North Shore Painting

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2015

Massachusetts

PO Box 663

North Reading, MA 01864

When you need the best painting the area has to offer, turn to us and our 25+ years of experience, as well as our high retention rate with many satisfied customers. Whether you want to build your dream home or you need home improvements, we've got you covered!...

house painting (35)interior painting (29)woodworking (25)pressure washing (12)drywall (5)siding companies (3)deck cleaning (2)plastering (1)

04/19/2022

Linda D.

Beautiful job--our house looks brand new. Crew was great: professional, efficient and friendly. They paid attention to detail. Supervisor kept us in the loop throughout the job. Work was done in a timely way. Crew cleaned up everything.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

10/08/2020

Louis M.

Excellent. Very professional and excellent work.

Description of Work
Painting, stain and deck supports

Category deck cleaning,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

05/30/2020

William D.

I could not have asked for more. They were very prompt to respond to questions and were very clear about everything. The work was excellent and on top of everything else they handled the job very well during the corona virus situation. I was never worried for second about my health or theirs. Really gave me peace of mind in multiple levels.

Description of Work
Repair of exterior clapboard and painting

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/22/2020

Robert M.

They did a very good job. They were responsive to any questions I had. They were quick when they sent the team out to sand the walls. They supplied enough man power to complete all aspects of the job in a very timely manner. They were reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Painted several rooms

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

03/21/2020

Jamie S.

Had these guys repair and paint my back deck and railings , great work for a fair price. Definitely would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior carpentry and painting

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

Review for North Shore Painting - PO Box 663, North Reading, MA - 38456102

03/19/2020

Linda N.

On time and budget. The outcome was excellent. No doubt hiring them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting and carpentry

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

03/17/2020

Oscar B.

The project did not go as well as I would have liked, and had I not been home, it would have been done completely wrong. First they removed the old railings and wanted to install the new white railings to the deck before sanding the floor, I had to stop that. The sanding was done by hand and not with a floor sander so it didn't remove all the old paint. Then I chose a color from the chart they supplied and after four attempts to get the color right I had to settle for as color that was closer to the color on my house. Then she the put the railings on they tried to cut corners and not buy a stair railing but use a standard railing which they attempted for a full day to make fit. At that point I called the sales person and told him that was not happy. They did put the correct railing on at the end. Lastly I had a gate put on the stairway and the put it on so it swings into the deck instead of to the railing swinging to the outside. Had I not come home in time, they would have left it that way. To repair it they had to buy additional posts and plugs to repair the hols in the gate. Again I settled fo this. The price was very high, but I thought I was going to get a better end product which I don't think I did. The deck still needs another quote because it was not good coverage with the first coat of the color I had to settle on.

Description of Work
Needed my Deck sanded, stained and new railings put on.

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

08/03/2019

Megan B.

Our three-story Victorian needed exterior painting and repair work (siding, trim, porch), and as with many Victorians, had a lot of detail work. The team from North Shore did a fantastic job - they were thorough, fast for such a large project, and respectful of our property. The team's attention to detail was extraordinary - before the last day of work, we did a walk around to make note of the handful of items that we saw that we wanted to make sure got done. Without us even needing to mention those to the team, they addressed every single one as part of their final touch up process. This level of attention to detail is not something we have had from all contractors we have worked with. We would absolutely use North Shore again for future projects. Pricing was fair, but not cheap - that said, you get what you pay for and the quality speaks for itself.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Carpentry Repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

11/06/2018

Michael F.

I hired North Shore to paint the exterior of my stucco house. It went very well - Peter and his team were various easy to work with and the results are great. They performed the work right on budget. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

07/30/2018

Rusty P.

We were very pleased with the work done by Peter's crew. The weather was hot and humid but they still showed up and did a full day's work. Our starting date was greatly delayed because of rain and other bad weather. Once the weather cooperated, the work was done in about 5 or 6 days. Peter agreed to have someone install our new storm door and didn't increase our estimate. Very kind of him!! They also replaced a piece of vinyl siding that had come off during a windy storm. Again, no additional charge. We had to replace a few plastic shutters and when my husband bought the replacement shutters, we discovered that didn't match what was on the side of the house. One of the workers took it upon himself to rotate shutters from one side of the house to the other to make everything match. We really appreciated that. I intend to have Peter work on another project for us later in the year.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, power wash, paint shutters on both the house and small garage.

