AFFORDABLE HEAT & AIR

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2006

17 TWOMBLEY AVE

North Billerica, MA 01862

4 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR ELETRICAL & CARPENTRY. NO TRAVEL CHARGES WITHIN SURROUNDING TOWNS. EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE MAY APPLY. SERVICING LOWELL- BILLERICA AREA , GREATER MERRIMACK VALLEY, MIDDLESEX COUNTY

Kunal B.
09/08/2021
Ryan has amazing team of electrician, plumbers. Especially, Jimmy! He was thorough with his work, explained everything clearly and did a very good job. Had some issues with the town, but Ryan made sure to take care of it without getting me involved. The equipment they use is of top quality and left the workplace clean at the end of the day. They came on time everyday and finished the whole job on time as promised. Clear communication from Ryan on the next steps was very helpful.
Description of Work
Replaced Oil Furnace with Gas Furnace and Added Zoning
Ashok J.
08/24/2021
Overall, they did a good job and completed the work the next day. They did need to adjust the pricing.
Description of Work
Gas furnace condensate pump is leaking. May be clogged. Need to clean or replace the pump.
Kunal B.
06/24/2021
Bryan said that he will get his duct work guy to come and check and never came or responded until to followed up 3 times. Then he said he does not want to do the job because I was shopping around for other HVAC guys and does not want to compete.
Description of Work
Did not want to do the job because i was shopping around for quotes
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Situation was resolved with this customer.
Deborah B.
06/03/2021
DO NOT HIRE - I made a call and talked to the owner - he belittled that I had oil heat (not efficient), warned that if my air conditioning unit was old it would be very expensive. I stated to him by the end of the conversation I was nervous. "Don't be nervous", he stated. I should have listened to my own instincts. Two technicians came to my home - they diagnosed the problem as a relay switch. They both left to pick up the relay switch - installed it - was not the problem. Further diagnosis, they determined oil burner eye was bad. Again - had to go pick up the part - clock is ticking - they charge by the hour. Almost $500.00 later, the eye of $15.00 was replaced and away they went. Complained that the price seemed to be exorbitant - they left me the old relay switch which was still working and another small part. He stated he took 1/2 hour off - but you certainly could not tell - and paying for two trips to pick up parts and incorrect diagnosis and to pay for parts I did not need - absurd. Heat now turns on for a very expensive price. Name of company AFFORDABLE HEAT & AIR - I don't think AFFORDABLE is true at all.
Description of Work
Complaint - heat would not turn in - furnace man stated it was air conditioner mechanism -call AC repair person
heating & air conditioning/hvac

I did belittle the fact that this customer had oil heat. Oil heat is THE most expensive fuel and oil equipment is the least efficient. What this customer neglected to mention in this backstabbing review is that her oil company came before us and mis- diagnosed the problem and that's why she called us to begin with. I wonder if she's writing a bad review about her oil company that cost her two separate service calls. She just didn't like the fact that I spoke to her about her wasteful oil equipment even though we fixed the problem that her oil company couldn't. Very vindictive person to write a review like that. One of the richest families in Billerica and I guess they don't like anyone telling them things that they don't like to hear. Bottom line is we fixed a problem that her oil company mis-diagnosed. So, as far as I'm concerned, we did our job and her negative review means nothing to me.
Jason N.
05/11/2021
I had Affordable Heat and Air initially quote me on central air conditioning, but then hired them to not only do that but to also remove my old boiler and hot water tank in place of a full Heat/Hot water combo unit. The work done on the combo unit was super clean and it works quite well. We've not had the opportunity to use the central air as of yet, but it too was a great solution and I liked Bryan's approach to the set up. I would certainly recommend Affordable Heat and Air for any heating and air conditioning needs.
Description of Work
Whole house air conditioning plus Heat/hot water combo unit
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for Choosing Affordable Heat & Air!
Francis M.
04/19/2021
My previous central air conditioning system was old, improperly installed, and inefficient. I called Bryan and he came out the same day to inspect the system and give me a quote to remove the old system and install the new system. Because I called him in March, he was able to schedule the job and install it the very next week. The two technicians, Jimmy and Guy, were fantastic! They were very professional, polite, and helpful; explaining everything thoroughly and providing information about our new AC. I've already contacted for another job at another property I own. I highly recommend Affordable Heat and Air!
Description of Work
Replace central AC and air handling system

