Emerald Acres Inc. Turf & Tree Care

Founded 1988 • With Angi since October 2001

4.4

88 Nason St

Maynard, MA 01754

Family owned Turf, Tree & Pest Control Company. Locally owned and operated for over 20 years....

10/07/2021

Deborah C.

The work was fine, but when I had a few questions on one of the bills I wanted to speak with the owner. I called many times and even went to the to the office several times but never received the courtesy of a return call. Similar complaints on Emerald Acres have appeared on the internet.

Description of Work
Ongoing lawn care

11/01/2017

Sara H.

They never showed up after repeated calls and promises to be there "sometime this week", they never showed. They were supposed to aerate my lawn in mid Oct so I would have time to seed before the winter and their fall treatment. Because they kept delaying me, I completely missed the opportunity to seed before the weather was too cold. At that point, I called for the 4th time and told them to cancel everything. They obviously didn't want my business because the person on the phone said "ok, I'm happy to cancel that for you." In addition, they had the nerve to send me a letter over the winter to tell me they would be starting my yearly program in March. I made sure to call and remind them that I had already canceled that service. Again, they were very pleasant about it. No apologies or explanations. If you want the work you order done, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Description of Work
lawn aeration, yearly care

06/29/2017

David F.

Timely, knowledgeable, and professional.

Description of Work
Treated trees for bug infestations.

Category tree service

11/01/2016

Dallas K.

Emerald Acres has done a great, professional job with our re-engineered lawn. We couldn't be happier with their work.

Description of Work
General lawn care: fertilizer, aeration, dethatching, seeding and overseeding, pest and weed control

Category pest control, lawn service, lawn treatment

09/13/2016

Diane S.

repeat issue of last year. Came out last year and vaccinated tree. Issue resolved for remainder of year. This year, same issue, came out and vaccinated tree again. Issue came back, called to relay issue. No amount of phone calls could elicit a response or a return visit.

Description of Work
treat Magnolia tree for fungus/bees

Category pest control, tree service

09/13/2016

Diane S.

came out first of the year when issue was noticed (repeat issue of last summer). Treatment placed (vaccinate tree). Issue came back one month later. Company notified several times for follow up treatment or review of previous treatment. Called periodically to no avail. On vacation, not in office etc.....

Description of Work
treat magnolia tree

06/07/2016

george B.

They were to apply organic fertilizer. I discovered that they don't have organic fertilizer !! They applied petrochemical based polymer coated fertilizer. I called and learned that apparently they don't know the difference!! Not to be trusted

Description of Work
Apply organic fertilizer to the lawn.

02/23/2016

EDWARD H.

Law looks super. Pretty expensive. They seem to have us automatically scheduled, so the work gets done.

Description of Work
year-round lawn fertilizer program

10/28/2014

Ethan L.

They are reliable and responsive. Personal interactions are pleasant. Lawn is healthy thanks to them.

Description of Work
They maintain my lawn with fertilizer and pest control

06/20/2014

Junaid B.

Can't get them to come out for service (new customer) After reading all the glowing reviews on Angie's list, I contacted Emerald Acres to come out and give me an estimate for lawn fertilization. They came out exactly a week later and left an estimate. I called them up the same day and signed up for service. 2 weeks passed by and no one showed up. No phone calls or any sort of communication from them either. So I called them up, and they told me my information was in their system, but I hadn't been scheduled for any service! OK, let me give them another chance I thought. So we discussed the services I needed (again) and was promised the technician would be out within a couple of days for the first application. Another week passed by and no one showed up. Again, no communication from the company either. So I finally called up and told them I no longer needed their services because of what had happened. To my amazement, there was no attempt to try and retain me as a customer. No apology either. The person I spoke with told me tersely that "I'm all set and they would update their system". This is about as unprofessional as you can get. I have since contacted another provider and within a couple of days, got an estimate as well as the first application.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

06/16/2014

Ethan L.

Reliable. Responsive to my (rare) requests for specific service dates. Come without being reminded. They work fast. Results are good.

Description of Work
Provides lawn fertilization, weed and grub control

06/03/2014

suzanne R.

When we first started with them they were very good. Punctual, and responsive to problems. As we started to have problems with the lawn we were told that the person who comes out was on vacation.If someone did come out for a problem they no longer seemed knowlegealbe. In the summer? That's when they make their money. Then we called because of insects on my Holly bush. I thought they might eat the bush. Again, no one showed up and finally heard the guy was away. Finally the lawn was looking thin got no answers from the company. We have a sprinkler system so it wasn't for lack of water. Had to leave them. Did get many apologies from the secretary, she was very nice. used them from app 20009-2012

Description of Work
lawn care

04/14/2014

Edward S.

My lawn is the envy of my neighborhood. Folks call it "The Fenway." Terry Boots is very responsive and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I have engaged them to fertilize and protect my lawn and plantings for ten years.

04/05/2014

laurie S.

I have stayed with them because the service is so good. I fired the last company when the weedkiller drifted onto my tree form wisteria and just about killed it. They tried to blame the demise on other factors. Emerald Acres has had no accidents. They usually call before they spray so that I can plan my mowers around the service. They charge rates that are reasonable. They spray for crabgrass and grubs at exactly the right time. I also do a tick spray most years, and they time that one for when the nymphs hatch. I really like that they use data and science for plan their treatments. I have never had a billing error from them. And if you pay for the services at the beginning of the year, you get a discount. (And you don't have to remember to pay the bill each time they do something!)

