Done Right Landscape & Construction

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2010

PO Box 929

Melrose, MA 02176

From outdoor construction to breathtaking landscape designs. We will create a stunning backyard that will add value and lasting memories for many years to come. Done Right Landscape delivers on-time and on-budget every time. As one of the leaders in the landscape construction industry, our landscapers have been expertly serving the Metro Boston & North Shore areas for over 30 years. This includes residential and commercial landscaping projects in Wakefield, MA Installation of fences in Topsfield, MA and designing charming gardens in North Reading, and so much more. Let us bring your landscape dream to life and we'll create the outdoor living space you've always wanted, Done Right the first time! Additional email - info@donerightlandscape.com. Additional phones Melrose, MA 781-665-3200 Wakefield, MA 781-246-1211 Boston, MA 617-266-9666 Saugus, MA 781-231-9990. If messaging, please leave your name, phone number, and address. ...

11/20/2021

Mark F.

We have used Done Right Landscape in the past and, when we wanted to install a patio in our backyard, we did not hesitate to contact Bruce and his team. Bruce truly has a gift with landscape design. He treats your house and yard like it is his own. He always goes the extra mile. He came to our house on a Sunday, had his team begin working Monday afternoon and was finished by Wednesday. They installed a beautiful circular patio that truly exceeded our expectations. If you ever need any landscape services, do your self a favor and talk to Bruce and his team at Done Right. They are simply the best landscapers (and we have worked with several in the past).

Description of Work
Installation of new patio

Category landscaping, patios

09/17/2021

garrett B.

You know you hired the right guys when a neighbor calls to complement the job they did on your front yard. I first called Done Right just to haul out some yard waste, but Bruce was so easy to work with, I asked him to take a shot at the neglected trees and shrubs in the front yard. I'm glad I did. The property looks great now, and he fixed some bad pruning decisions I had made the previous year. Happy neighbors and tenants - thanks Bruce.

Description of Work
Tree and shrub pruning, yard waste removal

Category lawn service, tree service

08/22/2021

Debra M.

So happy i called Done Right Landscaping, Bruce and his crew wonderful to work with, timely, budget conscience, went above abd beyond my expectations! When they finished I almost didnt recognize by own house!!

Description of Work
Landscaping from scratch, synethetic grass, cobblestone border, spiral shrub, flowers, and lighting.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

07/23/2021

Barbara L.

I can't say enough good things about Bruce and his team. I reached out to him for a quote and he got back to me immediately. When we agreed on the job, he arrived the next day with his team and the job was complete in a couple of days. Bruce did not disappoint. He pruned a lot of trees and removed some smaller trees. He even removed an old rusted chain link fence. I gave Bruce the go ahead to design what he felt would look best. His work is outstanding. He truly is an artist with nature. I would highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Landscape Design

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

07/16/2021

Mauro S.

This is my 2nd time calling Bruce. As if the 1st time wasn't amazing enough I Wanted to completely transform the front of my house. There are simply no words to describe how professional and accommodating Bruce and done right were. I would be doing them no Justice to say they did a great job. The level of detail that got put into my property is unparalleled. When I 1st purchased my home The front was a complete disaster. Overgrown bushes, trees this it was an overall scary sight to see. Every time I pull into my home now it feels so inviting and I smile every time i pull into my driveway! Bruce I cannot begin to Tell you how much I appreciate your hard work and and professionalism to getting the job completed. You truly are the epitome of what a great landscape designer should aspire to be. I highly highly recommend him for anything you have to do whens it comes to beautifying your property. He will not let you down. From my family to yours thank you so much.

Description of Work
entire front house landscape design

Category concrete repair, landscaping

06/30/2021

Lou F.

I’ve known Bruce for many years, he values everyone and treats them as he would want you to treat his mother. He is highly motivated, focused on detail and turns clients into cheerleaders by delivering what he has promised. I highly recommend Done Right !

Description of Work
Yard make over

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, hardscaping

06/30/2021

Brian C.

I have nothing but great things to say about our experience with Bruce and his crew. Good quality work and quick. I called and within a few days they were on site starting the job. The work they did at our house came out phenomenal. If I could give more stars I would

Description of Work
Bushes removed and plants put in

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping

05/18/2021

Ashley B.

