Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence

Founded 1953 • With Angi since July 2006

3.9

362 Elm St

Marlborough, MA 01752

Through 60 years, Champion uniquely provides trusted “Single Source” responsibility –guaranteeing clients “your last investment" (typically including a lifetime warranty) for replacement windows, roofing, siding, entry doors and sunrooms. Champion does it all: helps you design your project, build it, install it, and comprehensively guarantee it. Customers have shared following installation of their Champion product investment they have dropped their energy bills, increased their homes comfort, enhanced their re-sale value, protected their family's health - and experienced their best home project - ever! As a result of this unique capability, Champion has grown to become the most trusted home improvement company in the USA, with over 70 locations nationally including a showroom and professional service right here in the local Boston area! Champion's mission is providing homeowners their “Safest Choice – Best Experience – Performance They Can Trust”. Customers appreciate “Premium Quality at a Wholesale Value” as a result of lower costs driven by Champion direct factory ownership and buying power. Check out Champion’s reputation at Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau – or just ask your neighbors! Want more information? Visit www.getchampion.com. Additional contact name - Steve West. Additional email - swest@getchampion.com....

12/10/2014

cynthia J.

After sitting down and talking to them as well as several others and seeing samples of the product, that is who we decided to go with. We were happy when the work was finished. We have no problem at all recommending them to others and we have indeed.

Description of Work
We did use them to put in siding and windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

08/22/2014

Paul K.

Will never use this company again. There service department is does not follow back on calls on anything. I will never re-hire this company for another project. This company took four tries to get the door correct. Once they had the correct door, they refused to put everything back as to what they took part. I had to endure another cost to get fixed as well. I asked for a discount for all the trouble, that the Service Rep just laughed at me.

Description of Work
New Door installation

06/19/2014

Todd V.

They were very good. I was very impressed. They were very professional. They were responsive. It took them two days to replace all these windows, which I thought was very impressive. They're holding up very well. Our energy costs have gone down a little bit. As far as heating and air conditioning and stuff like that, it's done well for us.

Description of Work
They replaced all the windows on our top floor.

06/13/2014

Linda J.

The guys arrived on time the first time. The process took a couple of days, which was spread out over a weekend. When they left the property, they left all the trash outside on the lawn and in the driveway. When they were installing our sliders, they got paint on our white blinds that has never come off. The slider that was initially installed was the wrong size, so the lock didn't work. We had to put a stick in the door until that was fixed (more than a month elapsed). When winter came, we found that a gap had developed on one side of the glass panels. We had to put insulation materials in there to try and stop the bitter cold from coming in. When the repair person came eventually (months passed), they fixed the problem. Then the lock on the sliders simply wouldn't work again and a gap developed on the other end of the glass panels. We kept trying to reach Champion, but all the numbers were now out of service. Finally, I called their main office in Ohio, and they referred me to the Massachusetts office. The RI office that had done our job was no longer operating. No one from Mass. called us back. We kept trying and got first one, then a second promise and date for someone to come and do the repairs. Both times, they didn't show up and didn't call. We are now moving from our place and are trying to find someone else locally who can do the repairs. We would never recommend using Champion. All in all, it has been a horrible experience.

Description of Work
Replaced four windows plus large windows and slider onto deck.

06/11/2014

debra C.

no one calls me back... I have called every number that I can find to get to a person in charge but no one calls me back.

Description of Work
I have 2 windows that need replacing due to broken seals. A person came out early March 2014 to approve the work. Told us it could take a few weeks to get them in... It is mid June, no one has called to schedule this work. I call every couple of days, no one returns my calls. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They are not about customer service!!!

05/16/2014

Barbara L.

Service was very good, Mark Elliot and his team were very professional and courteous and they cleaned up very well. Mark and his team did a great job and they went over the old vinyl and pumped in foam insulation in the windows. They used their Champion Window Cleaner to clean up window in my home. I was very satisfied with the work done and would definitely recommend this service to anyone.

Description of Work
Put in 17 new replaced windows, 365 comfort glass. To keep the heat in the house.

Category siding, replacement windows

05/14/2014

Shirley G.

We had new windows installed in 2012. Our bay window developed a leak on the top, after 2 visits it was repaired. Now we have water leaking in from the bottom when we get heavy rain. I spoke to a representative from Champion on May 5, 2014, and was told someone would contact me before the week was over. On May 12, 2014, I spoke with another representative who told me a repair person would contact me - now 2 days later, no call. We would never recommend this company.

Description of Work
Nothing

03/12/2014

Stacey G.

Account for about six months to give the room a chance to go through the seasons and see if there are any issues that come up that they should resolve. I am confident that the dark marks where not on the ceiling when they finished the room in the Fall but that over the course of the winter and the heating/cooling of the room/roofing, the adhesive oozed out between the layers. Hopefully this isn't a problem going forward.

