We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

C&J Home Services

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2013

42 Boylston Rd

Newton Highlands, MA 02461

We are a small family-owned and operated business that understands all the needs of our customers. For many years, we have been pleased to provide Maintenance, Repair and Remodeling Services to homes in Boston and it's neighboring communities. These jobs have been completed with premium care in order to preserve the appearance and value of your property; all of this while providing the best price for the job....

04/22/2022

Tristan W.

they gave great estimate. they did it quick and it looks good

Description of Work
lawn care

Category landscaping

06/24/2019

Ming Y.

I hired C&J home services to clean the roof. My roof was covered with heavy moss and they did excellent job to clean it. Pictures were taken before and after cleaning. Good job! Matthew

Description of Work
Roof cleaning

11/28/2018

Janet S.

I initially contacted C&J Home Services for gutter cleaning, but when Jose and his team were here, we discussed other problems/issues I was having around the house. Jose is very good at diagnosing the source of problems and offering cost-efficient ways to solve them. He took care of several of my problems at the same appointment even though he had just heard about them. A gutter on the 2nd story of my house had one downspout that drained into a smaller gutter on the annex below it, causing it to overflow badly during heavy rainfalls or melting snow. The solution was to add another side downspout from the top gutter to siphon off some of the water. Jose went immediately to the local Home Depot and came back and installed a new downspout. I've had no overflow since. On another part of the house, he re-attached a piece of siding that had come off and then figured out a way to seal the leaks from my kitchen fan vent. In addition, he identified the sources of a window leak and an attic draft to be resolved at a later date. (Other contractors I'd spoken with had not figured it out). He noticed some rips on the annex roof, took photos to show me, and sent a proposal to fix it. BTW, the gutter cleaning was perfect. Jose is a pleasure to work with. He's punctual, responsive, goes above and beyond, and he's good at what he does. I will definitely contact him to do additional work for me.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning, adding a new downspout, siding repair, kitchen vent sealing

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service

09/24/2018

Christina S.

Jose and his team were extremely responsive to my leaking roof. They evaluated the inside and outside of the house and quickly provided reasonable estimates. The job was completed within a few days, and updates were provided throughout the entire process. Jose answered all of our questions and returned to our property after the roof was completed to make sure everything was clean and in order. His team worked quickly, and were professional and courteous. Thanks to Jose and his team, we do not have anymore water damage in our house and we have a sturdy and durable new roof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

01/09/2018

Amy B.

They are responsive, kind and thoughtful. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
They were not able to provide service for me but they were so kind and helpful and responsive.

Category lawn service

12/27/2017

Norm A M.

It's tough finding a contractor who is professional, does the work exactly as contracted, is prompt and understands what good customer service is. C&J Home Services does all that and more. I've never had a problem with miscommunication or with the billing. They are very organized and I really can't say enough good things about them. Because the services provided are at a rental property and I'm not on site, Jose sends photos of the work when complete. I don't need to go to the property to confirm the work is completed. Their snow removal costs range from $75 0-3 inches to $225 9-12 inches up to 4 visits per 12 hr storm. Spring and fall clean up costs vary depending on what's needed $400-$500. All work nicely done.

Description of Work
As property manager, I've contracted with C&J for snow removal, landscaping and cleaning services at a 4 family rental property in Waltham. Winter 2016-2017 C&J provided snow removal services (walkways, sidewalks, steps, stairway, and patio) Fall 2016 - Landscaping & Fall clean up Spring 2017 - Landscaping & Spring clean up Spring 2016 - Tenant move out cleaning Winter 2017-2018 - snow removal services

Category gutter cleaning, house cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, snow removal

11/29/2017

The way I always expect from Jose...extremely satisfied

Description of Work
Snow removal...Did early first pass of walk and driveway and came back early morning and did great job removing remaining snow down to the pavement. Irrespective of coming twice charged only for snow removal amount agreed to.

Category house cleaning, roof snow removal

Thank you very much for such a great review!! We work hard to provided the best service possible, so I am happy see that reflected on your loyalty to us. We love to make your life easier. Carlos A. Customer Service C&J Home Services

08/10/2017

Christina S.

Jose and his team did another great job plowing and shoveling this past winter. They were extremely responsive and came several times during large storms. They put down ice melt and salt/sand on the driveway and walkways. We also wanted new storm doors installed this spring. Jose came out, measured, bought new doors, and installed them within a few days. As always, a great job! Thank you!

Description of Work
Winter snow removal; installation of storm doors.

Category landscaping, snow removal, doors

06/02/2017

Albert L.

Awesome. Jose was very punctual and very professional. He went above and beyond. He even helped me remove some paint stains on the floor that were decades old... without me even asking! Would definitely hire him again, or refer him to a friend.

