We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

SHP Fine Carpentry Inc

Founded 2014 • With Angi since April 2015

145 Burlington St

Lexington, MA 02420

We are providing high quality remodeling, woodworking and general contracting services in the Boston Metro West area. From handcrafted cabinets to kitchen remodeling and entire home renovations, we are one stop and shop for any project that involves high craftsmanship and attention to the detail.

04/12/2021

Kameliya B.

We could not be happier with our experience with SHP. They did an outstanding job on our kitchen remodel and home office and we have nothing but positive thoughts to say about Stefan and his team. Stefan goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect and really the quality of anything they do is absolutely phenomenal. The subcontractors they hired were professional and polite. The vision, the design, the craftsmanship is top notch. This guys are more of an artists than contractors and our home is more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend anyone considering any type of home remodel to contact SHP Fine Carpentry. I look forward to work with them on my next project.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you so much for the opportunity and the trust to work on such an important projects as yours and look forward to work together in future.

12/22/2020

Gail S.

Stefan did an excellent job, we love our new bookcase. We had an opening in the wall of our living area that was a designated space for a bookcase. We needed one built that would fit into this space and would also enhance the design of the open living area. Stefan reviewed the space with us and recommended the design. He took great care in building and installing the bookcase. Stefan is professional, reliable, and does excellent work. We would definitely hire Stefan again.

Description of Work
Custom Built Bookcase

Category custom cabinets, contractors, woodworking

10/13/2020

Sarah R.

Stefan is excellent! After a great experience with him building a custom mudroom and built in cabinet in our family room, we called him back to advise us on a few smaller outstanding projects we had around the house. He carefully explained what would be possible and what wouldn’t be worth it to save us time and money. In the end, he did a beautiful job inserting shelves into an awkward alcove in our daughter’s room. It fit so well it looks like the shelves were always there. All this for a very fair price. A big thanks to Stefan!

Description of Work
Cabinet Making, Carpentry - Woodworking, Painting - Interior

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review [Member Name Removed]. I am so glad that you are happy with how this project worked out. This little alcove spaces are perfect to be utilised for shelves or cabinets and you can get a really great use of them. This project is a perfect example of something that I cannot stress enough when talking with clients- in every project there are always different paths you can take, especially in custom cabinetry and woodworking, and what I always try to communicate first is to determine, what approach would make most sense in a particular situation. To determine this approach is something that ultimately will make a project successful or not and this things happen at the very early stages, when we are still discussing the idea of building something. There are all kind of factors that need to be taken into consideration and this is something that I take really seriously. In many cases, just like with your kids room cabinet I am asking myself- how can I make a maximum impact, add value while keeping the budget in mind. It’s one thing to build a kitchen or entertainment center and another to do something that’s more, tucked away, so to say. At the end of the day though, no matter how small or big is a given project, it has to be perfect and of really high quality and I think we were successful in this respect as well. Thanks for choosing to work with us again [Member Name Removed] and mostly, thank you for your trust.

09/29/2020

Laura S.

So its Covid and we do a Facetime to accomodate his request to look at this small bookshelf build next to kitchen staircase (send him picture and dimensions of project ) He then calls me and says he believes it is not straightforward and more complex - then asks me for my budget which I refuse and ask him straight-out if he doesn't want to do the job; responds no he does and then quotes me 4x my nearest recent quote- what a waste of time !!

Description of Work
bookshelves in kitchen

Category custom cabinets

So this its Covid, and I take my time, although on Face time, to listen to the request and ideas on a random person who gets in touch with me. And this is what we do at SHP, we gonna carefully listen to anyone who gets in touch with us and see how we can help and if we are the right fit for our customers and if the project that our customers wants us to build is the right fit for us. In this case we spoke 2(two) times over the phone, which didn’t cost anything to our prospective client. Our client didn’t pay us me nothing for spending 30 min on Saturday morning, per the clients request, instead of spending this time with my son. It didn’t cost you anything when I spoke with you over the phone this afternoon and told you my opinion. I not only put this time to talk to you, but it took me time to think about your built in project and going through different scenarios and how something can happen there. I can’t understand where your frustration with me is coming from- one thing I can think of is that you didn’t like my quote. And that’s totally fine- you have full right to go to the next company who will help you achieve what you want. I am not fine with being accused of things I never did- I never made any promises to you, I never took on your project and I never charged you any money. In contrary I only spent my time and knowledge for your benefit, so you can write this review. It’s interesting that my only other review like this one is from someone I never did work for. The people I work with are always extremely happy. Angie’s list, please take notice- I spent my time to listen and give an honest opinion to what I think about a certain project. This didn’t cost my prospective clients a dime. I only tried to help them and only because they don’t like my quote, to write this review? We do work that matters, for people who care and that’s the bottom line. Good luck with your project, sir.

