Mr. Appliance of NE Massachusetts

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2009

Methuen, MA 01844

Mr. Appliance specializes in appliance repair and maintenance to keep your appliances in peak working condition. But repairing your appliances is only part of the job. Our goal is to deliver superior service by taking extra steps to protect your home and become your preferred appliance repair expert. Calling Mr. Appliance ensures: * Prompt, efficient attention * Our "leave no trace" clean-up commitment * A solid quote before the service begins - no surprises * Courteous and skilled in-home service professionals * Never an over-time charge - we charge by the job, not by the hour * All work & parts guaranteed Mr. Appliance is locally owned and operated and is part of the largest and fastest growing full service appliance repair company in the world. When your appliances are in need of repair, contact the appliance repair experts at Mr. Appliance....

04/28/2014

John G.

Description of Work
Fix a dishwasher - the door wasn't clamping properly. Also fix an ice dispenser on refrigerator (only emptied the bucket that moved the ice to the dispenser - didn't fix the problem - charged $50 for this 5 minute job of removing the bucket, removing the ice and replacing the empty bucket). They also refused to accept a coupon from the Angies List computer site.

04/22/2014

Dina W.

I was in a hurry since I had no way to cook dinner. They were kind enough to squeeze me into an already busy day. The technician wasn't able to come before the end of business hours, but said he was willing to work late if it was okay with me. Yes indeed, it was okay with me. He was able to fix the problem and had me back in business in short order. The price was reasonable, especially for after hours. I really appreciate that I was able to strike this problem off the list without needing to take additional time off work. I also appreciated a hot meal once he was finished. I will not hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Repaired my stove.

03/06/2014

Teresa S.

Left detailed message of service needed and never received a call back.

Description of Work
Contacted for repair for gas cooktop

10/10/2013

Gary G.

We had an issue because they left an active leak under my sink. When I went away for a few days and came back it had created a puddle underneath my sink totally discoloring my cabinetry under there. They had mentioned it to me as they started the work but then they said it was okay and suggested that I should have it looked at as well. I regret having it not looked at right away but it looks like they left me with an active drip; this was not the impression that I had. I feel that they were not very helpful in this way.

Description of Work
I used Mr. Appliance for fixing a dishwasher.

06/10/2013

Ruth R.

They replaced broken part quickly and easily. Then they noticed that the handle, although it works fine, is also broken. If they had thought to ask me if there was anything else needed on the machine, I might have thought to mention that. It seems like a big price to pay for such a minor repair.

Description of Work
replaced plastic wheel on dishwasher shelf.

06/08/2013

Susan B.

He was on time, he ordered parts and returned to install them.

Description of Work
Repaired ice maker on refrigerator and repaired dishwasher.

03/20/2013

ERIC P.

Received Mr. Appliance and another repair peron's name and number from my stove manufacturer. So glad I checked Angie's List first, as the people who were closer had an awful review! Called Mr. Appliance today, expecting to make an appointment for next week. They sent Carlos out to my house within the hour! He looked at the stove, diagnosed the probelm (faulty ignighter) and had a replacement part in his truck! Within two hours of my phone call, the stove was working again! They're not the cheapest around, but still resonable prices. And for the speed and responsiveness, I don't mind paying a little more! Definitely will do business with them again!

Description of Work
Repaired oven

12/26/2012

edward K.

terrific

Description of Work
repair of various appliances

05/30/2012

Doug A.

I enjoyed taking with the serviceman.

Description of Work
They fixed the washing machine. They were very good.

05/25/2012

Anjali M.

After an initial evaluation I was told parts would be ordered and the repair completed. My only issue was that I was not told how much the parts would be. The LED replacement cost way more that I thought it was worth - had I known the cost I would not have had that fixed. It was not essential.The downdraft has been properly repaired and works fine now.The repairman was very nice, courteous & professional. The company was very responsive

Description of Work
The downdraft was not working, also LEDs on the knobs on my gas range were dead. The downdraft was repaired and the lights on the knobs replaced.

05/16/2012

Kathy K.

