Beantown Home Improvements, Inc.

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2014

Super Service Award Winners Every Year since advertising on AL: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021. 3rd Generation family owned and operated Exterior Experts specializing in Asphalt & Rubber Roofing, All types of Siding: Vinyl, Cedar, Polymer, Fiber Cement & Stone, New Construction & Replacement Windows, Exterior Doors, Gutters, Skylights. In today's day and age where quality, craftsmanship and simple honesty can be tough, if not impossible to find, you need not look any further. We do it right the first time. When it comes down to it, we’re not sales people and no one likes to be sold. Our goal as home improvement experts is to inform you of the products we offer and how we can be of service, so that you can make an educated decision that you can live with and we can stand behind. With our simple no BS approach, our objective is to be up front and honest with every client, earn your respect, and offer outstanding customer service that is second to no one and Jim guarantees that! Simple right? We think so and it’s why we have outstanding reviews on any website in which you will find us. We honor our Veteran’s every day with significant discounts for Active, Reserve and Retired Military personnel. We are fully licensed as Builders (CS-107322) & Home Improvement Contractors (178728) and carry $1M-$2M in liability insurance.*We specialize mainly in Asphalt Roofing, Rubber Roofing, Skylights, Vinyl, James Hardie Fiber Cement, Cedar Siding, Decks, Windows and Doors....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+527 more images

Marshfield Exterior Rehab: Roof, Doors, Slider, Deck & Siding

Marshfield Exterior Rehab: Roof, Doors, Slider, Deck & Siding

decks & porches201902050
We did quite a bit of work on this home on Holly Rd in Marshfield We boxed out the old brick chimney so that it could be covered with new vinyl siding.We pulled apart the old front columns boxed out in pine and re-wrapped them in solid Azek PVC.On the back deck, we simply removed the old deck boards, replaced some rotten joists and then refreshed the deck with new Azek decking.We installed a new Harvey Tribute vinyl slider with blinds between the glass.We installed a new Owens Corning Onyx Black architectural roof.We installed a new solid PVC exterior shower to replace the old wood one. We finished this job off by removing the old brick on the front of the home, building out the wall and removing the cedar shingle siding, replaced quite a bit of rotten wood, wrapped the walls with Henry Blueskin VP-100 and then installed Certainteed's Monogram horizontal woodgrain clapboard in Midnight Blue with white trim, white gutters and a new decorative front door header with pilasters. Customer is super happy and so are we.
New AZEK Deck in Halifax, MA project
New AZEK Deck in Halifax, MA

decks & porches

202002338
New Pool Deck project
New Pool Deck

decks & porches

202002301

roofing (96)siding companies (77)window replacement (39)door installation (36)skylight installation (23)flooring (1)gutter repair (37)decks & porches (36)woodworking (24)interior painting (9)drywall (8)electrician (7)

09/27/2022

Brian M.

Jim and team did a great job. From start to finish when I first reached out to Jim he was super responsive. Always replied to my questions or concerns within minutes. I switched from cedar shingles to James Hardie shingles and I am very happy with the outcome. I was away and what I returned the job was complete, like coming home to a new home. Great job and strongly recommend!

Description of Work
New siding in outside of house, windows, gutters

Category electrician, gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39888504

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. You will certainly be a lot happier with the Hardie Shingle over the cedar with no maintenance!

09/03/2022

Brandon G.