Thank you for choosing Affordable Heat & Air
Chris M.
11/02/2020
My boiler developed a cracked heat exchanger and needed immediate replacement. I called Affordable Heat & Air for an estimate. Not only did Bryan answer the phone immediately, he come out within a few hours, provided an estimate that beat two other companies in price and the boiler included an internal on-demand water heater eliminating the need for my older, about to fail water heater. Bryan also explained the Mass Save Heat Loan program to me which was a great help! Jimmy and Mike arrived on-time each day and would provide updates before and after each workday; it was a big job and took a few days. You can tell both Jimmy and Mike take great pride in their workmanship. I should mention the house is old with a basement built to accommodate your average sized Oompa Loompa making the job even more difficult. The end result was nothing but spectacular. Having your main source of heat go out just before winter isn’t fun, but other than that I couldn’t be happier with the whole project. Highly recommend!!
Description of Work
Boiler replacement
water heater repair
Oleksandr S.
11/01/2020
On time, attention to the details, clean work. You cannot expect better, those guys are the best.
Description of Work
Replacement of the outdated heating and cooling system and instillation completely new energy efficient one.
Shan K.
10/08/2020
One of the greatest decisions my wife & I have made since owning a home was hiring Bryan and his team at Affordable Heat & Air in N. Billerica to replace our AC, furnace, and water heater. They easily receive the highest of our recommendation! Honestly, from start to finish, the experience with Bryan and him team was fantastic. Bryan was very quick to respond to an online inquiry I had made with regards to replacing our very old AC and furnace. He was punctual, highly professional, and tremendously knowledgeable. You need to understand that Bryan is the owner of this company and he himself comes out for sales calls. The man is like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to anything and everything HVAC. He taught my wife & I so much while simply coming to provide us with a quote. Bryan’s team is also phenomenal; a special shout-out to Jimmy who has got to be the friendliest person I’ve ever had work in our home. He walked us through everything and provided thorough explanations about how everything worked and if any issues ever arise, how to approach them. These are the type of people you can trust while you’re not at home which we did without any issue due to their excellent professionalism. Every morning they would come in and get straight to work. By the end of the day, the crew would clean up and Jimmy would brief me on what was worked on. They legitimately left our home cleaner than it was from the start. By the time they were done, our utilities room looked like a masterpiece! To wrap this all up, I’d like to personally extend a huge thank you to Bryan, Jimmy, and all the rest of his team who worked on our house. You guys are fantastic and deserve the best rating possible. Again, I would recommend Affordable Heat & Air in N. Billerica to anyone!
Description of Work
AC, Furnace, Water Heater

Thanks for using Affordable Heat & Air! Bryan Rowell-Owner
Daniel W.
08/23/2020
Bryan and his team, including Jimmy and everyone else, is very professional, friendly, and punctual. My central air conditioning system was 23 years old and had been working fine (York brand), but then needed repair, but such an old system has old refrigerant. Bryan replaced the entire system, including the compressor outside, the air handler in the attic, and all the ductwork. The new ductwork provided better air flow, and a few additional vents were installed. Bryan subcontracted the ductwork, but this turned out excellent, with a few additional vents for better placement than in the original installation. The ducts are insulated, unlike the original installation. The ducts are routed over the mid-span rafter ties, rather than along the floor of the attic as in the original installation, so I have somewhat better access and storage space in my attic now. There is easy access to the air filter, which is a 2-inch-thick pleated filter, rather than the older-style one-inch-thick filter. July is a bad time to find an air conditioner contractor. I contacted five contractors. Four responded. Bryan came over the next day, while none of the others could come within a few weeks. Bryan quoted the day after that. Then the next day, he brought over two temporary air conditioner units (the kind that roll around on wheels and have a duct out a window) so we were ok in our bedroom and kitchen. A couple of days later he brought over a third such unit. That kept us comfortable until the Rheem units arrived and he could install them. Our drop-down attic stairs needed replacement before work could begin. Bryan recommend a contractor who did excellent work, replacing our 37-year-old, spring-loaded wooden stairs with hydraulic (or pneumatic) aluminum stairs. This work including replacing wooden molding and painting that ended up looking as good as the original installation. There was no damage to any interior walls, molding, or handrails during any of the work, including removing the old air handler and ductwork from the attic and installation of the new air handler and ductwork. Bryan sped up the job by doing everything as soon as possible, such as installing the compressor outside and the air handler in the attic while waiting for the ductwork installation. Bryan arranged an electrician the very next morning after ductwork installation. All old scrap metal, including the old compressor, air handler, and ducting was picked up the very same day that it was hauled down from the attic and onto my driveway. They chose a reasonable location that was out of sight and wouldn't damage my grass, but it was nice that it was all removed right away. Bryan filled out all paperwork for me for the energy rebate. All I had to do was sign it and mail it, so that was very convenient. This review is for a brand-new 3-ton Rheem central air conditioning system, completely separate from my heating system and its ducts. .
Description of Work
Central air conditioner replacement

