Coan Inc

Founded 1946 • With Angi since November 2002

196 W Central St

Natick, MA 01760

Coan Heating & Cooling is a team of comfort specialists who deliver advanced solutions for heating, cooling and indoor air quality. Our mission is to improve your year-round comfort, handle all your heating and cooling needs, and save you money through intelligent energy conservation and competitive pricing. Volatile energy prices are a major concern these days, so we offer an integrated approach that limits your costs. The high-efficiency equipment we install helps reduce your energy requirements so you can buy less oil and electricity. Our price protection programs lock out inflation, and our service contracts reduce costs for system maintenance and repair. We also make your life easier by serving as your "one-stop shop" for home comfort. You never need to call anyone else, and we simplify your life with automatic fuel delivery, a budget plan that makes your costs predictable, and service plans that provide exactly the coverage you want for your systems ....

HVAC Companies (114)heating oil company (42)water heaters (26)plumbers (13)electrician (11)metal fabrication (1)

04/11/2022

James T.

While I initially thought of Coan as just a place to order fuel oil, they've since done tune-ups, emergency repairs (bad air vent, new burner tip) and installed a new AC condensing unit at a fraction of a cost of one of the better know guys who came up with a much higher quote. I even had one guy show up in a pickup truck with a jerry can of fuel oil on a Sunday afternoon once, just to get me through until they could get the delivery truck to me on a Monday. I think I've been with them at least 15 years.

Description of Work
All around good firm

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Patricia H.

I have used COAN for 25 years and have always found them to be most professional and always quickly responsive to my needs--even after hours. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Emergency oil delivery and, another time, checking furnace when heat went off.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 04/08/2022

Bruce G.

Excellent service. Great service folks and quick responses

Description of Work
Furnace issue

Work Completed On 04/08/2022

Noreen F.

Excellent. Everyone is pleasant, kind and professional. Best customer service. I've been a customer for 25 years!

Description of Work
Repaired my boiler

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

Peter A.

Towards the end of March, we did not need oil, but Coan made a late delivery anyway. We had enough oil in our tank to last through the remaining cold days, but we received a delivery that cost us an incredible $1083. We did not need it, and we did not want it. We would have never accepted delivery if we had been informed of the price. We would have rather frozen than have paid such an exorbitant price for oil. I know prices are high, but when the cost of oil jumps up to ridiculous levels, a courtesy call would have been appreciated. That way we could have refused delivery. However, now we are stuck with an inordinate oil bill for oil we did not need or want, and we are very upset and unhappy with Coan. We have been customers for over fifty years and never expected to be taken advantage of this way. Sincerely, Peter Allen

Description of Work
Unwanted Oil Delivery

Category heating oil companies

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Richard L.

Oil delivery has been without problems; it is automatic and I don't need to think about it. Maintenance is professionally done. There is typically a long wait to schedule annual maintenance which pushes off the date substantially each year. On the other hand, if there is a problem, they have been very responsive.

Description of Work
Oil delivery and maintenance of oil heating equipment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Dennis A.

It went well. I was just disappointed that coil failed so shortly after system was serviced. I question whether a more proactive inspection/review at service time would have detected the coil failure.

Description of Work
Rehab air conditioning unit

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

Anne M.

Excellent, as always - COAN has serviced this home for many, many years

Description of Work
Regular maintenance as well as leaking tankless hot water overflow tanj

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

leonard Z.

I have used Coan Oil for over 40 years. An outstanding company. Very responsive if there are issues. Reasonably priced. Recently had them replace my air conditioning . They did an excellent job. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Heating Oil, Air conditioning

Jeanne A.

It went well. My tank never ran out, nor was it filled too soon. The people who maintain the furnace are pleasant and professional. The few times I have called for emergency service, someone was there within a reasonable time to deal with the problem.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance of furnace, maintaining filled oil tank, and emergency service.

Category heating oil companies

Work Completed On 03/20/2022

sharon marie P.

Always the best, professional and reliable

Description of Work
Maintenance

James D.

It was excellent as I am a fifty year customer

Description of Work
Oil delivery and upkeep of system.

10/31/2021

Asif J.