Beantown replaced siding on 3 out of 4 sides of my house with Hardie fiber cement plank boards; they tore down an old deck and built a new one in its place; and they removed and replaced a sliding patio door. Very professional company that uses high quality materials and left me feeling confident that they would do the job better than many alternatives. Jim, the owner, was there to answer my many questions from the quote phase all the way through to completion and even afterward. His responsiveness is exceptional and appreciated. The crew was punctual and incredibly fast - I couldn't believe they took down my old siding and installed new siding in 3 days. Amazing. My house and new deck look awesome. I appreciate the whole company's professionalism, helpfulness, and friendliness. They registered my products and sent my warranties promptly, and they also gave me some good tips and pointers that made me feel more knowledgeable about my home and new deck/siding. Price-wise, I would say they are higher than average, but it's more important to me that the work on my home is done right, not done cheaply, and that the contractor is honest, which is why I went with Beantown for this project. I wasn't disappointed and would hire them again, but I did have to forego some additional deck work that I had hoped to have done because it was starting to go beyond my budget. Jim was open that the cost of decking at the time of our project was more expensive than usual, so I appreciate his candor. In terms of honesty and professionalism, Beantown is the best contractor I've ever worked with. If I were to offer any suggestions for improvement, it would be that some of the detail work on the siding (i.e. a noticeably rough cut on a siding plank in one spot above a small roof) and post-siding cleanup could have been more thorough. I'm still finding nails around my house, and that's to be expected, but there were also nails and debris left on my roofs. Not a huge deal, but for the cost, I would have appreciated more attention to those kind of details, especially when it's hard for me to clean up on my own. I also did not realize that the siding work was going to cause as much intense vibration as it did, and I did have a potted plant fall off of a shelf and shatter, so it would have been nice to have that head's up. Now I know for next time. Overall, Beantown is a trustworthy, punctual, professional contractor that does high quality work. I would hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Siding, decking, patio door

Category decks, siding, doors

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

Thank you for taking the time to write this [Member Name Removed]. The siding and deck look great and that new door of yours I bet operates a lot smoother than your old one. If we can ever help again don't hesitate to ask.

08/26/2022

Karla F.

Working with Jim and Derek for our Roof and siding was a great experience. From the first time Jim came to our home for a quote he was not pushy or just trying to make a sale. He was able to answer all my many questions and made us feel comfortable with make a huge upgrade on our house. The crews that were sent out to our house did an amazing job! Were friendly hard working and got our house done quickly. Highly recommend for home upgrades!

Description of Work
Replacing a roof over our Porch and Residing out house in Vinyl

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/26/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. The back roof area we did and the siding came out great. Glad we could get your home to where you wanted it to be!

08/10/2022

Kathy T.

Excellent Beantown Home Improvements did an excellent job. They were a pleasure to work with. The workers were very professional and did excellent work.

Description of Work
new gutters & siding

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39831318

Thanks much [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. The house looks great. If there was anything we could do better to improve to get that 5 star review please let us know.

07/20/2022

Stevie J.

Beantown’s team was extremely professional. They showed up early every morning to get the work done & kept me informed with updates every step of the way. The constant contact helped me understand everything that was going on and allowed me to provide my input on any last moment updates. I plan on using Beantown for all my home projects in the future!

Description of Work
Decking & Porch Rebuild

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39807200

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Working with you was great and easy. Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

07/19/2022

Travis W.

I recently had Beantown complete a significant siding upgrade on my house and large detached garage. From the very beginning Beantown made it incredibly easy to pick a product and a color that we'd love for years to come. Understanding the current issues with supply chain, Beantown communicated well so we knew when our work would be completed. When it came time to do the install, the crew that worked my project were simply artists. To say I am pleased with the outcome of my siding project is an understatement. I specifically want to call out the work they did around my AC/mini-split connections that just made the install on the side of the house look even more impressive. I would absolutely recommend Beantown to anyone interested in the services they offer, and I plan to use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
New siding install on house and detached garage

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for taking the time to review us! It was great working with you. We hope if you ever need any other work that you give us a call.

07/15/2022

Sharon K.

Beantown Roofing We recently were faced with the decision to have to invest in a new roof. After interviewing a few companies. 1 stood out from the rest. The rep from Beantown, Elias, was great. He was not only knowledgeable and professional but thorough, patient and was a pleasure to deal with. The choice was clear. After finalizing details we gave the commitment to move forward. Beantown on site Manager Derek took it from there. On install day he showed up by 7am with a crew ready to go He was also very professional, courteous and thorough explaining the process and what we could expect. Not only did his crew get right to work but Derek had a drone that he would fly and operate to document with real time photos of the work being done at various stages which was very cool. We have a good size Colonial home with sun-room and 2 car garage. They not only did incredible work on our roof but new fascia, gutters and downspouts throughout. All work done was top notch. Even the clean up process was impressive. By 8pm they were done, job completed, and every nail, staple or bit of trash found its way in the dumpster. Thank you to Elias, Derek and his amazing crew. We could not be happier. Mark & Sharon Marshfield

Description of Work
New roof on home.

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39799496

Thank you very much for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. It's always great to hear of the wonderful experiences customers have with with everyone that works for me and how happy you are overall. Hopefully we can be of assistance again in the future.

