Massachusetts Home Inspections

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2009

21 Winstead Ave

Methuen, MA 01844

Certified Master Home inspector for Buyers and Sellers in North Eastern Massachusetts. Fully insured. Thermal (infrared) Imaging, Termite inspection, Radon testing, and Water quality testing. FHA/VA approved inspections. Member, International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. I intend to be your "Building consultant for life". I have one goal in mind, consumer protection and education. Call me direct at (978) 685-1909. Additional email - masshomeinspection@gmail.com. Additional DBA - Massachusetts Infrared Imaging. Additional service areas - All cities and counties inside Route 495....

06/28/2021

Jeffrey G.

David was extremely professional and easy to communicate with. We set up the inspection months in advance, and he showed up on the Saturday we coordinated on time and ready to go. His inspection was very thorough and he was very knowledgeable on everything that I asked him. Additionally, all of the literature that he has put together for home-owner education was quite helpful. I would definitely hire David again if I needed another home inspection.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

Thank you kindly for your review [Member Name Removed]. Very much appreciated, Enjoy your new home.

09/21/2020

John C.

As a first-time home buyer, it was important for my wife and I to find an inspector that we could trust to walk us through the process with patience. Dave Valley absolutely delivered. He took the time needed to explain what he was doing and why he was doing it. During our inspection, Dave took on the role of not only inspector… but also educator. He was quick to key in on the things that were important from a safety or cost perspective; he was also great helping us understand what a repair or upgrade might look like. I would highly recommend David for a home inspection, an experienced home buyer will recognize his value right away and first time home buyers will appreciate his patience and ability to communicate in a way that even a beginner understands.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/22/2020

Paige C.

David was a pleasure to work with! He arrived early and prepared for the home inspection. It is obvious he is very knowledgeable in all things home related. David took the time to go over everything in detail, and answered any questions we had. As first time homebuyers, we really appreciated this. By the end of the inspection we had the report in hand and he also provided a home care manual which we will certainly be referencing in the future! With David's input, we knew we had found the right home! He was also really funny!! Thanks David!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your time in leaving your review. I appreciate it. Enjoy your new home.

03/14/2020

Matthew O.

By the time I got to the home inspection appointment David had already done a complete inspection of the outside of the home and was ready to go over it with me in great detail. We walked every inch of the outside of the house including the roof and went over any problem areas. He suggested issues that I would have to look at immediately and others that would have to be taken care of in the future. David is very knowledgeable and gave me a lot of insight into all aspects of the house including the plumbing, electrical, and utilities. He inspected every window and outlet in the house and even crawled through the attic space to check the air handler and filter that was hard to get to. I would absolutely recommend David to anyone looking for a home inspector in the Andover, MA area. He does his report on site and scans a copy directly to you before you even leaves the house. There are very tight timelines to complete the inspection in today's hot market so having the inspection report in hand right away is key to a smooth transaction. Two thumbs up for David!

Description of Work
Home Inspection, Water Quality Test, Radon Test

11/06/2019

Maureen G.

David Valley completed our home inspection and was excellent. He spent 4 hours combing over every nook and cranny in our new home and provided us with a comprehensive inspection report that we took back to the seller and renegotiated the asking price, saving us a considerable amount of money. Would highly recommend his services to family and friends in the future.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I love to hear that you were happy with my home inspection service. Enjoy your new home.

01/02/2019

Corey C.

David came to us through a referral by our realtor and we could not of been anymore happier with the service we received! David is very professional and a well educated individual and pointed out many items to us during our inspection that actually taught us how the home operates. In fact, his keen insights allowed us to receive a credit on our closing costs saving us some $$$$. His report is thorough and well documented with pictures making it very easy to read and understand. He goes above and beyond to provide you with what you need - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
General Home Inspection

10/12/2018

Mary O.

David was fantastic to work with! He was thorough in his inspection and even provided a home manual as a reference tool for protecting your home. Best money we spent! Highly recommend

Description of Work
Home Inspection

05/31/2018

Gary M.