Description of Work
We have 2 ice makers with our refrigerator. The one in the freezer had not worked for a while due to broken parts. The service guy scoped it out and determined that he had the necessary parts in his truck. The whole thing took about 1/2 hour and he left us as happy campers. We would definitely use them again.

08/15/2011

Dan G.

Requested service on a relatively new (1.3 years old) Fridgidaire dishwasher that wouldn't drain. We had already checked the filters, screens, and drain lines for blockages and the dishwasher still didn't work. Repairman came four days after initial contact, and was professional in all regards except that he was late because "his office staff didn't log our original call properly". Pulled the D/W out, and found a piece of ceramic (probably from a coffee cup or soup bowl) had become lodged in the drain motor gears, causing it to jam and not work. He cleaned out the fragments and found that the same fragment or its dust probably caused the pump bearings to fail since it was noisier than normal. Based on that finding, we agreed to order a new pump which he didn't have in stock or in his office, so we arranged a second visit for the actual pump installation. That was completed today. A different tech came to our house on time, and had the pump replaced in less than 20 minutes. Both of the people were courteous, professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Price for both visits and the replacement was $210, which was a bit higher than I expected, but considering the level of service (extremely good for southern New Hampshire), I have no complaints and wouldn't hesitate to ask them back for another repair if needed.

Description of Work
Replacement of a drain pump on a Fridgidaire dishwasher.

06/13/2011

Beth W.

a

Description of Work
They came to diagnose my washing machine. The result was that 2 computers needed to be replaced, which would be more than a new machine. I didn't have further interactions with them (bought a new machine).

06/01/2011

Mike F.

My wife's elderly Wirlpool clothes dryer started making a funny noise a couple of weeks ago that steadily grew into an ungodly racket. Since we are moving in the forseeable future, we didn't want to take it with us, or have to buy a new one and take THAT one with us. New house, new appliances, that sort of thing. I sent Mr. Appliance an e-mail via Angies this past Monday (a holiday) briefly explaining our situation, early the very next day I got a call from them, they could have a tech out to us mid-afternoon. Sure enough, I got a call from Victor about 20 mins. prior to his arrival, he opened up the dryer, diagnosed the problem, went out to his van, got a replacement part (for a 22 year old dryer!!) and fixed it!! I was very impressed, my wife was thrilled we didn't have to spring for a new dryer...until we get to our new house. These guys are prompt, courteous and professional. Our dryer has a (temporarily) new lease on life thanks to them. Use them again? I hope we don't have to, but I would. Good work guys, you saved us from an unnecessary major expense.

Description of Work
They came out to our condo and repaired our clothes dryer.

03/08/2011

James S.

They are responsive. The work was good. I thought they were expensive. I might shop around a bit more next time.

Description of Work
I hired Mr. Appliance to repair a dishwasher.

07/08/2010

Michelle P.

Completed quickly and effectively I was able to head to work due to accurate scheduling.

Description of Work
Fixed switch in washing machine and ran cycle to assure fix soled problem.

06/30/2010

James C M.

came twice. Once to determine what to do and order/estimats. Second, to install.

Description of Work
Technician replaced a heating-coil in oven

01/15/2010

Jean R.

I had called the manufacturer about the problem, and Mr. Applicance was one of the local companies that they told me I could contact. Even though it wasn't an emergency, they got someone out here the next day. I was on a conference call wth work, so my husband took the repairman downstairs, but I spoke to him afterwards. He (Jimmy) had covers on his shoes, so he wouldn't track in any leftover melting snow, so I was very impressed with that. He thoroughly explained what had caused the problem and how to avoid it in the future, and left a detailed written analysis and recommendation. He also gave me some great (unsolicited) advice about getting the best performance out of our new dishwasher. I was very impresssed by his professionalism and his advice, and also that he liked my cat :-)

Description of Work
He checked out my new washing machine, which was leaving clothes so wet after the spin cycle that I had to run them through another spin cycle every time. (It was still under warranty, hence the $0 paid.)

11/09/2009

gerald C.

He was absolutely fantastic. He was recommended by the stove company. We?ll definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Mr. Appliance repaired our stove. He replaced the boil element on our stove. The last time we used him was four months ago.