05/19/2020

Jon M.

Working with Stefan was a pleasure. His work was excellent and we are very happy with how the staircase turned out. Once the project began, he kept the project moving along quickly, never missing even a day. As options presented themselves, he communicated them well, giving us pros and cons of the various decisions along the way. I would gladly hire Stefan and his crew again without hesitation.

Description of Work
staircase construction

Category remodeling, woodworking

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed], I am really glad with how your staircase came out and I wish you to use it and enjoy it for many years to come. Best Regards

03/18/2020

Sarah R.

Stefan is excellent. He is very diligent about doing the work perfectly. He has a great eye of detail. His craftsmanship is super and we are so happy with the new custom built in cabinet and mud room in our home.

Description of Work
Cabinet Making, Remodeling - General, Carpentry - Woodworking, Builders - Homes, Painting - Interior

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, interior painters

It was totally my pleasure. I am really glad with what we’ve achieved with this project and I hope you’ll enjoy this cabinets for many years to come. Best regards

09/26/2019

Craig S.

We hired Stefan to construct a large built-in bookcase. It looks great! Stefan was great on the design phase, where he had a lot of very helpful suggestions, and during construction he was very diligent to make sure everything looked perfect. The project was just finished, very happy with it.

Description of Work
Custom Built-in library

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

The whole team wants to thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for your trust and for giving us the opportunity to design and build a very significant piece of your home. I know you’ll make it a great harbor for the many books that you have and it’ll be cherished for generations. To some this library may look simple, but in reality it is a pretty complex project in every aspect-design, building, installation and finishing. This is a high quality custom piece that requires great level of commitment,craftsmanship and hard work.This is what we do for our clients. Thank you again for your business and we’ll be glad to work again in future.

06/16/2019

Scott T.

Stefan did an excellent job. He is a perfectionist and very detail oriented. The site was completely cleaned up at the end of each day. This is the second time that I have used Stefan and I will definitely use him again. I recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
Roof deck railing, basement stairs and replacement of rotted fascia boards.

Category woodworking

Thanks for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. I think we succeeded to deliver a high quality product within a certain budget and we did it In a variety of projects, such as building a custom mahogany railings, new set of stairs in the basement and replacing the entire gutter system and all facia boards with new ones. Now your home is good for years to come. Should you need any quality work done in future projects you know how to find me. Thank you for your business!

03/31/2019

Amy S.

Stefan is wonderful - extremely professional and nice. He did a great job on my kitchen cabinets. It's the sort of job that needs an eye for detail which he definitely has. The price was really good and he kept to his estimate even when my old and uneven kitchen caused things to take a whole extra day than expected. He even cleaned/vacuumed when he was done and I think my kitchen is cleaner than it was to begin with. Quick and easy communication and was able to get something scheduled really quickly. Would absolutely hire again!

Description of Work
kitchen cabinet installation

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

It was a pleasure working with you [Member Name Removed]. Enjoy your new cabinets.

12/08/2018

Brian W.

Good. Stefan worked within our budget to get us something we are extremely satisfied with.

Description of Work
Building a mantel for our fireplace.

Category contractors, woodworking

12/05/2018

Lauren B.

I'm an anesthesiologist, and I tend to expect everyone to bring the same level of obsession and precision to their work that I bring to the operating room. In general, I have been disappointed by the home improvement industry, but Stefan is a wonderful exception. From the very beginning, he was responsive, honest, and dependable. When I mentioned off-hand that I couldn't meet on a certain day because it was my daughter's birthday, he showed up with a birthday present at our next meeting. His work is beyond perfection, and he brought my little sketch of a home office to life more beautifully that I could ever have imagined (see pictures). Details that I never even knew to consider were thought out to perfection with executed with surgical precision. I look forward to working with Stefan again in the coming years on a few bathrooms and a kitchen. There is no one else I would hire to do carpentry or cabinetry in my home.

Description of Work
Custom cabinetry, desktop, and shelving for a home office

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for the kind words, for the trust and opportunity to build this project for you. I am personally very happy with the outcome as well and have to say you truly deserve this. I always say that it takes two to tango and without your support this project was not going to be what it is today. I wish you to use it for many years to come and for our future projects I want you to know that we will exceed your expectations again.I look forward to work with you again.Thank you

Ryan B.

