We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Alcantara Contractor

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A

Medford, MA 02155

Alcantara Contractor Inc. is a prestigious company that been around for more than 15 years. The company is fully insured and licensed. Our team is trained and qualified to exceed the expectation on your construction project. We'll match your construction needs with our service. Contact us for a free estimate!...

08/26/2020

Craig M.

We needed to have a rapid turnaround for third floor patch and painting job before carpet installation. Carlos provided a quote on Saturday and was able to start the job on Monday. The quality of his team's work was excellent; they were prompt, efficient and professional. We were very pleased with the results and would definitely consider hiring again.

Description of Work
Needed to paint third floor bedrooms.

Category interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I appreciate your review, and I am glad you are happy and satisfied with the work.

05/05/2019

Suzanne J.

I have used Alcantara Contracting twice now, once for some minor bathroom work and recently for kitchen cabinet painting and carpentry (shelving and window sills). Carlos was quick to return my message and to stop by to assess the job and to get me a quote. His team was very professional and a pleasure to work with. They managed to keep everything neat too despite the tight workspace, and they finished the job quickly. Carlos is very kind and conscientious and takes great care with ensuring all goes smoothly, even with the smallest of jobs. I would certainly use Alcantara Contracting again.

Description of Work
Painting and carpentry

Category woodworking, interior painters

04/24/2019

Alex P.

I own a condo in East Boston and it needed some serious re-work to the exterior brick wall to maintain a strong structure. I was referred to Carlos, the owner of Alcantara Contractors, by a family member who has used his services in the past and needless to say he did not disappoint! Carlos quickly responded when we reached out and within the week he had a quote back to us for the job. The re-work was comprehensive and we received quotes from other contractors that were much more expensive and had a much longer project timeline so moving forward with Carlos was an easy decision. The project took about 4-5 weeks from start to finish and the end result was spectacular. Carlos & his team were great, extremely friendly and knowledgeable, on-time, and they clearly hold themselves to a higher standard then other contractors that I've worked with in the past. Carlos takes serious pride in his work and you can quickly tell that he's a "quality-driven" contractor that pays close attention to detail in any job (big or small) that he performs. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who need works done to their home and/or rental property. Thank you Carlos for your terrific services!

Description of Work
Reconstructive work to an exterior brick wall

Category handyman service, roofing, pressure washing, home builders

Thank you so much for you Positive review [Member Name Removed]!!! Looking forward to do more business with you!

04/06/2019

Virginia V.

Excellent job!! From start to finish!! Carlos was one of three quotes I received and quickly called me to check in on the quote. He worked with me on costs. Carlos and his team came quickly to my condo (that I rent out) to assess and repair damages after it got flooded. Parts of walls needed replacement, insulation needed to be checked and fixed, baseboards, floor needed to be pulled up and replaced, cabinets (including the sink and stove and fridge) and granite counters needed to be pulled out from wall to check for water damage behind walls, and then put back, walls needed to be painted. The team worked quickly and professionally, and was always polite and courteous. They were understanding that the condo was a rental and I was losing income while it was not livable, and they worked quickly to make all the needed repairs. I had the chance to hire Carlos and his team again when I needed more painting and wall repair done, and they returned quickly once again, did another excellent job, and also worked within my budget. I never experienced damages like this to my property, and didn't know who to turn to. I am so happy to have found Carlos, Alex and the rest of the team! I will definitely have them back next time! Thank you, Alcantara!

Description of Work
Condo repair from flooding, drywall replaced, insulation work, cabinets and granite counters pulled out and put back after fixed, floor replacement, wall and baseboard repair, painting of unit

Category countertops, drywall, handyman service, hardwood floor, plastering, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We're here for you anytime.

03/26/2019

Joseph M.

The job went well. Called several handymen. Some did not respond and a couple came out but either did not send a quote. Carlos came to the house, explained what needed to be done, gave me a quote and sent an email of the same. The men arrived and removed the old facia board and siding, cut and fitted the new board in place and replaced the siding. All work defined in the estimate was completed and at the quoted price. The men were professional and courteous. They cleaned their work area as well. I am very satisfied with their work. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Facia board replacement

Category contractors, handyman service

Thank you! Quality and satisfaction is our priority!

