Express Remodeling Group, Inc.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2007

178 Winthrop ST

Medford, MA 02155

9 Time-Super Service Award Winner; Kitchen/Bath/Basement/General Remodeling Expert. Express Remodeling Group, Inc. is fully licensed, insured and lead certified. Our team is expert on all of your home needs. We specialize in: Kitchen & bathroom remodeling, porches & decks, dormers, additions, new construction, home remodeling and renovation including basement remodels and additions/sunrooms, vinyl and fiber cement siding. www.expcontractor.com express@expcontractor.com...

09/27/2020

Molly T.

Entire process took about three months. Wagner had a full crew in for each project and the work went smoothly most of the time. Pricing was reasonable for the scope of the work that was done. The Express Remodeling office is efficiently run and communication is good. I would hire Express for future work for large jobs and have recommended them to a friend in the past.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling for one full and one half bath (complete gutting of the full bath with rebuild of a wall and installation outside siding in limited area, new windows and new plumbing/rewiring), great room remodel with addition of new wiring and lighting, removal of old chimney and patch of wood flooring, kitchen and basement stairway painting.

Category appliance repair,remodeling,home remodeling

07/15/2020

Michelle D.

Great! Job was done very fast, neatly, and efficiently. Wagner’s crew is always professional in manner and work. It’s been over 10 years and three houses since I first worked with Wagner, and he keeps on improving and getting better. I can also confirm that his work is done right and holds up. It is indeed always a pleasure working with Express Remodeling Group!

Description of Work
Front straps rebuilt, porch support replaced

Category decks,deck cleaning

02/23/2020

Brittany V.

We had a great experience overall with Express Remodeling. We were doing a complete renovation of a 4 bedrooms 2.5 bathroom unit. This included changing the layout, structural work. adding a new bathroom, completing renovating the existing kitchen/bathrooms, etc. It was a big project and some unexpected issues were discovered. Wagner worked with us along the way to solve the issues and the finished product is beautiful. His office manager Cristina was also very responsive and helped coordinate everything along the way. We were on a tight timeline because we are expecting a baby and they were able to finish on time which we were very grateful for.

Description of Work
Full renovation

02/06/2020

Chris Y.

Working with Wagner and his team was a wonderful experience. Wagner is extremely communicative (which I have found to be a rare trait with other contractors in this state) and collaborative. He always responded to my calls and emails and his team was very professional and hard working. On our last project, we had a massive roof leak with structural damage. Our insurance company had referred us to another contractor who was unable to do the work properly and gave us a 6 month timeline of completion. I promptly fired that contractor and hired Wagner and his team was able to replace the roof, replace roof joists on the interior, repair and finish all interior work, and rebuild a roof deck in 2 weeks. I couldn't be happier with the results. I would hire Wagner and his team again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Had a massive roof leak with structural damage

Category decks,electrician,insulation,remodeling,roofing,woodworking,interior painters

01/25/2020

Dan W.

Great. I'd work with Wagner again. He stayed on budget, was extremely communicative, the job site was extremely clean, and he delievered everything on time. I am trying to book him for another job this year.

Description of Work
Ktichen renovation, HVAC and mini-split system install, new doors throughout house, sliding door install, new windows throughout house, removed popcorn ceiling, painted, moved electrical panel from 1st to 2nd floor

01/21/2020

Denise I.

It was good. They give out their cell phone number so you can get in touch with them easily.

Description of Work
Renovation of two units of kitchen, bath, flooring

11/17/2019

Tony F.

The projects went very well. Overall we’ve worked with Express Remodeling for over a year. We added 2 projects (remodel a third bathroom, replace all windows in the house) as the first one went very well (remodel 2 bathrooms). I’ve found them to be honest, reliable and doing an excellent job.

Description of Work
Remodel 3 bathrooms and replace windows

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/13/2019

Michele G.

Express and there crew had worked on my house before so when I needed work done at my firm I called them right away. We had some issues getting permits with the city for the work we needed and Wagner (the owner) was able to clear up the issue and move forward with the project. They were also very accommodating dealing with our construction loan and all the paperwork that went along with that. The crew installed laminate flooring, moved walls, doors and installed a kitchenette for my staff. All the work was done in a timely manner with the work-site left spotless everyday. I was thankful the staff was able to work around our schedule and even finish some of the work on the weekends. Very happy with the outcome of the project.