Outstanding quality and workmanship. Working with SHP was a pleasure throughout the entire project. We had a very unique design & idea and Stefan made it come to life!!! It was also great to work with 1 contractor - he truly took care of everything for us, from design to finish/completion. If you are looking for high quality millwork & cabinetry craftsmanship with an even higher customer service detail, then go with SHP Carpentry!!! You will not regret it

Description of Work
Custom built-in cabinet

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Hi [Member Name Removed], your words are too kind. Without the trust of our customers we will not be able to go far and here I want to say big Thank You to all our clients for the support and trust. There are a lot more great things to come.

Kameliya B.

I have used SHP FINE CARPENTRY for couple of custom built in cabinet projects already and cannot tell how happy I am with the overall experience. Would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for high quality custom millwork and cabinets. The other great thing is they do everything from design to completion, which makes everything so much easier. You have to deal only with one contractor.

Description of Work
Custom cabinets

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

I am glad you are happy with the outcome Kamey. Should you need our help in future don’t hesitate to contact us. Best regards

Ryan B.

Again, simply spectacular. I was impressed from the quality of SHP when they did other projects in our home 2 years ago. This time we needed our kitchen to be remodeled and they did great again. This company is unique in a way- they are incredible woodworkers and cabinet makers and at the same time they are the construction managers.This results in unparalleled quality. They are completely hands on project, they are trustworthy, all of their cabinetry is made in house and there are really no limits for what they can build for you. Would highly recommend Stefan and his team.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

08/21/2018

mary T.

Stefan is a true craftsman, and he performed outstanding work. He was prompt and responsive, and he left my house immaculate. I knew I wanted built in bookcases, but didn't have a clear vision of what I wanted. Stefan came up with a few designs for me to choose from, and gave me good advice on what would work in my space. His prices were not the cheapest of the carpenters I contacted, but I wanted a high quality product that would enhance the design of my home. Stefan really delivered.

Description of Work
Custom bookcases and cabinets

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

[Member Name Removed], I want to thank you for the opportunity, to build this project for you and for your trust and for how easy was to work with you. You deserve the best and I am very happy that we deliver this exact cabinets for you. They are special and so are you. I hope you will enjoy them for many years to come. Best Regards Stefan

08/21/2018

Stacy S.

Not well. Met and reviewed scope. Paid for drawings, which didn't have dimensions - just artistic work- and received a quote to build the cabinets. Communicated anticipated start date (in 4 months from date of conversation) and he agreed. Contacted him at the time discussed (4 months later). He showed up to scope and said he made a mistake on the quote - that the price was double - and he didn't have time to do the work. We lost 6 months of time on a renovation project to have these cabinets built while the place was under construction. We had to move in without cabinets. What a waste of time and money.

Description of Work
custom built in cabinets

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am very surprised to hear that from you after over 18 months since I last saw you. First I don’t know where the 500$ you are claiming it cost you for my consultation, because you bought the deal for design and consultation from Angies List and it was for 49$ and I haven’t gotten a dime more than that.Hope that extra 0 was a mistake. Also the time line is very incorrect and misleading- after you claim the deal for 49$ I was ready to come and talk right away, but you weren’t ready and I have your emails and can easily prove this is not the case. To sum things up I came to your house three(3) times where we discuss things and I presented you with 3D renderings of the cabinets, the way they would look in your particular living room and you said they “look beautiful”. The only thing that’s accurate in what you are saying is that I made a mistake with the estimate, quoting 1 cabinet instead of 2 and I admit that mistake and I apologised you in person, in your home. That however was prior of starting any actual work and if it harm anyone that was mostly myself. After that you never said that you want me to proceed with the work and I was left with the impression that you don’t want to get into business with me, which I am totally fine with and I understand, but to make this statements here after all this time and after the efforts I put into designing and consulting you is really not best I can expect from you and I don’t see where is all this frustration coming from. I spent my time and gave you so much information, that most contractors are never going to bother to do.However I am sure you gonna find the right person to get this project build for you and I want to wish you luck moving forward. We have 95% extremely happy customers, but I guess we can’t make happy everyone not matter what we do.

08/14/2018

BEVERLY G.

We found Stefan from the reviews and photos of his work on Angie's list. He was terrific. I did not know that it is more difficult for a cabinetmaker to install premade cabinets rather than do all the work on site, but Stefan was able to work with the designer and us to make sure every issue was resolved to our satisfaction. His craftsmanship is excellent. As the daughter of a professional luxury boatbuilder and home renovator, I am very picky about work meeting my dad's standards. In addition, Stefan had all the qualities we want from people working on our home. He is professional and pleasant to have around the house. His projections of when he could start the job and how long it would take were right on target. He was meticulous about cleaning up the work area every night and even exceeded my expectations of returning the garage we had used to store the cabinets to it's original condition when he had finished. I think we will probably need more builtin cabinetry in a basement renovation we will be doing. I am certain we will turn to Stefan first for this new project. I can't say enough about how happy we were with his work.