01/31/2019

Susan F.

Carlos and his Alcantara Contractor team did a great job. They began the project when promised (January 2018) and completed it by July 2018 (about a month and 1/2 late which was understandable due to unexpected structural work). Carlos and/or his team explained all of the work they proposed to do and consulted us when new issues presented. Overall quality of work was very good and we are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Converted kitchen, dining room, and living room into an open floor plan which required structural work, new ceilings, flooring, cabinets, countertop, appliances. Gutted one bathroom and renovated another. Installation of central air/heating. New stairs and railings. Entire unit painted.

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, hauling services, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

01/30/2019

Deborah R.

I had some small water damage and needed a section of padding replaced and the carpet re-installed. Carlos and his workers were very professional, polite and on time. Also, I had Alcantara do a much bigger job and my experience with them was very positive.

Description of Work
installing carpet

09/30/2016

James & Cathy L.

Category hardwood floor

04/01/2016

Ran C.

Carlos was fantastic about responding to our initial communication and showing up for a consultation. He gave us very helpful information during the consult, including recommending what we could wait on, as this is our first home, it needs a lot of work, and we are first-time home owners. We were very pleased with that process. However, it took several weeks and quite a bit of followup to get an estimate. We were also pleased, once the work was over, that the final cost matched the initial estimate exactly - and Carlos even reduced the price somewhat because they did not need to replace a vent that he had included in the original estimate. The people who actually did the work were friendly. However, they did not communicate when they would be arriving; some days they didn't come, other days they showed up to say they would not be coming, and some days they came with no warning. When they were here, they were fantastic and they were clearly working hard and working well. We had only positive interactions with them. We followed up with Carlos multiple times regarding additional projects on our house, but following the initial work and payment, we never heard from Carlos or his team again. We ended up hiring someone else. Overall, we were pleased with the quality of the work, but the communication was a huge challenge. We would hire Carlos and his team again if possible.

Description of Work
Repaired and reinforced beams in attic

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Hello [Member Name Removed], Please call back if you need anything. We're back on track as I was jammed for 6 months... Thank you.

03/08/2016

Evelyn Q.

The front porch came out great! It was regraded to keep water running away from the house and resurfaced. The indoor work on the ceiling was done quickly and professionally. It looks really nice. The roofing job was not done quite as expected. The fascia board was not replaced to cover the black rubber as discussed. After questioning this, I never heard back from them. I paid for the front porch and the ceiling in full. With the roof, I paid most, but not all. I figured I would hold off until the job was done as expected.

Description of Work
Three jobs needed attention. The front concrete and brick porch was completed first. The roof of the living room bay area needed to be fixed using rubber roofing. Due to water damage, the bay area of the living room also needed to have the ceiling fixed.

Category concrete repair, drywall, handyman service, roofing, woodworking, doors, roof cleaning

I'm glad the roof leak was fixed...

03/14/2015

Imelda M.

Carlos was extremely reliable and always showed when he said he was going to. He was very responsive and answered all my questions. The situation was difficult and stressful because the condominium association board was being difficult and the tenant was being delayed in getting into the unit (not carlos's fault). Carlos showed up when he said he would and he got the job done timely. At the end, the place looked beautiful! We also felt that his price was extremely reasonable. This was the second time we had used Carlos and we were very pleased both times.

Description of Work
We did a gut renovation of approximately a 600 sq ft rental unit. The rental unit was a commercial unit so we had to install all new electrical and plumbing. We also installed a very small kitchen sink. We were under a tight deadline because the tenant was trying to get into the unit as soon as possible.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

12/23/2014

Wendy D.

Would highly recommend. Carlos and his team were neat, friendly and excellent carpenters.

Description of Work
Extensive repairs to porch including 15 footings, new floor and rails, replaced all clapboard on front of house, replace 27 windows including trim with PVC

Category decks, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking

Thank you [member name removed]! Always looking forward to do the best for our clients!! Carlos Alcantara

09/29/2014

mithun N.

