Innovative Contracting Services Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2009

Special Promotion for Spring 2014: Free full roof inspection and report. If you're considering a new roof and not not sure you need one, this free report will provide you with the information you need to make an educated decision. Also a Preferred Remodeler for James Hardie Siding.Additional Service Areas: Portions of Ashland Norfolk, Chelmsford Haverhill, Chelsea Saugus, Concord Maynard, Dorchester Braintree, Downtown & Norwood Brockton Counties....

Arlington, MA - Painting

+2 more images

house painting (90)roofing (55)siding companies (54)window replacement (28)decks & porches (19)gutter repair (16)woodworking (12)door installation (9)general contractors (8)interior painting (5)deck cleaning (5)pressure washing (4)

04/12/2021

Andrew Y.

The team at ICS was great to work with. They were responsive, set clear expectations, and completed the work efficiently and to perfection.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

04/12/2021

Amanda S.

The entire process was excellent. We wanted to replace our existing siding with durable hardi board while maintaining some of the charm of our Victorian-style 100 year old home. ICS did a great job and the final product looks amazing. The staff (Mike, Nick and Nora) are professional and responsive. The pricing was competitive with other quotes we received and there were no surprises from initial quote to final cost. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Category siding, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

04/08/2021

Jon L.

It went extremely well. The work didn't start on time but because our end got screwed up by lockdown stuff. They were understanding and worked with us. Once the work started it went fast. The whole team from the guys pulling boards off the house to the people in the office were friendly and communicative. We didn't have a lot of mid-project changes or challenges, but what we did was worked through and everything came out to our satisfaction. The house has received many compliments. We'd definitely work with ICS again.

Description of Work
Siding replacement on old three story Queen Anne sitting on a very small lot.

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

04/07/2021

Kelly F.

Incredible. From start to finish - impeccable, organized and high quality work. They said what they would do and did what they said. Amazing.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

12/05/2019

Ella S.

I've never been so happy with a vendor. They are outstanding across the board: quality, service, culture. Thank you to the whole team.

Description of Work
Replaced siding with James Hardee siding

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

09/04/2019

warren A.

I meet him at the property for a quote to replace 15 windows, he seemed professional took measurements it has been over 2 weeks and I have never heard back, I have left a number of messages as well. I got 3 other quotes from contractors after his visit for the windows and have the job booked already. Innovative was their the same day a contractor came to give quote for insulation and that job has be scheduled as well for next week. If that is how you run your company I will cross you off my list. The house needs over $100,000 in work including a new bath and an addition off the back with a dormer and a bath, a new kitchen and a deck . Your loss.

Description of Work
I called for a quote to replace 15 windows.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

05/10/2018

Mary C.

This is a follow-up to my previous review. ICS eventually contacted me to complete the necessary repair. We were promised the work would be done in March--we were put off until May due "to the weather". The repair itself only took a couple of hours. Nick contacted us about the repair and did a great job with his crew. They were neat, punctual, and thorough. Nick was great to work with and easy to talk to. Our whole experience took 8 months to get repaired. While the work was great, I wish the company had been more responsive to initial call and had responded with greater customer service--especially someone they had preciously done work for.

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category house painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

01/18/2018

Mary C.

We set up an appointment to get an estimate from the manager of the company, who was in charge of our original job. The manager never showed up for the appointment. I tried contacting the company for the subsequent two months. I was always told that someone would get back to me or no one ever called me back. They refused to answer my phone calls. I finally decided to try from a different phone number, and they picked up on the first ring. I was again told that someone would contact me. The manager did eventually contact me that evening, but only through email. He proceeded to tell me that they were not interested in doing any repair jobs right now they were only going to be working on big jobs and that my repair job would have to wait until March 2018 to be even be considered. I find this terrible customer service for a company that we paid to Reside our entire home. We would not recommend using this company to anyone. They are unresponsive, have terrible customer service, and are only interested in the big jobs.

Description of Work
ICS did a complete residing of our home in 2014. We needed a repair in fall of 2017 to a board that had been damaged in a recent reroofing job.

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

12/22/2017

Sean K.

Excellent professional experience on all aspects. Scheduling, workmanship, follow up. I believe the job foreman was Nick, he arrived on time with the crew, went over all the details, performed a great inspection upon completion

Description of Work
.Installed 9 windows, removed all clean up.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

11/22/2017

Judith R.

The job went well . The workers were efficient, polite and neat. The roof looks great. The clean up afterwards was very efficient.