06/08/2022

stephen K.

The service and work that Beantown provided was outstanding! From the very prompt and efficient estimate by Jim to the completion of the work from the workers everything was outstanding. Derick the project manager and his team with Tony, and others were here early on the day the work started and worked extremely hard the entire time they were here. When they left, the room was all cleaned up and it was like they were never here, except for the outstanding job on the installation of new skylights! They did a tremendous job, and they removed the old skylights that were leaking and installed the correct skylights for the pitch of our roof. We are extremely pleased with how the work was performed and how nice they now look. Previously the trim on the inside was all damaged from the leaking and continued to leak and show water stains. They repaired the trim also and now it looks fabulous and does not leak at all! It doesn't even look as if there is glass in the skylights as they are so clean and installed correctly! What an outstanding job Beantown did in a very timely and efficient time frame. The job was completed within 3 hours! We have already gotten an additional estimate for our main bathroom shower and will definately be proceeding with more work from Beantown. These guys and this company are top notch contractors and so easy and professional to deal with (and reasonably priced too)!

Description of Work
Replace Skylights

Category skylights

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

[Member Name Removed] I want to first say thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It truly seems like we meet and exceeded your level of expectations and couldn't be happier about that. We look forward to working with you again.

05/14/2022

Karin T.

From day one day their level of professionalism was off the charts. Not one of my concerns went unanswered. Quick responses.. everyone of projects went smoothly and on point. We went with the Harvey windows and Harding siding(deep ocean blue) and black roof.. Jim and his teams were fantastic!! I highly recommend this company! You will not be sorry…

Description of Work
Roof, windows, siding,trim,gutters

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

Thank you very much for writing this kind review on your experience with us. It certainly was a pleasure doing business with you, we could not be happier with how your home came out!

05/13/2022

Jamie R.

Beantown Home Improvements did an excellent job. The owner kept us updated leading up to the work. The team came a day early around 7:30 and were done by noon. By far the most professional contracting company we have ever used and would hire again.

Description of Work
soffit repair, garage trim repair, replacement of trim and T-11 on shed

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for writing this review and I am glad that we were able to get your work done earlier than expected.

05/13/2022

John D.

We had a great relationship with the Beantown staff and workers. They are all very hard working people and strive for your satisfaction. Our project was a complete home makeover of our 28 year old house, Roof, siding, doors and windows. Jim Delprete was very easy to work with and guided us through the process and selection of products. He was very responsive to any questions we had. Our house was transformed over a couple of weeks of work. We would highly recommend Beantown Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Exterior Home remodel

Category drywall, picture framing, gutter repair, insulation, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to read this detailed review. Especially now during Covid with all the delays in materials I certainly appreciate homeowners like yourself that are patient with the way things are and our efforts to get things still done in a timely fashion. Obviously if we can ever be of assistance again in the future don’t hesitate to give us a call.

04/28/2022

stephen C.

The owner is very honest person who does what he tells you, without any hidden fees. They where amazing from start to finish. A crew of 8 people came at 7 a.m. and worked till 7:30 at night for 2 1/2 days to complete, the crew was very kind and hard working making sure everything was done correctly. Our deck is up next and From seeing the quality of work I know it will be amazing. If you are looking for a honest no nonsense company I would Highly recommend Beantown!!!

Description of Work
Windows, siding. Deck

Category decks, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39713708

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write this great review! We try our best to get the work done quickly without sacrificing quality. We're looking forward to working on your deck!

04/27/2022

Daniel M.

Beantown did a fabulous job on refinishing our basement after our basement flooded! The workers we polite, attentive to our needs and did an excellent job on our basement! We love how everything turned out! It was exactly what we wanted! Quality work all around!

Description of Work
Basement refinishing

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39711912

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad you love everything. Let's hope your hot water tank doesn't blow a third time!

04/19/2022

robert M.

Beantown Home Improvements completely transformed our home. After several months of research, quotes, and hesitation we chose to move forward with Beantown Home Improvements. Jim had done some work for us in the past and after seeing his company grow some more over the years we knew we could trust his company again. Beantown was upfront with all the details, cost, and timeline. His employees were very professional and courteous. Each day his crews showed up and worked from sun up till sundown. Each day the work site was cleaned up as if no one was there. There was constant communication throughout the entire project. We were blown away by the transformation of our home when the project was complete. Beantown Home Improvements does not disappoint. We will continue to recommend Beantown Home Improvements to everyone.