David was excellent. He was responsive and helpful. He was extremely thorough during the inspection and the information he provided allowed us to negotiate with the seller. We had our report later the same day. The radon test results (an extra cost) took a few additional days to get from the lab. When I got to the house for the inspection (early) I found that David was already there and inspecting the exterior. I cannot recommend David highly enough!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/18/2018

David C.

I had an 8:30 appointment with David to inspect a home I was purchasing, I showed up at around 8:15 and He was already on site and starting the exterior inspection. He came right over and introduced himself and explained what he had looked at so far and had found some small issues that he explained in detail, we then walked the perimeter of the house and he was writing and explaining what he saw and possible resolutions to the small issues. He then did a complete inspection of the interior of the house and again was writing and explaining all the good things he was finding as well as any issues he indicated as a potential problem. David spent 3.5 hour doing the home inspection and was able to give us a detailed report of his findings before he left. I was very happy with David"s services,he followed up with an email containing the inspection detail and told us not to hesitate to call him if we had any further questions concerning the inspection. David was courteous, knowledgeable and very thorough during the whole inspection. I would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Home inspection

12/20/2017

Dennis G.

David was on time, easy to work with, and very honest. His inspection was extremely thorough and he offered opinions and advise whenever he was able to. Thanks to David, I was able to identify some issues that I had not known about, some issues that were worse than thought, and some issues that weren't issues at all (as identified by a different inspector). I would recommend David to anyone and everyone. In the world of home/property ownership, there is so much that can wrong when dealing with some many contractors. David gave me the information I needed to ensure all my decisions were well informed.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

12/14/2017

Ekaterini V.

David Valley spent three hours inspecting the exterior and interior of my house and discussing my concerns. He identified several issues I was not aware of, which alone justified the cost of the inspection. I was particularly impressed that he listened to me carefully, unlike some contractors who are dismissive of my questions — as if what could I, a woman, know about such things? Overall it was the best $485 I ever spent on my house. With David’s detailed report in hand, I feel armed to interview and assess general contractors for the work I need done.

Description of Work
I wanted an impartial professional to inspect my house before I brought in contractors to do major repairs.

10/12/2017

Jack L.

David is great. When I called him to have a quote, he returned calls quickly and was very patient to answer all my questions. On the inspection day, he arrived 20 min earlier, and did a careful inspection. His price is lower than most of other inspectors and service is great.

Description of Work
Home inspection

07/16/2017

Lisa F.

David Valley was excellent. We highly recommend him. Easy to schedule an appointment. Showed up on time. Spent hours answering our endless questions. Provided a written paper report on site. Dave was our favorite person in the entire stressful homebuying process!

Description of Work
Home insepction

07/10/2017

Valerie G.

David went through everything with us. He spoke to us with respect and professionalism. He is knowledable and made a point to explain things to us. Would and will hire him again.

Description of Work
Home inspection, radon test

06/08/2017

Alex S.

We had a great experience with David from Mass Inspections. He was not only friendly and thorough, he added a bit of humor to put our first-time homebuyer minds at ease. He explained everything in layman's terms and explicitly told us what would need to be addressed immediately and what could wait (and realistically how long it could wait). David was awesome and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone else in the market for a home inspection!

Description of Work
Home inspection

02/17/2017

shareen M.

It went very smoothly. He was thorough and responsive. He was professional and personable.

Description of Work
David completed a home inspection. He was on time and thorough. He was friendly and explained everything he was testing as he tested them. He went over all of the paperwork and was understandable. He has inspected multiple homes for me since 2014.

02/17/2017

shareen M.

Home inspections always go smooth with David. He is respectful, responsive, and professional. Overall A++++

Description of Work
David Valley has inspected multiple homes for me. I have been on the search for a great home since 2014. David Valley has been my home inspector since. He is thorough with this task and professional.

12/04/2016

Tomoko P.

David was on time and professional. He was thorough with his work and efficient. Provided us with a complete inspection report pdf emailed the day of the inspection. Would definitely use him again and recommend to others. Performed radon test as well.

