Beantown Home Improvements, Inc.

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2014

Super Service Award Winners Every Year since advertising on AL: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021. 3rd Generation family owned and operated Exterior Experts specializing in Asphalt & Rubber Roofing, All types of Siding: Vinyl, Cedar, Polymer, Fiber Cement & Stone, New Construction &

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile imageRear of the homeOther side of rear

Marshfield Exterior Rehab: Roof, Doors, Slider, Deck & Siding

decks & porches

201902050
We did quite a bit of work on this home on Holly Rd in Marshfield We boxed out the old brick chimney so that it could be covered with new vinyl siding.We pulled apart the old front columns boxed out in pine and re-wrapped them in solid Azek PVC.On the back deck, we simply removed the old deck boards, replaced some rotten joists and then refreshed the deck with new Azek decking.We installed a new Harvey Tribute vinyl slider with blinds between the glass.We installed a new Owens Corning Onyx Black architectural roof.We installed a new solid PVC exterior shower to replace the old wood one. We finished this job off by removing the old brick on the front of the home, building out the wall and removing the cedar shingle siding, replaced quite a bit of rotten wood, wrapped the walls with Henry Blueskin VP-100 and then installed Certainteed's Monogram horizontal woodgrain clapboard in Midnight Blue with white trim, white gutters and a new decorative front door header with pilasters. Customer is super happy and so are we.
View project

roofing (101)siding companies (78)window replacement (40)door installation (36)skylight installation (23)flooring (1)gutter repair (38)decks & porches (38)woodworking (24)interior painting (9)drywall (8)electrician (7)

01/02/2023

Steve E.

Based on a friend's recommendation, we added Beantown Home Improvement to our list of potential roof and gutter replacement providers. We were impressed with Eli's thorough quote, attention to detail and competitive pricing. We ultimately hired them and Eli and Derek were very responsive and professional throughout. They kept us well informed during the whole process, which included prompt rescheduling due to a winter storm. We are apprentice of the professional, hard working and tidy crew. The roof and gutters look great ( and were immediately tested the day after installation with 60 mph winds!). We would not hesitate to recommend Beantown or hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter Replacement

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to review us and your experience with my team. Like you said nothing beats a battle tested roof with a 60mph storm and heavy rain! If we can ever be of assistance again in the future don't hesitate to call.

Bruce L.

Great! Beantown is a pleasure to work with. They are responsive, organized, friendly, respectful of the neighborhood, and neat. Decks are more involved than I had realized. We had constraints on what we could do with our existing side deck and with a new rear deck due to their proximity to our neighbor's property line. Beantown helped us work through those issues and worked with the Town to get an approved permit and they worked with us to make sure the deck was following our wishes. The deck and portico team (Brian and Patrick) were a joy to have around! They rebuilt our side deck in a way that gave us more usable space, and it flows seamlessly into the new rear deck. I recommend them enthusiastically. The portico and decks were only one part of the work that Beantown did for us. Also see my review for SIDING and ROOFING.

Description of Work
rebuilt from portico. Rebuilt existing side deck and added a landing and a new rear deck. This might all sound easy, but their careful work has added a lot of value to our house and has made my wife very happy!

Category decks

Thank you for writing this review. You home is one of those that make for an outstanding before and after having and entire facelift done. If we can ever help again please don't hesitate to ask.

Bruce L.

Beantown is a pleasure to work with. They are friendly, responsive, organized, respectful of the neighborhood, and they do very good work. i am super-pleased with their results.

Description of Work
Removed old siding and installed: vycor vapor barrier; low-E insulation wrap; CertainTeed Cedar Impressions siding; leafguard gutters and shutters.

Category siding

Bruce L.

Beantown was great to work with. They are responsive, polite, organized, neat, and they do great work. After dropping off the dumpster, they replaced the roof on my Dutch Colonial house in one day. After the roof was finished two other teams came in to replace all of the siding and rebuild the front portico and side deck and also add a deck extension. See also my review under Roof replacement SIDING and DECKS_and_PORCHES.

Description of Work
Roof was replaced. Note that the price below includes a discount because I had other work done as well.

