Able Roofing

Founded 1921 • With Angi since December 2010

4.4

399 Homer Street

Newton, MA 02459

Able Roofing is a professional roofing and siding contractor in Canton, MA, Contact Phone: (617) 327-7000, Fax: (781) 828-9809; Email: jaybullens@gmail.com Established in 1921; family owned, serving the greater Boston area for four generations; free estimates...

05/11/2018

David X.

Price is fair. Excellent work. collect all trash after work done. clean gutter and reinstall even did me a few favors for my housework.

Description of Work
Remove existing roof and install new roof

02/15/2016

Olutoyin F.

We hired Able roofing 3 years ago to do our roof after problems with ice damns. We reviewed the roof, especially the problem areas. We had set a date when I would be home to have the roof done. The day before, I come back from work and they had already done the roof, so I had no idea if the problem areas were dealt with properly. Strike one. Fast forward 2 years to 2015, the worst winter in Boston. We developed ice damns and even worse water damage in the same areas we had before. We called Jay who gave us a quote and an estimate time to come look at the roof and remove the snow. He never showed up and he never called. Strike two. After the estimated time had come and gone, we called Jay back. He apologized and took 50% off the quote and gave us a new estimated time to finish the work. He never showed up, and never called. Strike three. Out of curiosity we called Jay again. This time he said he felt so bad and that he would clear the roof for free. Unsurprisingly he never showed up and never called. Is it so hard to just be honest?

Description of Work
Roof replacement. Snow removal (never done)

Category roofing,roof snow removal,roof cleaning

12/04/2015

Joy M.

Was on time for appt. to inspect and quote repairs. Completed the work one day ahead of schedule. Showed us the repairs, advised us of some issues with rake boards. Was very professional, competent, easy to work with. Would happily recommend them to anyone needing roofing work.

Description of Work
Repaired shingles on roof peak at end of vent. Replaced boot on roof vent.

06/27/2015

Steve F.

Our experience with Able was exceptional. The owner, Jay, came to provide suggestions and gave us an estimate to complete the work. We have a fairly large home with a few prior problem areas. He was very helpful and reassuring in his approach to the problems which required some creative solutions. He was able to fit us in quickly,despite how busy his company is. The crew that came to the house was great. Very careful to protect the house and bushes and decking as they removed the old roof and they were all very pleasant to deal will and worked really hard with few breaks. The initial thought was that it might take 3 days to complete and they were able to get it done in only 2. They also cleaned up really well after they were done.

Description of Work
Stripped off old roof and installed new roof

02/22/2015

Geetha C.

would never call them again for anything

Description of Work
They strung us along for two days promising to come out by the end of the day to take care of our ice dams and never showed up or called - highly unprofessional and would not ever call them again - wasted two days that I could have been calling someone else and ended up having further water damage

02/20/2015

Regina Q.

I called and talked to Jay 2/17 he said he would squeeze us in on 2/18 as we had leaks and it was an emergency situation to get ice dams removed. 2/18 we called to confirm and Jay said he would be at our house. He never came we called back at eod and he said he would be there on 2/19 - I called in the morning to confirm and left a message with all my details again. I took the day from work to make sure I was home. They never showed up or called. I called around 3:30 and Jay answered and acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. I understand being overwhelmed its a horrible winter in MA. However, do not over commit. Peoples houses are at stake and I did and do have water damage to contend with. Jay strung us along for two days and luckily I was able to find someone else to come after about 25 calls to different companies.

Description of Work
was asked to remove ice dams

02/18/2015

Ned E.

Provider seemed pleasant, unfortunately we learned the hard way that he has a very hard time setting realistic expectations. I am an executive and worked for home two days for mis-set appointments where he gave me time windows said he would call prior to arrival and then never called or showed. Sadly, we were desperate with water leaks and finally had service just ahead of third blizzard. The crew of two arrived alone and were very polite but lacked the tools to really remove ice dams and snow on our roof. We have a slate roof an copper gutters and were very nervous,about the axe and plain shovel they used. All said and done, we still have water issues and provider has not retuned subsequent communications. We paid nearly 1k for 2 hours work thta did not solve our concern. This guy is just a mess and clearly can't stay organized with all the demand, although the I did see he jacked his prices up for us vs others. Don't hire him.

