MasonWorks LLC

Founded 1988 • With Angi since October 2007

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+35 more images

masonry (453)hardscaping (192)stone & gravel (75)concrete repair (75)Patios (73)lawn & landscaping (69)snow removal (50)decks & porches (50)driveway pavers (41)excavating (39)foundation repair (29)marble & granite (25)

07/18/2022

Sean C.

These folks completed this work quickly and did an excellent job. The team was super professional and answered all our questions during the project. Providing better design ideas as issues came up during installation.

Description of Work
Pavers replaced on two patios and basement door retaining wall replaced

Category irrigation systems, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/18/2022

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39802922

07/02/2022

John S.

I worked with Masonworks in May 2022 on a big project to completely re-do my patio around my inground pool, driveway wall, and two sets of steps. I had a great experience from start to finish, primarily working with Bruno as my main point of contact. I’m a first-time homeowner who was taking on my first significant project at the house. I asked a lot of questions before I decided to partner with Masonworks on the project and Bruno was consistently helpful, timely, and patient in his responses. The project required coordinating with a fence installation company, as I was also putting up a new vinyl fence around the patio. Bruno came onsite a 2nd time before we signed our contract so he could meet with the fence company and make sure everyone was aligned on the plan. Also, I was allowed to go into their office in Woburn to see the pavers in person before finalizing my choice, which I appreciated. The work started on time and progressed as expected, which was important to me due to the coordination with the fence company and trying to keep the whole project on track. Bruno’s crew was respectful of the property and did a great job with the project. Towards the end of the job, Bruno and I did a walkthrough together and created a final punch list. His crew addressed all of the items on the punch list and the patio looks great. We received a lot of compliments from our neighbors while the patio was being constructed (it was visible to the whole neighborhood before the new fence was installed). I would definitely go with Masonworks again for future projects.

Description of Work
Patio, driveway wall, and two sets of steps

Category masonry, foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/31/2022

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39785966

Hello [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you on your very important backyard project and we are very glad to hear your complements. Our goal is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction even know it may be impossible on certain occasions but it’s our goal. I hope you and your family enjoy your new backyard patio and contact us for any future project. Best of luck to you and your family. Regards

06/23/2022

Jyrki A.

This project and the results were overall a great disappointment to us. Masonworks completed the retaining wall in only a few days, but it also turned out to be a rush job riddled with mistakes and problems. There are apparent code violations in the stairs they built. Granite caps were of small pieces, look shoddy. According to the contract Masonworks' rock-wall material was supposed to "match" with stone used elsewhere in our property, but it then turned out they actually used much lower quality rock with very high iron content that is now bleeding rust. Our driveway asphalt was very badly damaged. And the list of items that dissatisfy us goes on. It took a while until we became aware all the problems. We have since made several efforts to contact them (in many various ways) and resolve the matters, but their responses are belittling, aggressive, and offensive. They just call you crazy, the most terrible customer ever, accuse you of "contractor harassment", accuse you of non-payment (we paid it all on time), whatnot. The cost of having Masonworks' job fixed by someone else will be in five figures.

Description of Work
New retaining wall and stairs

Category excavators, lawn service, masonry, pavers, gravel, marble & granite, foundation repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39791978

Would you stop making false statements about your project. No one ever claimed about not getting paid. You called the police on us while we were performing our job. Followed the very detailed contract as it was written and specific for the stone wall, stairs. Your wife was asking to do more every day and thinking was everything was for free and didn’t want to pay for the extra. Your driveway was bad before we started the project and you were expecting to get new driveway if you only paid to get the wall done. No one ever called you crazy. We do respect all of our customers.

06/14/2022

Katherine C.

Everything about my experience with Masonworks exceeded my expectations. From the very first moment of contacting them through Angi's list through the completion of the project, I was 100% pleased. The communication up front about the project was timely and professional. The people who came on site took incredible care to not damage our existing landscaping while working VERY QUICKLY to complete the project. The finished results are absolutely stunning. I am beyond pleased with this entire experience and would HIGHTLY RECOMMEND this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Replacement of brick front steps

Category masonry

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39765736

06/13/2022

Nathan S.

