Hometown Craftsman

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2011

4.3

80 N Washington St

North Attleboro, MA 02760

Virtually any repair, replacement, or remodeling project a homeowner requires. Commercial and residential work quoted and done within customers guidelines. Normally in the majority of small projects NO MONEY is ever collected until after the job is done. Price is given up front and unless unseen conditions are found, price never is increased. If other contractors are needed for a particular project only the most highly skilled and experienced are used. Labor guarantee is forever. Mailing address: PO Box 2395, Plainville, MA 02762....

01/23/2015

Carlotta A.

The work was good. He had to replace some wood as well. He was timely and the price was fair. He is extremely nice and is very polite. He is very conscious about his work. He did not leave stuff all over the place. He cleaned up everything when he was done. It took him about two days to complete work. I would refer him to a friend.

Description of Work
I called him because I had a leak under my sink.

08/11/2014

Korte Y.

We got an appt about 2 weeks out for the diagnostic. They were a little higher than others, but they had appts available in 2 weeks compared to over a month for other local companies. They showed up on time and were professional. The lead man knew his stuff and had been in the business a good number of years. Two minor problems- their prices were really high for the work we wound up needing done, so I opted to get other estimates, which did turn out to be lower by hundreds of dollars. One of the other companies' men also realized we could use one of our units in a different spot, instead of buying 3 zone vents (or whatever you call them) we only needed 2. One we had worked well, but didnt really fit where they had it, but it fit perfectly into one of the spots where the vents mechanism was broken. In fairness, one of other estimates missed this as well. These guys were pros and I liked them, but the price just seemed too high for me. I would probably call them again, but I would be sure to get multiple estimates, as one really should anyway.

Description of Work
Performed a diagnostic of our A/C and gave an estimate.

06/11/2014

Roberta R.

Recommended and used quality products. Very pleasant and punctual. Did excellent work.

Description of Work
Sanded & restained mahogany porch & steps. Recaulked tile floor & shower.

12/23/2013

Susan L.

They were extremely professional and did a very good job. I would contact this contractor again should I have a need for work t hat fits their scope.

Description of Work
Rich and his son built a new set of stairs with railings from my backyard patio area up to a 2nd floor deck. They also removed the old posts from the deck and installed new support posts. They removed and gutted a closet in a bedroom and installed plumbing, a counter with sink and above the wall cabinets basically turning the closet into a small kitchenette. They removed the old carpeting and installed wood laminate flooring. They also assembled and installed another counter with bottom cabinets.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, drain cleaning

08/14/2012

Florence J.

He did everything in 2 or 3 hours, and I will use him again. He was friendly, competent, and prompt. He was very easy to contact.

Description of Work
He fixed a few kitchen cabinets and shaved down doors that were previously stuck. He fixed a basement window and attached a latch on it.

08/23/2011

Christina E.

So far, so good. Rich came out and looked at the job. The plastic screws had pulled out of the siding. He went and got the screws and made the repair. Hopefully, they won't pull out again. that is why I checked NA on quality this soon. We'll see after a few wind storms. The job looks good though. I thought the job was fairly reasonably priced. I could have gotten the plastic screws myself so he wouldn't have had to be paid to go buy some. He had said he thought he had some the right color though. So I didn't.

Description of Work
I have had Rich come out for other work. So I called him again. Over the phone I explained that an exterior plastic window shutter had come loose from the building which is vinyl sided. The plastic screws had pulled out of the holes. He said he would be able to do the job in 3 days.

08/04/2011

Christina E.

Over the phone he made an appointment to come out to give me a quote. We agreed on what he would do and when he would come back to do it. He gave me a written quote. He said he would come at 9 am the next Friday. I waited until @11 and called him. He said he got caught up with some scrap materials he had in his truck and had to find a place to dispose of it. He couldn't get my materials because the truck was full. He asked to reschedule. He didn't give an explanation for why he didn't call to cancel though! I wouldn't have minded him cancelling-I know things happen. But it was rude and unprofessional for him not to call! However, I agreed to have him come the next week at 9 am. He called at @ 7:30 saying he would be there in 45 mins. I had to rush to be ready for him-take my dog out, etc. He got here about on time. He brought his adult son to help with the very tall ladder he had to bring. He had all the materials he needed and they got the work done in a reasonable amount of time. He took the scraps of wood and nails that were left from the job with him when he left. I am satisfied with quality of the work he did and the time he did in. I just wish I didn't waste all that time waiting for him to arrive the day he was originally supposed to do the work. He was a nice guy who seemed to know what he was doing. I would hire him again-I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully, he will call from now on if he thinks he will be late or has to cancel.

Description of Work
I hired him to do work for our small condominium complex. He did a free quote and then made an appointment. I asked him to replace some wood trim on the front of our building that was warping. I wanted him to replace it with vinyl covered board because the building is vinyl sided. This required removing a drain pipe that was attached. I requested that he caulk anything that needed caulking also. Finally, I requested that he to reattach another gutter drain pipe that had come loose from the building.

05/27/2011

Anthony D.

I think we described how it went overall as well as the work done and not done. This is my first time using Angies List, so we as a family did the best we could to describe how much we were dissapointed. Primarily in the work and inflated prices given by this company. So, if I had to say how it went overall, it did not go professionally or reasonably at all!! Thank you for the opportunity to share our experience with this company. I would not recommend Hometown Craftsman to anyone as long as I live.

Description of Work
Left work not completed due to greatly inflated estimates, after showing us how inexpensive he was on the first two projects. The owner of the company told us he would charge $350.00 and then charged $550.00 to remove rugs in our upstairs area. He also brought a young man we never met to do the rug removal work and left him alone in our house the whole day. The rugs on the stairs were also supposed to be remove but they were not. We were pleased with the work done by his new employee Eric, but he ended up doing all of the work he was instructed to do by Mr. Richard Edge, which was incomplete. We have other smaller jobs Rich said he was going to complete for us and that NEVER happened. I was told by Eric that he needed work due to a death in the family but, I do not think Rich will let him work for us anymore. We are very dissapointed as a whole by the way we ended our experience with Hometown Craftsmen, owner Richard Edge.

Category remodeling

Valter Rego Masonry

Valter Rego Masonry has been in business since 2000. We offer great quality work. We return our call as soon as possible. No job is too small. Complete landscape construction. Feel free to call with any questions, we will be happy to help you. Forms of payment; Cash or Check. November special! 10 % off labor on Basement stucco reinforcement and fireplace surround. Project must be booked in the month of November. Customers please mention coupon at the time of appointment.

RR Campos construction

Adelino Soares Construction

30 years experience in the construction industry, with many satisfied customers. I guarantee you will be pleased with my work. We return our calls as soon as possible. We accept cash and checks. Feel free to call for a free estimate, we will be glad to help you! Award winning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Carpentry Rough & Finished. Bath & Kitchen Remodeling, Painting, Window Installation, Doors & Sliders. Bulkhead Doors, Wainscotting, Decks, Drywall, Tile Work, Countertops, Crown Molding, Attic Stairs.

Carpeting, Rubbish Removal, Lawn Or Landscaping, Appliance Repair.