Chipman Family Fence

With Angi since May 2016

399 Spring St

Marshfield, MA 02050

At Chipman Family Fence, we are committed to bringing you the highest quality fencing in the area at the best price possible. The only way to do this is by understanding and having been involved in every step of the process—from inception to installation. And we have been. We quote projects, design fences, and can manufacturer our own materials, do quality control, then build, assemble, and install them—plus we’re here to answer all your questions along the way. Of course that doesn’t mean we have to do it all. We can supply you with fabricated fencing for self-installation, install an automatic gate, or repair an existing fence. Our job is to meet your needs, not the other way around. That’s why Chipman Family Fence is quickly becoming the fence company you can count on for all your fencing, gate, and repair needs. Our fence supply and service region serves all of the South Shore region. Please feel free to reach out directly with any questions, or to request a free estimate....

fence company (30)

09/28/2021

Service was amazing top to bottom. The team was incredibly friendly, prompt and helped us through the decision making process. They were flexible and got us into the schedule in a reasonable amount of time, which is difficult in the current market. I would recommend them to anyone and will definitely be doing business with them again!

Description of Work
I needed a fence installed in my yard

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

09/20/2021

He quoted me and seemed very knowledgeable. Wasn't the east expensive but went with him because I liked him. Was scheduled for a 9:00 AM estimate and had to push it to 11:00. Then sent message he was 20 minutes away at 9:04. Sent the quote the same day which was great. Gave the ok to order the materials that same day. I followed up in a week to confirm he ordered the supplies - reply was "not sure I'll send an email now". Never heard back. I followed up 2 weeks later asking for an update and was told the now has 3 other projects and it will be a little bit before he can get to me. At least a couple of weeks. I asked if I should get another contractor and he said yes. I would never hire this company. They are extremely unprofessional and not reliable. Shouldn't have even wasted my time by quoting on the job.

Description of Work
Replacing a section of fence

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

It has been a tough season for all contractors between workers, and supply lines being unpredictable. We are booked 4 months out, I was trying to get this small project done sooner for the customer but it’s difficult in the fence world to give exact install dates as we are supply/weather/ and job dependent. Very sorry for letting down. Good luck with your project.

07/20/2020

Highly recommended. Wendell is easy to communicate with and transparent. The two guys who did the installation were great as well.

Description of Work
Vinyl fence

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

04/05/2020

Good people who performed the job as promised

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

03/22/2020

Wendell was prompt,courteous,polite, got the estimate the next day, bid was competitive ....but I went with a lower bid. He did a stockade fence for my son and it came out great1

Description of Work
Pool Fence

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

02/22/2020

Great - this is the second time I've had Chipman and the were professional as always

Description of Work
a bar along the bottom of my chainlink fence so my dog couldn't burrow under.

Work Completed On 02/22/2020

08/28/2019

Excellently. Wendell advised me on the dimensions and the best material to use for the purpose (black chain link). His guys did great work. The fence is strong and looks attractive and my pup is going to have so much fun and remain safe while dashing around the yard.

Description of Work
Needed a fenced-in enclosure for my puppy.

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

03/21/2019

I would recommend Chipman without hesitation. We needed a fence in our backyard for our dogs. Wendell showed up promptly, was very easy to work with and did a fine job! We needed a fence that would keep our two dogs from wandering into the street, yet not be intrusive on the landscaping. Wendell’s recommendations and final job were perfect! It’s refreshing to find a young man and his crew so astute at customer relations and quality work, plus they were a fun group of guys! Great Job, guys! Bob DeSimone

Description of Work
Backyard Fencing For Dogs

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

07/07/2018

I emailed them to request a quote to repair my fence. Complete silence (>2 weeks later)--blown off. Disappointed with this unprofessional behavior.

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 07/07/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry we let you down. Sometimes I don't get to emails quickly enough, we are a small company and it gets very busy and hectic during our busy season. I'd like to do what we can to rectify the situation as you are our only bad review. Please call me at (339) 793-3380 and we can discuss if there is anything that can be done. Thank you for your feedback regardless.

05/08/2018

Wendall was very responsive, showed up when he said and finished the job in the promised timeframe . We are very happy with our new fence. His workers were very professional and I would recommend Chipman Family Fence to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Replaced an old wood fence with a new white vinyl fence.

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Fencing. Chain Link, Aluminum, Steel, Wood, Wrought Iron, Vinyl, PVC, Fence Repairs, Gate Installation