We hired Masonworks, LLC to replace our front stoop and front walkway and they did an amazing job with the project from start to finish – professional and high quality work completed in a timely manner. Very responsive to answer any questions or concerns, took care of everything from permits to clean-up, and their crew worked non-stop to get the project done to give us a beautiful new front entrance to our home. Definitely would use them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of brick porch/stoop and walkway pavers

Category decks, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

02/16/2022

Jim A.

Jeff Souza and the entire crew of Masonworks are great. We have had Jeff work on a number of our projects over the years at our home and have always been very satisfied by the scope of the project, the management of the project, and the finished product. Highly recommend Masonworks and happy to provide this testimonial.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category decks, remodeling, chimney repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

02/14/2022

Gary S.

They replaced our large stone from wall that was crumbling along with adjacent concrete. They had a competitive price and were able to fro the job months before anyone else. They did an excellent job in a reasonable short time. Very happy with the results; I have also used theme for a patio and crushed stone walkway with the same quality. They are highly recommended

Description of Work
repair stone wall

Category concrete repair, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

01/18/2022

Juan B.

Job was okay, but transparency and communication on pricing was disappointing. I recommend that if you hire these guys either be prepared to pay more than quoted or have them be very clear about the total cost of the project to avoid surprises at the end.

Description of Work
Outdoor kitchen

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2022

Clients statement is a pure lie. We have a signed proposal with a set size for the kitchen and a set price for it. The description of the project is meticulous. The finished product is absolutely amazing. When the execution of the project was to be done I was away in vacation. Bruno, my business partner was there as he is the on site person. Client told Bruno that he had an agreement with me to make the kitchen 40% bigger. Bruno did believe him and made the kitchen larger. When I was doing the reconciliation for the project I noticed we lost money. I looked at the supplies and I noticed what happened. I then sent the client an invoice for the extra work done which he requested. After the exchange of some emails he wrote me: “I will leave a great review.” Well he left it but it is not truthful. We would never ask or even imply that any of our clients should extend or enlarge the project. We would never solicite. We respect our clients and will always be professionals.

12/30/2021

John D.

We searched a long time for the right contractor for our front railings. Jeff and Riccardo were fantastic. They provided detailed estimates and were able to answer all our questions. They also adjusted on the fly and we able to make a custom solution for us with beautiful wood railings with aluminum balusters. We've gotten multiple compliments from friends how sharp it looks. We have two small kids and were very concerned to be going into winter without railings (we are 33 steps from the street). Jeff was able to squeeze us in before the end of season. Riccardo and his team were out in the freezing temps finishing the railings. Everything came out great; communications were smooth throughout; and cleanup was perfect. I'd highly recommend this company - we plan to use them for home improvement projects in the future.

Description of Work
Railings for front porch and stairs

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

11/30/2021

Jon W.

Very well, work was done in a timely manner and had high quality/attention to detail.

Description of Work
Indoor stone fireplace surround and hearth

Category masonry

Work Completed On 11/26/2021

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39557332

11/11/2021

Marisol N.

Masonworks did a fantastic job building a patio into the hill of the backyard. The patio was completed according to schedule, the workmanship was exceptional, and the patio itself is not just functional but absolutely beautiful. Neighbors have walked over just to comment on how great it looks.

Description of Work
Patio built into a hill

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, mudjacking, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39540832

11/11/2021

Marisol N.

Masonworks did a fantastic job building a patio on my back yard into a hill. They completed the work as scheduled, the workmanship was of the highest quality, and the aesthetics of the patio are breathtaking. We've had neighbors walk over just to compliment us on the patio. Masonworks may be more expensive than other contractors, but there work speaks for itself.

Description of Work
Patio built into a hill

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39540818

08/31/2021

Michael S.

MasonWorks was taking over for a contractor who had run out of steam in mid-project, so it was challenging for them...and there were details left un-addressed by the original contractor. They showed up with the right number of people, then they said they'd show up. They immediately identified design issues, and solved them on the spot (a poor layout for the fire pit, and no border design). They free-handed a beautiful layout for the fire pit, and suggested a really nice border design. The job was started on a Wednesday morning. It rained like crazy on Thursday, and they finished Friday. This was after months of playing footsie with my previous contractor. The solved my problem, and left me with a gorgeous patio...quickly and professionally. They also stayed past 5:00 on the last day to get the job done quickly. So, smoothly done.

