AFFORDABLE HEAT & AIR

8:30 AM - 4:00 AM
8:30 AM - 4:00 AM

17 TWOMBLEY AVE

North Billerica, MA 01862

4 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR ELETRICAL & CARPENTRY. NO TRAVEL CHARGES WITHIN SURROUNDING TOWNS. EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE MAY APPLY. SERVICING LOWELL- BILLERICA AREA , GREATER MERRIMACK VALLEY, MIDDLESEX COUNTY...

HVAC Companies (58)water heaters (19)

09/08/2021

Kunal B.

Ryan has amazing team of electrician, plumbers. Especially, Jimmy! He was thorough with his work, explained everything clearly and did a very good job. Had some issues with the town, but Ryan made sure to take care of it without getting me involved. The equipment they use is of top quality and left the workplace clean at the end of the day. They came on time everyday and finished the whole job on time as promised. Clear communication from Ryan on the next steps was very helpful.

Description of Work
Replaced Oil Furnace with Gas Furnace and Added Zoning

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

08/24/2021

Ashok K S J.

Overall, they did a good job and completed the work the next day. They did need to adjust the pricing.

Description of Work
Gas furnace condensate pump is leaking. May be clogged. Need to clean or replace the pump.

Work Completed On 08/11/2021

06/24/2021

Kunal B.

Bryan said that he will get his duct work guy to come and check and never came or responded until to followed up 3 times. Then he said he does not want to do the job because I was shopping around for other HVAC guys and does not want to compete.

Description of Work
Did not want to do the job because i was shopping around for quotes

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

Situation was resolved with this customer.

06/03/2021

Deborah B.

DO NOT HIRE - I made a call and talked to the owner - he belittled that I had oil heat (not efficient), warned that if my air conditioning unit was old it would be very expensive. I stated to him by the end of the conversation I was nervous. "Don't be nervous", he stated. I should have listened to my own instincts. Two technicians came to my home - they diagnosed the problem as a relay switch. They both left to pick up the relay switch - installed it - was not the problem. Further diagnosis, they determined oil burner eye was bad. Again - had to go pick up the part - clock is ticking - they charge by the hour. Almost $500.00 later, the eye of $15.00 was replaced and away they went. Complained that the price seemed to be exorbitant - they left me the old relay switch which was still working and another small part. He stated he took 1/2 hour off - but you certainly could not tell - and paying for two trips to pick up parts and incorrect diagnosis and to pay for parts I did not need - absurd. Heat now turns on for a very expensive price. Name of company AFFORDABLE HEAT & AIR - I don't think AFFORDABLE is true at all.

Description of Work
Complaint - heat would not turn in - furnace man stated it was air conditioner mechanism -call AC repair person

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

I did belittle the fact that this customer had oil heat. Oil heat is THE most expensive fuel and oil equipment is the least efficient. What this customer neglected to mention in this backstabbing review is that her oil company came before us and mis- diagnosed the problem and that's why she called us to begin with. I wonder if she's writing a bad review about her oil company that cost her two separate service calls. She just didn't like the fact that I spoke to her about her wasteful oil equipment even though we fixed the problem that her oil company couldn't. Very vindictive person to write a review like that. One of the richest families in Billerica and I guess they don't like anyone telling them things that they don't like to hear. Bottom line is we fixed a problem that her oil company mis-diagnosed. So, as far as I'm concerned, we did our job and her negative review means nothing to me.

05/11/2021

Jason N.

I had Affordable Heat and Air initially quote me on central air conditioning, but then hired them to not only do that but to also remove my old boiler and hot water tank in place of a full Heat/Hot water combo unit. The work done on the combo unit was super clean and it works quite well. We've not had the opportunity to use the central air as of yet, but it too was a great solution and I liked Bryan's approach to the set up. I would certainly recommend Affordable Heat and Air for any heating and air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
Whole house air conditioning plus Heat/hot water combo unit

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Thank You for Choosing Affordable Heat & Air!

04/19/2021

Francis M.

My previous central air conditioning system was old, improperly installed, and inefficient. I called Bryan and he came out the same day to inspect the system and give me a quote to remove the old system and install the new system. Because I called him in March, he was able to schedule the job and install it the very next week. The two technicians, Jimmy and Guy, were fantastic! They were very professional, polite, and helpful; explaining everything thoroughly and providing information about our new AC. I've already contacted for another job at another property I own. I highly recommend Affordable Heat and Air!

Description of Work
Replace central AC and air handling system

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

Thank you for choosing Affordable Heat & Air

11/02/2020

Chris M.