Description of Work
Remodel at a commercial property- walls, floors, kitchenette install

Category flooring contractor,remodeling

11/13/2019

Michele G.

Express and their crew basically remodeled an entire half of our home. Our kitchen was from the fifties and they had to remodel down to the sub-floor. I literally have a kitchen from a design magazine now. Wagner, the owner of the company gave me some great layout ideas and was able to connect me with a design team for the cabinets. I could not be more pleased with the end result. The crew was clean, trust-worthy and went above and beyond to make sure they were done within the time they quoted us. This was HUGE for us, because I have heard many horror stories with contractors. I was nervous about such a large project in one summer but they made the process so easy and now I have beautiful bathrooms and an amazing kitchen to show for it! Absolutely thrilled! A couple of pics below, though I didn't manage to get any pics of the bathrooms.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen gut, deck addition, front porch remodel and 3 bathrooms gutted

Category decks,remodeling,home remodeling

09/11/2019

Eric G.

Wagner and his entire team were very professional and dedicated to quality work. Since we're a small condo association, we had to break out payments in different ways between the units for specific things. Cristina provided clear accounting when we needed it for the job and even the minor change order we had on the job was done efficiently and easily. Any job has stress and mess. Tearing down a front porch and replacing windows obviously created dust and interruption, but the crews did a pretty good job at the end of each day. Even as we had small amounts of rework or "is that in the plan" items throughout the project, Wagner communicated most corrections quickly and others were simply handled the next day. We are very happy with the result and would definitely make Express Remodeling our first call should we have another renovation project to do.

Description of Work
Full Exterior Renovation

Category contractors,decks,electrician,gutter repair,insulation,masonry,remodeling,siding,replacement windows

06/02/2019

kay T.

never called me back or provided an estimate

Description of Work
bathroom remodeling

Category remodeling

I believe this members must be confusing us with someone else. We do not serve the Natick area or even advertise there. I'm not sure what happened, but we have no phone calls or email regarding this address or member's name.

10/26/2018

jonathan S.

From my first meeting with Wagner to review the project, I felt confident in his ability to complete the job. During the walk through he completely understood what we wanted to do and he had a good understanding of the local building codes and how they may impact our design. We had an estimate within a week as promised and the price was comparable to others we recieved. Additionally, there were no surprises or unexpected additional costs during demo or construction. He carefully thought through and planned out project cost. Communication was great - the office manager Cristina was always very responsive whenever we had questions. The crew showed up bright and early each day and were ready to go. We lived in the house during the project and the crew was always courteous and respectful and did a good job cleaning up at the end of each day. The project timeline went smoothly and as expected due to Wagner's coordination amongst sub-contractors and scheduling of inspections. We are very happy with the quality of work and improvements made on our house and would defenitely hire Express Remodeling for future projects

Description of Work
Added a second story bedroom addition and new bathroom on the second floor

Category drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plastering,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters

10/18/2018

Mike T.

