Affordable Chimney Sweeps

Founded 1997 • With Angi since September 2006

109 Davis St

North Andover, MA 01845

Established since 1997. We Offer Very Reasonable Prices on all of our services & my guarantee on the work we complete in your home. We are licensed, fully insured with worker's comp & property liability (we will provide certificates on your request). Our technicians are CSIA Certified. We are also current members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild & National Fire Protection Association, & the building trades association. We have a valid massachusetts home improvement contractors license # 153482. Upon services rendered payment is due in full by cash or bank check as we do not bill....

05/08/2020

Elaine S.

Very professional, workers were timely and gave us an honest estimate of the situation. Customer service was top notch. I will definitely refer others to Affordable.

Description of Work
Install chimney cap

Category chimney caps

05/04/2020

Elaina B.

It went very well and I was impressed. They were very professional, pleasant, informative, clean, prompt and "Affordable" I would recommend them to anyone who needs their chimney repaired.

Description of Work
I needed my chimney repaired

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

11/09/2019

Kathleen J.

This is the first time I used Affordable Chimney Sweep and I was so impressed. During a storm, my chimney cap fell off. The office staff was efficient and so easy to deal with when I called. The work was completed today (around my schedule!) and I could not be happier. The repair technicians were friendly and professional. They actually called their boss to see if they could charge me less than my original quote as the job was not as difficult as expected. What great customer service! Will definitely be calling them again in the future and will recommend to everyone I know. Thank you for a job well done!

Description of Work
Chimney cap put back on chimney

Category chimney caps

Thank you for your Business & Feedback. We are here when you need us!

05/02/2018

Stephen E.

Very professional. Did exactly what they said they were going to do for the price and time it would take. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned and wood fireplace insert installed.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your Business & Feedback, I am glad you w very satisfied!

01/08/2018

Lorraine D.

It went very well. They were very professional, worked hard and I was very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Removing damaged flues from inside the fireplace, one for the oil burner and one for the fireplace and replaced with new flues for each as well as placing a new cap on the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear yoiu were satisifed with the guys!

12/17/2017

Steven B.

Friendly, quick and informative. Will use on a yearly basis

Description of Work
Sweep and inspection

06/28/2017

Marcia C.

They were punctual and did a good job.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and adding a cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

Thank you for your review! Let us know if you need anything else!

01/03/2017

Phil D.

Excellent, showed up on time and team was clean and neat

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your review, We strive to be as neat and punctual as possible!

12/29/2016

Christopher W.

The Affordable Chimney Sweeps team was great, not only were they quick to respond and able to get something booked quickly but they showed up on time, were very clean, knowledgeable and got the job done completely.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep & Inspection

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business!

09/22/2016

Kevin O.

Very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Arrived on time, didn't try to over sell. Work scheduled and completed within a week of the initial call. I recommend.

Description of Work
Fireplace and chimney inspection and chimney cap installation.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, fireplaces

Thank you for the reccomendation!

09/01/2016

Robert K.

Excellent. The provider arrived as scheduled. The work was performed from the living room area, and when completed, there was no residual dust or soot. A written condition report was provided, and all of my questions were answered.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your review & business!

02/24/2015

Mary Ann M.

First of all, the workman arrived terribly late. It was already dark. He said he was running behind but not much more of an apology. He did a visual inspection of the fireplace , shone a light up the flue, and said everything looked okay. Because it was dark he was unable to do any inspection up on the roof or outside. He did go over the operation of the fireplace, opening and closing the flue, the venting and the fan. That was satisfactory. He told me that I could burn wood this season but said I should call when the season is over for a full inspection and cleaning, including an inspection of the chimney at the roof. I would call this no better than "average" service and really did not feel that I got $129.00 worth of inspection. Due to the tardiness and the incomplete inspection I will probably try another service next time.

Description of Work
Performed visual inspection of the fireplace and flue.