Done right landscaping is the best in the business. Bruce completely renovated my front yard, gave design ideas for the house to improve our home aesthetic. He also added in doing the side of my house completely free of charge to make it look as good as the front! I have hired 3 landscapers in the past to try to make my front yard look beautiful, but no one met my expectations until now. High quality, professional, above and beyond results. They came with 5 trucks, and did what was a whole week of work in a day period. I can not express enough how happy and grateful I am for this. I already had 4 neighbors reach out and compliment the work in the first day!

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping design

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, masonry, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

04/16/2021

Joni B.

I highly reccomend Bruce and his team at Done Right. From start to finish it was an incredible experience. Bruce provided excellent communication throughout the whole process. He explained every detail and what to expect. His team showed up everyday day on time and cleaned up before they left. They gave my property a much needed overhaul. Bruce is knowledgeable and has an amazing eye for design. I am really looking forward to the next phase and transformation of my home.

Description of Work
Property overhaul

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

12/17/2020

carole S.

Done Right came out to look at work and give a quote. He quoted $1200 which was outrageous, if I was taller and stronger, could have done the job myself. Additionally, he seemed rather indifferent to the whole thing. Hired another company for $400 who did a great job. Maybe Done Right does good work in other areas of their business, but I will never go back to get a quote from them for anything.

Description of Work
needed 3 trees trimmed, not a big job.

Category concrete repair, tree service

11/30/2020

Andrew J.

I used Done Right for this year's fall cleanup. They did excellent work!. Bruce even cleaned my gutters for no extra cost to me! I will be reaching out to them next year.

Description of Work
Fall yard cleanup

Category leaf removal

11/29/2020

David O.

Bruce Aleo is a very creative landscape architect who designed a beautiful front yard and back yard for my house. He took into account my functional requests and then he created a gorgeous design around the needs. His team at Done Right Landscaping then did a great job of building and planting it. He has also done very thorough jobs of fall cleanup, winterization, and bush/tree trimming. I can highly recommend Bruce for all your landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing, gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, architect

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write this wonderful review about us! It’s customers like you that are the foundation of our business!

11/12/2020

Nan W.

Exceptional VIP Customer Service! Done Right Landscape & Construction workmanship is second to none! We were so impressed with dealing with Bruce from our initial meeting and it wasn’t hard to make our decision. Done Right’s staff were diligent, astute and we’re very neat throughout the entire process. They were attentive, flexible and extremely hard working. Always making sure that we were comfortable and well informed during the entire project! Bruce turned our backyard into a 5-Star Resort that we will enjoy for many years to come. The hardscape around the pool that Bruce recommended has not only added value to our home but also gave us so much more outdoor living space then we could’ve imagined possible to give us an entirely different feel. He also installed a custom gas fire-pit with a circular patio and free standing bench wall with a bluestone coping. We’ve already recommended them to everyone who’s seen our backyard because the first question they say after seeing it is, WOW.. who did this amazing job?

Description of Work
Patio, walkways, coping around pool, hardscaping, fire pit, planting, mulching, irrigation, new aluminum fence, night lighting

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, tree service, architect, hardscaping, driveway gates, patios

11/05/2020

William D.

Bruce and his crew did a most excellent job going WAY above what I asked for. After discussing what needed to be done as well as agreeing on the cost for the project, Bruce asked if he could do a few little "touch ups" and I asked if the cost would increase and he said no. When I arrived home from doing a few errands, I was in "SHOCK & AWE" at what they did. Bruce and his crew trimmed all the bushes,pruned all the tree's and did a complete fall clean up!!! I said ,Bruce you didn't have to do that and he said.....I know I didn't have to do that ,I wanted to do that for you because I saw that you needed a little extra help. Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus and he works with DONE RIGHT LANDSCAPING!!!

Description of Work
old lawn needed to be removed

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service, architect

Thank you so much for writing this raving review and taking the time to share your Done Right experience! It means the world to us when we receive a compliment from our happy customers! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Call us anytime!!!

10/29/2020

tina P.

