Crimson Upholstering

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2001

175 North St

Newtonville, MA 02460

19 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBAs - The Fabric Showroom, Belmont Interiors Design Center. Additional contact name - Carmen D'Aurora. Additional email - support@fabric-showroom.com.

03/07/2018

Ian T.

The loveseat looks and feels better than anticipated. Included in price was refinishing wood, regluing, retying springs etc. Comprehensive restoration. Great workmanship. High standards. Great to deal with. Clear communication. As far as fabric goes, you can choose from their somewhat limited selection, or go elsewhere to purchase your fabric and bring to them. No problems either way. Will go to them for future reupholstery jobs. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Recovering antique loveseat

10/21/2017

William O.

I couldn't be more pleased. Lucy was wonderful to work with: professional, attentive, warm, knowledgeable. The furniture looks absolutely beautiful and it was delivered exactly on the date they'd promised. Their pricing was competitive, too. Even their delivery guys are incredibly nice. It was excellent from start to finish.

Description of Work
They re-upholstered an antique wing chair as well as the seat of a modern Scandinavian rocking chair, and they also made four custom pillows for us.

08/25/2017

Amelia T.

We have had such good experiences with Crimson. Lucy is thoughtful and responsive, and the work turned out really nicely. Our couch cushions are in a high-volume area, so we needed them to be done in a short amount of time, and Lucy was so accommodating--she made sure there would be a time when she could get the cushions back to us in a week. We are so appreciative.

Description of Work
Reupholstering of couch cushions and recliner footrests for a day program

12/14/2016

ELIZABETH K T.

They are great. It was expensive material. The quality is wonderful. Very good. They have their own shop so you can see the work in progress and talk to the people doing the work.

Description of Work
It was a winged chair.

12/11/2015

Mary R.

They were great. I would use them again. They offered to deliver the chairs after finishing them.

Description of Work
They re-upholstered two chairs for me. They also refinished the wood.

02/27/2015

Coleman Y.

It was a positive experience. They were very up-front about the costs, and honest about the expected turnaround times. We were very pleased with the results of the work that they did.

Description of Work
Reuphostered dining room chairs

06/06/2014

MORTON S.

This is a business that takes its work seriously and always strives to satisfy! Everyone there is lovely to work with, especially Lucy & John. They did an excellent job. And when they had to re-do the stiffness of the cushions because of A MISTAKE I MADE, they did not add to the charges. That's unusual these days!

Description of Work
Recovered my old sofa in faux leather.

Category upholstery

Hi [member name removed] - Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you're happy with the sofa. . .call or email me if you need anything in the future!

04/15/2014

Mark H.

Excellent. Lucia was friendly and helpful, even suggesting ways of saving bucks. Work was excellent and was ready within a week. Cost was reasonable and fair. We'd go back in a flash.

Description of Work
Re-upholstered four sofa cushions using material that we provided

Category upholstery

Hi. . .Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad you're happy with the new cushions. Enjoy them in good health! Take Care - Lucia

03/17/2014

Andrew H.

Lucia was our main point of contact. She was great; very responsive, and gave us a very competitive qoute by email. I dropped off the previous cushions with our fabric and picked them up exactly when she estimated they would be ready. We had been given quotes for 3X the price by other companies. I am very happy with my new cushions!

Description of Work
Mid-century modern chair cusions upholstry

Category upholstery

Hi [member name removed] - Thank you so much for the great review! Very happy to hear you're pleased with the work. . .call or email us in the future if you need anything else! Take Care - Lucia

02/07/2014

natalie S.

They were great and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
I had 4 chairs and 1 ottoman recovered or had slip covers.

12/09/2013

Linda J.

Joined Angie's List specifically to find an upholsterer to re-hab the cushions for our 15 year old sofa and was pleased to find a highly rated provider in a nearby town. Dropped in and was warmly welcomed by friendly staff (even though I went in the wrong entrance and ended up in the workshop). Work was done in a few days as promised. After seeing the cushions on our sofa and using them for a few days, I realized they were too firm. I went back to Crimson and they cheerfully and quickly fixed them with no additional charge. Carmen, Lucy, and John are great. Sofa looks like new and I'm very happy.

Description of Work
Replaced foam and batting in 6 sofa cushions.

10/04/2013

Dane W.

Carmen is a great businessman - he is a pleasure to deal with and goes out of his way in regards to customer service. I find this combination rare these days and will absolutely be recommending Crimson Upholstering as well as bring them more work from our house. There was a mix-up with the fabric and the re-upholstery on our seats. Not only did Carmen personally come back immediately to assess the situation, he handled pick up and repair of the mix up in a very professional manner. The chairs are like new and, besides looking great, they are very comfortable to sit in.

Description of Work
We have a ~60 year old dining room set that had the original upholstery - the fabric was shot and the padding was shot probably 20 years ago! Crimson refurbished (polished and tightened all the woodwork) the chairs and re-upholstered the seats using fabric that we brought to them

Category furniture repair, upholstery

Thank you so much for the great review! Enjoy the chairs in good health!

08/19/2013

judith D.

I sent in two antique chairs that needed to be upholstered to Crimson Upholstering. They needed wood work, however they were in ok shape. I sent the chairs off to them I didn't hear back for about two months. I called in they had forgotten about the chairs and haven't even started them. The chairs were also broken when they found them in the warehouse where they had started. Now I need to repair the chairs and this will be an extra expense. They went on to say the chairs arrived broken and did not take any responsibility for the chairs condition.

