Reliable Overhead Door

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2003

We have been Installing and Repairing Garage doors and Electric garage door opener for over 30 years. We can service all major brands. There is no repair to small or large that we can't do. We offer FREE estimates on all new installations...

Metro Door Boston

Metro Door Boston serves the needs of residential Garage Doors in Boston, MA and the entire metro area, as far north as New Hampshire and Western Massachusetts. We offer same day service, the highest quality products with the best customer service around. We have a vast selection of new overhead doors and offer the latest automatic openers with the newest technology including iPhone and internet capabilities, so we can help our clientele with anything from light duty commercial doors to handmade doors including stained wood, steel and vinyl carriage house doors to roll up door designs to specialty doors.

Lowell Overhead Door

Garage door repair and replacement

10/01/2021

Fast, reliable, friendly and a great price. One of the best companies I've had the pleasure of dealing with. I would recommend Jay and his crew to anyone.

Description of Work
Needed a new garage door opener

06/06/2020

Jay replied to my call immediately and came over to make temporary fix so I can use the garage. Then he ordered the spring and came back again to install it. Very nice guys and excellent job!

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

08/01/2017

It was excellent. They were on time courteous and friendly. It's been about a year since they came out and it's holding up well. The garage door is still running great!

Description of Work
They did a whole replacement of my garage door opener for the motor and some weather sealing around the door.

01/17/2017

They were excellent. They were here when they said they would be. They were very courteous, polite and informative. They found the defective part and replaced it. They had the part with them. I would use them again and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They replaced a defective part in the garage door motor.

07/21/2016

Jay did a great job and the price was reasonable

Description of Work
Fixing of one of the garage doors

03/28/2016

Jay and Scott came over as scheduled and only took 40min to replace my old opener with a new one, which is running very smoothly and quietly. Thanks for the great service!

Description of Work
Replace my old garage opener with a brand new one

02/25/2016

One of the springs on one of my two garage doors broke. I decided to replace both springs on both doors. On the first visit he did not have the right spring for replacement. The following week he came and replaced all 4 springs. Later I noticed that the safety cable did not go through the last loop in one of the springs so I called him. He came back within a week and fixed that. He did not charge until the work was fully done and did not charge for repeated visits. The final price was the lowest among the 3 or 4 places I called and exactly within initial estimate. He was always professional. He always either picked up the phone or called back shortly after I had left a voicemail.

Description of Work
Replaced both extension springs on two garage doors

02/08/2016

My garage door would only open about 1 foot. It seemed as if the cables were twisted. i purchased Jay's $89 garage special that tunes up your garage door and replaces rollers. Jay answered his cell promptly and when I described my problem he was happy to see if he could come out later the same day depending on the snow storm. He was actually here working on my garage within two hours having completed his pre-existing appointments and the snow storm just beginning. Turns out the heavy door required some adjustments to the motor. Then Jay and his assistant performed a tune up and within the hour he was finished. Thank you Jay great job.

Description of Work
Service call to repair door that only opened about 1 foot. Adjusted motor for weight of the door, oiled, and adjusted tension on cables.

12/10/2015

We called Reliable Overhead Door for the first time when our 20 years old garage door snapped a spring. We had wires hanging from the rail and had no idea on what it would take or cost to repair it. We were so fortunate to have found Jay and his crew member, who got us a quick appointment, arrived promptly at our home, repaired the door and did a tune-up on it while there all for a great price. He even reminded us of the discount coupon. Jay is very professional, prompt, responsive, thorough personable and honest explaining all work that was done. All this and we were thrilled with the price. I highly recommend Reliable Overhead Door and definitely would use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired Garage Door

12/07/2015

Very Fast, very efficient. This is the second time I have used them, and I would do so again.

Description of Work
Replaced automatic garage door opener due to it's age (and it stopped working).

Category garage doors

Sales & installation - garage doors & openers. Residential & commercial.

Check, Visa, MasterCard