Thompson Overhead Doors Inc

Founded 1957 • With Angi since October 2001

36 Forest Ave

Natick, MA 01760

Thompson Overhead Doors has been a family owned and operated business since 1957. We specialize in what we know best, the sales, service and installation of garage doors and garage door openers. We have a fully staffed office during office hours and an answering service after hours to serve you. We have3-4 trucks on the road every day to take care of all your garage door needs. We do not use sub contractors and pay our employees by the hour, not the job. Quality is more important than quantity. Having been in the trades business since 1957, we can recommend another company to you if you're in need of a carpenter, roofer or siding company....

12/13/2020

Nancy S.

None of the workers wear masks to protect clients and themselves from possible COVID exposure

Description of Work
repair of garage doors

07/23/2018

CHET L.

Great, no problem. We have the doors greased annually.

Description of Work
Annual lubercation of Garage Doors

Category garage doors,doors

Thanks [Member Name Removed].

06/01/2018

James C.

Excellent. Scott showed up right on the promised time, quickly diagnosed the problem. Went ahead and fixed it. Efficient. And double checked to make sure everything was taken care of with that door.

Description of Work
Service Call- one of the garage doors was tilted

10/16/2017

Ben W.

Good for cheap doors, but be careful with any upsell options. Their sales team stuck me with the wrong door. I asked for something durable, and got sold an expensive door with mismatched panels. They made me pay in full before installation, then after install, when I asked why they are mismatched, they told me it was my fault because I asked for something more durable than their standard steel door, and that they would never recommend this door to anyone. Then why did they sell it to me!?!? Their mistake, but they refuse to help solve it.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage doors

Category garage doors

We truly are very sorry you were unhappy with the design of the garage door panels. It's true we do not carry or offer the model doors you bought. We don't offer them because we have been told over the years that consumers have been displeased with vinyl doors. Based on your request for durable doors, we made our recommendations and provided you with 4 quotes for various other doors which you decided against. Upon your request for the vinyl doors, we obtained a quote from the manufacturer, quoted, ordered and installed them for you. These were the doors you decided were your best option so that your children could hit balls and pucks against the doors. After you alerted us to the configuration of the panels, we contacted the factory and explained that your were very unhappy. If there was an error we were prepared to make the correction at our expense. However, the factory maintains that the panels you have are the proper panels and are not mismatched. This the way the door is manufactured and offered to the consumer. There is no "correction" available because the door is as intended. That is the design. Since we've never sold the product before and have no experience with it, we had no way offering you any insight or information beyond the factory brochure. We only had the same information that you had. So we understand and am sorry you don't care for the panel design of your doors but we are installers and have no way to change the design of the door.

08/03/2017

Richard L.

One of the springs on my double car garage door broke and they were able to come out on the same day to temporarily fix it. They put on a clamp for immediate use and since we were going away in 2 days, they came back the next day and replaced both springs! They also inspected the door and made adjustments as needed. Can't speak about the price, since they were the only ones I called and were able to come over immediately.

Description of Work
Temporarily fixed a broken spring on double car garage door with a clamp and then replaced both the next day.

Category garage doors

Hello Thank you for your review! We strive to provide excellent service to our customers. Please do not hesitate to call us for any future garage door needs. Julie Rose Office Manager

07/01/2017

Richard T.

They came as scheduled, two days after my call. They replaced both springs. The spring tension is now exactly correct so you can open/close manually with two fingers. Really excellent work.

Description of Work
Replace broken spring on manual garage door

Category garage doors

Hi Thank you for taking a moment to review us. We appreciate the feedback. I am happy to hear that your door is working properly and safely now. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future for any garage door services. Julie Rose Office Manager

06/14/2017

Peter M.

Excellent. We are very pleased with the new door. Much less noise, opens by Wifi, powder coated steel.

Description of Work
Replacement garage door.

Category garage doors

Hello! Thank you for your glowing review. We are very happy that you are so pleased with your door! Please do not hesitate to refer us to friends and family and call us with any future garage door needs! - Julie Rose Office Manager

02/24/2017

Hugh J.