Description of Work
Champion took down existing deck and built a 14 *16 sunroom and small deck with stairs. Overall, we are very satisfied with the end product and would recommend Champion. They offer a 15 year warranty on the material and the labor. We signed the contract on 5/31/13 and for all intents and purposes the room was complete in October 2013. It took a while and the guys worked really hard when they were here. Communication could have been better throughout the process. Some days we didn't know if the guys were coming and we had to ask what the next steps were going to be. We had a few issues with the room that took a while to get resolved. We purposely didn't pay off the balance to ensure that these issues goes resolved completely. The issue was that we had was dark marks on the ceiling as well as holes along the bottom of the room that needed to be filled to prevent insects from going in. These were ultimately resolved. The marks were a mystery (they weren't sure where they came from or how to remove them) and they just used paint to spray over them. Also, being located in CT, Champion used a CT electrician that they hadn't used previously. He used a inside piece under the room and the inspector identified it as a issue - it needed to be changed to an outdoor part. Also, although this room is considered three seasons because its not heated, our town has increased our home assessment to include the square footage of the room. Champion told us that this wouldn't happen. Check with your town first! They went above and beyond in one instance. With the old deck, there was a cement slab at the bottom of the old stairs. They got rid of it for us which was really helpful. I would recommend anyone who has a sunroom built, leave a balance on your.

Category decks, roofing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, sunrooms

03/10/2014

Kendra S.

The advertising made us choose them, but I would never recommend them, or use them again, because by the time they were pulling out of the drive way, I was walking around picking siding that had blown around. They had to come back a second time, but now we are seeing a lawyer, because it is leaking in the window so bad, we have to collect the water. The won't give us our money back, they won't acknowledge us. We got a lawyer, and now they are ignoring the lawyer. The first time they came out, the siding was blowing off. Now it is leaking so bad, everything is rotting now. I don't know what to do, because I am not getting any help from them. I never want to see them again. They charged us way too much for what they did.

Description of Work
We used Champion Window Co of RI LLC. They put siding.

Category siding

12/18/2013

SUSAN C.

They were in and out quickly. They worked efficiently and I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

10/10/2013

Todd V.

3 guys showed up at my house named Mark, Mark & Mike (I think) and proceeded to tear out my old windows and replace them with new ones. The 3 M's were always professional and courteous and never left a mess on each of the 3 days they worked on our house. Our new windows are AWESOME, LOOK awesome and have helped greatly with our energy bills. Thanks guys! T

Description of Work
Installed 8 windows + 1 bay window

Category egress windows, replacement windows

06/07/2013

Melissa C.

Not good bad experience - stairs had to be redone as they did not meet code, nails used in some places,some screws in other places (not deck ones which had rusted) were used, landing not secure, loose, had to be redone. Railing not cut properly, screen door was banging the top railing. Gaps in the wall frames that were cut too short, caulking used to patch the errors, some seam areas were not caulked at all. Wood molding was a patch job, and cut too short, had to have that redone. Numerous roof leaks, which still continue. Screen door needing service 3 times now, coming off of track constantly, tried to get it back in the track fell out again and the edge of the frame whacked me in the head creating a lump. Daughter was sitting in the room the other day, a panel from the skylight fell and hit her in the head, another panel around the skylight was also loose. The molding around the other skylight became loose and had to be repaired. The workmanship on my patio room was extremely shoddy. The only positive thing is that the patio room manager has been responsive to my issues, I would definitely not recommend Champion to anyone considering a patio room, seek another contractor.

Description of Work
Installed 3 season patio room

Category patios

05/10/2013

David S.

Dennis, Peter and Frank Scalzo were always punctual and courteous. They were always very neat and cautious. The quality of their workmanshp was outstanding. I would not hesitate to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
The crew started by stripping off the old shingles they then installed leak barriers, followed by roof deck protection, shingles were installed, finishing with ridge cap shingles.

04/04/2013

Linda K.