Description of Work
Ice dam removal

02/15/2015

Andrew R.

We had extensive ice dams on our roof that lead to a leak. We called Jay in a panic. He picked up right away and came over within 15 minutes to help. It was SO WONDERFUL to have such a quick response in an emergency situation. He removed all our dams, not just the one that lead to the leak, The water stopped dripping inside as soon as he got the ice off the roof. We could not have asked for better service and didn't expect to find someone who was so willing to come help right away, especially during this incredibly busy snow season when everyone is having these kinds of problems. We feel lucky to have found Jay and Able Roofing! We moved into our house in July so this is our first winter here and are getting to know how everything works, what needs updating, etc. We knew we needed insulation but were hoping to wait until spring to do it and had no idea how bad the ice dams would be. Jay not only solved our immediate problem, but also offered advice about what to do in the short term to help prevent them from re-forming. He also made suggestions about longterm updates we could do to more permanently fix the problem. We will definitely be in touch with Jay in the spring to help make next winter leak free!

Description of Work
Removed lots of ice dams

02/13/2015

Phyllis D.

I called with an emergency situation Tuesday morning, and luckily was able to get through to the owner at one of the busiest times ever for roofers. I had ice dams causing water leaks inside my home in multiple locations, on walls, ceilings, draining into light fixtures, etc. The owner told me their trucks were all out but they would get to me at the end of the day. They did show up at 8PM, at the very end of their work day, and did the work. Not only that, they were still professional, energetic, upbeat, seemed to be happy to be helpful although they must have been exhausted at that point. An absolute pleasure to deal with. The problem areas were not easily accessible due to the deep snow surrounding three sides of the house, but they didn't hesitate to climb up and over the step areas to get to the problems.

Description of Work
Broke through ice dams in two areas of roof.

02/12/2015

Lisa R.

They didn't even bother to come. A very unprofessional company. And rude, too.

Description of Work
I spoke with the owner at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. He assured me that his company would come to my house that day to correct a severe and dangerous ice dam problem. When they didn't come by that evening I called again and repeated all of my information and was guaranteed that they would come first thing Wednesday morning. Although it is now Thursday evening and I have spoken to the owner several times they still have not yet come. Each time the owner guarantees me they are coming. I appreciate the fact that we are in the midst of record snowfalls and that the companies are all overbooked. But I turned down 4 other companies that said they would come because I felt that I had an agreement with Able Roofing. They are completely unprofessional. The owner even hung up on me once. Avoid this company at all costs.

OLD TYME CHIMNEY SWEEP

We are a family owned and operated business serving Dennis, Buzzards Bay and greater Cape Cod, Massachusetts, which allows us to charge our clients the fairest and lowest prices, comparative to other companies. You’ll find we will call you back when other companies won’t! Since 1986, we’ve offered a wide variety of chimney services to our satisfied clients. Our employees are all friendly professionals who are trained in the chimney business and we’re happy to address your questions and concerns. We take our time to make sure that each problem is fixed completely and correctly, ensuring proper functioning of your chimney. Quality chimney maintenance and repair can keep your chimney clean and clear, allowing you to sit back and relax around the fire without worry. Old Tyme Chimney Sweep is the premier business for all of your chimney needs. We are located in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, and are proud to provide our clients with dependable and affordable services to update, fix and maintain their chimneys. Our services range from installation and maintenance to chimney caps, chimney water sealing, chimney lining and chimney relining. We have the best equipment in the business to handle any kind of job, and no job is too big or too small. Call us today to schedule your appointment - (508) 759-0930 or visit our website at www.oldtymechimneysweep.com

MasterBuild Masonry & Construction

We have the know-how to tackle everything from the smallest of repairs to large-scale projects. No matter the size of the job. We always work hard to ensure our clients are completely satisfied with our work.

Bostonian Painters LLC

Bostonian Painters concentrates on interior exterior carpentry, painting, and staining for both commercial and residential properties insulation and repairs to siding and deck remodels. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service!

Roofing. Siding