Category siding,pressure washing,woodworking

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

04/18/2018

Eric P.

It went great, it was a great family owned business and they're very kind.

Description of Work
They did a ceiling painting.

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

01/21/2018

sarah I.

Job was done quickly and efficiently. All rotted wood was replaced. Workers were courteous and cleaned up after themselves each day.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house. Replace various areas of rotting wood.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

11/07/2017

Elena F.

EXCELLENT!! I could not be more pleased. Peter and his staff were wonderful to work with. From my first inquiry to get an estimate, to the final payment, they were punctual, professional, friendly, and most importantly, the work done was of high quality. Peter himself is a a very easy to work with he made the entire house painting experience super easy. He kept me fully informed along the way, and he and his crew were timely both with the initial estimating process and with the entire job. They even helped with color selection for my house, and I am beyond thrilled with the final results. They did a good amount of carpentry work (fixing rotted trim, repairing clapboards, etc) and everything looks great. There was absolutely no mess at all along the way. I have already asked Peter for a quote for some interior painting. I highly recommend them based on my experience.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting (staining) including carpentry repair work.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

10/08/2017

Larisa F.

Peter and his team did an excellent job! The house needed a lot of carpentry repair (window frames repair, siding replacement etc.) All carpentry work was addressed. All the work was done with high quality. The house looks beautiful and I would recommend North Shore Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, deck resurfacing and carpentry repair.

Category siding,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/08/2017

09/27/2017

Raymond A.

It was fantastic dealing with Peter, and his crew was simply excellent. Somehow, I got the feeling upon meeting Peter that he would treat me fairly and honestly, and my experience followed these expectations. He gave me great recommendations on what work needed to be done, and he came in with a very reasonable bid. The crew was highly responsive to all of my questions and made sure that I was completely satisfied at the end of the job. Everything came out beautifully. It was great to have one contractor handle both the painting and all of the carpentry.

Description of Work
Exterior trim work, shutter repair, soffit repair, cement board siding installation, and exterior painting of wood surfaces. Interior repair of a hole in a ceiling.

Category drywall,plastering,siding,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/13/2017

Laurie D.

Very well. Price was reasonable and the work was done in one day

Description of Work
We had a master bedroom painted.

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

09/03/2017

Mike G.

It went very well. The crew worked in difficult summer weather to get my house painted (in spite of the frequent rains). The quality of the work showed in how much prep work was done prior to painting (scraping, caulking and carpentry). The work crew showed up when they were supposed to and responded to any requests or concerns I had. I would hire them again. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Category drywall,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

08/25/2017

Greg J.

Smooth! I will hire them for a kitchen repainting.

Description of Work
We had whole house painting with much trim and siding repair. Peter B and his crew are very polite and professional. They are the go to paint solution.

Category pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

08/22/2017

Tom B.

The house needed a lot of prep work and we were pleased with the amount of time spent prepping and scraping the siding and lots of trim. The crew was very polite: they did not play loud music and there was no swearing. They were very responsive to our requests: They also did a very thorough job of cleaning up at the end of each day. We are very pleased with the outcome and we would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Complete exterior house painting and some carpentry repairs

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

08/21/2017

mary S.

Peter's crew did an excellant job and were very professional. As the job progressed if we noticed a problem area they took care of it right away and made sure we were satisfied. I would recommend this company to anyone and as a matter of fact they painted an entire room after they finished the exterior. scraped and painted a ceiling , crown molding, and walls in 3 hours.

Description of Work
exterior paint job

Category pressure washing,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2017

07/17/2017

Ashley M.

Great! They were friendly to work with, on time, professional, did a good job.

Description of Work
Painting in 2 rooms

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

07/01/2017

Allen K.

Fantastic. Quality work fair price and timely. Definitely would us again

Description of Work
Whole exterior painting

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

06/27/2017

John D.

They sowed up on time and put in a full 10hr day, rushing at the end to complete the job. The quality in places,, such as how the new wallboard was put up in multiple pieces with large gaps, could have been better - but we feel for the most part we got our money's worth.

Description of Work
We needed three 36in doors installed that included moving light switches to accommodate the new width.

Category woodworking