Full services with precautionary measures

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Alaa

Founded 2002 •

76 Broadway

Lynn, MA 01904

Home Improvement Services We give full attention to our clients’ needs and desired results. It is YOUR home and we work for YOU! The lack of respect and consideration all too common in the industry will not be found here. We are a proudly family-owned business that strives for your satisfaction. Focused on building reputation, as well as relationships, and we are available to you before, during, and after the job is done. Over 22 years experience, licensed/insured, and will work with you to meet your expectations and beyond... ...

11/07/2021

Vlad K.

Eric and his team did an excellent job with our porch. They were timely, skilled, and knowledgeable about how to properly construct our porch. Eric and his staff were very conscientious and took time to create a beautiful design. It was a pleasure watching them build our new and improved porch. I highly recommend their service to anyone who is looking for a meticulous contractor. You will be in good hands!

Description of Work
Front porch renovation

08/19/2021

Edward N.

Handyman was a nice professional and did work well and cleaned up all the wood and debris. I called him the next day and he said he would come back and fix it but he never did!

Description of Work
Re did my bed frame to make the new mattress fit. he did everything but the night of the work one of the legs collapsed! It’s has damaged the wall and paint in the area where the headboard was at it sits on the floor now. I would like 2 get someone to fix the leg and Repaint and fill the scratches.

11/16/2020

Michael D.

Everything went perfect. Eric was here everyday early and got the job done on time. Couldn't ask for anything more. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Replacing wood deck with composite

11/12/2020

Rosemary S.

It was a pleasure to work with Eric and have recommended him to several other potential clients. I look forward to working with him again.

Description of Work
Carpentry - Woodworking, Decks & Porches

09/09/2020

barb C.

I would highly recommend Alaa. Eric was punctual and professional. I will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Handyman Services - shutter hung

Category handyman service, woodworking

08/31/2020

Nancy Z.

Professional work, excellent results.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 interior doors. One closet and one bathroom.

Category doors

08/08/2020

Phoumarin N.

Eric and his team did an awesome job. I’m very elite and 110% certify. I highly recommend Eric to anyone. Done fast, fair and simple.

Description of Work
Carpentry - Woodworking, Decks & Porches

Category woodworking

06/19/2020

Tina C.

I was very please by his work and also his demeanor. Very Personable and a hard worker. I give him 5 stars in my book.

Description of Work
Eric put together a Mid Century Daybed/Sofa and a Recliner

Category handyman service

Thank you so much, was great to be able to meet another local business owner and discuss life in general with you! Wish you and your husband all the best, and many days of falling asleep in the recliner after a hard day’s work!

06/04/2020

Farzam M.

Very professional, friendly and cost effective. Definitely would use Alaa services again and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Play structure move and rehab

Category blind cleaning

This was actually the first play set I have ever restored in my home improvement career and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! It was wonderful to meet you and your family and I wish the kids many fun filled days enjoying this play set!

06/02/2020

Kathleen J.

Eric (company owner) was great from the beginning to the end of my project! I needed an old wooden shed removed from my backyard and asked for it to also be disposed of. Eric maintained great communication with me prior to the job so I knew exactly what to expect and when the service would be performed. His price was very fair. The job was scheduled quickly and Eric took the shed down by himself and it was not an easy job for one person. He was quick, thorough, and respectful to my property. He cleaned everything up completely before he left. I was so impressed with his work ethic and positive attitude that I have already hired him for a couple of future projects. I would highly recommend Alaa Home Services - you won’t be disappointed,

Description of Work
Handyman Services - Shed Removal

Category handyman service

So very happy you were pleased with the outcome. It was great to get to know you as a huge part of this for me is meeting different people and building relationships. I definitely look forward to working for you again.

05/28/2020

Keisha D.

Everything went really well, He is very professional, kind and respectfull...

Description of Work
Air conditioners installed, furniture put together and exercise equipment assembled...

Category furniture repair, handyman service, replacement windows, window treatments

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to be able to help you out, and to meet you and your family, I wish you all the best and to stay cool and comfortable! Call me for any questions or additional help needed

05/09/2020

Nadege N.

Mr. Sneider did an amazing job on our house. Eric built 2•6 lalley columns by cutting and removing rusted columns and replacing with steel columns in our basement. He repaired a missing cap, washed and cleaned out clog gutters. Eric pressure washed our stone wall patio, the back area siding affected by molds, the garage and the exterior of our house. I’m extremely please with Eric’s work and would recommend family and friends to ALAA. Eric’s passion, commitment and hard work really paid off.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category blind cleaning, pressure washing

Thank you so much, as I always say this is what I do to support my family but it is a treasure for me to meet people and form relationships that extend beyond the usual client/service person scope. Glad to be a help in anyway to you and your family, thanks for being a part of ours!