Wagner is very personable and is an expert at over promising and under delivering. The project was supposed to take 12 weeks and ended up taking 6 months. The subcontractors are amateurs and do terrible work. The electricians wired our house so poorly that fuses would blow from charging a cell phone. The plumber ran the water lines too far to the exterior of the house that the pipes froze and had to be rerouted through the cabinets. Those same pipes leaked at the faucet and had to be repaired by an emergency plumber 6 months later. The plumber also broke 3 basement windows while installing a waste pipe. The cabinets quoted were cheap composite and the hinges are already falling apart. The hardwood floors installed are fake composite. When they reinstalled the oven they dragged across the fake hardwood floor and scratched it. These are just the highlights from the renovation from ****. There were plenty more details that were either done incorrectly or not done at all. Get everything in writing and inspect every part of the project. Do not rely on the city inspector to ensure the job is done properly.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Hello [Member Name Removed], First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really take the time to read every single one and see where we can improve since we take pride on our business. Though, I confess that I'm a little surprised in hearing about your concerns. We had delivered exactly what we had agreed on as per our contract. The project took longer than expected because you had changed the original layout. We had our first meeting with the designer who then worked with you on the initial design which unfortunately went over your budget and we tried to rework the design to fit your budget, but you said you liked the design and wanted to keep the layout. I was very clear with you on that, I said, there is a way but the cabinets won't be the same quality as per the original quote and you said you would be okay with it. As for the plumber braking the windows, we told you he would need space in the basement so he could move around, which you end up not moving your things, making it really hard for them to do the work properly, and yes, they did end up braking the window which we fixed before the work was completed. As for the floors, we installed pre-finished first grade hardwood floor as per our contract. And yes, you end up having a frozen pipe which happened due to a hole you had on your existing siding, after the problem was discovered I had the plumber over to evaluate the situation and we came up with a solution which was rerun the pipes inside the cabinets to prevent any future complications. We had promised you that your project would be done before Thanksgiving and even with all delays and other things we had to wait for, we were able to make sure you had a functional kitchen and bathroom (note, we started the project on the second week of September), you then requested us to stop the work due to the holidays and that's why your project went for 6 months. Now, in terms of the items incorrect or not done correctly, I have a hard time believing that, since before we call any project "done", we give you the opportunity to do a walk-through and provide us with a "punch list" and if anything is not done to your prospective we will address the issue before closing your project, which we did. As for the city inspectors, their work is to inspect all of our work and make sure everything meets code. I can guarantee you that they take their work very seriously and all inspections are to assure every single thing we do around your house are done properly and documented on the city records as well. We had a very well detailed proposal and contract and you signed before any work was done to your home, not to despite the fact that I tried my best to help you out to speed things up, like going out and buying the vanity, toilet etc. which were owner to provide. We did all that at no charge. We have been in business over 14 years, and we know that from time to time we will run into unexpected issues as with the frozen pipes for example, but we will always make sure that every single one is addressed before closing any project, and I know we did it as well. Thank you for your review.

09/25/2017

Chuck I.

Communication was excellent. The owner always answered my calls and e-mails. Cristina the office manager was always responsive and kept is informed of the project. They are a top-notch company that does an excellent job. Absolutely, I will hire them again to do another project. I would give them a 10 for both being in budget and staying with the plan.

Description of Work
They totally renovated two of our rental units. Kitchen and bath demo and renovation with cabinets, granite, hardwood, stainless steel appliances etc. Bathroom tile, vanity, tub/shower with tile. All the flooring replaced or refinished. Complete painting of the unit. New electrical, plumbing etc..I went by everyday to see the progress. They always clean-up and left the place in great shape

Category contractors,closet systems,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

07/20/2017

Chris Y.

Everything went smoothly. Wagner was extremely communicative and the garage looks great. The work all went according to plan and budget. Everything from the electrical work to the painting went went without a hitch. Would absolutely work with Wagner again!

Description of Work
Built a garage

Category electrician,remodeling,garage builders,house painters

05/30/2017

Tara D.

Very well: they were professional and good to work with.

Description of Work
New decks for three-decker house

Category decks,remodeling

04/24/2017

Rebecca C.

Wagner came highly recommended to us by a family friend and we were not disappointed with our choice to remodel our kitchen. His bid was the lowest of the three contractors we consulted, but we did not feel we settled for quality or attentiveness. He often was available to discuss the project, and his crews were timely and considerate. Problems were brought to our attention quickly and worked out. Carpentry work turned out beautifully. We will definitely contact Wagner again when we remodel our master bath.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel, including opening and reinforcing bearing wall; framing and cabinet installation; installing new hardwood floor and blending with existing floor; building and installing new columns to frame breakfast area; painting breakfast area and dining room; installing countertops; all electrical and plumbing.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

04/12/2017

Jim B.

The contractor found a problem which increased the total cost. This may have been avoided upon a more thorough estimate-maybe. More importantly (or unfortunately) he used posts from China which are now rotting. He also used pine on the finish work which is rotting mostly because the miters were cut so poorly water leaked in. Most of the trim wood needs replacing. When I brought the miters to his attention he said he would come look at it but he never came back.

Description of Work
Replaced porch/entrance from bottom up-sunk columns and trimed out porch.

Category decks,woodworking

04/02/2017

STACYJONH T.