Description of Work
New roof and Siding

Category roofing, siding, skylights

Work Completed On 04/19/2022

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write this detailed review so others can see the wonderful experience that you had with us. It was truly our pleasure and if we can ever be of assistance again in the future don’t hesitate to give us a call.

03/30/2022

Michelle K.

Derek and his crew were incredible. They were on-time, worked their butts off and was able to complete our difficult roof project in 2 - days. Derek is the Project Manager and I can't say enough about his professionalism. I highly recommend Beantown! Hire them... you won't regret it!

Description of Work
Roof and skylight installation

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your roof had quite a bit of rot and your fascia had several issues as well and luckily we were able to solve those issues without breaking the bank! If you need anything further from us don't hesitate to call!

02/18/2022

Fred R.

Jim and the whole crew at Beantown were very helpful and professional. They did the job as promised, on time and cleaned up after. I would highly recommend Beantown Home Improvements for any of your home improvement needs.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

Thanks so much for the review [Member Name Removed] and thank you again for your service to this wonderful country!

01/21/2022

Sandy P.

From the first site visit/estimate with Jim, the owner, to the completion of our new roof, it was such a pleasure working with Beantown Home Improvements! He (and Samantha, Derek, Eli, and the entire crew) patiently led us through the entire process, answering every question, helping us on color choices, and on and on providing their expertise and support throughout. During the install, the crew was punctual, hardworking, meticulous with their craft, professional, and took great care with our home and property. The project was finished on-time and on-estimate. They even went above and beyond by helping remove old cedar shingles and prepping multiple cheekwall areas adjacent to the roof for a future project we were planning. And the install was not easy, as our roof is large with many angles and cheekwalls to contend with – not to mention that it was done in late December during cold temps and some inclement weather. Honesty and integrity are important to us and are usually hard to find these days, especially in the construction sector. However, you’ll certainly get honesty and integrity, along with an amazing outcome on your project when using Beantown. We so highly recommend!

Description of Work
New Owens Corning Roof in Onyx Black

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39605364

It was a pleasure to work with you and [Member Name Removed] for the install of your new roof and appreciate the detailed review you wrote for other potential customers to read. If we can be of assistance again in the future, just give us a call!

12/17/2021

Jeff M.

Beantown does great work, end of story. The owner, James, is always quick to respond with what he thinks is best for my home. His crews are on time and extremely polite while they work. My wife and I are always impressed by the quality of work. I highly recommend Beantown for any and all home improvement projects.

Description of Work
Deck rebuild

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed] always a pleasure to work with you once again on this new deck refresh. Do let us know if you need our services again in the future.

12/15/2021

john K.

The crew arrived on time, did an excellent job removing the old shingles, installing the new roof and the cleanup was superior. Derick the on site supervisor took pictures before and after and explained everything very well. I have held a CSL for many years and would recommend this company because of the professionalism, quality of work and attention to detail that they exhibit.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 12/07/2021

Thank you very much for the kind review.

12/02/2021

Christine S.

This team was professional and truly caring from the start. They were not the cheapest guys in town, but not the highest either! The materials were first rate and they treated us like they would their own family. Eli, Derek and Samantha, thank you. Call these guys!

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Thank you [Member Information Removed] for taking the time to write this review we certainly appreciate it.

11/21/2021

Scott W.

We just want to mention that both Brian and Pat are the two nicest, punctual, hard working, efficient and reliable guys we have ever had working at our house. With people like them working for you we are so glad we chose Beantown Home Improvements for this deck project. We can’t thank you enough for another outstanding quality job and look forward to doing business again in the future.

Description of Work
Deck Remodel

Work Completed On 11/21/2021

It was our pleasure working with you once again and appreciate the kind words.

11/08/2021

james A.

We are very pleased with the outcome. We couldn't afford to rebuild the entire deck so Beantown did what was necessary to keep it safe and looking great. Brian and Pat did beautiful work. They came on time, worked diligently and kept the site clean. They were pleasant and respectful of our needs and budget.

Description of Work
A large deck needed refurbishing