Category chimney sweep, roofing, chimney repair, fireplaces

12/31/2014

debra S.

I was so pleased with this company service.

Description of Work
Chimney Liner

11/04/2014

Charolotte R.

They repaired my chimney and built it up outside with a cover. They were very professional, they made no mess and they cleaned up after themselves. Everything looked professionally done.

Description of Work
I used Affordable Chimney Sweeps and they did a very good job.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

05/15/2014

Amy A.

Overall positive experience. I would hire Affordable Chimney again.

Description of Work
Cleaned flues, repaired flue and repointed chimney. Explained options well without pressure or typical sales pitch. Saved a lot of money using them opposed to other quotes I received and felt work was good quality.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

04/15/2014

Chris A.

Workers were on time and professional. Owner kept us apprised of status, explained the work being performed and the reason for it. Work was completed on time and at budget. Site was left clean when work was complete. Brick work was exceptional and maintained the aesthetic of the house and neighborhood. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Rebuilt exposed chimney, installed chimney cap, installed chimney liner, re-terminated furnace and water heater exhaust

Category chimney sweep

Pleasure working for you and your wife. Thank you for your business.

12/09/2013

Amanda C.

The overall process went very well. Services were done over two separate visits. All of the technicians were very professional and thoroughly went over with me the services they performed and why. They were also very clean; taking the time to prep and clean up afterwards. Not only did we get great workmanship but we got it all at a great price. I definitely will be using Affordable Chimney Sweeps again for future sweeps.

Description of Work
Two fireplaces/flues cleaned and inspected. Chimney repointed where mortar joints had deteriorated Application of SmokeTite in smoke chamber of chimney

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

Thank you for your business. It was a pleasure working for you on your home.

12/02/2013

Cheryle G.

Quick response. Quick appointment. On time. Did work efficiently and cleaned up very very well. Explained what other work needed to be done which matched home inspector's report on this new to us home. Made recommendations. 2nd quote was a little delayed but extremely responsive when I followed up. Didn't end up using them for the additional repair as it needed to be coordinated with other contracted work so we used the provider the other contractor recommended. Other chimney contractor made a point of saying that the cleaning done by Affordable Chimney was excellent. Prices were similar too, in fact overall Affordable was cheaper though we chose a different liner so final cost was less. I'm sure Affordable would have been a better price with different liner.

Description of Work
cleaned fireplace, fireplace chimney and utility chimney. Also inspection.

11/27/2013

Ken F.

It went well! Knowledgeable friendly professional service. Polite and prompt!!

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney

10/22/2013

David O.

We called several places and, as their name implies, they had the best rates. More importantly, they were responsive to emails, flexible on scheduling times, and called the day prior to confirm the appointment. They showed up during the 2nd half of the 2 hour window, but were professional, clean, and efficient. They also inspected our gas flue for no charge, which we assumed we'd get the sales pitch that it needed to be cleaned, but they were honest and gave us the all clear and finished up. Will most certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Swept wood burning fireplace chimney and inspected wood burning fireplace and gas flues.

Category chimney sweep

Member, thank you for your honest review. It was a pleasure doing business with you! Happy Holidays. ~Glenn

10/16/2013

Janet V.

The work appears to be done well and the new damper is functioning properly. If not for the unfortunate accident where fireplace soot was blown into my family room, a heated exchange of words with the owner and what appears to be water repellent on a portion of my roof, I would be giving a more favorable review. I think the entire soot incident could have been averted if a plastic tent had been setup surrounding the fireplace in my house!! If the room had been properly protected I would not have had to deal with a cloud of soot in my family room which made its way into the kitchen and made a mess! Had I not reacted quickly and covered the other doorways with sheets the soot would have made its way to the rest of the house. The owner initially offered to take $200 off the total bill so we could get the furniture cleaned. My husband spoke with the owner, a not very professional exchange ensued and we eventually agreed that we would contact a cleaning company. The cost to have the furniture cleaned was $311.25 (DuraClean did a great job) which we deducted from what we owed and then paid the balance.