I thought I had found a great company. The initial estimate and contract were done timely and professionally. What I needed was a wood replacement garage door like the one we had. I was told it would take about three weeks for it to arrive. Because it was wood, it would need to be primed and then given 2 coats of paint before being installed, and that was our responsibility, not the company's. So timing was important. It was late October at the time. Getting it say end of November would leave time to paint it and installed before it got too cold. I was very very explicit about this and the company also was clear that they would deliver it so the painting could happen BEFORE the door was installed b.y them, and I needed a good week to do that. However, I never heard back from the company. Not once with any update about the delay. Finally in mid-December, I called to see where the door was. I was told it had arrived a week earlier and they were going to call me to set an installation date around Christmas-time - I was to be put in the cue - hadn't even happened yet despite the long delay. I reminded them it needed to be painted first. There was a warm spell at the time - perfect to get the painting done before real winter set in. They refused to deliver the door in advance so I could paint it. As a result, I would get the the door end of December and then it would be too late to paint it due to cold temperatures. So I made it extremely clear this was unacceptable. We had a perfect time and temperature window to paint it and all they had to do was drop it off. Again they refused. I was adamant about how bad their service was - they promised me a garage door within about 3 weeks, and it took over 6 weeks, and they refused to expedite my order in spite of that. The cue was the cue. This from a small company with a good reputation. All I can say is that after some very unpleasant exchanges, the door was finally delivered promptly. As a result, I was able to get the 3 coats of paint on, and the company installed the door the day before Christmas. Just in time as they were not going to be available for a couple more weeks after that and we had no working garage door and here it was wintertime. The quality of the door and installation was excellent and the door has been working well. Then just this month - February 2017 - I get an email suggesting a tune up with a discount if done in February. I agreed to that and tried to set a date. Again, the company dropped off the face o the earth. After three emails back, I just gave up. So once more, terrible service. So sad.......

Description of Work
I ordered a replacement wood garage door to be installed by this company.

Category garage doors

You were provided with a reminder for annual maintenance from our master list as a courtesy. After scheduling you for 2 appointments which you would not confirm by email or phone, I was informed by our office manager that we should cease further contact with you because you were placed on our "Do NOT Go" list the previous year list due to your deviousness and extremely abusive phone calls and on line comments. You are sad...... Further comments or contact to our office will be considered by us as harassment.

01/31/2017

Stefan K.

Service was punctual and Installation went well overall. The only issues was that due to the small door size the handle/lock was off center which had not been communicated beforehand. Also some minor problem with the locking mechanism (holes for bolts were too low). They returned and fixed it.

Description of Work
Replace garage door.

Category garage doors

Hi Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all feedback. I am glad that we were able to assist in fixing the locking mechanism. Please do not hesitate to call us in the future for any garage repair needs. Julie Rose Office Manager

01/16/2017

James M.

Service Technician Scott arrived at 2:30 p.m., the leading edge of his stated arrival window. He was effective, friendly, and quick. I thank him and Office Manager Julie. My only concern was over the fixed charge of $120.00 for "showing up." The amount seemed somewhat high for a relatively simple repair.

Description of Work
At approximately 1:00 p.m. on a bank/post-office holiday, a coil spring snapped in Mom's garage. Between 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m., I found Thompson via Angie's list; telephoned Thompson; impressed upon Thompson that my elderly, divorced, and physically handicapped mother was trapped at home without a working garage door; and booked Thompson.

Category garage doors

Hi Thank you for taking the time to review us. Feedback is always helpful. I am glad you had a good experience with our service technician. Our service fee is a flat rate for travel and labor and it is standard in this industry. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future garage repair or installation needs. Thank you Julie Rose Office Manager

Vailante Electrical LLC

We offer quality and affordable electrical services.

Stephen Cappadona

Stephen Cappadona specializes in residential and commercial electrical contracting for clientele in the surrounding areas of Marlborough, Massachusetts. ​As a leading electrical contractor, we proudly serve Marlborough, Westborough, Southborough, and Hopkinton, Massachusetts. All our professionals are certified as Journeyman electricians.

Markarian Electric LLC

Markarian Electric are experienced, dependable professional electricians constantly staying on the cutting edge of newly released technology. With over 20 years of Residential, Commercial & Industrial electrical experience, Markarian Electric has performed thousands of jobs for many businesses and homeowners. Whether we are wiring a restaurant, office building, retail store, BMS management or simply installing a replacement dimmer for a home-owner, we take pride in every job we do. Eric A. Markarian, CEO Jhon Herrera, President Brandon M. Hill, Vice President Customers can email us at me@markarianelectric.com.

Sales & installation of garage doors, garage door openers and accessories. We inspect, repair and maintenance garage doors, motors and related equipment for Residential and Commercial customers.

Install product purchased by others.