Description of Work
home inspection

11/28/2016

Alba C.

As a 1st time home buyer i did some research, made couple of phone calls and after reading yelp reviews I decided to go with David. He responds within same day and shows up on time. He was very knowledgeable and thanks to him I learned a lot... and I have to say that because of David I got to know my house much better. He takes time to explain and re-explain to you what you need to do...I like the fact that David gives you a page/report for every section of the house (kitchen, living space, bathrooms, interior exterior etc)...You can get an idea of how detailed oriented the inspection is by looking at his website as well...do yourself a favor--- for some more bucks, get David and you will not regret it... Thanks David!

Description of Work
The provider gave us a detailed report for every section of the house (interior/exterior) and every room of the house- reviewing and analyzing ins and outs of every section/square footage of the house. Thanks to David I learned a lot. Thanks David!

10/14/2016

Michael D.

Very Good. Would use again and recommend to friends an/or family. Very thorough...

Description of Work
Home inspection on a recently purchased home

10/10/2016

Anthony L.

Perfect. David was prompt, courteous, responsible and professional. As a first-time home buyer he helped ease the process for me. He explained all his findings and was open to answering any and all inquiries I put before him. I would hire him again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him to others. In addition to the typical inspection I also requested two distinct radon tests: main and basement levels.

Description of Work
Residential home inspection.

08/11/2016

Leslie C.

Dave is great. He was thorough, patient with our questions, punctual (early, actually), and honest about what was good and what needs attention. He didn't sugar coat things (good), but also didn't make us feel panicked about the house we hoped to buy (also good). He was very responsive from my first phone call to schedule our inspection all the way through my follow-up questions afterward. His rates are competitive and we would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
standard home inspection + radon test

07/26/2016

Jessica L.

My fiance and I recently bought our first home! In the process, we used David from Mass Home Inspections. Around the area, there are certainly a lot of home inspectors to choose from. The realtor offered up several suggestions herself. However, after doing some extensive research and getting some quotes over the phone, I decided to go with David based off his outstanding Yelp reviews & his affordable price. I can't tell you how pleased I was with his service! When we showed up, David had already done the outside of the home and immediately provided us the results. He was thorough yet easy to understand, especially for first time home owners. This came true for everything inside the home as well. He was happy to answer all of our questions, gave us the truth about what he thought was or wasn't a major concern, and was extremely personable. We also got our report on the spot and he was willing to answer any questions then or later on. As long as he is around, I will not be going anywhere else for my home inspections for future homes. Go with David... you will definitely not be disappointed!!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

07/26/2016

Joseph S.

I highly recommend David Valley of Massachusetts Home Inspections for your home inspection needs. He recently inspected the home we are purchasing in Haverhill, MA. David spent hours going over every detail of the property from roof to foundation. Not only was he extremely thorough, but he took the time to explain every detail of what he was seeing. As first time home buyers, we were very grateful for the time he spent pointing on potential issues as well as potential solutions. He was very helpful and gave us priorities for what was essential to be repaired immediately and what things to keep an eye on and consider further down the road. He is also very willing to answer questions even after the inspection is complete. His rates are very fair, especially for the high level of service provided and he did not try to talk us into any unnecessary ad-ons. In addition, his attention to detail saved us thousands of dollars in negotiations with the sellers. I would definitely recommend David to anyone buying a home in the area and would absolutely enlist his services again myself.

Description of Work
Home inspection for purchase, including wood boring inspect and radon testing.

12/30/2015

Chris T.

This is our first experience with a home inspection and Dave helped make it as smooth as could be. He actually arrived early and performed almost all of the external inspection before we even got there. He did a great job of pointing out all the little things we wouldn't have known to look for ourselves, and provided plenty of detailed notes to review later. Dave was also responsive and professional throughout. From our initial contact, through answering any post-inspection questions. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a home inspector.

Description of Work
Single Family Pre-purchase Home Inspection & Radon Test