My boiler developed a cracked heat exchanger and needed immediate replacement. I called Affordable Heat & Air for an estimate. Not only did Bryan answer the phone immediately, he come out within a few hours, provided an estimate that beat two other companies in price and the boiler included an internal on-demand water heater eliminating the need for my older, about to fail water heater. Bryan also explained the Mass Save Heat Loan program to me which was a great help! Jimmy and Mike arrived on-time each day and would provide updates before and after each workday; it was a big job and took a few days. You can tell both Jimmy and Mike take great pride in their workmanship. I should mention the house is old with a basement built to accommodate your average sized Oompa Loompa making the job even more difficult. The end result was nothing but spectacular. Having your main source of heat go out just before winter isn’t fun, but other than that I couldn’t be happier with the whole project. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Boiler replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

11/01/2020

Oleksandr S.

On time, attention to the details, clean work. You cannot expect better, those guys are the best.

Description of Work
Replacement of the outdated heating and cooling system and instillation completely new energy efficient one.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

10/08/2020

Shan K.

One of the greatest decisions my wife & I have made since owning a home was hiring Bryan and his team at Affordable Heat & Air in N. Billerica to replace our AC, furnace, and water heater. They easily receive the highest of our recommendation! Honestly, from start to finish, the experience with Bryan and him team was fantastic. Bryan was very quick to respond to an online inquiry I had made with regards to replacing our very old AC and furnace. He was punctual, highly professional, and tremendously knowledgeable. You need to understand that Bryan is the owner of this company and he himself comes out for sales calls. The man is like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to anything and everything HVAC. He taught my wife & I so much while simply coming to provide us with a quote. Bryan’s team is also phenomenal; a special shout-out to Jimmy who has got to be the friendliest person I’ve ever had work in our home. He walked us through everything and provided thorough explanations about how everything worked and if any issues ever arise, how to approach them. These are the type of people you can trust while you’re not at home which we did without any issue due to their excellent professionalism. Every morning they would come in and get straight to work. By the end of the day, the crew would clean up and Jimmy would brief me on what was worked on. They legitimately left our home cleaner than it was from the start. By the time they were done, our utilities room looked like a masterpiece! To wrap this all up, I’d like to personally extend a huge thank you to Bryan, Jimmy, and all the rest of his team who worked on our house. You guys are fantastic and deserve the best rating possible. Again, I would recommend Affordable Heat & Air in N. Billerica to anyone!

Description of Work
AC, Furnace, Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

Thanks for using Affordable Heat & Air! Bryan Rowell-Owner

08/23/2020

Daniel W.

Bryan and his team, including Jimmy and everyone else, is very professional, friendly, and punctual. My central air conditioning system was 23 years old and had been working fine (York brand), but then needed repair, but such an old system has old refrigerant. Bryan replaced the entire system, including the compressor outside, the air handler in the attic, and all the ductwork. The new ductwork provided better air flow, and a few additional vents were installed. Bryan subcontracted the ductwork, but this turned out excellent, with a few additional vents for better placement than in the original installation. The ducts are insulated, unlike the original installation. The ducts are routed over the mid-span rafter ties, rather than along the floor of the attic as in the original installation, so I have somewhat better access and storage space in my attic now. There is easy access to the air filter, which is a 2-inch-thick pleated filter, rather than the older-style one-inch-thick filter. July is a bad time to find an air conditioner contractor. I contacted five contractors. Four responded. Bryan came over the next day, while none of the others could come within a few weeks. Bryan quoted the day after that. Then the next day, he brought over two temporary air conditioner units (the kind that roll around on wheels and have a duct out a window) so we were ok in our bedroom and kitchen. A couple of days later he brought over a third such unit. That kept us comfortable until the Rheem units arrived and he could install them. Our drop-down attic stairs needed replacement before work could begin. Bryan recommend a contractor who did excellent work, replacing our 37-year-old, spring-loaded wooden stairs with hydraulic (or pneumatic) aluminum stairs. This work including replacing wooden molding and painting that ended up looking as good as the original installation. There was no damage to any interior walls, molding, or handrails during any of the work, including removing the old air handler and ductwork from the attic and installation of the new air handler and ductwork. Bryan sped up the job by doing everything as soon as possible, such as installing the compressor outside and the air handler in the attic while waiting for the ductwork installation. Bryan arranged an electrician the very next morning after ductwork installation. All old scrap metal, including the old compressor, air handler, and ducting was picked up the very same day that it was hauled down from the attic and onto my driveway. They chose a reasonable location that was out of sight and wouldn't damage my grass, but it was nice that it was all removed right away. Bryan filled out all paperwork for me for the energy rebate. All I had to do was sign it and mail it, so that was very convenient. This review is for a brand-new 3-ton Rheem central air conditioning system, completely separate from my heating system and its ducts. .

Description of Work
Central air conditioner replacement

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Review for AFFORDABLE HEAT & AIR - 17 TWOMBLEY AVE, North Billerica, MA - 38820901

Thanks for using Affordable Heat & Air

HEATING & AC CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN HIGH EFFICIENCY GAS BOILERS, FURNACES, AND A/C INSTALLATION AND REPAIR. ALSO QIV CERTIFIED THROUGH MASS COOL SMART, QULIFIED INSTALLER FOR MASS SAVE HEAT LOAN PROGRAM

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express