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for writing this review. You home is one of those that make for an outstanding before and after having and entire facelift done. If we can ever help again please don't hesitate to ask.

11/25/2022

bob H.

Beantown Home Improvement did a great job on my project. They showed up on time and competed the work as scheduled. I got what everybody wants – a quality job at a fair price, and I know from experience, you don’t always get that.

Description of Work
I had new windows installed; part of my roof replaced, and the cedar shingles on the rear of my house replaced. They also did some gutter replacement and lattice work as well as installing a new storm door.

Category replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind review, we appreciate it.

11/17/2022

Joe M.

Beantown Home Improvements is the best in the business! Jim and his team are remarkable! They were friendly and helpful throughout the entire process I could not be more pleased with the work that was performed, not only did they install a quality roof that will last for many years but they were clean, respectful, and took pride in a job well done. Make Beantown Home Improvements your first choice for your next project

Description of Work
Roof installation

[Member Name Removed] we appreciate the review and even more so appreciate your service to this wonderful country. If we can ever be of assistance again don't hesitate to ask.

11/13/2022

Frank M.

My husband and I re extremely happy with the work Beantown Home Improvements did on our porch and roof. Everyone we've talked to says it looks like the new work has always been there. Jim was extremely responsive to all of our questions and concerns and both crews (the construction crew and the roofing crew) were extremely professional. The project start date was unfortunately delayed a few times, but it was well worth the wait and, once the work started, easy to see why - the crews care far more about doing the work right than doing it fast, and that's a tradeoff I'd take any day.

Description of Work
Redesigned our front porch and extended our roof to cover it; reshingled entire roof

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39944014

It was our pleasure working for your [Member Name Removed] and the front of the house has so much more appeal to it now. Hope we can be of assistance again in the future.

10/13/2022

Erin S.

Went great! Explained all aspects of the job, went over it when complete. Cleaned up and they were very organized. Super friendly team and would absolutely use them again. We have used for a few projects around the house in fact!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/23/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for writing this review I appreciate it. You know where we are if you ever need assistance again!

09/27/2022

Brian M.

Jim and team did a great job. From start to finish when I first reached out to Jim he was super responsive. Always replied to my questions or concerns within minutes. I switched from cedar shingles to James Hardie shingles and I am very happy with the outcome. I was away and what I returned the job was complete, like coming home to a new home. Great job and strongly recommend!

Description of Work
New siding in outside of house, windows, gutters

Category electrician, gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/17/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39888504

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. You will certainly be a lot happier with the Hardie Shingle over the cedar with no maintenance!

09/03/2022

Brandon G.

Beantown replaced siding on 3 out of 4 sides of my house with Hardie fiber cement plank boards; they tore down an old deck and built a new one in its place; and they removed and replaced a sliding patio door. Very professional company that uses high quality materials and left me feeling confident that they would do the job better than many alternatives. Jim, the owner, was there to answer my many questions from the quote phase all the way through to completion and even afterward. His responsiveness is exceptional and appreciated. The crew was punctual and incredibly fast - I couldn't believe they took down my old siding and installed new siding in 3 days. Amazing. My house and new deck look awesome. I appreciate the whole company's professionalism, helpfulness, and friendliness. They registered my products and sent my warranties promptly, and they also gave me some good tips and pointers that made me feel more knowledgeable about my home and new deck/siding. Price-wise, I would say they are higher than average, but it's more important to me that the work on my home is done right, not done cheaply, and that the contractor is honest, which is why I went with Beantown for this project. I wasn't disappointed and would hire them again, but I did have to forego some additional deck work that I had hoped to have done because it was starting to go beyond my budget. Jim was open that the cost of decking at the time of our project was more expensive than usual, so I appreciate his candor. In terms of honesty and professionalism, Beantown is the best contractor I've ever worked with. If I were to offer any suggestions for improvement, it would be that some of the detail work on the siding (i.e. a noticeably rough cut on a siding plank in one spot above a small roof) and post-siding cleanup could have been more thorough. I'm still finding nails around my house, and that's to be expected, but there were also nails and debris left on my roofs. Not a huge deal, but for the cost, I would have appreciated more attention to those kind of details, especially when it's hard for me to clean up on my own. I also did not realize that the siding work was going to cause as much intense vibration as it did, and I did have a potted plant fall off of a shelf and shatter, so it would have been nice to have that head's up. Now I know for next time. Overall, Beantown is a trustworthy, punctual, professional contractor that does high quality work. I would hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Siding, decking, patio door

Category decks, siding, doors

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

Thank you for taking the time to write this [Member Name Removed]. The siding and deck look great and that new door of yours I bet operates a lot smoother than your old one. If we can ever help again don't hesitate to ask.

