Gibbons Electric

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2003

151 Mystic Ave

Medford, MA 02155

Since 1980 Gibbons Electric has been providing outstanding service to customers like you. Our well-trained and experienced management staff is committed to answering your calls quickly, evaluating your needs, scheduling "on time" appointments and overseeing your project from start to finish. Our technicians electrical experience, professional appearance and positive attitude allow us to consistently exceed our customers expectations. We have a passion for what we do. In a fast paced world of "come and go" contractors it is our hope that you will allow us to provide the service that you expect to receive from a contractor, not hope for. Let us give your property the respect it deserves!...

09/07/2019

Olivia B.

2 staff from Gibbons arrived on time and completed the work quickly, well, and professionally. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Replacing 2 light fixtures

02/19/2019

Jean Z.

We had a very hard time finding an electrician to respond to our calls. I found Gibbons Electric through the Medford Moms Facebook page. Steve responded immediately to my call, came to our house to price the work and set up an appointment. There was some confusion about the date and the workers came at the wrong time but that was easily fixed and we were not charged. The workers were professional, did the work quickly and helped us install a new doorbell even though it wasn't part of the original specs. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Installation of a bathroom fan, hallway light and doorbell

06/24/2018

RICHARD S.

We were extremely pleased with Gibbons Electric from start to finish. After calling to arrange for a quote on replacing our electric meter, we got a call back later the same day, quickly followed by an appointment to look over the job, and then a quote that was much lower than the other quote we had received; the job itself was then scheduled and carried out efficiently, followed by a successful inspection. Everyone we dealt with, from the owner on down, was highly pleasant and professional. Gibbons is now the company we will use for any future electrical jobs.

Description of Work
Replacing our electric meter

05/21/2018

Patricia C.

They are very, very good. I will definitely recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Electrical Service

09/20/2017

Ellen R.

They completed the job in about 3 hours, were very professional and even mounted the charger on the wall for me. There was a minor problem after they finished and left. My microwave didn't work! Strange, since it wasn't on the same circuit as the new line. I called and they came back immediately, discovered there was an unmarked electric switch (looked like a light switch) next to the electrical panel which had been inadvertently switched off. Their troubleshooting was excellent and the problem was fixed within 20-30 minutes. I not only liked that they came back right away and found the problem but were upfront about what happened. I have used them before and will continue to use them as my electricians.

Description of Work
Installation of EV car charger in my garage. Required installing a 240 volt line through the basement (which is mostly a crawl space) and installing an outlet for the charging station.

06/10/2017

Diane J.

I have used them once. Their price was good. I don’t recall too much specifically about the person who came out except we’d gotten him through Angie’s List. They responded within a day after I inquired about it. Then they came out and did the work and everything seems to be fine. I think their price was right in the ball park with everybody else, so I don’t know whether they are better than somebody else, but they certainly were reasonable. I have nothing to compare the price too. They did exactly what we asked they to and the work was done just fine. I hired them to do a job, they completed it fully to our satisfaction and I would certainly use them again. They cleaned up very well.

Description of Work
They installed an outside outlet for us.

04/01/2017

Sally B.

It went very well. They were courteous and professional. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
light switches didn't work

01/30/2017

Mary S.

They do excellent work and for a fair price and I would definitely highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I hired them to fix a light on my back porch and also did lighting in my hall and in a 3rd floor apartment.

12/06/2016

Silvia L.

I think Jack was considered and understanding of my urgency and did his best under the circumstances.

Description of Work
Needed to find out what would the approximate amount for changing the electric panel to a better location. Since this was an urgent request and they could not come soon enough, Jack McGurk? asked me to send the photos of the panel locations, and then he gave me an approximate estimate. Work will be done later.

Category electrician, home remodeling

08/10/2016

paul B.

We are repeat customers of Gibbons electric, the guys are very professional and organized. As for their skills, it is as though Mike and Nick have seen it all and done it all a million times. Very efficient, very clean, very highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install pendant light; install closet light; install ceiling fan

07/29/2016

Howard R.

I will never call another electrical firm in Arlington, Ken, his office manager Brenda, Harut and all the other electricians I have had to the house were terrific! They were prompt, personable, honest, efficient, highly professional, and provided excellent value for the cost of the services. I am convinced that whether you have a small job, or a major home/commercial electrical project, Ken and his team will deliver. Do not hesitate to contact them today!

Description of Work
I had several tasks that needed to be accomplished relating to wiring, my tenant's apartment, circuit load analysis.

Category electrician, home inspection, lighting

07/14/2016

Tanya L.

The pricing and scheduling are usually done efficiently. The crew sometimes seem to get pressure from the main office on the time they are spending. But the crew was very thorough and we were satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Lot of work to put in recessed lights, cable and wiring for TV, etc.

06/20/2016

Susan M.

Gibbons was the company that called back in a timely matter, and scheduled the visit within a couple of days. The other companies took much longer to respond. They were quick, ON TIME, and they got 3 jobs done in an hour. I was very impressed. They were SO nice and they cleaned up after themselves. I was terrified because electricians are paid hourly. They were fast, efficient and courteous. Mike and Matt were great and very accommodating!

Description of Work
They fixed an outlet, the doorbell, and a light.

06/15/2016

Eileen H.

He was thorough, precise & very professional. The office, on the initial & follow up call, were pleasant and very professional. I would recommend them for sure.

Description of Work
The electrician arrived exactly on time for the appointment to give us an HVAC installation estimate.. The estimate arrived promptly. They followed up with a phone call to make sure we got the estimate (good business practice). We ended up going with another electrician because he was slightly less cost & connected to the HVAC folks who promised the install would go much faster with "their guy."

Category electrician, plumbing, water softeners

05/20/2016

Anne Marie L.