They installed the water heating system in my house and the system was having problems. Called at night and they said to call in the morning , called in the morning and they said since the account was opened with previous owner they can not come and fix it - and that they are not taking new clients - very cold and unprofessional

Description of Work
Maintainence of the healing system

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/31/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are truly sorry for this experience. We do work very hard trying to take care of all those who reach out to us. Unfortunately these days there are times when the number of calls to us exceed our ability to respond. We hope the situation has been resolved. Please give our Customer Service Specialist, Jean Beaudin, a call to discuss your situation. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.

03/10/2021

Steven S.

I recently had Coan Oil replaced my entire heating/ hot water system. I wanted to express how extremely satisfied I was with not only the price, but quality + NEATNESS of the installation (perfectly soldered every connection!! No shortcuts). Installation was done by professional and courteous technicians, and right on schedule. I am an electrical contractor with 30+ years in trades, and know exactly what quality and pride in workmanship looks like. Want to thank the entire staff at Coan Oil for a 10 star installation, honestly, + for the 16 yrs of great service and oil delivery. Thanks again, Steve Scalzi.

Description of Work
Replace and upgrade heating/ hot water systems

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

09/29/2020

Myrna M.

excellent professional and timely we have been Coan customers for over 20 years they have replaced our oil tank/hot water heater and are very responsive to our needs highly recommend them

Description of Work
repair/replace a/c

Category electrician

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/17/2020

Paul G.

Fuel delivery and maintenance are seamless so I don't need to worry at all. Whenever there may be an issue with the AC units (which is not often) then are very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
Fuel delivery, Boiler maintenance and AC unit repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/14/2020

Elsie C.

All work thorough, neat and completed without any follow up problems.

Description of Work
monthly oil deliveries, service contract ensured immediate service any day or night with professional, and knowledgeable specialist....... when it was time to replace our boiler Coan's specialists removed and replaced furnace and water heater. After 8 years our furnace and hot water heater continue to work perfectly and efficiently(as is proven with our annual service included in our service contract.

Category electrician,water heater repair,heating oil companies

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

09/11/2020

c. joseph C.

It went very well. the work was done timely and professionally.

Description of Work
installed new furnace

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

03/05/2020

Robert C.

We are a Coan oil customer with a regular service contract. While the water heater was not covered under the contract, the service was timely and efficient. The installation crew was pleasant and hard working. The water heater contract call for payment in 4 installments. We are pleased with the product and the installation.

Description of Work
Replacement of failed water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

02/07/2020

Nathan P.

Installation of the replacement tank went extremely well, as did the the installation of the current tank 25 years ago. Coan, Inc has installed, maintained, and fueled two oil heating systems since the 1970s. Coan built a 50-year relationship by providing the highest quality parts and service available at an acceptable cost premium.

Description of Work
Replacement of 25 year old flat 330 gal. oil tank

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

07/03/2019

anthony N.

From the beginning the signs were bad. The rep was a no call/no show for our appointment (which I left work for) and then I had to call the office to get him over for the quote. In the home he was polite and had some good ideas. Said I would get a quote in a week. No quote ever sent. I followed up over a week later and my name wasn’t even in their system. The rep then told me he would get me a quote by the end of the week. Again, no quote. I called again and again I am not in their system. I expressed my frustration and said that I was not going to beg them to pay $15k + for an AC and didn’t understand what the problem was, at which the secretary rudely hung up on me. Maybe they are too busy for their own good, or maybe they are not interested in customer service. Either way, I was not pleased. Plenty of other responsive and professional AC folks out there.

Description of Work
Scheduled for a central AC quote.

08/03/2018

Patrick H.

Perfect. Very efficient and reasonable price.

Description of Work
New A/C condenser

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

02/18/2018

Richard L.

The new tank installation went perfectly - they were punctual, clean, and experienced. The project was inspected by the town without any issues. Regarding other services, I trust them and find them very responsive on the rare occasion that there is an issue with the heating system. The only area they could improve on is when I am looking for an upgrade such as the new tank - when I leave sales with a detailed message stating I want a price on an item, they could leave a more informative message than call me back. In all the important matters, they have been a great company to work with.

Description of Work
They replaced my oil tank on this occasion. They have replaced my heating system and continue to supply my heating oil.