Carlos and his team completely renovated my condo near Harvard square. His team brilliantly modified my old cabinets and perfectly fitted into my new space. The kitchen looks great! They also gutted the bath and the craftsmanship was excellent. As a contractor, Carlos is very straightforward, communicates regularly. I look forward to working with him again

Description of Work
Condo renovation

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Thank you [member name removed], It was a great project and you did a great job as well!! Carlos Alcantara

08/26/2014

David K.

I had a very difficult time finding someone to fix a broken bathroom door. It wasn't really easy to book time with Alcantara, either, but one morning I called and he was able to send 2 men out that day. They arrived exactly when they said they would. Bedroom door was fixed fine; only took about 30 minutes and seems fine now (though it was just today, so can't speak to longevity yet). A window had come out of its track; they were able to get it fairly workable but I need a real window company to replace the frame as some plastic parts were broken. In the few minutes they had to spare, they also cut away a clamp that had been jammed closed, going back to their van to get a special tool. All in all, they were courteous and professional, and they got those 3 tasks done in an hour. Not much more I can ask for!

Description of Work
Fixed a bathroom door so it would close properly. Repaired a window so that it would close and open to some degree, though a complete repair would have required replacing the frame, outside the scope of what they were here for.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

08/05/2014

Diane C.

The crew members at Alcantara Contractors were always prompt and courteous. If there were any questions, Carlos was always available by text or phone. All aspects of the job were executed well, and with professionalism. The guys were all polite. Carlos takes great effort to ensure that his customers are happy with his work. It is obvious that he cares about his company and I was very much at ease in dealing with him. He is fair and a good business man!

Description of Work
Carlos removed several areas of rotten trim and clapboard from our home and replaced it with new wood. Our home was power-washed, prepped and then painted (stained). The entire home was done- body, trim, and doors.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking

07/29/2014

Paulami N.

Carlos came and gave an estimate. His colleague came the following day to install the board and plaster. However, there was some miscommunication about the insulation needing to go in first. The colleague came back the following day to install both. Then 3 days later the painter came to finish up but there was some problem and he needed to come back one last time. However, they stuck to the original estimate which was highly appreciated.

Description of Work
Replaced insulation and patched 6x6 ft area of ceiling with board and plaster then painted

Category handyman service, insulation, plastering

Thank you [member name removed], That's how we work, and we always look to keep costumer happy. Carlos

07/22/2014

Maria T M.

This outfit was hired by our Property Manager on behalf of our Condo Association. They were loud and inefficient throughout the duration. They left many spot that should have been re-caulked unaddressed and when this was pointed out to them, they did nothing to go back and address the missed areas. They rushed through the job and the noise and yelling back and forth in Portuguese was a nuisance to the residents. They left caulking everywhere and made no effort to clean after themselves. This was not the only time they did job for our association. Overall the results could not be considered of consistent quality. Small jobs tended to be done better than some of their bigger jobs they did for us. They also pressure cleaned the exterior of our buildings and that too was pretty shoddy and no effort was made to go back and correct the missed spots. Perhaps they tried to do too much? Maybe they should stick to smaller jobs. I am hard pressed to reconcile all the excellent reviews on this site with the results on our property.

Description of Work
Outside caulking.

Category handyman service, pressure washing

Hi [member name removed], The maintenance company that we do work for was happy with the work, the board was happy with the work ( we got complements from the board), the property manager was extremely happy... I don't know who you are, and I didn't get any complain at that time from residents as my phone number is very visible on our vans. Also, we do projects much bigger than that. We always look forward to make costumers happy, as satisfaction is our goal.

01/23/2014

Leena D.

Project went great. Carlos and his team are v detail oriented and professional. I am v pleased with the results. Only negatives - is the work took longer than expected, there were a couple of weeks delay overall. I would work with Alcantara any time.

Description of Work
Laid tile flooring on my front foyer, laundry area. Redid basement walls, laid tile flooring in basement, Painted the entire house

11/26/2013

Gregory M.

