Biomass Tree & Landscaping

Founded 2002 • With Angi since October 2011

We are a professional tree & landscaping company based in Bolton MA. We service neighboring towns such as Acton, Boxborough, Harvard, Ayer, Shirley and Lunenburg as well as other surrounding towns in the central area of MA. Our customer base is residential customers and local business. Most of our clients use our services all year round . Feel free to contact us with any of your tree and landscaping questions. We do look forward to working with you.Free Estimates-...

Rutland Turf Care

Lawn Care and Fertilization Services in Massachusetts. Rutland Turf Care is the lawn care division of Rutland Nurseries, a premier landscape design and construction firm for over 60 years in New England. We take the guesswork out of establishing and maintaining a healthy, green lawn that stays beautiful all season long. With the harsh winters and extreme fluctuations in temperature in Massachusetts, it is very important to choose a turf management specialist that understands the climate and soil in MA. Our lawn care programs have been developed with over 60 years of experience in the landscaping business right here in New England. Our team of highly trained specialists understands the nutritional needs of Massachusetts turf , and uses the highest quality lawn fertilizer and turf products available only to professionals. Rutland Turf Care also offers Mosquito & Tick Control Programs to keep your family safe and enjoying the outdoors all summer long! NEW- we also now offer Deer Control Programs to protect your landscape design investment from hungry deer during the harsh winter months. Lawn Fertilizer Service Lawn fertilization companies in Massachusetts have a great challenge with our harsh winters and extreme summer temperatures. Timing is everything when it comes to applying the right types of fertilizer and other lawn care products at the right time. The key to a healthy, green lawn is the RIGHT amount of fertilizer and weed control at the RIGHT time of year and at the RIGHT application rate. Besides proper fertilization, our turf management specialists also offer treatment for these common lawn issues: crabgrass management, grub control, dandelion control, insect control, aeration services, overseeing, fungicide applications, herbicide applications, lime applications Lawn installations and restorations are also available.15% OFF FOR ALL MILITARY ACTIVE AND RETIRED

The Poison Ivy Guy ~ Undesirable Plant Eradication Only

We are LICENSED and INSURED professional POISON IVY ERADICATORS covering ALL OF MASSACHUSETTS. We DO NOT offer Lawn Care or Landscaping Services. We are located in MetroWest so have the quickest response to Berlin, Boylston, Bolton, Hudson, Northborough, Marlborough, Southborough, Westborough, West Boylston, Worcester, Shrewsbury, Clinton, Lancaster, Sterling, Hopkinton, and Holliston. We do kill poison ivy in ALL OF MASSACHUSETTS so travel beyond these towns as well. We are affiliated with Coopers Poison Ivy Eradication Service. "No job is too small, so give us a call!"

Monteiro And Sons Landscape Services, Inc.

With experience and reliability, Monteiro & Sons’ Landscape provides you and your family with a well designed and maintained outdoor living space that can be enjoyed all year long. Our family owned business, with hard working employees and reliable owners, work with you to create an environment suitable for any of your needs. Our jobs range from larger landscape design projects to weekly or bi-weekly mowing, to masonry work such as patios and walkways. Regardless of your outdoor needs, we are happy to care for your landscape. We provide services all four seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter. Please contact us today for a free estimate on any of your outdoor needs. For pictures of some of our work, please check out our gallery! We are based out of Framingham, MA and happily service the Metrowest area and surrounding towns. We service towns including Natick, Dover, Sherborn, Wellesley, Weston, Newton, Sudbury and many more in the area! If you have a question about your town, please give us a call! If we cannot help you, we will direct you to somebody who can.

07/07/2021

Summary: Exceptionally well done project. Easy to deal with, great prices. Detail: We hired Biomass to replace a deteriorating retaining wall on our property, to install a long walkway, and to spread a considerable amount of crushed stone. This was a $20,000 project, Biomass was the lowest bidder on the project and instilled the highest level of confidence. The owner helped us from the very beginning to envision what the finished product would look like and he offered up several suggestions for improvements to the plan; really helping us to see what was possible. Management and employees were all punctual, courteous and accommodating at all times; and they all worked very hard in 90+ degree heat. All of the details of the project were handled; all we had to do was select the hardscaping products we wanted to use and the rest was taken care of by Biomass. Our requirements changed several times during the project and Biomass was flexible in this regard. We added additional work onto the order toward the end of the project and that was no problem at all for Biomass. We are also confident that this retaining wall will stand the test of time; I watched the team install much of it and there were no corners cut. We are delighted with the finished product and will be using Biomass moving forward for additional improvements to the property. Thank you Biomass!

Description of Work
Retaining wall built, extensive hardscaping, etc.

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,marble & granite,hardscaping

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the great review! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear that you are happy with the job done! It was our pleasure to work with you and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/01/2020

I have used Biomass three times now and can't recommend them highly enough. They are reasonably priced, thorough in getting the work done and always respond. They took down a large pine in my yard as well as trimming another. They have also chipped downed branches and removed undergrowth for me. I will be using them again!

Description of Work
Tree and brush removal

Category lawn service,tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business and kind words, is always a pleasure to work with you. We hope you have a wonderful summer.