Description of Work
New patio and fire pit

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

Great working with you. Enjoy it

08/11/2021

Richard F.

From quoting the job to finishing up the team was super friendly and professional. They checked in several times to make sure we were on the same page regarding the layout and made excellent suggestions. After completing the masonry work they brought in loam which they graded very neatly and seeded with grass seed.

Description of Work
patios and sidewalks

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 08/11/2021

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39436314

I’m glad you’re happy with the end result. Enjoy it.

08/10/2021

Cecile B.

I initially worked with Junior who came by to give us a quote on several paving projects around the property. Scheduling an initial visit was easy and he was on time. His first was missing part of the work we discussed but he came back to retake some measurements and sent updated information. The quote was competitive, neither lowest nor the highest we got and based on reviews and references we decided to hire Masonworks for the patio part of this project (remainder will take place at later date). Getting a date for the project was quite difficult. I understand it is a busy time, this was a relatively small project and other variable affect timeline but I would go weeks without an update and was never able to get a general timeline (are we talking a month or 6months out). We were not in a hurry to get this done, just wanted to have an idea of when the project would get done. We eventually got a two days notice that work would be starting. I was surprised that no one came to finalize details, such as the exact shape of the patio. We worked that out the day off. The crew was there early and hard at work all day. The whole project was completed over one day which was quite impressive. They worked well and efficiently and cleaned everything before leaving. There was a small issue with a fence post that was bent when they pulled out their truck, but Bruno, the site manager, sent someone to get that fixed for us. we are overall pleased with the results, even if communication was sometimes a bit challenging.

Description of Work
remove old patio and install new pavers for larger patio

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

Great working with you. Thanks a lot

07/03/2021

Erik J.

The entire crew at Masonworks was a dream to work with. Their price was competitive with all other quotes we received. And their care and craftsmanship was as good as we could have hoped.

Description of Work
Installing paver patio and slate stone wall

Category landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

I’m glad we could please you. Grateful to be able to help you. Thanks a lot

05/28/2021

David T.

This job went off perfect. The quality of the work was excellent and it was done very quickly. I will hire again for another project in the future. We are thrilled with the end results, they even filled the planter bed with soil which was a nice surprise.

Description of Work
Built new walkway, planter boxes in the front and new drain in garage

Category concrete repair, masonry, marble & granite

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

Thank you for your trust. We appreciate you choosing us.

05/25/2021

Louise G.

Masonworks did a GREAT job installing my patio. Very professional from the first contact to the job completion- measurements and design were superb and the installation was timely, smooth, and very high quality. The price was very fair as well. I love my new outdoor space and would definitely use Masonworks again. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Patio installation - pavers

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/08/2021

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39344591

I’m glad we could come to par with your expectations. Thanks a lot for choosing us. Cheers

05/19/2021

Kayla D.

Work was done within the agreed time and ended up being done faster than expected. The quality of work was great. I am very happy with the results. The paver patio is exactly what I wanted and the yard is looking excellent. The price was probably mid-range to high-range for the project based on several quotes, but the work was done well and was able to be done in my desired time slot unlike other companies. We had a bit of miscommunication at the start about timing/materials, but it was quickly resolved and everything still ended up being done to the expectations set when I got the quote. Very happy with the project and would hire again in the future!

Description of Work
Paver Patio and Sod Installtion

Category lawn service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

Review for MasonWorks LLC - 83 Altamont Ave, Melrose, MA - 39337033

I’m pleased that you are happy with the work. Thanks a lot for choosing us.

11/10/2020

GLOVER T.

Excellent service. They do a careful and very good job removing snow. But most importantly, they are completely reliable. No worries about whether they will show up. Very nice and very responsive communications.

Description of Work
Snow removal for the season from driveway, sidewalk, pathway

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

11/09/2020

Ben W.

My condo association and our neighbors have hired MasonWorks for snow removal for the past two years. We have been very happy with their service. Our contact, Bruno, is easy to work with, and always readily available. I highly recommend MasonWorks.

Description of Work
Snow removal for two condo buildings (sidewalks, common driveway, back parking area)

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/30/2020

ALEX G.

Bruno and his team have been our condo association's contracted snow removal professionals for three years. We are very pleased with their reliability, their good work, and their communication.

Description of Work
snow removal

Work Completed On 10/29/2020