Description of Work
WE had custom display cabinets manufactured by a well regarded company, but they did not do installation.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

I am so happy that we met your high expectations [Member Name Removed]. The parallel that you are making with your father is more than flattering. Quality, integrity, workmanship and ultimate customer satisfaction are what we strive to deliver every time in every project that we do. It was a pleasure to work with you on such an important project and I am sure we can build some more wonderful things again in future. Thank you so much!

06/20/2018

Michelle F.

We are very happy with the work performed by SHP Fine Carpentry. Stefan was genuinely interested in the problems we were trying to solve with the project, and suggested wonderful solutions. They arranged for an electrician to do the electrical work, and that work was also well done. The cabinets and shelves built look fantastic and did solve our storage problem. We will contact SHP Fine Carpentry first for any future carpentry projects.

Description of Work
Built In Cabinet and Shelves

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to build this cabinets for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us, should you have any projects in future. We will make sure to exceed your expectations. Best Stefan

04/17/2018

mindy A.

Stefan is a craftsman. He sent an estimate by email. His work was outstanding. I hope to hire him again.

Description of Work
Handrail for inside entry steps

Category woodworking

I am glad we were able to help. Enjoy your new handrails.

04/11/2018

Elyse H.

Great, Stefan worked with us to come up with a design that was in budget and what we wanted. We would definitely hire again. Very responsive and punctual.

Description of Work
Fireplace mantel

Category remodeling

Thank you! It was very nice building your fireplace mantel and surround. Enjoy it!

02/08/2018

Hassan C.

Stefan was great in that he identified exactly what needed to be done to get to the quality that we wanted. Instead of just trying to tinker around the edges he explained why the drawers needed to built anew. We had tried to adjust them in the past which did not work. He was very professional in explaining the work, billing us, giving us a timeline and getting the job done on time with minimal supervision. I did not have to chase after him at all.

Description of Work
I needed drawers in my mudroom built-in reconstructed as the old drawers were flimsy. I also got wider shelves for 2 closets installed.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, woodworking

It was great working in your beautiful home [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for appreciating our craftsmanship. Quality work is very important to us not only because we like to build things, but also because it brings great value to our clients homes and creates a better living environment. In our work we look after the little things, the details that are so important in life. Our approach to each project is very individual and it has to reflect the lifestyle of our clients whose needs are always unique. We would love to work with you on any future projects, should you have one. Thank you for your business!

11/13/2017

Pei Jun C.

Excellent Craftsmanship. Very neat and clean. Very prompt and professional- would hire again.

Description of Work
He built a custom fireplace mantle surround/shelf.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking

I am always happy when idea comes to life and my customers love what they've got. For all future projects, you can always rely on us to deliver great quality custom works, complete service from design to execution, dedicated work and at a fare price.Respecting the properties of our clients and keep everything as safe and clean as possible is also very important for my business.Enjoy the new addition to your beautiful home and thank you for your business.

10/14/2017

Evan H.

Extremely well. Stefan was responsive via email, punctual at each step, and ultimately accomplished exactly what he promised. I'd definitely work with him again.

Description of Work
Stefan replaced some posts on an outdoor railing and took care of everything from initial assessment to final paint. He also coordinated with an electrician to ensure that lights could be placed on the new posts.

Category decks, woodworking

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was very nice working with you. You can always count on us in your future projects.

05/08/2017

Lois B M.

Excellent. Stephan is very easy to work with. His craftsmanship is first quality. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Replace a portico in the front of the house.

Category remodeling, woodworking

Thank you for the kind words, [Removed Member Name]!It was a true pleasure to get this job done right for you. It was challenging project, but I am very happy with the outcome. Thank you for the trust to work on your beautiful home and I hope we can do so in future.

04/02/2017

Kamran R.

We hired SHP via Angies List as part of a special offer for 40 hours of carpentry at a set price. Stefan came over for a consultation and then a couple of weeks later (delay was due to our schedule) he and his assistant Vlad began work and completed the project within the window we had set. We were very pleased with the quality of their carpentry and with the experience of working with them.

Description of Work
Building of custom bookcase/bookshelves set

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity and the trust ! It was a true pleasure to work on your project.You and [Member Name Removed] have a very good taste, great style and you know what you like, which made my work a lot easier. Hope we can work on your projects in future and do even better. Best Regards