Thanks for using Affordable Heat & Air
Sean B.
07/30/2020
Team did a nice job with location of the splits and dressing up the external conduits to minimize distractions when seeing the house from the street. Very prompt and got the work done quickly. We were fortunate with the timing as we were about a week from decision to completed project.
Description of Work
Ductless Splits
timothy H.
07/13/2020
It went excellent! Brian sent Jimmy and a helper out and they arrived on time. I was warned that since the system was 15 years old it may have to be replaced as it uses the old freon. Jimmy diagnosed the problem fairly quickly, as a burned our capacitor so he replaced it. For an additional price he cleaned the coils inside the condenser. Everything took about an hour. I was glad that Jimmy explained everything as he went along. Very happy with everything!!
Description of Work
Our AC system was running but not cooling our condo so we needed someone to trouble shoot our AC system.
Peter G.
06/05/2020
Jimmy arrived in time and did a he obviously knew exactly what he was doing, explaining to me everything while he was going along. I had been reading up on line and everything was according to the book. He acid washed the condenser unit and checked the refrigerant charge. Then he found out that the heating/cooling system lacked a filter. He installed a filter. In order to do that correctly he had to create a contraption to hold the filter in place. He spend some time to explain to me in detail how I could easily replace the filter myself from here on (I should check after 2 month to see if that was needed). Then he checked the system. I will definitely call them again if I need service or if I need to replace all or a part of my 13 year old system.
Description of Work
Cooling system check (We bought our condo 5 years and never had any service done.)
Peter A.
07/14/2019
Brian and Jimmy were a breeze to work with. Started when Brian came to look at the job. He told me everything they planned to do and explained how the equipment that he installs works. He showed me pictures of all of his previous work. He also told me about the Mass Save program and how to get a $2400 rebate from the program once he completes the work. Then when Jimmy came to do the install, he was always on time and communicated everything that was going to happen beforehand during the week he was here. When he was complete with the install, the area was cleaner then when he arrived. Everything that was installed was done cleanly, looks great and we gained more space when the old equipment was removed. I would recommend them to anyone that needs any work done and will be having them back to add heat to my garage in the fall.
Description of Work
Replace old boiler and water heater with single high-efficiency furnace/water heater
Liviu R.
07/03/2019
They came out really quickly, technician was super friendly and professional and quickly identified the reason for the AC failure to cool, and fixed it. Great service!!
Description of Work
AC was not cooling. Technician identified torn wires in outside unit as cause.

Thank you for choosing Affordable Heat & Air
Bob B.
06/02/2019
Service Tech on time. Went over all the details of my system. Verified that only the filter needed changing. Provided tips on ensuring my system remained in tip top running conditions. Will definitely use again!!!
Description of Work
Check out AC

Thanks for using Affordable Heat & Air
Cassandra H.
04/14/2019
We are first time home owners and a month into living in our new home our furnace went. We were stressed and overwhelmed to say the least. It was important to us that the company we wanted to work with is Veteran owned and so we came across Affordable Heat & Air. Bryan was a wealth of knowledge and came out right away with Jimmy to assess our situation and discuss with us in great length what we needed, didn’t need, and what the entire process would be in a manner that wasn’t overwhelming to us. It was a big job. Jimmy showed up Monday morning with Jose and they took down and replaced all of the old duct work that wasn’t efficient, replaced our furnace with a brand new one, added a humidifier, and central ac. Eliminated a few returns that weren’t efficient and added a couple to make it more efficient since efficiency is very important to us. They finished the entire job in 4 days. They were so professional and so tidy. I highly recommend Affordable heat and air to anyone who needs hvac services in a timely manner.
Description of Work
New furnace, added humidifier and central ac as well as replacing duct work
heating & air conditioning/hvac

It was our pleasure doing business with you. Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. Bryan Rowell- Owner Affordable Heat & Air
John L.
01/21/2019
In November our old boiler started acting erratically. In Dec we contacted Bryan to quote on a new system. We explained to Bryan that we would be leaving the state at any time and did not know when we would return. He suggested that we have a smart thermostat installed whereby we could monitor our system by WiFi. Jimmy installed the thermostat the next day. On Monday Jan 7th, Jimmy supplied us with 3 electric heaters, removed our old boiler, and put up new plywood walls in the boiler room. We were told we would have heat Saturday. The outside temperatures start falling. Jimmy and the electrician worked late hours so we had heat Thursday. Our DHW and a hydronic heating third zone in the garage was completed on Saturday. The system works excellent, and is a piece of art. We had no qualms with giving Jimmy the combination to our home. They were trustworthy and professional. Hats off to Affordable Heating and Air
Description of Work
Replace existing boiler, remove electric DHW tank, and a third heating zone for garage .
Scott K.
10/15/2018
Bryan and Jimmy were awesome to work with. We had central air installed in the house, as well as converting from oil heat to natural gas. They were always punctual and kept us informed well in advance of any changes in schedules. They very clearly take pride in their work, and it shows when you look at the finished product. The a/c vents are cleanly laid out in the attic, and the piping for the boiler is done so nicely that guests we've had over to visit have commented on it. The quotes you get are also what you will pay - even though we ran into some issues with the installations there was no change in cost. They also provide all of the paperwork required for the Mass Save rebates with each project. Bryan and Jimmy stand behind the work they do and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have any heating or cooling work done.
Description of Work
Central Air Installation, Natural Gas Heating Conversion