Description of Work
Painting of walls inside stairwell

Category interior painters

11/08/2016

Jerrold S.

Excellent...but given that Jose has done work for us before never expecting anything less

Description of Work
Kitchen and pantry painting

Category house cleaning, interior painters

10/24/2016

Jerrold S.

Great job...did more than negotiated at very reasonable cost

Description of Work
Painting of exterior house shingles

Category custom cabinets, house painters

07/01/2016

Oscar V.

Landscape, water irrigation, windows installing, bathroom vent repair, wall repair, painting interior/exterior, closet

Description of Work
Jose is an excellent handyman/landscaper He has been taking care of my house this summer. Many different jobs with pricing accordingly

Category handyman service, landscaping

07/01/2016

Oscar V.

They take care of all house/basement and go above and beyond of any extras, for same price. I strongly recommend

Description of Work
I found C&J here, and based on reviews I have used them for many things. Claudia and Jose is an excellent team. Claudia cleans from top to bottom my 1600SqFt house, she brings 2-3 girls and quick and efficient.

Category house cleaning

At C&J Home Services we are glad you were satisfied with the service. We aim at having excellent customer service and your review is very helpful. We hope to do business with you soon.

06/15/2016

Christine W.

Job looks great. They placed mulch in areas that we hadn't even asked for in order to give a thorough finished look to our yard. Jose was responsive and personable. He wanted to be sure we were pleased with his work. We were! He then offered to mow our lawn because my husband had hurt his leg recently and he took pity on him! We will use them again soon

Description of Work
Edged gardens and put down mulch.

Category lawn service

C&J Home Services want to thank you for the great review you have given us. We appreciate the time you took to do this and value your satisfaction. We look forward to working with you again Jose Polanco Owner

04/09/2016

Barbara D.

Jose and his team came twice for during each of the storms (not many) that we experienced during the winter season now ending. Our contract with C&J ended on the 31st of March - however, when snow fell on the 4th of April, Jose and his team came to plow it away. As with earlier storms, he came twice - cleaning up after snowfall had stopped. C&J could not be more reliable, and we will surely have him for snow removal next winter - and for some home services when spring finally comes to Newton.

Description of Work
We contracted with C&J for snow removal for the 2015-2016 winter season

Category house cleaning, snow removal

C&J Home Services thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. Excellent customer service is what we aim for at C&J and the best way is from your reviews. We hope to do business with you again soon.

03/14/2016

Barry G.

They did an excellent job. Jose was a responsive, professional, and reliable. We would definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Snow plowing of driveway and shoveling of steps and sidewalk for several storms.

Category snow removal

03/08/2016

Christina S.

Jose and his team were very helpful and responsive this year when it came to snow removal. After my initial contact with C&J, Jose came out to the house to survey the property and talk with me about the different snow removal options for the winter. He explained everything in detail and answered all questions before we signed a contract. Although there was not as much snow this winter as last, Jose and his team were very attentive to our needs when there was a storm. They often came more than once per storm to shovel and put down salt/sand. Our driveway, walkways/stairs, and decks were always cleared in a timely fashion. If a storm happened over night, the team would come in the early morning (between 4 and 6) to shovel/plow so that we could get out for work. Overall, Jose and his team did a great job this winter and we will surely use them again next winter.

Description of Work
Plowed and shoveled our driveway, walkways, stairs, and decks this winter.

Category house cleaning, snow removal

02/16/2016

larisa Y.

We are very happy and relieved that we have such a reliable company to help with the snow. We were impressed with their promptness, professionalism and attention to detail.

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category roof snow removal, snow removal

11/15/2015

Virginia C.

It was a spectacular job of painting. We have always found the staff of C & J Home Services to be polite, highly responsible, efficient and talented. We had leaks from our window in the living room so that the paint had buckled. They patched the clapboards on the outside of the living room windows so that there would be no more leaks. Also, as the living room had not been painted in 7 years there were cracks from the house settling that needed to be plastered. They carefully moved furniture from the room and covered with plastic the heavy pieces. After patching cracks, they panted the ceiling, the walls and the trim over a period of 3 days. It was a very professional job. Then they sanded the banister and newel post. As the risers of the stairs were scuffed and pitted, they patched the dints and painted the risers. After that they stained the banister and newel post.

Description of Work
They plastered and painted the ceiling and walls of a large living room. Also, sealed leaks on outside of house, patched & painted stairway and sanded and stained banister.

Category handyman service, house cleaning, interior painters

On behalf of everyone at C&J Home Services, we would like to thank you for being a customer. We value the trust you have put in our services and would like to thank you for that. It’s always a pleasure serving you and we certainly look forward to doing that in the future. Your feedback is very important as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services. Thank you very much. Sincerity, Jose Polanco

09/27/2015

Barbara D.