Description of Work
oRemoved and replaced the top 3 tiers of chimney with new bricks. oInstalled energy-savings top sealing damper at top of exterior chimney and a bracket and handle inside the top side of the interior firebox to replace the original cast iron damper. oInstalled a stainless steel spark arrestor multi flue chimney cap. Applied industrial strength commercial grade chimney water repellent to porous exterior masonry of chimney.

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

Unfortunately, unforeseen mechanical failures can occur. Our company made every effort to resolve this issue with our customer. We requested that they file a claim with our insurance company. Upon their refusal we offered to pay the cleaning bill upon receipt. They refused. The customer wanted to deduct their cost for the cleaning from the amount owed for the services we provided. We agreed to their terms. Our company is based on the concept of excellent customer service. We strive to make every experience with our customers positive. We are happy that this customer is satisfied with our work and we do feel that we resolved their issues in a timely and professional manner.

10/10/2013

john K.

Work went smoothly during the 7 or 8 hrs that I was told it would take. Workmen arrived on time in the morning and got right to work. An explanation of the work to be done was given to me during the estimate visit and once again reviewed when they started the work.During the estimate actual pictures were taken of the chimney outside and inside the flue to show me what was wrong and what needed to be fixed. An unexpected problem that popped up was shown to me and quickly taken care of.Bottom line, all work was completed to my satisfaction. Would use this company again. Next years inspection has already been booked with Affordable Chimney Sweeps.

Description of Work
The provider completed all work that was specified in the contract. Installation of a new flue leading to furnace, new pipe from chimney to furnace, installation of clean-out access door on outside of chimney, Patching interior chimney wall, repointing of chimney, new crown for chimney, and installation of a new chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

member, thank you for your honest review. It was a pleasure doing business with you. We will see you next year for your pre-scheduled service. ~Glenn

07/23/2013

Ai L.

Our first impression with the company was good. We scheduled an inspection for an estimate; the appointment was postponed due to the technician becoming ill. However, we were notified promptly and a new appointment was scheduled and the technician showed up on time, did the inspection -- he only checked the chimney from the fireplace, didn't inspect the outside nor did he go up to the roof to look at the top of the chimney -- still, no complaints here as we really didn't know what an inspection should involve even though we thought it's more than just looking into the fireplace. The technician did clean up the floor nicely after he was done. We were told we would receive the estimate in mail within a week , along with some catalog for fireplace inserts as we were also looking to install one, however, two weeks later, we didn't receive anything in mail. We called the company and was told the owner was on vacation; the lady answered the phone promised to look up our information and mail us the estimate or she would call us if she couldn't find the information. Until today, another two weeks has passed, we still haven't received any calls or mails ---huh?????? Really??? Maybe the company is so prosperous that in their mind a job costing $3k plus is not worthy? that we were completely ignored ?