Thank You for using Affordable Heat & Air
Hongxing L.
09/25/2018
Quickly responded and solved my issue within half day.
Description of Work
replace the thermometer of my furnace

William P.
08/23/2018
We are extremely pleased with the installation of the new furnace. The work done was outstanding.
Description of Work
Replacement of a forced hot water furnace with a new energy efficient unit.
William P.
08/23/2018
All the people that I dealt with from Affordable Hear & Air were very professional and Knowledgable. The work done was high quality. They clearly explained all steps of the process of installing the new equipment and removal of the old equipment. The installer went above and beyond my expectations. For example, we have a second heating unit in our addition that pumps condensation to the outside of the house. In the winter this freezes. Affordable Hear & Air offered and implemented a solution at no additional cost. I high recommend Affordable Hear & Air. Two thumbs up!
Description of Work
Replace current forced hot water furnace with high efficiency unit
S R.
07/31/2018
The work was done in the time given.Brian and his team is very professional. Very clean work, the people who worked always cleaned before he left. I highly recommend him.
Description of Work
Replacement of furnace , installing water heater and central air conditioning
Theresa S.
07/29/2018
After receiving several quotes, we moved forward with Affordable Heat and Air to replace our furnace, air conditioning and duct work. We had an excellent experience with Bryan, Jimmy, and their team (electrical, sheet metal). Bryan was very informative on the Mass Save program and guided us through the entire process and even prepared the rebate forms for us. It was very hot the week of the install, so Bryan arranged for several portable air conditioners to be running so my newborn wouldn't get overheated. That was such an added touch that we were not expecting. Bryan's team left the utility room space in excellent condition, and their workmanship was amazing. I had questions about my thermostat after the install, so Bryan had a team member come by to make sure there wasn't an issue. My house has been very cool since the install last month! I highly recommend Affordable Heat & Air !
Description of Work
Furnace & AC install, duct work

CURT M.
07/23/2018
Affordable air returned my call right away. They came on site and quickly assessed what the problem was (despite it being a holiday week) and ordered the necessary part. They followed up with me to let me know the part had shipped and scheduled a time for installation. They showed up on time, completely the job quickly, tested everything thoroughly before leaving and left without any mess for me to clean up. I would definitely use them again and I would recommend them to a neighbor in need.
Description of Work
Central Air died 2 days before July 4th holiday

NextGen Aire

Founded by Matthew Girouard, NextGen Aire, LLC is an elite HVAC company that dramatically improves our customers comfort by providing top level education, integrity and honest solutions. We integrate the best technology with an industry leading service experience to provide tailored home comfort solutions to our customers. We have a team of experienced and certified technicians who are knowledgeable about the latest technologies and techniques in the industry. We are trained to diagnose and fix problems with HVAC systems quickly and efficiently, using the best tools and equipment available. We have strong customer service policies in place. This includes being punctual, respectful, and transparent with our clients. We offer flexible scheduling and emergency services to meet the needs of our customers. Our comfort team believes in a consultative sales experience that focuses on building a relationship with the customer and understanding your needs and challenges. It involves actively listening to the customer and asking questions to gather information, rather than simply trying to sell a product or service. We focus on helping the customer identify their goals and offer customized solutions that meet their specific needs. This may involve making recommendations, providing demos or product samples, or presenting options for the customer to consider. We also stand behind our work with industry leading guarantees.

Druziako HVAC Inc

*Now offering 1 year of free maintenance with any furnace or air conditioner installation /or/ free air duct cleaning with installation of a furnace* Our customers are our number one priority and for this reason, we use only the best quality equipment, such as Carrier, Rheem and Concord, plus we offer extended warranties for these various systems. We pledge to see that every customer is fully-satisfied and cared for, that is why we offer 24-hour service during the winter for heating systems.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Home Service Doctors, Inc.

We always put customers and their satisfaction first, which makes us one of the top HVAC companies in Boston metro area . We never compromise on the quality and swiftness of our services, ensuring that we provide every residential and commercial client with the best and premium experience of working with us.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

HEATING & AC CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN HIGH EFFICIENCY GAS BOILERS, FURNACES, AND A/C INSTALLATION AND REPAIR. ALSO QIV CERTIFIED THROUGH MASS COOL SMART, QULIFIED INSTALLER FOR MASS SAVE HEAT LOAN PROGRAM