Shades on Wheels

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2010

148 Washington St

Norwell, MA 02061

We are an At-Home Window Treatment Company servicing the South Shore and Cape Cod at your convenience. We arrive at your home with sample shades, blinds and fabrics for you to choose from. We will have all color samples that are available for each product, so you can see them with the lighting in your own home and we show you exactly how the product will be installed in the window. We are a Hunter Douglas Alustra Dealer as well as a Graber Partner Plus Dealer. We sell Plantation Shutters, Custom Draperies and any type of shade or blind you can imagine....

08/15/2020

Shannon E.

Great customer service and installation!

Description of Work
Hunter Douglas Plantation Shutters

Thk you [Member Name Removed] Your new plantation shutters look beautiful

06/03/2020

Lucy W.

Because I have worked with Shades on Wheels so many times, I wanted to write a thoughtful review, so sorry if it’s long! The best shades and blinds are found at Shades on Wheels which serves towns on the South Shore of Boston and in other areas of Massachusetts and Connecticut. Barbara Thomas and Shades on Wheels bring the showroom to you! She makes it so easy. Don’t waste your time searching other options. Barbara is your gal for residential and commercial custom shades and blinds installations. There is simply no debate. When Barbara Thomas came to my houses and place of business for window covering consultations, she always made suggestions that only someone with her expertise can make. They were things I never would have thought of. Barbara showed me options from her sample books, laser measured to microscopic accuracy and ordered from the best window treatment vendors in the world. Each and every time I have used Shades on Wheels, the installations have been flawless. Not only were her professional installers lightning fast, but so neat and tidy I hardly knew they were there. All of my shades and blinds perform perfectly and I get tons of compliments. It has been completely stress-free and absolute pleasure working with Shades on Wheels and Barbara Thomas. Decades spent in the shades and blinds business has earned Shades on Wheels the elite status of being a Hunter Douglas Priority Dealer and the prestigious Hunter Douglas Certified Kirsch Diamond Award. It’s no surprise. She participates in all the webinars and trainings offered by her premium vendors, has been the Best of Houzz every year since 2016, and received Angie's List Super Service Award. Barbara knows her product better than anyone else around and is not someone who just jumped into the custom blinds business. Shades On Wheels sells and installs custom window treatments like honeycomb blinds, motorized shades and blinds for skylights and windows, roman shades, woven wood blinds, wood blinds, interior wood shutters, plantation shutters, vertical blinds, mini blinds, roller shades, sunscreen shades, cellular shades, pleated shades, sun shades, blackout shades, horizontal blinds, modern and traditional draperies. Too many to name! As are the manufacturers she works with like Hunter Douglas, Graber, Horizons, Lafayette, Landmark, Levolor, Kirsch, Comfortex, Carole, Castec, Robert Allen, Norman, Worldwide and more. Everyone wants to work with Barbara. The last thing I’ll say is about DIY shades and blinds. Maybe you’re thinking of purchasing and installing shades or blinds yourself. Good luck with that. First of all, the measurements have to be precise, and by precise I don’t mean to the quarter inch. Windows, skylights and doors don’t fit into perfect, geometric openings to begin with, and structures shift which of course changes the corners causing the angles to skew. The word “custom” means done to order according to specific measurements and needs, therefore all shades and blinds are “custom.” You buy and install “custom shades and blinds” because you are fitting them to your windows. Shades on Wheels goes so far beyond “custom” we need to invent a new word! So, go for it! You won’t regret it.

Description of Work
Custom shades and blinds

Category interior designers,skylights,window treatments

Thank You , [Member Name Removed] It has been a pleasure working with you in all your window treatment projects over the years. I wish you many happy years in your new home.

05/05/2019

Judith H.

Everything went well. Barbara was prompt and had many selections available. I knew what I wanted and she had many options for me to choose from, i placed my order and it was ready in two weeks. Her installers were excellent. They had the blinds installed in a short amount of time. Everything was cleaned up and they did a perfect job. The two men were very nice. I highly recommend Shades on Wheels from Barbara.