08/07/2019

The service was excellent. They were prompt returning calls/email/texts. I was able to schedule the work within 2 weeks as they promised. They confirmed the date before the scheduled day of work, came in early in the morning to complete the work. They were careful around mature plantings, and cleaned up meticulously after the work. Their prices was most reasonable among the 7 quotes I received, all from the recommended businesses. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
10 trees taken down from the yard

08/02/2019

Excellent. Very pleased with service and quality of work.

Description of Work
Tree removal, landscaping with mulching, brush trimming and planting and tree planting

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

06/10/2019

I have been a very satisfied customer for twelve years. I find the work to be first rate and the team is very easy to deal with.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn service,leaf removal,tree service,snow removal

06/09/2019

Biomass has done superior work for us for over ten years, all done promptly and efficiently, and at a fair price. The owners, Juan and Maria, are also lovely people!

Description of Work
Both tree work and lawn mowing

Category lawn service,leaf removal,tree service

05/14/2019

I have never been treated so poorly by a service provider in my life. They left without reviewing the work with me (even though they knew I was home), and I was shocked when I went outside and saw how different what they had done was from what we had discussed (we had met twice about this as well -- once when originally quoted and once at the start of work, and I was very clear about what I understood would be done, and was reassured that we were on the same page). I called immediately after seeing the partial work, giving them the benefit of the doubt to say "I'm assuming you're coming back another day to finish?" and was told I'd hear back ASAP. I got an email the next day with an invoice, saying the work was done and with accusations that undisclosed new work was discovered on the job -- despite the fact that nothing was new, everything had been discussed and reviewed in advance and the morning of, and my understanding of what was covered in the quote was documented in writing in an email prior to the work starting. I was very frustrated at this point, so I replied to the email and called to discuss, and started to hear a very different story for what had been included in the quote. I said I felt I was being taken advantage of, and that I was going to share my experience in the form of a review if this couldn't be made right. After being told that I was "making serious accusations," and trying to explain my perspective, I was assured someone would come out Monday to review the work, and I was asked to share pictures of the incomplete work. I did so immediately, arranged to take off for part of the day on Monday, and asked if they could let me know ASAP when to expect someone so I could coordinate with my boss and with the drop-off of my children. No one came or contacted me by 12pm on Monday, so I called to follow up and left a voicemail. I was understandably frustrated at this point, but stated that I would still appreciate someone at minimum contacting me about next steps. At 1pm, I got an email saying someone would be contacting me at some point about coming by. At 3pm, I got an email saying that I had been "threatening" and they would not be doing business with me. The email included a revised invoice reduced by 1/3, without any discussion with me about that reduction. I replied and offered to pay 1/2 of the original invoice as I believe 1/2 the work we agreed upon was completed. I said we could walk away at that point, as we clearly weren't going to see eye-to-eye. and I wanted to be done with this and avoid posting a negative review. However, I only wanted to pay for the work I believe was done against the quote and what had been discussed. After not hearing back, I mailed a check the next morning for 1/2 the original quote. I got an email later that day calling me "belligerent", and received an invoice in the mail for the remaining amount (which I will pay just to be done with this horrible experience). I understand that this is a small business and I really did not want this to escalate the way this did, but I am in shock about how I was treated. I don't know when dissatisfaction with a job as quoted or sharing feedback became "threatening and belligerent" but I hope these business owners can learn from this experience and never treat someone the way they have treated me. I am sure based on their accusatory responses to me thus far they are going to reply and insinuate that this is all my fault, but I highly advise anyone reading this to think twice, or at minimum, to insist on a detailed, signed contract and not take their word for what is included in the a vaguely documented quote. Note: Image below is an "after" picture (one of many) of an area they were supposed to have cleared all wood/logs and ground covering.

Description of Work
Horrible experience

Category landscaping,lawn service,leaf removal,tree service

01/15/2019

Work completed as expected with thorough cleanup.

Description of Work
Tree limbs trimmed from several trees

10/05/2018

BioMass replied to my on-line inquiry within a day, they were out for an estimate the following day. The price was reasonable. They sent a written estimate by the end of the day and later on sent a text to let me know if I accepted the proposal, they could be here in the morning. From start to finish it was only 3 days with written estimates, signed proposals and services performed. While they were here they also consulted on some other tree issues I have and sent an estimate for that service by the end of the day. All of this is remarkable considering some other places didn't even bother to return a call or respond to the on-line inquiries. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I needed a dead tree overhanging my driveway removed.

09/25/2018

It went excellent! Biomass returned my call immediately, and had a quote within my hands by the next morning. The price was very good. Biomass kept in constant contact until the job was completed. The crew should up on time, and were very professional, accommodating, and courteous. They were in and out in less than two hours. They left no footprint. Everything was so clean, that you would never know that they were there. I would highly recommend them, and plan on using them again.

Description of Work
I had two rather large trees removed from my yard.

Category tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review, it was our plessure to do business with you and we hope you will contact us again! Best, Maria

Residential & commercial tree service,(Tree Removal TreeTrimming Expert Climbing Pruning of Ornamental Trees Thinning to alow for light Fine Pruning & Shaping Wood Chipping Stump Grinding Tree Hazard Removal Shrubs/Bushes Removed & Trimmed 24 Hours Emergency Service Lot Clearing/Firewood Bucket Truck Service Grapple Truck Service , landscaping, raking, mowing, weeding, planting, mulching, trimming, pruning, dethatching, aeration, designing and installing drainage, gutter cleaning,

Check, Financing Available