Hartney Greymont

Founded 1938 • With Angi since July 2001

433 Chestnut St

Needham, MA 02492

Call today for a free consultation. Our team of certified arborists provides expert tree and lawn services, trimming, removals, insect and disease prevention and more. All Hartney Greymont specialists are licensed, bonded and insured and committed to personalized client service and accomplishing your property goals. Contact us today to get started!...

11/27/2019

James H.

Was never contacted to be given a quote.

Description of Work
Remove about a 70’ Silver Maple and grind the stump.

05/31/2019

Kuan Z.

I requested the quote on Angielist. I got feedback on the website that someone would contact me to work on it. But I did not receive any response their local office after two days.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming service

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Hi, Kuan - We appreciate the feedback!

03/28/2019

Steven C.

I've rated Hartney Greymont an overall C because the estimate they provided me for removal of 3 large oaks and stump grinding was DOUBLE what two other tree companies estimated. The two other tree companies came in at about the same price, so I don't understand how HG came up with such a high estimate. I did think that the gentleman who came out to meet me was professional and I would have probably chosen HG if it weren't for the much higher estimate. I rated HG a C overall, because of the high estimate and also the somewhat sluggish response to my initial request for an estimate, but they seemed very professional. But I believe I will select one of the other companies to do the tree work.

Description of Work
Estimate for tree removal

Category tree service

Thank you for considering us. While the price might have been the deciding factor, our focus is to be a premium service provider, and we hope you might consider using us in the future.

06/08/2018

Jin Z.

Work went very well. Jason from HG responded quickly and performed a site visit within the first week of my request. The price was very reasonable for the amount of trees and brush to be removed. On the day of work, he came in the morning to do a final walk through and stayed to supervise the crew. They did a great job and clean-up more than they needed to, it was as if they weren't there, with the exception of the tree being gone of course. I was very happy with the service and use them again. And already recommended them to my neighbor.

Description of Work
Tree and brush removal

04/06/2018

Keith L.

The team at Hartney was very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They came to do the job earlier than expected, did a great job, and answered all of our questions. They even came back to clean up the front yard in the pouring rain, after forgetting their leaf blower.

Description of Work
Tree and bush pruning; Tree removal

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

03/06/2018

Adam G.

From the initial consultation to the actual tree pruning, everyone at Hartney Greymont was responsive, kind, thorough and skilled at their job. The employees who scaled our large Beech and Spruce trees for pruning displayed incredible skill and even took a few moments to pause and show our 2-year old son what they were doing up close. It was a great experience overall and am thankful for the referral I received to work with them. I look forward to continuing to work with them on another project over the spring.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

01/21/2018

MICHAEL S.

Hartney Greymont is the only arborist that I contacted that returned my calls and was available. They were busy but were able to come over in the spring to look at the trees when we realized the extent of the fungus damage. They were not able to do the work until the fall, but it was good to have all of the arrangements made and get the work scheduled when we realized we needed it.

Description of Work
I needed two trees pruned. One had been attacked by a fungus and have a lot of dead wood that needed to be pruned out. And one

01/16/2018

Ralph S.

The work was professionally executed. Patrick was onsite to answer any questions that I had and to ensure that the correct tree was removed. Excellent service by the crew and Patrick.

Description of Work
Tree removal

10/06/2017

Ada S.

They did a great job, gave suggestion and followed my requests about where to trim branches. They are knowledgable about trees - and respected my concern that the result look natural.

Description of Work
trimming trees in my yard

08/09/2017

Lily C.

They are great. Patrick was very knowledgeable and punctuated. We ended up with a landscaping company who did our landscaping makeover five years ago.

Description of Work
Trees planting

Category landscaping, tree service

07/05/2017

Ralph S.

superior work with excellent results!

Description of Work
Gypsy moth caterpillar tree spraying and tick spraying.

Category pest control, tree service

03/20/2017

Sharon P.

Great. They are patient, smart, truly interested in the work they do. THey'd rather save a tree than remove it, but they'll do that too if you like. They're a regular every-other-year part of my property's life.

Description of Work
Over the last five years I've had Hartley Greymont give me advice, fertilize and support an old American Elm, damp down my moths. . .

12/27/2016

Robert R.

The work was done in a professional manner. The crew was very courteous. The job was handled in an AAA manner.

Description of Work
The property I own has some lovely old trees that were in need of care. I asked Hartney Greymont and several of their competitors to survey the situation and to provide an estimate for the work. Hartney Greymont's sale representative was by far the most professional. While the price was slightly higher than their competitors, the quality of their work was well worth every cent. I would highly recommend them.

11/29/2016

DEBBIE S.

very professional, gave proposals, did exactly what they said for price quoted, would highly recommend. A little pricier than others but better quality.

Description of Work
We had two large old oaks pruned. They discovered one of them had large cankers and had to be taken down which we hired them to do as well.