Description of Work
I bought vinyl vertical blinds for my Sunroom.

Category window treatments

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. You chose the perfect treatment for your sunroom. You will enjoy them for many years. Barbara

10/28/2018

barbara G.

Barbara responded quickly and was very flexible with making an appointment with me. She arrived on time and was so nice; while being very professional and knowledgable about the products she worked with. She helped me ( I asked for decorating advice :)) and was not pushy at all, just gave me the facts and let us make our own decision. The installers were prompt and professional as well. They knew exactly what they were doing and did it well, taking all trash with them. I would definitely call Barbara again for our slider and skylights and anything else we need.

Description of Work
We got some blinds installed on our atrium doors

06/20/2018

Nancy C.

Everything except the price was fine, however we felt the prices were exorbitant.

Description of Work
New curtains and shades for new home

Category window treatments

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am happy you like all your new custom made window treatments and it Was a pleasure working with you. Unfortunately, custom Roman Shades and Draperies are always an expensive Window Treatment, but very beautiful and individualized just for you. The fabrics You chose are perfect for your home. I wish you many years of enjoyment with them. Thank you again, Barbara

04/24/2018

Mary E.

Very well. Barbara was very helpful, good advice.

Description of Work
New aluminum shades

04/06/2018

Kate P.

Just a little problem in communication. Incorrect shutters ordered but mistake was quickly rectified and my new shutters look great!

Description of Work
Shutters installed

03/27/2018

Susan W.

I contacted Barbara Thomas for an in-home consultation, after she was referred to me by a family member. Barbara made some great suggestions with regard to color and style, all which met our needs for the room. We went with the top down/bottom up feature, which allows light and privacy at the same time, and we love that option. Barbara was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Two and a half weeks from the order date, the blinds were installed! Installation was quick and efficient.

Description of Work
Hunter Douglas Applause honeycomb blinds with top down/bottom up feature with remote for family/tv room

03/15/2018

Mary S.

It was seamless! Barbara was so easy to work with and so professional. She returned my phone call, came on time and was accurate on everything. I am thrilled with my new blinds and highly recommend her.

Description of Work
New blinds for my kitchen.

Category window treatments

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. You are a pleasure to work with.

09/20/2015

Gregg P.

Barbara was great to work with from start to finish. She worked with us to pick the appropriate styles. The installation team was very professional and detailed.

Description of Work
Custom blinds throughout the home in living and bedroom areas.

Tess Leeds Redesign

Tess Leeds Redesign provides an affordable and unique design opportunity to those that desperately desire change, style, comfort and function in their home but don't want to start entirely from scratch. We show you how to maximize your home's design potential by beginning with what you already own. A one day redesign session will teach you how to create a space you love with the budget you choose. The consultation includes an analysis of the space which will cover the look and feel of the room. We'll discuss furniture placement, art and accessories, as well as window treatments and rug options. Tess Leeds Redesigns creates a new vision and provides you with a design plan so that you can proceed as your budget and schedule allow. Reinvent your happy! Tess Leeds Redesign holds your hand through the exciting process of finding your inspiration, designing your space and gives you the know-how to make it come true.

Roofer's Edge & Siding Inc

At Roofer's Edge & Siding, Inc. we have earned a reputation of honesty and professionalism. Whether it's a simple roof repair or a full replacement, we make every effort to ensure our workmanship and customer service is at the high level our customers have come to expect. Our areas of expertise include roofing, siding, windows, doors, insulation, skylights, gutters and leaf guards. We stand behind our workmanship and materials with guarantees that make our customers feel confident in their new investment. With a general contractor license, we are one of the few full-service companies in the area that you can count on for nearly all your home-improvement needs. We know that our reputation is on the line with every job that we do. We have outstanding satisfactory rating with our customers and we are very proud of that.

Our service includes in-home shopping for your convenience. Our prices always include "free" measuring and installation. We take great care in selling you the highest quallity product at the lowest possible price. Word of Mouth is our best advertisment!

ask for details