Description of Work
Inspecting chimney for an estimate

Category chimney sweep

Member, we’re sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience. I have personally looked into the matter on July 25 of which you have described in your review and I’m not sure why you have not received your estimate. We did in fact mail you the estimate on July 17, 2013. Is it possible that it had incorrect address information or that there was a human or machine error at any of the post offices that it went through? We have been unsuccessful with several attempts in trying to reach you with a follow up in regards to your FREE estimate and in regards to this review. I would like to explain several points so that you and others may appreciate that though we strive for perfection, no one is perfect. Our office is located in Peabody, MA, your home is in Amesbury, MA. As of January 1, 2013 we halted all service in the Newburyport advertising area temporarily due to the time and expenses related to servicing the area. Our office manager accidently accepted your call for an estimate. I explained to her that we would still keep the appointment as a courtesy to view your home in Amesbury since you had an appointment. That said, we paid approximately $75.00 in related expenses for fuel from Peabody to Amesbury and back to Peabody and approximately 2 hours of paid labor & time for the technician that came to your home to provide you with a FREE estimate. I would also like to explain that FREE estimates are NOT inspections of your chimney. I mention this because when you say that we didn’t inspect your chimney, please understand that we were not there for an inspection. You hadn’t hired us at all, much less for an inspection. An inspection would have incurred a cost to you of $119.00. This inspection would have also consisted of a 21 point checklist inspection report consisting of many areas of the chimney and would have included access to your roof with a ladder to view the chimney at top. Since we were asked to view the fireplace for an estimate for a liner, we looked only at the area in relation to the call. You stated that the technician said that we would send you the free estimate and a catalog for fireplace inserts within a week because the owner was away on vacation. However, you called the office & spoke to the office manager only several days after we were at your home looking for your estimate. The office manager then explained to you the same that the technician had told you on the day of the estimate, that the owner was away on vacation and upon returning to the office, that the owner would put together the estimate for you. Upon my return from vacation, on July 16 I started to put together the estimate for you and mailed it the next day. If you hadn’t received the estimate… would it have been too much to ask that you follow up with us one last time to see if we had mailed it or to make sure that there were no human errors? Had you contacted us, you would have found out that we did in fact send you the estimate and that if you hadn’t received it, we could have emailed it to you directly at that time from our office. As you can see from the reviews on Angie’s List, we really do make a strong effort to fulfill our customer’s expectations. We wish you had not written a pre-mature review without following up at least one more time to see what had been done and resolve the issue in a more reasonable and professional way. As for your last 2 lines in the review, No Comment.

06/09/2013

Jeffrey S.

Insurance was paying for these repairs, so there were a lot of questions and "back and forth" to deal with. The people at Affordable Chimney Sweeps were very easy to work with and helped answer all the questions of the insurance company. When performing the work, they were very prompt and professional. They also worked to minimize the dust / dirt in the house. I was very pleased with the outcome and will use them again!

Description of Work
Repairs after a chimney fire - replaced old cracked chimney liner with new liner and put on new chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep

Member, thank you for your honest review. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I hope you have a very warm holiday season with the new fireplace system! ~Glenn

04/21/2013

Nancy T.

The overall experience was painless. He showed up,on time. Knocked at the door, we exchanged a few pleasentries, he was respectful and curtious. I showed him where the chimney cleanout is and he went right to work. Some short time later he knocked on the door and we exchanged more pleasentries, I paid him and that was that. He did offer advise on how to maintain our chimney. I went downstairs to check on the place where he had been working. You never would have known he had been there. He did a fine job of cleaning up after himself.I do believe we will be calling them when the chimney needs attention again.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep accurately discribes what we had done. Though they used a shopvac to do some of the cleaning. They also used a broom of sorts.

Aspen Environmental

We provide disinfectant cleaning and sanitary fogging and are capable of disinfecting against human coronavirus (covid-19). We have the professional certifications and experience not only for remediating mold, but for taking the corrective measures to ensure it doesn't happen again. Fully certified and insured. CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE OR CONSULTATION TODAY AT: (617)-957-0045.

American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers by American Made Masonry LLC on Angi
    Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC

We are a fully functional construction company who can fulfill all of your home improvement needs. We can tackle any task from large to small inside or outside your home. With over 10 years of making customers happy, you can have full confident in knowing that we will handle your job with the up most care.

Offers by Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Chimney Rebuilding, Relining & Re-pointing, Chimney Sweeping, Fireplace Damper Repair & Replacement, Flashing Repairs & Replacement. Home & Chimney Masonry Waterproofing. Stainless Steel Chimney Liners, Caps & Chase Covers. Wood Stove, Pellet & Fireplace Insert Cleanings, Sales & Installations. Emergency Service Calls for Plugged Flues, Water, & CO2 Problems.

We Do Not Accept Credit Card Payments.