10/11/2016

Ronald M.

They are the arborists who handled the aphid infestation in the trees in the front of our building and saved the vines in our courtyard which were dying. They saved the glorious vines. They did a tremendous job on both counts. The aphids were secreting a black sugary stuff that was blackening everything under them. They fixed that problem. We have a highly regarded Property Management company for our condo association so we turned to them for suggestions for our problem. There was an immediate reply that this was the outfit and they do a lot of work for them.

Description of Work
Arborists. Saved our vines and treated the trees.

10/11/2016

Ronald M.

They saved the plants but this is a treatment that needs to be done every couple of years. We've contracted them for intervals of a year or so to keep the problems away in the future. They are extremely well thought of around here.

Description of Work
Periodic servicing.

JOHN C.

The service turned out fine. They are very nice people. They've worked for friends of mine as well and people are very happy with them overall.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees & sprayed for winter moss

Charles & Louise D.

It has been fine. We've been using them for years. We got a lot of different treatments.

Description of Work
They do lawn care.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Brian W.

My family has been using them for all our tree services in multiple properties for decades now and they're always just very thorough, they clean up, and they are safe. I just feel like they really know trees and make them safe. They seem to do, in my opinion, better tree work than all the other tree folks out there. They are a little pricey.

Description of Work
It didn't cost anything for having them to come out and consult them about some trees. They do that for free. They let us know about some spraying we wanted. We had some damage from winter months so we are having them to come out to specifically look at that but they looked over all of our trees. They are going to be coming out in the spring to spray for winter months.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

Sarah O.

They did a good job. They were a little pricier than I wished, but otherwise, they were very good. They clearly knew trees, explained a lot about what we had going on with our trees, and made recommendations. It worked out well. Our interactions with them were very good. The work turned out excellently, all fine. I would tell a friend or family member that they are knowledgeable and they did a good job, but they are pricey. They were just higher than other places, but perhaps their expertise is better too. I would possibly use them again in the future, but I probably would get other quotes too.

Description of Work
Hartney Greymont Inc. Needham trimmed trees in our yard. They took one tree down and trimmed the rest of the trees in our yard. We had a bunch getting low dead branches.

Ken M.

They did what they said they were going to do. They came at their own time which was fine with me.

Description of Work
They sprayed trees.

Geoffrey B.

They were great. They did it for years. It was $1000 for a year. I have a contract for the lawn and they did the tree work separately. They were always good about scheduling at a good time. They were very good at communicating what they had done and if there's an issue that needed to be addressed. They were very courteous and my lawn looked great.

Description of Work
They did our lawn when we were in Massachusetts. It was all lawn fertilizing and treating for grubs.

Category lawn treatment

Eric S.

It turned out very well. It worked out pretty good. It was a pretty good experience overall. The service was delivered exactly as what was priced out. There were no additional fees. There were no hidden costs that came out with the course of the work that they had done. The quality of the work was very good. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They did some tree service.

JULIA L.

They're fine. They're just very expensive. That's the only downside to Hartney Greymont Inc Needham. They are just more expensive than anybody else--extremely expensive as a matter of fact when I compare them with others. They know what they're doing. They're certainly experienced. And I kind of knew they were expensive, but I just didn't have time to deal and I knew they were good and competent. That's the only real criticism. As for the price, I knew I thought it was gonna be one thing but it actually turned to be a bit more. I think the quality was quite good. They're were an average in punctuality. I don't think I'll use them again because they're too expensive. I'll just find other providers who are equally experienced and just a little more attentive. They're very commercially oriented, not personal.

Description of Work
Hartney Greymont Inc Needham did some re-landscaping planting for me. I had them remove some old plants and then plant some new ones.

Category landscaping

elliot F.

It was good. The knowledge of the guys stood out to me. They were very knowledgeable and capable. They were a little slow. They do a good job but they're expensive.

Description of Work
We had Honey Locust trees pruned.

Category tree service

Cesar Construction Services, Inc.

DiOrio Builders & Designers Inc

DiOrio Builders and Designers Inc. is a fully licensed and insured company committed to providing homeowners with the highest level of craftsmanship. Built on old fashioned values we are experienced specialists that will complete your project to exact specifications in a timely manner. Quality work is our priority while paying special attention to detail. No job is too big or too small.

Pave Tech LLC

Pave tech does a host different services from asphalt paving to masonry, blue stone walks, patios,interlocking patio pavers, driveway pavers,tree work. Intricate & simple landscape designing of backyards. We are the recognized leader in value and pricing!!!!!!!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Annual Tree Care Maintenance, Tree Removal, Tree Trimming, Shrub Pruning, Cabling & Bracing, Tree Planting, Tree Fertilization, Insect and Disease Management, Lawn fertilization and renovation, Overseeding and Aeration, Grub and Pest Control.

Residential Snow Removal and Residential Mowing