Sweepnman, Inc.

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2011

4.4

190 Main St

North Reading, MA 01864

Sweepnman Chimney Sweeps is in the business of keeping homes and families safe. We strongly believe that if people learn the facts about their chimneys a lot of trageties will be prevented. Each year in the United States, carbon monoxide poisoning claims approximately 480 lives and sends another

06/01/2020

Maureen K.

I had several email exchanges with Megan who was very helpful getting me ballpark figures for repair. In the end, we decided not to go ahead with the project as we are selling the house.

Description of Work
chimney repair

Category chimney repair

12/04/2019

Nicoli A.

The quoting crew seemed to be the most knowledgeable out of the contractors that visited my home. The crew that performed the chimney work was very professional and worked quickly. The rebuilt chimney is stunning!

Description of Work
Rebuilt chimney above roof line. Repaired interior of chimney. Installed chimney cap and top mount damper.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

04/29/2019

Linda R.

When I called to schedule an inspection the woman on the on phone said that they don't do inspections alone but they could come out to sweep and perform the inspection together. I explained the anatomy of our chimney/furnace and she stated the sweeping would be $399. When the crew arrived to inspect/sweep they told me it was $399 per flue (the furnace and fireplace flues both vent through the single chimney) for a total of $798. This is extremely high since most other companies will sweep for around $200 per flue. I also felt taken advantage of that the total price was not stated up front. When I hesitated and suggested just cleaning the furnace flue (we use the fireplace 1-2x a year) the workman said none of the repair work could be done without cleaning it first, so I agreed. In hindsight, I'm not sure this is true because a different company that ultimately did the repairs didn't even ask about it. SweepnMan promptly sent me the estimate for work which was well over double the two other estimates I had received. The company is well-organized and the email communication is great, however, the work is not worth double their competitors. I ultimately went with another company for the repairs mostly because of cost but the misinformation about the cost of sweeping also turned me off.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you. We strive to provide customer satisfaction. Throughout our inspection process we may find issues in need of repair that are more extensive and expensive then customers may have expected. We are not the cheapest option available. Running a business the proper way is expensive. All of our service technicians go through extensive education and certifications through multiple agencies and our company is fully insured, certified and bonded. Our technician provided a valuable service with the sweeps and inspections completed and we stand by the proposal he provided. We do encourage customers to get a second opinion if able and always refer CSIA.org as a valuable tool in finding a reputable Chimney Sweep company.

05/11/2017

albert B.

I was getting a smoky smell in my house when using the fireplace. I called Sweepnman for a second opinion. Mark initially came out to assess my chimney and he made some recommended repairs. I liked his recommended solution so we hired this company. Mark and Matt returned and fixed my smoke chamber, installed Heat Shield on the flue tiles, and a top damper. They were always on time, respectful, and tidy with their work. I now have a safe and operational fireplace that is the centerpiece of our family gatherings! No one will be touching my fireplace but this company!

Description of Work
fixed my smoke chamber, installed Heat Shield on the flue tiles, installed a top damper

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about the quality of service that we provide. We hope that you enjoy your fireplace and look forward to working with you again.

03/20/2017

Brenda L.

When servicing, they noted I needed a new heating flue liner because of age and wear. He quoted me, which I considered a high price for replacement. I have since researched with another company and the price was similar. We will have them back due to their professionalism, responsiveness and fair pricing.

Description of Work
Called for a general fireplace cleaning after many years. They were prompt and done in an hour.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. We appreciate the review and are glad we had the opportunity to complete the needed repairs for you.

02/04/2015

Cheryl G.

Dee was receptive on the phone and made an appointment in 2 weeks. Day they were to show up (before snowstorm with no pellet stove working), received phone call they had 2 technicians capable of working on pellet stoves, one was on vacation and one called in sick. Rescheduled for week later. Technician called to confirm day prior to appointment and being new to pellet stoves, we had a few questions before having him come out. He was rude and claimed he was sick and had no time for questions - do you need an appointment or not was his response. Needless to say, would not recommend this company and we did NOT need an appointment with them after this unprofessional call.

Description of Work
Requested an appointment for a pellet stove cleaning and maintenance call as stove not working.

Category chimney sweep

At that time of year we are extremely busy, at the height of the season, and with this past winters severe weather we tried to accommodate appointment requests as quickly as possible. Unfortunately a technician calling in sick is an unforeseen event and it coinciding with a vacation time of another technician is definitely inconvenient, and I am sorry for that. Any employee being rude when calling a customer for any reason is completely unacceptable. I do wish you had contacted me directly and immediately so I could have rectified this situation. That behavior is not tolerated. I value my customers and the feedback they offer. I sincerely apologize for the treatment you received, and I hope you will reconsider using our services in the future. I would personally come out to service your pellet stove and provide you with any information you needed. Dave Bancroft, Owner

08/18/2014

meghan L.

Description of Work
We had them come to vacuum out our pellet stove. They were on time and did a good job and explained everything after they were done. Would hire them again!

05/01/2014

Barbara S.

They are reliable. They come promptly when I call them. They push a bit more for additional services that are not necessary, but they do a good job. They are also very neat in their so there is is no mess.

Description of Work
They do a chimney sweep yearly for us.

04/21/2014

Jim N.

They were awesome. They were very reasonable in price. Actually, they were $4000 cheaper than somebody else who was on Angie's List. They were in and out in no time and they did an awesome job. They were very courteous and very neat. I stayed home and they were very quiet.