I highly recommend Bruce and team at Done Right Landscape. I wanted a chain link fence removed from my property replaced with a 6 foot vinyl privacy fence as well as some additional fencing and a gate to fully close off my yard. I got 3 estimates from local companies and decided to go with Bruce and I'm very happy with my decision. From the moment he showed up at my house for the estimate you can tell that he is very passionate and knowledgeable about what he does. He brings his tablet so he can give you a estimate on the spot and he took the time to go over different options and show me pictures/examples of things he's done for other customers. I decided to go with his company and his time estimate was 3-4 weeks due to COVID material supply backlogs (which was actually at least 2-4 weeks sooner than the other estimates I got). His timing was accurate and he started my fence within 4 weeks. Him and his crew got this project done in under 2 days, staying until 6-7 pm to make sure I'd have my fenced in yard by the weekend. The fence came out beautiful (see pics) and I've already gotten compliments from anyone who comes by. Bruce takes great pride in his quality of work and goes the extra mile for his customers. One example: he put down loam under my new fence to fill some gaps. He told me make sure you seed and fertilize that so the grass can grow. I started to ask questions about what to buy (because I am new to this) and he said actually don't worry about it, I'll come back tomorrow (a Saturday) and will seed and fertilize it for you. Sure thing, I look out my window the next morning to see not only had he put down seed and fertilizer, he was out there watering it with the hose. That is the type of extra service that is never expected but always appreciated. I found Bruce to be professional, responsive, and a perfectionist every step of the way...all important qualities in someone doing work on your home. I definitely recommend Done Right Landscape and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
fence removal and replacement

Category driveway gates

Thank you so much for writing this raving review about us! There’s nothing that pleases us more than a satisfied customer! It was such a pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again on future projects! Call us anytime!

10/26/2020

Henry G.

There are not many companies that provide excellent customer service these days no matter what they lead you to believe, but that is certainly not the case with DONE RIGHT LANDSCAPE & CONSTRUCTION, the Leading Landscape Construction Contractor in Eastern Massachusetts. We had a problem with the gate latch on our fence. I know how to make minor adjustments, but this was beyond my capability and it needed an expert to fix the problem. The beautiful yard was created by Done Right in 2015. Today I sent an email to Bruce Aleo, the owner of DONE RIGHT along with a couple of pictures of the gate latch problem. I did not expect a response until sometime later next week because today is Sunday (October 25, 2020). Totally unexpected and pretty unbelievable, my phone rang within an hour and it was Bruce. He stated that he would come over later in the day *** on a Sunday! He called me at 3:30PM and was at my house by 4PM. The problem was resolved within 15 minutes and I was so appreciative. Bruce’s focus is on perfection, excellence and the best possible customer experience. His customer relations are built on ensuring that everything is perfect and that the customer is always 100% satisfied. Done Right Landscape & Construction gets our highest recommendation for beautifully perfect and stunning outdoor living spaces. Addition: There was no charge for this adjustment which amplifies the perfection

Description of Work
Gate Latch Adjustment

Category architect

Wow, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write this amazing review on your experience of working with us through the years. It’s always a pleasure! We look forward to working with you again!

08/26/2020

Meredith B.

Done Right was exactly that Done Right!! Bruce and his team were wonderful and very professional. We can't wait to work with you on future projects!

Description of Work
Landscaping/Design

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, architect

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to work with you and it means the world to us to receive such a wonderful review. We greatly appreciate you and the trust you have placed in us! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and we look forward to working with you again whenever you need us!

08/23/2020

Jody H.

My landscaping had simply gone wild! Weeds had taken over and choked out many perennials. The soil was depleted of nutrients. I had removed a vegetable garden and needed to tie that space into the existing perennial beds. I had a vision and kept trying to do everything myself. It took a while to realize that I needed help. I researched many local landscaping companies and chose Done Right Landscaping based on the excellent reviews of many others. When I called, I was asked what kind of help I needed. I suggested sending lots of elves with lots pixie dust. While I'm pretty sure they weren't elves, Bruce's team did a fantastic job of bringing my landscaping back under control. They removed many overgrown shrubs, pruned others to bring them back to their beauty, weeded (no small feat!) and edged garden beds, amended the soil with new loam, applied mulch, and even repaired a stone pathway I had installed. The company name says it all...Done Right Landscaping!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this outstanding review on your Done Right experience! It was a pleasure working with you and we’re here whenever you need us.

07/11/2020

Julie W.