Description of Work
Removal of 3 layers of shingles and installation of new roofing.shingles and flat rubber roofing.

Work Completed On 11/22/2017

10/20/2017

cortney K.

I originally chose ICS for two reasons. One was that they seemed like the best option - out of the two Elite Preferred Hardie providers in the area they came across more down to business and the reviews were all great. The other was that out of the two Elite Preferred vendors they did far more jobs in the Camberville area so seemed more likely to be able to handle the quirks old houses in cramped spaces will cause. I also appreciated how they provided a huge list of previous jobs as part of their pitch, not only did it seal us on going with them but it helped us refine things like siding color by seeing live examples in a city-ish environment. Their workers were efficient, pleasant, and kept the site clean. We couldn't be happier with our decision. I went in believing they were likely the best option in the area but now I'm sure of it. Comparing the quality of their work to some of the other Hardie buildings in my neighborhood it's clear that they pay a lot more attention to detail, and I'm glad for that. Even when issues would pop up, if it wasn't just a misunderstanding on my part (which it usually was), they took care of them quickly and with no BS - nothing is ever perfect but they try to get there. I was appreciative of how they always took the time to respond to my questions in a timely manner and explain what was going on. They never pushed back when I asked to add on stuff mid-flight, which I did a few times. At the end of the day they transformed our fairly dumpy mid-1860s era house into one which is already getting compliments from the neighbors as being the nicest looking place around. Thanks!

Description of Work
Coordinated removal of old asbestos siding. Stripped remaining siding. Installed Hardieplank. Replaced 3 windows. Rebuild front door area to accommodate a standard sized door. Replaced portions of old gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

08/06/2017

Bryan A.

Mike (owner) and Nick (project manager) were great to work with. They displayed great communication and were completely transparent with all the work being performed. Any issues that arose were quickly resolved. Their work was meticulous. I've already hired them again for a smaller project.

Description of Work
ICS installed James Hardie fiber cement siding, replaced 5 existing windows and 3 entry doors.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

Review for Innovative Contracting Services Inc - 323 Commercial Street, Malden, MA - 35978327

05/09/2017

John D.

Excellent. Final product better than I hoped. High level of professionalism in all phases of the project.

Description of Work
Three tab shingles tear up. Architectural shingles installed. 25' x 50' split level house with 6/12 pitch roof . 12' x 16' sunroom addition with 3/12 pitch roof.

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Review for Innovative Contracting Services Inc - 323 Commercial Street, Malden, MA - 34999071

04/26/2017

Nicholas S.

My wife and I purchased a fixer-upper about five years ago with the idea of restoring it over time, as we plan on living here for many decades to come. We’re therefore extremely careful when choosing a contractor, and are always looking for someone who will do the job right as opposed to just getting the job done (in our experience, this quality is not easy to find). That’s how I came across ICS. It was important to us that ICS is an ‘Elite Preferred’ James Hardie contractor, which I discovered on the James Hardie website, and our experience from this discovery to today (the project is about 95% finished) has been overwhelmingly positive. From the moment Emanuel came out to the house to provide an estimate, I knew we had found the company we were looking for. Emanuel is both professional and exceptionally knowledgeable, and was able to explain the re-siding process and answer all of my questions on all the various options available with a notable clarity that put me at ease. Emanuel’s crew who are performing the project are equally impressive. Alex and Reg’s craftsmanship is first-rate. Their attention to detail is excellent, and their adherence to the James Hardie Installation Guide is spot-on. I know because I read through most of the installation guide before the project began. Why did I do that? Because I wanted to be sure the job was done right. HardiePlank is not wood or vinyl, and as a result comes with its own special (and very important) installation requirements. For example, the ICS guys only used factory finished ends for butt joints, included flashing behind all butt joints, installed kick-out flashing between all roofs and walls, etc. All important stuff if you want your siding to protect your home properly and look good for the long haul. And all the stuff many contractors reportedly neglect to do. Nick (the project manager) and Elizabeth (their office manager?) are always quick to respond to my questions and keep the project moving smoothly. Of all the contractors we’ve hired over the years, ICS is one of the best, and maybe THE best, we’ve ever experienced. I strongly recommend them to anyone considering re-siding their home.

Description of Work
I hired Innovative Contracting Services (ICS) to re-side our circa 1900 home with James HardiePlank lap siding. This involved removing the existing vinyl siding as well as the old cedar shakes underneath, and replacing with HardiePlank, trim and new gutters.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/21/2017

Sergey Z.

