Wellesley Lock & Safe

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2007

25 Main St

Natick, MA 01760

Master locksmith Robert Magri has provided safety and security solutions for hundreds of residential and commercial customers. From the very beginning, customer satisfaction has been his number one priority: "With 'service and dedication to meeting our customer's needs' as our motto, we give our customers what they want, when they want it....

02/13/2018

Janis C.

Responsive, fixed my problems, reasonable price, easy to deal with, accommodated my schedule. Gave useful advice for other door problems I have. Would definitely call Rob with future locksmith needs.

Description of Work
Fixed several jammed/ inoperative locks

09/26/2016

susan N.

We'll. He fixed the issue and checked the lock in general.

Description of Work
Fix a lock

06/22/2015

Robert I.

Description of Work
Provide advice on lock and key issues. Milled new keys.

01/19/2014

Brian W.

11/18/2013

Jim T.

Serviceman Joe was incredibly friendly, nice and reasonable. Satisfied customer. Couldn't believe I got out of it with a bill of only $100!

Description of Work
Fixed broken locks and made up a full set of new keys for 2 doors.

06/11/2013

Donna M.

I don't normally write bad reviews but I felt compelled to share my experience with others. I chose Wellesley lock Co because of the reviews. What a mistake that was. I had just purchased a home in Wellesley and my locks needed to be changed. I spoke with Rob Magri the owner and he sounded nice enough on the phone, so I booked an appointment. Upon arrival he introduced himself and proceeded to ask me and quot;When are you going to drop?and quot; I am eight months pregnant!!! I was appalled at his comment and felt very uncomfortable as he leered at my chest. He finally started changing my locks all the while talking and texting on his phone. I wish he had concentrated on my work and less chatter. Because of his carelessness he chipped a large piece of paint off of my front door. When I asked him to fix it he denied doing it. When he finally finished the front door I paid Rob just to get rid of him. I felt so unnerved by this experience I called another locksmith to finish the job.

Description of Work
Changed keys to my locks.

02/11/2013

Elaine H.

Went well. He was pleasant to talk with as well. Very good service.

Description of Work
Changed the locks on my new house and added a doorknob/lock.

06/21/2012

Cynthia R.

I thought they were professional and they provided good work. We plan to use them for our future security needs.

Description of Work
This was for minor lock replacement.

03/11/2012

bill C.

poor service and charged more than the original quote.

Description of Work
locks rekeyed

Category locksmith

I dont believe this was The Original Wellesley Lock and Safe. I believe this was the out of state contract company that was using my name. Please see the other reviews that truly capture my company

12/03/2011

Leslie P.

They were very good. I would recommend them. They did the work. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Wellesley Lock & Safe about a week ago before the Thanksgiving Day. They rekeyed five locks for me.

11/17/2011

Sarah B.

Rob and his colleague Joe were terrific. Rob kept me updated on his expected arrival time throughout the day, arrived on time, and did great work for us for several hours, all at a very reasonable price. He gave candid, thoughtful advice on the locks we had and what we needed. I strongly recommend Wellesley Lock and Safe to anyone looking for a locksmith.

Description of Work
Rekeyed locks; replaced/repaired faulty parts

09/01/2011

Lawrence G.

Rob, the service man, arrived early to our 9 am appointment. It was very obvious that he knew exactly what to do. He is very professional and his price was very fair. I live in a condo where we are often overcharged by service people, probably because of our location in Chestnut Hill. I have recommended him to my neighbors who need help. He has my highest recommendation. I chose him because I read the other reviews on Angie's List. So the job he performed was to change the combination (after 4 years it needed to be changed). It is now changed and I am very pleased

Description of Work
I had the combination changed on my Simplex Lock for the front door of my condo......

08/22/2011

Yui C.

Called Wellesley Lock and Safe. Rob provided a good estimate (along with a coupon that I have). Rob was very polite and friendly. He came by and looked at all the locks and gave some good suggestions. He did not try to sell/push anything. He was also able to help us create a service key in case we need to give it to contractors/cleaners. Now every door can be opened with one single key. Price is very very reasonable. Will definitely recommend Wellesley Lock and Safe to everyone.

Description of Work
Moved into new home. Needed to replace all locks (7 deadbolts and 7 door handle with locks). We wanted 1 single key for all the doors.

03/28/2011

rikki S.

He arrived on time, was very professional, and honest. I called him on the phone - he was pleasant to speak to and spent time with me assessing our problem. Based on the description of our problem over the telephone, he quoted us a cost for replacing our deadbolt. But once at our home, he looked it over and was able to fix our problem by re-adjusting the deadbolt without having to replace it. He didn't try to sell us services we didn't need. The cost was less than we expected. I would definitely hire him again if we need a locksmith!

Description of Work
Repair deadbolt.

02/14/2011

DOROTHY D.

I had them come over, as the door was not closing and I couldn’t lock it. They came quickly and took care of the situation. They wanted me to speak to the owner, to get a new door, but, I didn’t do so. Later, I did take a second opinion about the same and was advised, that, my door was excellent. I tried a lot of them, but no one could come right away, so I went with Wellesley Lock and Safe. I didn’t like the way; they pushed me to buy a door. I may use their services only during emergencies.

Description of Work
I used the services of Wellesley Lock & Safe, about a year ago.

02/24/2009

Jennifer W.

They are very professional, courteous and don't try to up sell you.

Description of Work
Had new locks installed as well as some old ones rekeyed.

12/29/2008

Heidi G.

They had very good recommendations for the style of locks. They were functional and matched our decor perfectly! They were knowledgeable, prompt, courteous, and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They changed the locks on our new home.

05/18/2007

MARC M.

The locksmith was very knowledgeable about what it would take to secure two old fashioned doors we have on the front of our home. He was attentive to our questions, didn t talk down to us and was very courteous and quick.

Description of Work
The man replaced 3 locks in two front doors as we felt our old ones were not very safe.

Category locksmith

Sales, Repair, Consultations & Maintenance for Residential, Commercial, & Architectural Needs