Description of Work
two chairs upholstered

Category upholstery

Hi [member name removed] - I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the way your order has been progressing. I say that only because we haven't been able to reupholster the chairs since they are still at your refinisher several months after we delivered them to his workroom (I would like to mention that this is a refinisher of your choosing - we do have a refinisher that we recommend but you preferred to use this company for your pieces). We did accommodate your need to have the chairs picked up and transported to the refinisher of your choice as a service since you mentioned you were unable to transport them yourself but that is the extent of the service I have been able to provide to this point. I have photos of the conditions of the chairs when they arrived here at our workroom and the photos that your refinisher provided of the pieces at his workroom to verify the existing damage prior to our stripping of the upholstering. I would like to mention that the phone call two months after the chairs were sent to your refinisher claiming the chairs were damaged was unsettling but after our initial phone call regarding the situation I did not receive a reply to my phone calls or emails to clarify / remedy the situation. The chairs were stripped of their upholstery for your refinisher to make the necessary repairs to the frames (as you mentioned in your original inquiry that they were in need of - I can provide the photos as proof of the original damage prior to the chairs coming to my workroom) and for him to do whatever work you and he discussed. If you would like to discuss the order further please call or email me to rectify the situation. This is the first I'm hearing from you since I and the upholstery shop foreman called you to discuss the matter in early July and had no reply to my calls or email. Take Care - Lucy

07/11/2013

john W.

Easy to deal with , prompt, excellent work, reasonable price

Description of Work
replaced foam in cushions

07/08/2013

Elizabeth D.

Quality of work is exceptional.

Description of Work
Reupholster chair.

05/07/2013

ERIC P.

Some years ago, I bought a living room set from a big furniture company. After 5 years, the leather completely flaked off the couch cushions. The furniture store and the original manufacturer both refused to help. The nice folks at Crimson matched my leather nearly perfectly

Description of Work
Reupholstered leather couch cushions.

Category upholstery

Thanks for the great review Eric. . .It was our pleasure to be of service!

11/01/2012

Connie B.

Overall I had a very positive experience, I called on Friday and was able to bring the cushions in on Monday. They were completed on Wednesday. The cushions our great, our couch looks brand new and I am confident they will last a long time.

Description of Work
I had couch cushions restuffed with high density foam. There were 6 cushions, 3 seats and 3 backs.

Category upholstery

Thank you so much for the great review [member name removed]- Enjoy the cushions in good health!

08/10/2012

JOAN S.

I was very pleased with them. They were very professional. They worked completely with me and to my satisfaction. Their work was very good.

Description of Work
I used Crimson Upholstering for re-upholstering a chair.

10/31/2011

Margie P.

Did an excellent job. The 8 dining room chair seats were somewhat of a rush job and they finished ahead of time. Would highly recommend them for any job and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Reupholstered two chairs and footstool, 8 dining room chair seats, 4 accent cushions.

10/17/2011

Roger M.

Chairs were done on time, and looked great. They were a bit soft, but Lucy had warned us that we may need to try them out to determine level of support, they made them perfect to our tastes a day later. Quite happy with the result. Liked it so much we just dropped off our bar stools for reupholstering. Update: Bar stools came back perfectly done and now match our new decor. Nice value for the cost - less than 1/2 the cost than buying new stools would have been, and we get the look and feel of having them new to us.

Description of Work
Had two swivel lounge chairs we loved, but needed to get them reupholstered to fit new decorating scheme. Lucy was great to work with, we could either buy fabric through Crimson or purchase our own online. Chairs were fairly complex and needed some minor repairs to make them new again. We dropped off the chairs ourselves, but had them delivered back to us. Update to last report: had 4 bar stools recovered with microfiber. We brought several fabric books home with us to pick the right fabric. Required them to use the original backing as a template, as it was both detailed and very visible if there were flaws.

09/27/2010

JOE S.

Their price was reasonable, but not the lowest by any means. We had to send both pieces back. They fixed them and it’s been perfect ever since. They came to our house, saw that they had goofed and fixed them with no argument.

Description of Work
We had a recliner and a couch reupholstered.

07/23/2010

Mary C.

I went to the shop to get advice about whether reupholstering vs. slip covers vs. new sofa was the best option. They dropped everything to work with me and help me decide. I opted for re-upholstering. They did a beautiful job, with fine details. I did follow-up with a phone call or 2 to make sure time frame was on track. It was a little bit later than targeted, but reasonably so. I had the feeling if I had a hard deadline they would have accommodated me. Everyone very knowledgeable and nice to work with.

Description of Work
reupholstered a love seat

07/02/2010

Ed L.

They were very nice people and very accommodating. They came to the house and took the measurements. Everything was fine.

Description of Work
They reupholstered 5 chairs and made pillows for our couch and window seat cushion for the window.

06/22/2010

CHRIS R.

It was fine. They are good. We like them. We'd use them again.

Description of Work
Reupholstered two chairs

02/01/2010

GAIL H.

It went very well. I spoke with Lucia and said I had a short time line. She said no problem and picked the chair up that week. I had it back within about 2 weeks and it looks lovely.

Description of Work
Re-upholstered a wing-back chair.