08/26/2022

Karla F.

Working with Jim and Derek for our Roof and siding was a great experience. From the first time Jim came to our home for a quote he was not pushy or just trying to make a sale. He was able to answer all my many questions and made us feel comfortable with make a huge upgrade on our house. The crews that were sent out to our house did an amazing job! Were friendly hard working and got our house done quickly. Highly recommend for home upgrades!

Description of Work
Replacing a roof over our Porch and Residing out house in Vinyl

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 08/26/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. The back roof area we did and the siding came out great. Glad we could get your home to where you wanted it to be!

08/10/2022

Kathy T.

Excellent Beantown Home Improvements did an excellent job. They were a pleasure to work with. The workers were very professional and did excellent work.

Description of Work
new gutters & siding

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39831318

Thanks much [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. The house looks great. If there was anything we could do better to improve to get that 5 star review please let us know.

07/20/2022

Stevie J.

Beantown’s team was extremely professional. They showed up early every morning to get the work done & kept me informed with updates every step of the way. The constant contact helped me understand everything that was going on and allowed me to provide my input on any last moment updates. I plan on using Beantown for all my home projects in the future!

Description of Work
Decking & Porch Rebuild

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/15/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39807200

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Working with you was great and easy. Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

07/19/2022

Travis W.

I recently had Beantown complete a significant siding upgrade on my house and large detached garage. From the very beginning Beantown made it incredibly easy to pick a product and a color that we'd love for years to come. Understanding the current issues with supply chain, Beantown communicated well so we knew when our work would be completed. When it came time to do the install, the crew that worked my project were simply artists. To say I am pleased with the outcome of my siding project is an understatement. I specifically want to call out the work they did around my AC/mini-split connections that just made the install on the side of the house look even more impressive. I would absolutely recommend Beantown to anyone interested in the services they offer, and I plan to use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
New siding install on house and detached garage

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks for taking the time to review us! It was great working with you. We hope if you ever need any other work that you give us a call.

07/15/2022

Sharon K.

Beantown Roofing We recently were faced with the decision to have to invest in a new roof. After interviewing a few companies. 1 stood out from the rest. The rep from Beantown, Elias, was great. He was not only knowledgeable and professional but thorough, patient and was a pleasure to deal with. The choice was clear. After finalizing details we gave the commitment to move forward. Beantown on site Manager Derek took it from there. On install day he showed up by 7am with a crew ready to go He was also very professional, courteous and thorough explaining the process and what we could expect. Not only did his crew get right to work but Derek had a drone that he would fly and operate to document with real time photos of the work being done at various stages which was very cool. We have a good size Colonial home with sun-room and 2 car garage. They not only did incredible work on our roof but new fascia, gutters and downspouts throughout. All work done was top notch. Even the clean up process was impressive. By 8pm they were done, job completed, and every nail, staple or bit of trash found its way in the dumpster. Thank you to Elias, Derek and his amazing crew. We could not be happier. Mark & Sharon Marshfield

Description of Work
New roof on home.

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39799496

Thank you very much for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. It's always great to hear of the wonderful experiences customers have with with everyone that works for me and how happy you are overall. Hopefully we can be of assistance again in the future.

06/08/2022

stephen K.