04/18/2020

Sahya K.

Most people only read the first few lines of a review so read this. Hire Eric Sneider of Alaa. Read no further, just hire him (at least bring him out for a quote and give him a shot). You will not be disappointed. If you still need more explanation, happy to provide that. He's new to Angies list but will be very popular soon, so book your project soon! I am not related or affiliated with Eric Sneider or his company Alaa. I hired him to find a solution to a project involving getting air conditioning working in an attic space apartment with non-standard window (slanted non-opening windows). I brought 3 other vendors before him for quotes all of which said the project is nearly impossible because of the height of the house (3 family house on the side of a cliff) and that a special industrial sized crane would need to be involved and special scaffolding built out. They all said the project is relatively easy but access to the roof would not be worth it. I found out later they were trying to up sell me. Then I spoke to Eric Sneider who had very cost effective, safe, and unique solutions. I informed him what my requirements were, and he very quickly understood it. From the moment I contacted him he began researching solutions for portable A/C vents for the Honeywell A/C unit I had. He even went the extra step of contacting Honeywell directly to discuss it with them as well as his personal contacts within the HVAC industry. He ended up creation and fashioning his own vent because the a/c model I bought did not make a standard vent. The final product looked perfect and exactly what I had envisioned. When you hire someone from Angies list you want to be able to give the project to them without worry and without having to micromanage the project to make sure it stays within scope. I've had to do that with many folks in the past. Eric Sneider is different. If you place a project in his hands it will stay safe and it will be delivered. He constantly reminded me that if at anytime I felt that there was something I didn't like about the project even after completion then just reach out to him and he'd come by to make it right. I didn't have any issues with the final product because he is a creative perfectionist and just the type of person you want working in your house.

Description of Work
Handyman Services (installation of 3 vents for 3 portable A/C units in an attic space apartment)

Category handyman service

I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that you are so satisfied with our work! It was a pleasure to meet you and your brother and be able to come through for you. It is a good feeling to hear such kind words and they are appreciated. Helping to keep everyone nice and cool in the unit means so much to me, especially in this time of uncertainty and time spent at home as a result. I wish the best to you and your family always and as I said before- don’t hesitate to call for anything

04/16/2020

Melinda R.

The job went very well . He was on time and very professional would highly recommend him for any job large or small

Description of Work
Bathroom ceiling

Category handyman service, interior painters

Thank you very much, I am glad we didn’t find any extra issues and I can’t stress that if anything comes up at all even if it is a moment of worry please call- but I think you are all set. It was very nice to meet you and be able to help you out

04/16/2020

John S.

The work was great !! Very detail orientated they took the time to do the job right they didn't just rush through.the workers where great and very respectful to me and my family definitely would hire them again

Description of Work
I had two rooms to be painted and the trim on the first floor and some holes to be patched

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Glad to be of service, pleasure to meet you and your family, wish you all the best and please call if you need anything

04/03/2020

William M.

It went absolutely wonderful. He showed up on time, performed the work in a timely manner and was extremely clean.

Description of Work
Painting mudroom

Category handyman service, interior painters

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to work for you, please consider me a friend always. These jobs in life are what we do to support our families but the value of meeting good people is the most valuable! Wish you all the best, contact me anytime

03/20/2020

Ryan S.

Everything went great! Eric was extremely professional and informative. It was one of the few experiences with a contractor that I actually felt he had my best interests in mind, and respected my budget. I have gotten compliments (even from another contractor painting), regarding how well the window work was completed. They could tell just looking that true attention was given (something I definitely wouldn't have noticed, not knowing anything about windows...)

Description of Work
Every windowsill and trim replaced, back porch rebuilt, fence (mostly installed), interior doorway and door installed

Category handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters

Thank you, so very glad to have the chance to get to know such a down to earth and kind person. It all has been a great experience, call me for anything anytime!

03/19/2020

Matthew B.

I was more than satisfied with the service I received. They were very easy to communicate with and friendly to deal with on a personal level. The trim work was done in a timely fashion and for a very fair price. I highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Trim work, exterior touch up

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed]- was a pleasure to work for you and we are pleased you are satisfied with the results!