It took a long time to schedule, but once scheduled, work was performed in one day. Very high quality installation.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

04/10/2017

Raymond G.

Emanuel was sent to provide me with an estimate. The experience however was like a painful trip to the dentist. Every window he pointed out the flaws and how they were going to be real expensive to replace because of the high labor costs involved. At one point he asked if I would be okay if they ended up damaging the walls in the process by accidentally put a hole in my wall? Every window we looked at was followed just by negative criticisms. In the end, I turned down even having them give me a quote because of how poorly it went. I got two other quotes from two other contractors; none of them were as negative or even suggested the intensive labor costs that Emanuel did. When someone is buying windows, you want them to feel positive and assured that the process will go smoothly, all the benefits to gain like energy savings, high craftsmanship, a good price etc...

Description of Work
I called ICS to come out to give me a quote on replacement windows for my entire house.

Category replacement windows, house painters

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

02/28/2017

Kathy C.

ICS was recommended to me by a friend, and it was one of the BEST recommendations ever provide and I feel so lucky to have crossed paths with this company. Everyone in my neighborhood is talking about what a great job ICS did. Neighbors stop me on the street or beckon from nearby to tell me how much they love the exterior renovations! One man even mentioned watching the progress and noted that the crew was always on time & was very dedicated to the job. Overall, I'm super impressed with the work ICS did on this project. At the start of the project we discovered that the job required approval from the local historical commission before work could start. Mike Bettencourt went above & beyond to attend Historical Commission meeting to gain approval for the changes. He is a tremendous resource, a great problem solver and I really appreciate all that he did to overcome the concerns of the Historical Commission. The site crew are very professional and skilled carpenters and the results clearly show their commitment to excellence from start to finish. I highly recommend ICS and want to express my gratitude and appreciation for the great work they did on my house & the positive impact they made to our neighborhood. I am house proud and filled with joy seeing the transformation.

Description of Work
1. Help getting approval from Arlington Historical Commission to make exterior improvements on home. 2. Contract included 1). Coordinate asbestos removal, 2). installation of new James Hardee siding & trim, 3). install new windows, 4) frame interior windows

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

02/15/2017

Elizabeth B.

Emanuel, Nick and Mike were great to deal with during the estimating process and the project. From start to finish I was very happy. They constantly communicated with me and explained all repairs as they appeared. I received pictures almost daily of the progress and saw a project manager on site every day. The crew was very courteous and a pleasure to work with. I have 2 small children and the crew made sure the grounds were cleaned thoroughly every day. I would highly recommend ICS to anyone.

Description of Work
Re-sided and re-roofed my single family home.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

02/05/2017

Beate B.

ICS did an amazing job with our roof and will undoubtedly be my choice again for future projects. Everything from the initial encounter to completion of the project was excellent. Emanuel clearly has a lot of experience. The initial consultation was very nuanced and helpful, specifically because the previous roof had a lot of issues which had resulted in water damage and rotten wood underneath the shingles. Discussing specifics of our roof, what we may anticipate when he old shingles are stripped, and the pros and cons regarding what would work for our roof and what wouldn't was very helpful and enabled us to make a very well educated decision. The crew worked very hard, efficiently, well coordinated and the project was completed within 4 days. We are very happy with the end result. THANK YOU ICS!

Description of Work
Roof, 3 unit condo

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

02/03/2017

Erin F.

Emmanuel from ICS was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. We called the company to get a quote for replacing a roof on a 3-unit condo building. They were prompt to reply and answered any questions we had. Emmanuel was very patient with us too, thoroughly answering questions, no matter how small. ICS did the whole job very quickly, and cleaned up completely afterward. We are very happy with the job, and would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

01/28/2017

Neil C.

Innovative did a great job. They did the work as and when planned and their crew was very professional. We have had no leakage or any defect, and they have stood by their work. When I called with a small cosmetic question recently (just over a year after the original work), they knew who I was, came to take a look the next day, and sent a crew member to do the 15 minutes of work the day after that. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Description of Work
replaced our roof in preparation for solar installation

Work Completed On 11/16/2015

01/19/2017

Marco H.

Mike and his crew did a great job overall. Anytime we had a concern they did their best to address any issues. We're very happy with end result.

Description of Work
Resided entire house in James Hardie siding. New trim for house and windows. Paint porch and some trim. New gutters and downspouts.

Work Completed On 05/02/2016