The salesman was fine at first, but when I wouldn't sign on the dotted line the same day, he was visibly agitated and even seemed angry with me. Not a good sign. I hadn't received other estimates yet, they were the first but he did not want to hear that! I ended up going with them anyway because of their excellent warranty they offer. Even if you throw a brick through your own window, they will come out and fix it which I think is good. He made me wait an entire week after that to come back...like he was punishing me! I had one contract with the picture window and screening and a separate contract for the small double hung window. The second contract was entered into a couple of weeks after the first contract. When they came to install (which was almost two months after entering the first contract--a very long time especially since they ask for a sizable deposit which was HALF), they had the picture window but NOT the retractable french door screens. That was disappointing to me. No explanation or apology was offered. They finished the window and I did not want to pay the entire amount. They told me that was fine, so I subtracted the screen amount. When they left, I noticed a long drip of what appeared to be glue on the middle pane of glass. I tried everything to remove it, even paint thinner. Nothing worked. They came within a few days and declared it was a "manufacturers defect" and ordered a replacement pane. They came and fixed it within a few days. I believe it was a glue drip from the installation and not a defect. If it was a defect, they would have noticed it before the install. One would hope anyway. Meanwhile, I called repeatedly asking where my french door screens are, since it was well over their own completion date that they chose, and they finally told me they were in in mid to late July. I assumed they would be installed right away but they made me wait until my double hung window installation which was mid-August. I did not like that. The summer was practically over by then and I wanted the screens for the summer! My first meeting with the salesman was in Early May! I suspect they forgot to order the screens when they ordered the picture window. That is why they were not in right away. I never got a reasonable explanation or apology for that. They finally came and did finish both jobs. The worker did not know how much I owed and said the office told him to "go with whatever her records are". So I added up both contracts and gave him the money for the screens too that I had withheld previously. A week later, when they came to replace the middle pane, I received a bill for $117. I was surprised to get that bill. My contracts did not add up to that. By the way, their contracts do not separate out labor costs and products costs, it is lumped together in one lump sum. So they told me I had signed separate contracts for "safe lead practices" which is $39 per opening. The picture window install WAS done with safe lead practices. They put up a tarp and caution tape. The second installation, however, did not use safe lead practices. I did not see tarps and caution tape at all. I could have reported them for this too but I didn't! So I objected to paying this. I also don't believe that it should count as THREE openings. The office worker actually threatened me with collection suit for the $117! Mind you, I had already paid them $4,000 CASH. I have a credit score well over 800. And she is threatening ME with collection for a bill I received two days earlier? Wow. I have never been so insulted in my life! She said if I did not pay it, then the lifetime warranty they offer would not be valid. So I reluctantly paid them. They treat you as if THEY are doing YOU a favor, instead of vice versa. The whole experience was so unprofessional. I would never recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Installed Picture window, one small double hung window and retractable screens for a French Door.

01/31/2013

Richard V.

I am happy with their service. They came back to fix a door that was under warranty and they fixed it free of charge.

Description of Work
I have used Champion Window of Providence. They replaced some doors for us.

12/26/2012

Carole T.

Salesman, Morgan, gave an estimate and gave info about 365 glass - estimate of $12,000.00, installer manager - Jesse - said that estimate was for single pane glass. In order to install 365 glass, contract was revised for $14,000.00.

Description of Work
They removed existing sunroom walls and replaced them with sliding glass doors and windows.

Category replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

12/22/2012

MARIE C.

Below are the issues I sent to Champion's main branch in Ohio on Nov 20, 2012. Today is 12-9-12 and I still do not have a complete room, just a frame. I do have pictures and more documentation if needed. I am so disappointed with the workmanship that was done for a patio room I had installed about a month ago from your Coventry RI facility. I ordered a 10 x 11 room to be constructed under my deck I was told that I would have to replace one of the support beams before they could start. I did that. When I saw the finished room it was 11 x 12 and they took the new support beam out! Now I am missing a beam, a room that is too big it does not fit properly and is leaking badly when it rains. I have already had them come back as the screens on the sliders did not close properly and large pieces of metal sticking out from the top corners where the room meets the top of the deck. This should have all been done without a return visit. I have again called due to the flooding of the room when it rains. They were suppose to come Monday 10/15. I expected a call but as usual did not get one. I called Champion in Coventry and the phone is out. This is my second home, I am not there everyday so I don't expect to have to baby-sit. That is not the case here. I have paid for the room so I am not a top priority although I believe I never was. I am writing this to Champion first as my next step is the BBB.

Description of Work
Patio room installed under deck 10 x 11.

10/26/2012

carol P.

As stated above, very pleased with the end product and have enjoyed our new room immensely so far.

Description of Work
All aspects of the pending project thoroughly and accurately described by Champion representatives. Provided plans for a sunroom addition to the back of our home to be built upon an existing deck, with estimates.Obtained necessary permits, Prepped area for addition of sunroom. Built sunroom in a timely manner. Took into consideration not damaging our lawn and shrubbery. Picked up and cleaned up debris from the day's work and took it away. Workers always, polite, efficient and presentable. After the build, we had a few minor problems which were addressed in a timely manner and corrected right the first time. Was assured any future issues will be addressed in the same manner..

10/23/2012

Cheryl B.

Did a great job installing and have had no problems. Called with my concern and they fixed it right away.

Description of Work
Sliding glass door and front entry door.

10/18/2012

Charles R.