Description of Work
I used Sweepnman, Inc. and they out a new chimney liner in.

Category chimney caps

03/11/2013

Harry H.

Overall, service was very good. When I called to make the appointment, he was very booked so I had to wait several weeks for him to get to my house. This wasn't a problem for me. The cleaning was done very well. I wasn't there, but my wife said it was done quickly without any mess or any issues. We did have some minor repair work done which was also done well. My only issue, was the price of the sweep($190) which I have since found to be higher than others in the area.

Description of Work
Chimmey sweep Minor repairs to the fireplace

11/19/2012

Kristen B.

OVERALL? Well my house CAUGHT FIRE, smoldered ALL night while we slept and the next day a breeze kicked up igniting the blaze which in turn burned my house doing significant damage. We are lucky to be alive. This was a 3 alarm fire. As of today November 19, 2012 we continue to wait for this companies insurance company to get thier jobs done so we can start rebuilding our home and lives. Sweepnman's insurance company was informed of the fire the day it happened, November 5, 2012. Obviously I would never ever use or recommend this company as you risk you house catching fire due to there shoddy work.

Description of Work
I used this company to clean and do some maintenance on my fireplace of a home that I purchased 2 months prior. There were repairs done on the lentil on my fireplace (the seal for the damper), the chimney was cleaned and a level 1 inspection was done. We were told 3 times to "light a fire tonight to dry out the cement" by the worker Mark doing the job at my property. We waited until the following evening to light the fire.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

07/10/2012

Andrew T.

Company was very responsive to my initial contact, and though pretty solidly booked were able to squeeze me in at a convenient time. They were very friendly and professional the entire time they were there, pointing out a few details about our furnace installation that we should keep an eye on lest they turn into problems down the road. Also took a look at our woodstove installation to see if it was up to code (it was installed in the '60s). Informed us it wasn't and listed our options for remedying the situation. The "B" rating for responsiveness is because they offered to give us an estimate for taking care of the woodstove, but we never heard back from them. That turned out to not be a problem and we did not strenuously pursue, however, due to other circumstances negating the issue (namely a relative taking the woodstove for themselves). We highly recommend this company to all prospective customers.

Description of Work
Cleaned the flue of an oil furnace.

04/30/2012

Lindsay C.

We contacted Dave regarding chimney repair work we needed done. He stated that he no longer provides free estimates and will provide an estimate for repairs if we purchase a flue sweeping for around $190. I had already explained that we were moving soon and just needed repair work done. Cannot comment on work but why pay $200 for to get an estimate on additional work needed?

Description of Work
No actual services performed. Did not want to pay $200 for an estimate.

Category chimney repair

06/04/2011

David G.

They were extremely clean. They laid down drop cloths. They were polite. It was a minimal disruption. Both times the repairs were excellent. I would highly recommend them. The masonry work was very well done. It was a difficult job due to the configuration of the firebox.

Description of Work
They cleaned our chimney. They also did a difficult firebox repair. They have done two such repairs. The repair portion cost $500.00. He came back and did an additional repair for $125.00.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

05/13/2011

Diana A.

It was good. I have never had work like that done before and it went very well.

Description of Work
He did a chimney sweep for me.

05/12/2011

Shawn A.

It went fine. I wasn't overly thrilled but I have no real negatives or positives. I got what I paid for. If I need the service again I may or not use them again.

Description of Work
They did a chiemny cleaning.

05/12/2011

SUSAN C.

They did a great job. They were very pleasnt. They were very neat, polite and efficient. They came the day they said they would. They were on time. They cleaned up everything afterward . The price seemed reasonable.

Description of Work
They inserted a new liner and cap and cleaned out the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

04/13/2011

Andre M.

Sweepnman was great! Super professional, punctual and they didn't charge me for the full inspection because they could tell from sweeping most of the information that was needed to indicate that the chimney in the house we're looking to buy needed some serious work. I got a report and an estimate for repairs within 24 hours and look forward to working with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Level 2 chimney inspection and chimney sweep.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC

We are a fully functional construction company who can fulfill all of your home improvement needs. We can tackle any task from large to small inside or outside your home. With over 10 years of making customers happy, you can have full confident in knowing that we will handle your job with the up most care.

Offers by Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC on Angi
    MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi
    American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers by American Made Masonry LLC on Angi

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Sweepnman, Inc.

How is Sweepnman, Inc. overall rated?

Sweepnman, Inc. is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are Sweepnman, Inc. open?

Sweepnman, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Sweepnman, Inc. provide

Sweepnman, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Does Sweepnman, Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Sweepnman, Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Sweepnman, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Sweepnman, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Sweepnman, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Sweepnman, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Sweepnman, Inc.?

Yes, Sweepnman, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Sweepnman, Inc. offer?

Sweepnman, Inc. offers the following services: Sweepnman Chimney Sweeps is a full service chimney company specializing in: • Fireplace sweeping • Oil flue sweeping • Gas flue sweeping • Chimney cap installation • Damper repair or replacement • Chimney relining • Fireplace restoration • Complete masonry repair • Chimney waterproofing • Clean-out door installation • Draft problem consultation • Level one, two, and three chimney inspections • Wood stove service • Pellet stove service • Video camera inspections Professi

Are there any services Sweepnman, Inc. does not offer?