Description of Work
This company has taken care of my lawn fertilization and weed control for at least 5 years.

02/15/2014

Chris B.

VEry well Pleasant competent timely

Description of Work
Removed several small trees and overgrown shrubs in preparation for sale of house

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

01/17/2014

richard M.

I think they're reliable. They do what they said they'd do but there's not much personal attention given to my account.

Description of Work
Emerald Acres Inc. Turf & Tree Care provided lawn fertilizer.

10/13/2013

David G.

Emerald always answers the phone with a human being who has quick access to the account information. They offered me the best prices for a year-long lawn fertilization contract. I pre-pay this to get the lowest price. They track the schedule consistently. They leave a voicemail a day or two ahead of each service, in case I want to reschedule for any reason. They leave a note on the door if I'm not home, explaining exactly what was done. The lawn looks good, especially compared to my neighbors' lawns.

Description of Work
Aeration, fertilization, grub proofing

10/09/2013

William M.

I think these guys do a great job. They always leave a flag and an invoice describing the service performed on a given visit. They'll call you a few days before sending someone out so if you have kids or pets you can plan accordingly. You have to request this service. I've been very happy with the health of both my trees/shrubs and my lawn. The lawn greens up quickly in the spring and the shrubs haven't been as susceptible to damage from the cold since I started using EA. The lawn service seems very reasonably priced given what I used to spend on fertilizer. The tree service is more expensive, but I really haven't shopped around to see how competitive it is. Overall, two thumbs up.

Description of Work
Seasonal contract for lawn fertilization and pest control plus tree fertilization and protection

Category lawn treatment, tree service

08/30/2013

RACHEL K.

They use organic fertilizer. They are very responsive and will email you when they are coming to do the service. Also, they offer a great price.

Description of Work
Seasonal fertilization service.

05/19/2013

James F.

Very disappointing! Didn't notify me of some tree fungus and when I asked for a consult, refused to come and review.

Description of Work
Lawn and Shrub/Tree treatments

05/09/2013

Debbi D.

So far so good. My fruit trees have all bloomed this year instead of being attacked by moths. In addition, the price for the two applications was extremely reasonable. The cost for one year's treatment was equal to only one application with another vendor.

Description of Work
My trees were infected with the woolly adelgid and needed to be sprayed. Emerald provided an estimate in December to not only spray the hemlocks, but included additional areas and controls to treat for ticks and mosquitoes.

03/13/2012

richard M.

They keep their appointments. They are reliable. The prices are fair. They are cooperative and pleasant over the phone. I am very happy with his company. They do good quality work.

Description of Work
They fertilized my lawn.

04/03/2011

Tom H.

Switched to EMERALD ACRES last spring and they have been true to their word. The do what they say they will do and explain what they are servicing. They do not over sell - if anything - under sell. They are in it for the long term. They do both our lawn and trees/scrubs. The results have been great -noticeable difference. Very nice people who return phone calls. Adding them for Pest Control.

Description of Work
They do both our lawn and trees/scrubs. The results have been great -noticeable difference. Adding them for Pest Control.

10/06/2010

Syler M.

I have spent years dealing with folks who put a sign up and pretend to have an education in forestry or related fields and then they come thru and maim and kill everything in their path. They can't identify a plant from a mailbox but their bills don't reflect this difference.He also gave me a name of a company who could do the job and they were also on Angie's List. If you want to hire someone who knows his stuff, than this is your company.

Description of Work
The owner came out to give me an estimate and let me know that my job was too extensive for his company. I had trees that were very overgrown and would require a tree service and hedges that were so numerous (that since they trim by hand) the cost would be prohibitive. I have 3 acres of hedges. This fellow was so knowledgeable about trees and plants. He spent an hour with me going around the property telling me which trees I should keep, which ones were sick, how they should be trimmed, and which competitiors I should call. He spent all this time with me, knowing he wasn't going to do the job. Just a great guy.

10/04/2010

Kenneth M.

Everything has gone very well. The price was very good compared to others and that included lawn aeration of the whole yard (.85 acres). They were very punctual with sending someone out for a quote and they left a detailed package explaining everything. Calling their office has been very easy too. I'm also getting a tree treatment this month that was also very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and aeration. Tree treatment

Mr. OLiveira Landscaping

Mr. Oliveira Landscaping offers services to meet your landscaping needs, including regular lawn mowing and maintenance, pruning, mulching, weeding, seeding/sod work, fall/spring clean-up, planting/transplanting flowers, and snow removal. We are committed to offering exceptional services at a reasonable, affordable cost while being easily accessible and always responsive to our clients. Owner-operated with over 18 years of experience, client satisfaction is our highest priority.

J.A.E Tree Service

We are a highly reputable and experienced tree service company that strives on a great service and happy customers. We accept all major credit cards ! Call us today and we would love to help you.

Offers by J.A.E Tree Service on Angi
    Marquis Tree Service

At Marquis Tree Service our goal is to provide exceptional service. From the first contact to the final cleanup, we strive to provide a clean, safe and friendly experience. We have been an area leader in tree care and tree removal since we were established in 1993. In an industry where safety is paramount, we have made a commitment to do things right.

Satisfaction

Turf Care, Tree Care, In Home Pest Control, Tick and Mosquito spraying, ornamental pruing, lawn aerations.

Lawn mowing, tree removal