For me - showing up on time is huge. C&J Never left us waiting!

Description of Work
Over the course of last winter the C&J kept our driveway clear of snow. They always came on time - and always did an excellent job. Following snow removal we had C&J do perform some more general handyman services - again, they came when they said they would and completed the job. Will have them work for us again this winter - and also plan to have them do some work in our attic.

Category handyman service, roof snow removal, snow removal

09/24/2015

julie V.

Please see above Everything went perfectly!

Description of Work
I have used C&J home services for interior painting, house cleaning and snow clearance from my roof. The interior painting was meticulous, they were efficient and reliable. They were respectful of my home and cleaned up after everything. I will use them again for further painting And carpentry. We had our roof cleared of 4 feet of snow last winter by C&J home services as well and they were timely And also made sure all walkways, entrances to home and driveway were clear from the massive amounts Of snow removed. I felt very safe with them working on roof. The house cleaning is very thorough, well done with attention to details.

Category handyman service, house cleaning, roof snow removal, interior painters

05/01/2015

Peter L.

Jose and Claudia of C&J were very professional, responsive and polite. Job site was clean when it was completed. Even though job took longer than anticipated (due to no fault of C&J), they kept us abreast of the task, and estimated time to complete.

Description of Work
- Removed wet insulation, wall, ceiling in garage; - Replaced insulation, ceiling, wall in garage; - Painting of garage; - Shelves created in garage; - Lockers/organization space created inside home wall; - Painting of lockers/organization space;

Category custom cabinets, insulation, remodeling, home & garage organization, interior painters

02/19/2015

Virginia C.

Jose went far above our expectations. When he came to give us an estimate for the job, he was on his way home for dinner. However, he became so concerned about our roof that he spent an hour and half clearing off part of the roof. The next morning he showed up with his four crew members and did an excellent job of removing every bit of the rest of the snow, which was a huge job. What Jose charged us was very fair. We definitely will call C & J Home Services when we need other home repair or maintenance jobs, such as painting, window cleaning, etc.

Description of Work
Jose and his crew cleaned over 7 feet of snow off our rubber flat roof.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning, roof cleaning

02/16/2015

Lynne May L.

We just had a succession of snowstorms and there were over 3 feet of snow on the ground. I have a couple of leaking that was happening in my dining room area because of excessive snow and ice dams on the roof. There was also some damage I was beginning to notice on the ceiling of one of the bedrooms in the top floor. There was another snowstorm in the forecast. Jose was extremely busy with snow and ice removal work on the roof. Still, he scheduled us in, so that by the time the latest snowstorm came, our roof was cleared of most of the snow and much of the ice that had accumulated on our roof. He was detailed in his explanation of what he could and would not do (he did not want to damage our gutter or roof). He also made suggestions of how we can reduce likelihood of ice dams in the future. He worked with his crew to do a thorough job on our entire roof. After a couple of days, he checked in with me about the leaking - wanted to know it they have stopped. He was thorough, very pleasant and professional. We paid for a really great service!

Description of Work
Removed snow and ice from roof

Category house cleaning, roof snow removal, snow removal

It has been a pleasure serving you. C&J Home Services takes pride in giving priority to their customers and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and meet their requirements. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do inform us. We also appreciate your feedback; it’s what keeps us improving. Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you as one of our valued customers for many years to come. Sincerely, Jose Polanco

08/13/2014

Lynne May L.

Jose arrived promptly on all the dates and times he said he would show up. He worked diligently and consulted me every step of the way. He is a problem solver. He helped me keep my costs down by offering practical solutions. Instead of replacing the old screen door, he recommended fixing it, which he did really nicely. When he rebuilt the closet space, he reinforced the plaster wall to ensure that the shelving and hanging bar will hold. He made sure the reinforcement will look seamless and nice. My tenants liked what he did. He applied chemical to remove the algae on my roof one part at a time and completed the work over a week as he said he would. He power-washed our exterior wall to remove moss that grew on it and repainted the garage door. He and his partner, Claudia, and their crew cleaned our windows inside and out, all 25 of them. They did a good job!

Description of Work
Jose and his crew is an all-around provider. He repaired and refinished an old screen door that looks like new now. He also rebuilt a closet space to make it more functional. He carefully removed moss/algae from my roof and exterior walls and garage door. He repainted my garage door and took care of an old screen door. They cleaned my windows in and out. I also use C & J for housecleaning.

Category contractors, closet systems, handyman service, house cleaning, screen repair, window cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors, roof cleaning