This was a big job - 100+ year-old house that hadn't been painted in over 10 years. Lots of prep work, lots of repairs, lots of detail to go over. No detail was too small. If there was an issue, he took care of it immediately. They did what they promised when they promised to do it. Cleaned up every day so the property wasn't a mess. He says he'll do stuff, he does the stuff, he makes sure the stuff is done correctly. He's responsive and on time. Truly a great experience and honestly it's never a great experience when you're getting your house painted - but this was. The short version? We can't pay a higher compliment - we're planning on re-doing our kitchen and will have Carlos do it. No question. Carlos and team were fantastic.

Description of Work
Prepped and painted exterior of house including trim, windows, etc. Rebuilt two sets of exterior brick stairs. Made numerous repairs to trim, clapboard, windows, etc.

Category handyman service, house painters

11/24/2013

Nick D.

Carlos and his team did a great job working on our home. Our house was built in 1920 and they did a perfect job matching replacement work in a way that matched up to the original unique details of our older home. Would do work with them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutter, installed new gutters, and added gutter guards. Replaced rotten and broken trim. Painted newly added trim.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

11/20/2013

Paula S.

Alcantara's immediately told me he could help me that same day and what time they would be here. (I called a few other handymen and they were either to busy or hmmmed and hawed as to the difficulty because of the hill and uneven land). He arrived promptly at the time given and was done in 10 minutes. Though I know this isn't a difficult job, it was one of those jobs that just isn't worth any one's time. He and his staff were just so pleasant to deal with, responsive and quick. He's my new point person for future jobs. I'd hire him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
A piece of aluminum trim had blown loose, was hanging from the roof and banging into the second floor window. It had to be refastened.

09/25/2013

Brian C.

I can't say enough about my experience in dealing with Carlos Alcantara. In a world where most contractors are late, don't communicate well and hand you surprises on the final bill......Carlos is the exact opposite. He was extremely helpful in planning out the renovation and took responsibility for ordering all the materials and dealing with all his subcontractors (plumber/electrician/granite installer etc). It was obvious that he had a great trusting relationship with all of his subs because they show up on time, are very respectful and go out of their way to do an excellent job for him. Carlos always looked for ways to save me money and helped me make practical decisions throughout the project. He uses his relationships and influence to get you the best prices and always communicates well and when expected....if Carlos says he will meet you at the project at a certain time, he is always there as promised....he never rushes you if you have questions that need to be addressed. We had a very tight (one month) timeframe to complete the demolition and rehab so that I could rent the unit out as of September 1st......he kept to his word, got his subs in line and delivered the completed unit as promised. We had a small punch list of items that were promptly addressed within a week. I would highly recommend Carlos Alcantara without any hesitation.

Description of Work
I hired Alcantara Construction to totally refurbish my North End condo in Boston. My property is located in one of the old granite historical buildings with exposed beams and brick in the Waterfront neighborhood of Boston. After living in the unit myself for 12 years and renting it out for the last 18 it was in need of a major overhaul. We replaced windows, carpeting, gutted the entire kitchen and bathroom, replaced ceilings, installed new granite counters and kitchen cabinets, all new appliances as well as electrical fixtures. The unit is basically brand new and looks fantastic.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

07/30/2013

LAURA S.

They did this work for my parents. My mother is extremely pleased with the work. The men were respectful, prompt, and cleaned up after the job. And the house looks great! She heartily recommends them and will use them again in the future. (The cost of the job shown above is approximate, as I don't know exactly what my mom paid them.)

Description of Work
Power washed and painted the house.

Category wallpaper

07/04/2013

Gayle S.

Carlos Alcantara came highly recommend to me by my painter as someone who can do anything. I couldn't believe my good fortune. As well as being a general contractor he offers complete handyman services!! I called and he came within a few days to see what I needed done. He gave me what I thought was a very reasonable estimate for all of the work. Within a week he sent his team of very handy carpenters, to do all of the small jobs I had been putting off for years. Carlos is a joy. I highly recommend this talented honest and personable man to help you resolve your home repair needs

Description of Work
Rebuilt back porch steps to bring up to code Rebuilt frame on back porch door Rebuilt and re shingled small flat roof on entry way to basement and adjusted the siding to allow room to add pitch to the roof Replaced a rotted entry way post and fixed the door so that I wouldn't have to struggle to close it. Replaced two window sills that were badly rotted. Added an entry door underneath porch

Category wallpaper