Outlook Home Inspection

28 Outlook Dr

Lexington, MA 02421

12/13/2020

Avi C.

Mohan was just phenomenal. We called him on a Friday to see if he could do a home inspection for a house we plan to buy. I had difficulty scheduling a time when he and my buyers agent were both free, so Mohan called my agent himself to work out the schedule. Within 5 minutes of calling Mohan, I had an inspection scheduled for the next day. The appointment was for 1pm and he said it would take about 1.5 hours. We arrived a few minutes before 1pm and Mohan had already arrived and inspected the roof — he came early because it was going to rain and he wanted to still safely inspect the roof. During COVID19, Mohan was very clear ahead of time how we were all going to maintain safety. He wore a mask the entire time and had a laser pointer to show us stuff from a safe distance. He took pictures of everything. He explained everything and was so patient with us, especially as first time home buyers. Mohan also isn’t alarmist but still very upfront about potential repairs. For example, Mohan would say that we should replace the hot water heater because of leaking and explained how much it would cost. He also would show us stuff that didn’t need to be fixed now but should be fixed within the next X amount of years. He even showed us preventive stuff - for example, the gutter downspouts were draining right next to the home, which has a stone foundation and can be highly susceptible to water damage. Mohan suggested to buy a dehumidifier and place it in the basement to prevent moisture and prevent damage that hadnt even occurred. The appointment was for 1pm Saturday and by end of the day, I had received a written report of his inspection.

Description of Work
Home and Radon Inspection

03/22/2020

Sarah S.

Mohan was incredibly thorough, detailed, and helpful. He was great to work with and was helpful in guiding us through the process as first time homebuyers.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/21/2020

James V.

Mohan, was very professional and enjoyable to work with. He was extremely thorough and helpful to us as first time home buyers.

Description of Work
Buyer's Home Inspection

10/11/2019

Kenny V.

It went really well. I am a first time home buyer and Mohan made sure and went over the inspection very carefully, to make sure I knew what the situation is with my home. His report is very thoughtfully written and goes over all aspects that he went through on the report. This really made me feel confident closing on the property

Description of Work
I was buying a house and needed an inspector before purchase.

07/15/2019

Carolyn V.

Mohan is best-in-class and the only person we use for our inspections! Over the past two years, Mohan has completed 5+ home inspections for us and each time he demonstrated exceptional professionalism, expert consultation, and remarkable patience for all of our many (many) questions. Mohan's most notable unique differentiator is undoubtedly his willingness to stop and teach during every step of the inspection. While other inspectors rush through quickly, Mohan has a passion for creating teachable moments to tell you about the care and maintenance of your future home and ensure you understand everything from existing issues and potential risks to how to leverage energy efficiency down the road. Each property we had him look at was vastly different and yet, his broad knowledge of systems and the unique differences between the age, building type, and materials all which helped guide our home buying decision. After the inspection, he provides a comprehensive home inspection report and is always available to offer guidance and help even after the meeting. Over our time together, Mohan truly became our trusted advisor and we look forward to using him again for yearly maintenance checkups on our new home and for consultations on our HVAC system!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

06/26/2019

Sara R.

Mohan arrived early to get an overall sense of the house before we arrived at the start time; this helped to efficiently drive the overall inspection and conversation. He is very knowledgeable, thorough and informative; we learned so much about proper homeownership. He is also incredibly professional and kind, offering us some cold water at the end given that it was a hot and humid day. The report he sent post-inspection was very intuitive and inclusive, making it easy to move the conversation forward with the seller on contract work that must be done near and short term. This is the guy you want doing your home inspection. 10/10

Description of Work
Home Inspection + Radon Test

05/21/2019

Sarah S.

Our home inspection was great. Mohan was extremely professional and punctual. He answered all our questions and was incredibly thorough. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Home inspection

05/12/2019

David W.

Mohan was extremely thorough, friendly, and professional. I felt as though in another life he would make a very effective detective as he noticed a variety of non-inspection details also (like an old box of bullets tucked into the other corner of dusty basement he was inspecting). His report had high quality digital pictures of all defects found. He was also able to recommend appliances and service providers to remedy some of the issues he found. I would enthusiastically recommend him to others looking for inspection services.

Description of Work
Hired Mohan from outlook home inspection for a pre-offer inspection and full home inspection following purchase

04/22/2019

Frank B.

Mohan was very professional in his work and his report was of an excellent quality and very detailed. He arrived early for the condo inspection and had already started looking at the real estate. During the inspection, he really took the time to explain the importance of everything in such a way that a lay person would understand. He was recommended by our real estate agent and I was not disappointed on the quality of the service provided especially given that it was my first time as home buyer.

Description of Work
Home inspection before condo purchase

04/02/2019

Molly S.

As a first time home buyer, I found my inspection with Mohan invaluable. He was detailed, walked me through everything in a way I could understand, and was professional. He gave me a very detailed report with photos. It's been helpful as I hire contractors and run through a checklist of things I need to handle.I'd recommend him to anyone - especially first time home buyers who don't often know all the intricacies of home maintenance.

Description of Work
Thorough, educational and professional inspection

Radon Systems LLC

Guaranteed Results! Radon Systems LLC has installed over 20,000 successful Radon mitigation systems since 1985. Radon Systems LLC is one of the few full service Radon mitigation companies that remediate both Radon in air and Radon in water. We are state certified and fully insured. Radon Systems LLC is recognized by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) and the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST).

DryBoston

We are the preferred disaster restoration, clean up and home remodeling company for Massachusetts homeowners. We stand behind every job we do. Please contact us if you want our team to get to work for you. We'll be on our way to get started.

Blue Owl Home Inspection

At Blue Owl Home Inspections, our detail-oriented home inspections will help you buy a home on your own terms, ensuring that you have the knowledge to be firm in your negotiations, sure in your decision, and ultimately successful in your journey as a homeowner. In addition to home and pest inspection, we also offer radon and mold testing. Contact us today or schedule on line to request an inspection!

Offers by Blue Owl Home Inspection on Angi