Champion Windows installed a beautiful sun room for us. They had to travel 1.5 hours 1 way every day to work on this job and it took them about a month to finish. The building inspector said that this was a beautifully done job. Then a friend of mine who does surveying looked at this room and said that this is superior work. We have had rain and never had any leaks. The workers were great we wanted to adopt all of them. Everyone who came here was top self. We liked them all a lot. The only problem with this job is that we have occasionally abandon it to go back into the attached house.

Description of Work
Installed a sun room in place of a porch

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

10/14/2012

Rita B.

Although the final product is the three-season room I wanted, the process was unnecessarily difficult. A project that was estimated to take 6-8 weeks took 16. Numerous delays were caused by an inexperienced crew, errors in ordering materials, and problems with the glass manufacturer. It took 12 weeks for the division manager to review my project and determine that the construction manager was erroneously ordering coated glass, which was tarnishing. Division manager only reviewed my project because I refused to pay the holdback until I was satisfied. Repeated replacement of the defective glass left numerous nicks, scratches, etc. ? with me having to apply touch-up paint to the damaged frames. The only positive part of this process was the construction manager - Kevin - who addressed all of the problems without argument. He stated his goal was to make me a satisfied customer - not attainable given the extent of the problems. And, for the record, although Champion does windows, they do not do windows. You would think they would have an effective method for cleaning glass and windows ? they do not!

Description of Work
Partially dismantled existing deck, enlarged deck, and constructed 12'x19' three-season room with single-pane windows, cantilevered roof, and skylight. Did not install finished flooring. Landing and stairs also constructed. No landscaping provided.

10/12/2012

Janice L.

They did a great job. They are also very responsive if I we need to have them come out to fix anything. They even came to soundproof it for us later because we were unable to hear our TV during heavy rains. They also were responsive when we had issues with the locks on our windows.

Description of Work
They built a four season room for our house.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

09/27/2012

Shirley G.

The person who came out to give the estimate (Matt) was very professional and knew the product. We had a window that came off the track and would not stay up. When we called we were told that there was a 5 week wait for repairs. We asked to speak to Mark, who had been out before to adjust some windows and were told that we couldn't speak to him. The person who answered the phone didn't seem to be very customer friendly.

Description of Work
We had 6 double hung and one bay window installed

01/10/2012

Deborah F.

They seem to be more expensive than everyone else, but everything seemed okay. I think that said they are a little busy and it may take six weeks before they could start the work. I am still waiting on the final estimates from everyone before I make my decision.

Description of Work
They came to give me an estimate

01/01/2012

James G.

The windows are great but the service is terrible and the people of Champion are morons

Description of Work
This is a must read if you are considering Champion. Up to the moment right before we gave our down payment, they were great. After that, they were horrible. Installation was supposed to be done in 4-6 weeks. Didn't start till 10 weeks after down payments. Customer service is terrible. Do not expect them to call you back, you have to catch them off guard. One time I called and I asked for Morgan, they asked for my name, I told them, their response, "Oh, he's out." They knew I would be calling and they had no guts to answer the phone. As I sit here typing this up, I am waiting for them to get back to me because, after measuring windows in one of my rooms twice, the windows they brought didn't fit. If I had to describe this company in one word it would be amateurs. I WOULD NEVER USE CHAMPION AGAIN

Martell Construction

We are a family run business, with experience since 1990. We've been in business since 2004 and specialize in roofing, siding, window replacements, and all phases of general construction! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Precision Roofing LLC

If it's roofing that you're looking for, then contact the New England roofing company that can do all kinds of repairs and quality installations. Go with Precision Roofing, and your home's exterior will be well taken care of. Since 2005, we have been proud to say that our roofing services have been widely utilized throughout the area. We even do gutter installation for your convenience. Our roofers are always equipped with the latest tools and are always kept up-to-date on advancements in roofing. We take pride in everything that we do. When you want a superior New England roofing company, then reach out to the pros from Precision Roofing.

BBS General Construction Inc

We are mid-size construction company, owned by the members of a big, close knit and blessed family. We value relationships and loyalty. We respect wisdom that comes with the age and experience. That is why we honor our customers, and have a special “soft spot” for elderly customers and veterans. We also appreciate our planet; when possible we try to use materials and utilize practices that conserve our environment.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Replacement windows, sunrooms, patio rooms, vinyl siding & entry doors.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence

How is Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence overall rated?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence is currently rated 3.9 overall out of 5.

What days are Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence open?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence is open:

What payment options does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence provide

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offer free estimates?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offers free project estimates.

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offer a senior discount?

No, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offers warranties.

What services does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offer?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence offers the following services: Replacement windows, sunrooms, patio rooms, vinyl siding & entry doors.