Done Right’s mission is to “do the job right the first time” and they did just that with my new white scalloped fence. My property was a nightmare with them hitting rock after rock, yet they made sure the entire fence is completely level and PERFECT! No other fence company would have ever done the job that Bruce and his crew did. They were beyond patient and absolutely crushed this job! I couldn’t be happier! Done Right truly surpassed all expectations and gets a 5/5 from this happy customer. Be smart and call Done Right the first time!

Description of Work
Vinyl Fence

Category landscaping, architect, driveway gates

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this outstanding review on your Done Right experience! It’s customers like you that are the foundation of our company! Don’t hesitate to Call on us anytime!

06/30/2020

Johannah P.

"Done Right" isn't just their name! It really was all done perfectly - Bruce came out to give us a quote and talk about our options right away. He could see possibilities that we never thought of, and created a great plan for the work. He had great tips and advice for us, as well. He gave us an idea of when he would be able to do the work, but was then able to come earlier, which was a happy surprise! He and his team got all the work done in record time, and we LOVE how it all looks! They did a wonderful job, and also went above and beyond - in addition to doing what was planned, Bruce also weeded/cleaned/washed our yard and patio to make everything look even better! He and his team didn't leave a speck of debris behind. We are incredibly happy with the work they did, and would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Trimming trees, removing plants, excavating dirt, creating proper drainage, installation of stone and mulch

Category landscaping

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to beautify your backyard and for taking the time to write this wonderful review! It’s customers like you that are the foundation of our business!

06/23/2020

Marc L.

Same day service hard working crew all day long on a 90 degree day. Satisfied with price and work.

Description of Work
Front of house low maintenance rock landscaping

Category lawn service, architect, hardscaping

06/20/2020

Mike M.

Tremendous. Bruce and his team are punctual and professional from start to finish. The team removed our dilapidated retaining walls and installed gorgeous new walls (with drainage) along with a new front walkway. This greatly enhanced our curb appeal. We were so impressed with their work that we hired them again to dig a trench to allow for electrical piping to our pool. They used the dirt to level out our yard, along with loom and seed. Next, they will be coming back to finish off our pool area with a cobblestone barrier encased with crushed stone. We've recommended Done Right Landscape to all of our neighbors, who are also impressed with what they've seen.

Description of Work
Retaining Walls, Front steps and walkway...and more

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, architect

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for choosing us for so many projects at your home! It’s been an absolute pleasure working with you and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your experience of working with us. It’s always a pleasure working with you both and we look forward to helping you with all your landscape and Hardscape projects!

06/07/2020

Kathryn J.

Bruce has done a fall clean up for us a few years in a row, prices are reasonable and service is excellent!

Description of Work
Fall Clean up and Tree Removal

Category lawn service, architect

Thank you Kathryn for your repeat business and for taking the time to share your Done Right experience here with others. Your business is always greatly appreciated! We look forward to working with you again soon!

06/04/2020

josef K.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ FIRST RATE CUSTOMER SERVICE! The best review that I can possibly give Done Right Landscape is the finished product was far superior than anything we could of ever imagined. The quality of the installI with the products used and the design exceeded all of our expectations. The total projects were finished ahead of schedule and on budget as in the detailed estimate. They’ve added value and curb appeal to our property that is eye catching! Bruce is very passionate and extremely creative and an absolute true professional! Best Experience ever working with a contractor!

Description of Work
Large paver patio and walkway. Aluminum fence with gate. Irrigation system. New lawn.

Category excavators, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, architect, hardscaping, driveway gates, patios

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to beautify your home and for taking the time to write this raving review on your Done Right experience! It’s customers like you that are the foundation of our business!

05/28/2020

mike V.

Bruce is an extremely professional and hard-working individual. A large branch fell down in my yard. Bruce was very prompt (called me back that day) and removed the branch promptly as well as cleaned up the yard. He has removed shrubs as well as trimmed shrubs, edged, weeded and landscaped my yard. Bruce and the team are all about quality which matters most to me. When working with him, you know that the job is going to be done the proper way. In my opinion, they are a bit pricey but it' well worth it for the quality of job and the peace of mind that comes with working with Bruce and his team.

Description of Work
Tree Branch Removal, Bush Removal, Yard Clean Up

Category landscaping, lawn service, architect

Thank you so much for your repeat business and for taking the time to write this raving review on your experience of working with us! It’s greatly appreciated and if there’s anything we can do to help you in the future please don’t hesitate to reach out to me anytime!