Wagner looked at the existing stairway and planned the replacement with us. He provided a estimate that we felt was reasonable. It took a couple of weeks to complete the job, during which I learned a lot about the process - demolition, placing the footings, building the replacement stairway, adding trim and fulfilling the additional requests from the building inspector. The final product is beautiful. When we needed to fix a rotted section of hallway flooring, we called Express Remodeling again. The floor repair was completed in a reasonable amount time and we are pleased with the final product.

Description of Work
We needed to replace an wooden fire escape/external stairway. At a later date, we needed to replace a rotted section of an entryway floor.

Category decks,remodeling

03/14/2017

Emmanuel A.

Despite a few impediments by the building inspectors (such as extended foundation inspections, new hard-wired smoke detectors in areas not included in the project, and changes to 10-year old furnaces), Express Remodeling Group was able to deliver the project just in time. Wagner worked well with our architect to completely transform a neglected house into a modern, energy-efficient condominium. During the bidding process, Wagner should've had advertised two things that expedited construction and kept the budget affordable: 1) he has 5-member crew that stays during the entire duration of construction and 2) unlike contractors who end their day at 3pm, his crew works until 5-6pm. Now, we have three generations happily living under the same roof!

Description of Work
In the summer and fall of 2016, Express Remodeling Group helped our family achieve our dream: converting a two-family house into two condos in Melrose. Wagner and his crew built a two-story addition at the rear of the house and renovated most of the house, including three new bathrooms, one new kitchen, two new laundry closets, new central cooling and heating systems, new shared spaces, and much more. Given the closing date and the hard deadline for the legal conversion process and mortgage start date, the construction schedule was extremely short - construction started on June 1st and a certificate of occupancy was issued on October 17th.

Category contractors,closet systems,countertops,decks,drywall,electrician,fencing,flooring contractor,gutter repair,hardwood floor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,lighting,masonry,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

Debora D.

Everything was perfect. They started to work when they said they would. The guys were courteous, and everything was done according to plan. If any changes needed to be done, they were communicated and agreed upon beforehand. There were no surprises, which is exactly what I needed, since this was the largest renovation I've ever hired anyone to do. My favorite part was the basement! It was completely unfinished before, and created a cozy, beautiful environment. My family and I love spending time in our new family room. The molding, painting, along with barn doors throughout made the place look like a whole new house! I love my new kitchen as well. The dark marble courtertops and new cabinets look fantastic. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Completely renovated my two family house in Revere. It was really needing a new look. They put all new stuff in place - new roof, insulation, walls, doors, windows, driveway, and even the siding. They also completed my basement.

Category countertops,insulation,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,marble & granite,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Jason K.

Awesome job done by Wagner and team. They were prompt, professional and clean. The overall project was quoted as about two weeks, but due to weather and unforeseen circumstances (my home was built on ledge and it took a long time for them to dig the holes for the concrete, completely understandable), took approximately 3 weeks. Every evening, the team left the yard clean and tidy. The workmanship is excellent. We LOVE our new porch. Furthermore Wagner was extremely easy to work with and provided us several options to meet our budget as well. I highly recommend them and will no doubt be in contact with them for any future projects.

Description of Work
Had a new front farmers porch added to the front of our colonial

Category contractors,decks,remodeling,roofing,deck cleaning,woodworking

Fabiola O.

I highly recommend Express Remodeling Group. they are on time, hard working, clean after job was done. We used this company at another property a few years ago and it's still holding up. They are a great team!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Leon B.

They were responsive in general. Responsiveness was kind of slow because they were away for a while. They were ok but they weren't outstanding.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote to build a deck.

Category decks

05/10/2016

Eliana G.

I asked them to leave the premise. To get an A they would have to had be trustworthy, honest, transparent, and completed the work in the contract. The craftsmanship could have been close to anything worth what I paid for.

Description of Work
I used Express Remodeling Group, Inc for a rehab and remodel.

Category remodeling

Despise all the efforts we did to make this client happy and also not been paid for our services, this review couldn't be further from the truth. We are a well established company with over 11 years of experience working on the greater Boston area. We take pride in what we do and we would never stay in business this long with a good reputation if we didn't take good care of our clients.