He gave us a good idea of layout including what to buy and what was needed. I can't say enough, they are so good. He was wonderful and took 10-percent off because the call was during the winter months, which was their slow time. To me, that meant a lot. They are punctual and on time. If I have questions they ask me and don't try to sell me anything. They know we are going into an attic and they recommend things. Because electrical projects are expensive we can start the work and go as far as we come and then he will come in and finish the work.

Description of Work
He recently put in some outlets for our older home, including the attic. He checked everything out for us.

03/21/2016

Linda D.

Gibbons Electric spent about 2-3 hours doing an extensive knob and tube survey of my condo in September (2015) which resulted in a detailed report mapping of all the electrical components of my unit and where there was live knob and tube wiring along with a detailed estimate to replace everything that needed attention. When I was ready to go ahead with the work in February (2016), the amount I paid for the survey (approx. $400) went towards the total balance of the work. For both the survey and the actual rewiring, they were punctual and professional, making sure to place mats on the floor for all their gear and wearing booties on their shoes to reduce any mess. They also did a decent job patching up any holes left from the few notches they needed to make on the walls and ceiling (which I then had someone else paint over). I also had them switch out a bunch of light fixtures and ceiling fans and they were very reasonable with the additional pricing since they were already there. They were also very responsive whenever I had a question during or after the work was completed and paid for. More specific examples/details of the work they did (per their estimate): corrected double tap connections, replaced a bunch of outlets with GFCI outlets, replaced outlets with grounded outlets, installed and wired ceiling fixture boxes and switches, etc. In all, the work took a little over 3 days.

Description of Work
replaced knob and tube wiring and switched out and/or installed new light fixtures

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

12/31/2015

Chris G.

It was pretty good. I wound up paying about $1000 over for all the work I had done. They left a lot of unpatched walls, which I had to patch myself. They arrived on time. They did also address a customer service question for me. The main guy was good. The helper was a little sloppy.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. It was $504 for four hours of electrical labor. They installed some network cabling and speaker cabling.

12/14/2015

ANNE F.

It went very well... they did all 3 floors of my house and they did clean up very well..

Description of Work
They replaced the knob and tube wiring..

12/05/2015

Gerry M.

Very professional. We were pleased with their expertise, courtesy and timeliness.

Description of Work
Upgraded all outlets to three-prong grounded. Installed four new quad outlets. Upgraded three existing duplex outlets to quads. Installed supplemental circuit box to handle new outlets. Broke up existing service serving all of second floor into three separate zones.

10/30/2015

Tsegaye Y.

very professional, very nice, I could say good things about came on time, they explained everything to me.

Description of Work
I did not have power in one of my rooms, and they came to switch issue.

Category home security systems

10/27/2015

KEN S.

I had worked with Gibbons several times in the past and they did good work. Last year, they had come to do an estimate on some work, but it was too late in the year to do so I called them back to reschedule this fall. Steven didn't return several calls, but at last I caught him in the office. He couldn't remember the estimate so he needed to come again. OK, we made an appointment that he would come and do the estimate between 8-9 AM. He arrived at 8:55. "How ya doing?" Me: "Not so good, you're here so late that we don't have time to do the work." Steven: "Fine, I don't need your business. Goodbye." And off he went. I recommend taking your business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Estimate

10/23/2015

Barry M.

Mike and Max were great. Arrived early (7am) and were total professionals. Appreciated that they consulted with me on each decision. The lights look great and will probably use them again to do other rooms as budget allows.

Description of Work
Installed 4 LED recessed light fixtures.

10/06/2015

Bo-Huei L.

We have purchased a new chandelier and want to install in our dining room. We had no idea on the exact work it would involve so we decided to hire an electrician to come and help us out. I called Gibbons Electric to schedule an appointment, they are pretty full in terms of booking (most of good ones are right :) ) After my phone conversation, they have found a best time to come over and perform the job and they gave me a call on the day of service before they come over to make sure someone is available. Mike and his apprentice showed up on time, asked us for more details on how we want to implement the installation job. They were patient and provide good suggestions to help us on making a decision with the work. They have done the job gently and make sure does not break any of other furniture in the room, they also did a good job on cleaning to make sure not leaving us any trash. Overall, my experience with Gibbons Electric was great and I would definitely hire them again for future electric works!!

Description of Work
We need to install a chandelier which require some electric work on wire extension and box installation

08/15/2015

CHRISTINE H.

Excellent. No issues whatsoever. Very pleased with service.

Description of Work
Electricians trouble-shot electric panel and installed two three-prong outlets. Cleaned up so well you would not know they were ever there.

07/29/2015

Susan B.

Very quickly and efficiently. Electricians were polite and professional.

Description of Work
Put in an outdoor electric outlet.

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    Taylor Made Contracting, LLC

"Construction Services Taylor'd To Your Needs" Taylor Made Contracting is a licensed and insured construction company that specializes in making customers satisfied. We offer a full range of construction services, from asphalt/concrete driveways and parking lots, to property management and remodeling. We service both the commercial and residential industries. The company was established in 2003 and incorporated in Massachusetts in 2005. We employ 6-8 very experienced employees. We offer free estimates and can charge per the job or on a T&M basis. TMC will manage your full project, from start to finish! Some services subcontracted are: sealcoating, tree service, irrigation, fencing, electrical, plumbing. Our subs are all pre-screened, experienced, professional, reliable, and honest. Same manner in which all TMC employees carry themselves. TMC will schedule projects once a signed proposal or deposit is received. We accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash payments. Cash discounts available on most projects where materials can be purchased at a discounted price.

DG Lighting Services

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in electrical and lighting services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Wiring Installation & Remodeling. Service Upgrades. Phone. Home Networks. Interior & Exterior Lighting. Fire Alarm Systems. Intercom Systems. Landscape Lighting.