The service and work that Beantown provided was outstanding! From the very prompt and efficient estimate by Jim to the completion of the work from the workers everything was outstanding. Derick the project manager and his team with Tony, and others were here early on the day the work started and worked extremely hard the entire time they were here. When they left, the room was all cleaned up and it was like they were never here, except for the outstanding job on the installation of new skylights! They did a tremendous job, and they removed the old skylights that were leaking and installed the correct skylights for the pitch of our roof. We are extremely pleased with how the work was performed and how nice they now look. Previously the trim on the inside was all damaged from the leaking and continued to leak and show water stains. They repaired the trim also and now it looks fabulous and does not leak at all! It doesn't even look as if there is glass in the skylights as they are so clean and installed correctly! What an outstanding job Beantown did in a very timely and efficient time frame. The job was completed within 3 hours! We have already gotten an additional estimate for our main bathroom shower and will definately be proceeding with more work from Beantown. These guys and this company are top notch contractors and so easy and professional to deal with (and reasonably priced too)!

Description of Work
Replace Skylights

Category skylights

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

[Member Name Removed] I want to first say thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It truly seems like we meet and exceeded your level of expectations and couldn't be happier about that. We look forward to working with you again.

05/14/2022

Karin T.

From day one day their level of professionalism was off the charts. Not one of my concerns went unanswered. Quick responses.. everyone of projects went smoothly and on point. We went with the Harvey windows and Harding siding(deep ocean blue) and black roof.. Jim and his teams were fantastic!! I highly recommend this company! You will not be sorry…

Description of Work
Roof, windows, siding,trim,gutters

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

Thank you very much for writing this kind review on your experience with us. It certainly was a pleasure doing business with you, we could not be happier with how your home came out!

05/13/2022

Jamie R.

Beantown Home Improvements did an excellent job. The owner kept us updated leading up to the work. The team came a day early around 7:30 and were done by noon. By far the most professional contracting company we have ever used and would hire again.

Description of Work
soffit repair, garage trim repair, replacement of trim and T-11 on shed

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for writing this review and I am glad that we were able to get your work done earlier than expected.

05/13/2022

John D.

We had a great relationship with the Beantown staff and workers. They are all very hard working people and strive for your satisfaction. Our project was a complete home makeover of our 28 year old house, Roof, siding, doors and windows. Jim Delprete was very easy to work with and guided us through the process and selection of products. He was very responsive to any questions we had. Our house was transformed over a couple of weeks of work. We would highly recommend Beantown Home Improvement.

Description of Work
Exterior Home remodel

Category drywall, picture framing, gutter repair, insulation, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to read this detailed review. Especially now during Covid with all the delays in materials I certainly appreciate homeowners like yourself that are patient with the way things are and our efforts to get things still done in a timely fashion. Obviously if we can ever be of assistance again in the future don’t hesitate to give us a call.

04/28/2022

stephen C.

The owner is very honest person who does what he tells you, without any hidden fees. They where amazing from start to finish. A crew of 8 people came at 7 a.m. and worked till 7:30 at night for 2 1/2 days to complete, the crew was very kind and hard working making sure everything was done correctly. Our deck is up next and From seeing the quality of work I know it will be amazing. If you are looking for a honest no nonsense company I would Highly recommend Beantown!!!

Description of Work
Windows, siding. Deck

Category decks, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39713708

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write this great review! We try our best to get the work done quickly without sacrificing quality. We're looking forward to working on your deck!

04/27/2022

Daniel M.

Beantown did a fabulous job on refinishing our basement after our basement flooded! The workers we polite, attentive to our needs and did an excellent job on our basement! We love how everything turned out! It was exactly what we wanted! Quality work all around!

Description of Work
Basement refinishing

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

Review for Beantown Home Improvements, Inc. - 53 Plain St, Middleboro, MA - 39711912

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad you love everything. Let's hope your hot water tank doesn't blow a third time!

04/19/2022

robert M.

Beantown Home Improvements completely transformed our home. After several months of research, quotes, and hesitation we chose to move forward with Beantown Home Improvements. Jim had done some work for us in the past and after seeing his company grow some more over the years we knew we could trust his company again. Beantown was upfront with all the details, cost, and timeline. His employees were very professional and courteous. Each day his crews showed up and worked from sun up till sundown. Each day the work site was cleaned up as if no one was there. There was constant communication throughout the entire project. We were blown away by the transformation of our home when the project was complete. Beantown Home Improvements does not disappoint. We will continue to recommend Beantown Home Improvements to everyone.

Description of Work
New roof and Siding

Category roofing, siding, skylights