Bert Murphy Construction Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2013

Full service construction company that will manage all projects from frame to finish. Will provide all sub-contractors and permits necessary to complete project. We specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodels and whole house remodels....

Makeway Builders

Eagles High Painting Inc.

Eagles High Painting Inc. is professional residential painting company. We specialize in providing high quality professional interior and exterior residential painting solutions. Eagles High Painting Inc is fully staffed with skilled craftsmen trained to execute projects of all sizes including cabinetry refinishing. Thorough preparation, detail orientation, excellent customer service and professional grade results are all items you can expect in our next project with you. Don't settle for less! Call or message us today to schedule your free estimate.

Offers by Eagles High Painting Inc. on Angi
Jacob’s Home Services

We are a local yang professional with 11 year's of experience painting. Here's the deal show us your estimate from a big company and we give you a 15%off on that price for the same job.

01/17/2014

It was awesome. They were very responsive and did a very professional job. They knew how the exhaust worked. They did a very good job in my house.

Description of Work
I used Bert Murphy Construction to do my exhaust.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

11/23/2013

So far so good

Description of Work
This work hasn't been done because of inspection problems but Bert was one of the only people to get back to me. When I text him about questions or concerns he always answers promptly. That is a first it seems for contractors. I would recommend him to anyone!

Category remodeling

06/10/2013

Have used the services of Bert and his team for past 8 years and for many home projects in that time. Everything from installing air conditioning throughout the apartment, painting( indoor and outdoor) installing fireplace, refinishing floors, plumbing , masonry, electrical and lighting work. I have referred him to many friends and family over the years. Very reliable, trustworthy, with meticulous...

Description of Work
Boiler service, repair and parts replacement Repair and pointing of firebox Purchase and installation of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors throughout home Pointing to areas of brickwork front and back of house Pointing and repairs to chimney

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,remodeling,chimney repair

04/15/2013

A plan was made at the start of the project with a target date of May 1st for completion of the project. Start date was the first week of January. All work was done on time with only a one week delay (finished the 2nd week of May) caused by the unanticipated need to install the steel beams. When we mentioned the overwhelming dust due to the work, the company showed up the next day, a Saturday, to ...

Description of Work
I highly recommend Bert Murphy Construction Inc. for remodeling and other construction work in your home. This is the third time I have engaged this company for remodeling and renovation. Here are the results of the latest work done. Location - Boston, Back Bay neighborhood Home Type - Attached Victorian brick building, 4 floors (including basement floor), total 3,000 sq. ft at 750 sq. ft. per floor Work done: Demolition of entire first floor including removal of kitchen cabinets, etc. and several walls in an effort to open the entire floor to make it a great room. Replacement of granite tile floor in kitchen with oak hardwood flooring. Relocate electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and gas lines to accommodate new open floor plan. Worked with kitchen design subcontractor to properly layout new kitchen and maximize available space. Engaged with various suppliers to help secure good quality products and pricing on items such as granite counter tops, back splash tiling, etc. Provided guidance on pros and cons of choosing different paths including costs associated with each choice. Identified structural engineer to evaluate removal of walls. Installed two steel beams due to need for additional upper floor support. Replaced recessed lighting and rewired lighting. Other electrical work done to support new appliances. Plumbing work redone to support first floor layout. Installed wet bar in basement repurposing items taken from original kitchen (specialty cabinet, dishwasher, sink, fixtures.) Replaced basement ceiling bringing recessed lighting up to current style.

Category electrician,hardwood floor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

04/12/2013

I contracted with Bert Murphy to work with the engineering firm (CBI) to document the poor workmanship and damage to the unit so I would have evidence when I got to court. Bert demolished the existing roof and replaced it and all of the underlying insulation material. Bert demolished the existing interior walls, doors and floors ruined by the water, and replaced the windows and insulation and rebu...

Description of Work
I purchased a condo in a renovated building in South Boston for my daughter. The building was a bakery that was renovated in 2003 to three condos. Each was purchased around 2003 from the developer who gutted the building down to the exterior walls and built the three new condos. All were new construction - high end finishes (granite kitchens, HVAC system, etc.). The unit I purchased was the largest unit (40% of building) two bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. Our unit was on two floors, the second and third. The common roof was above my top floor bedrooms. We started to experience some leaking in the unit about 18 months after we purchased it. We could not determine if the leaks were coming from the roof or the windows or the exterior brick work (original exterior walls covered with stucco). We worked with the original developer of the property who for over a year paid lip service to us - tried simple patches and eventually said our warranty had run out. The leaking continued to get excessively worse to the point that when it rained the windows on the second and third floor northern wall would leak profusely. I contacted Bert Murphy to evaluate the situation. He had recently completed a major renovation of a town house I own in the South End. Bert quickly determined that the problem was when the new roof (rubber membrane) was put on when the building was renovated it was improperly installed, flashed and sealed, and eventually the underlying materials had broken down and the water was running down the interior walls, rotting out the windows, doors and floor on the northern wall of the building. I contacted the developer and he denied everything and told me tough luck. I hired an engineering company and lawyer and pursued relief which I eventually won.

Category drywall,flooring contractor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,remodeling,roofing,marble & granite,interior painters,doors

Kitchen & Bathroom Design & Remodeling. Brownstone & Wood Frame Buildings.