Barnard Landscaping Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 2007

3 Allen St

Lexington, MA 02421

Landscape contractor, maintenance, planting, pruning,Fertilization, Spring and fall clean ups, Irrigation. Masonry - Fieldstone walls, Bluestone walks and patios. Paver walks and driveways. Chimney caps, hoods, pointing, restoration. Excavation - Demolition, additions Dumpster rentals.

08/09/2016

Mara B.

Very poorly. He started out strong 3 years ago, and has completely petered out. We pay a fortune. He went up on his seasonal contract price by 50% this year, and his service has plummeted. Our complex looks like crap. We are beyond disappointed. With no lawn to mow with the current drought, you'd think he'd at least make an effort to pick up grounds' debris? Uses a blower for ten minutes a week and leaves. Had to chase him for months to do the contracted spring cleaning. Ran out of mulch and left a portion of the grounds not mulched. Promised flowers right after Memorial Day. Three weeks later, with no response and no flowers, we gave up and hired a separate gardener to plant flowers. Had to chase after him to trim the shrubs, which were a month overdue for pruning. Then, he shows up on a Saturday morning at 7 a.m. to do this, and wakes up the whole neighborhood. We have some small trees that are dead, and some small trees that need trimming. Nothing. A few weeks ago, we had to rent a lawn mower to mow a portion of our new grass ourselves, which he said didn't need mowing. It was up to our shin bones. Right now, we're doing all the grounds maintenance, and he's getting all the money. Seriously, he sucks.

Description of Work
Total grounds maintenance.

07/15/2016

07/15/2016

12/03/2013

Katherine B.

Bob Barnard is a nice guy but I am no longer using his company for a couple of reasons. If I asked for anything out of the norm (=lawn cutting, leaf blowing), I was put off for weeks. I have a perennial garden which requires mulching in spring and fall, and this has never varied. He was highly inconsistent in providing this service, often resulting in frequent calls and reminders to him that this needed to be done. Frankly, these services WERE NOT OUT OF THE NORM FOR ME because they were something I scheduled every year. In theory, a yearly contract should be customized for the individual, and mine was. Still, they could not deliver on this aspect of care without chronic calls and reminders, and I fatigued of having to do this. Really, it shouldn't be necessary at all. Takeaway: if all you need is routine yard work, then you are probably ok with his service. But if your yard requires ANYTHING beyond that, I would seek out another provider who might better deliver on services required. Another issue I had with him and this is a biggie. I have two dogs and a pet door so that my dogs can access the yard. I cannot remember the number of calls and emails I had with Bob about his staff leaving my backyard gate open after they had cut my grass. This occurred numerous times (I live a half block from Mass Ave., which everyone knows to be an extremely busy street, both day and night). After terminating service with Bob, his staff showed up. They probably were not aware that I was no longer a client which is why they stopped. But they must have been reminded of this fairly quickly because they left, but not without leaving my backyard gate open...YET AGAIN. Fortunately, I am at home a lot so I could catch the gate-left-open problems. But for any other pet owner who isn't at home, this could be a cause for SERIOUS CONCERN.

Description of Work
yearly contract for lawn and yard maintenance, which included mulching, lawn care, yard care, and lawn irrigation, gutter cleaning.

10/01/2012

Harold Z.

They always do a good job. I don't have to call them up; they automatically come and feed the lawn and take care of everything.

Description of Work
They do all the lawn work and landscaping. They are going to do a fall clean-up after the leaves fall.

09/12/2012

Gertrude (Trudy) S.

I have had him for 3 years. I am very satisfied. He is accessible, flexible, and responds to any concerns.

Description of Work
He does weekly mowing for me. He also does fall clean up.

05/14/2012

Kathleen C.

Owner never called back and no one showed up for an estimate. To be fair, this company may not service my area, but I would have appreciated a call back to tell me that.

Description of Work
Called the company to secure an estimate for landscaping services for the season. Friendly office admin called me back promptly telling me I'd get a call from the owner. Owner never called.

07/14/2011

Sara F.

In terms of the service that we hired them for, they have been very good. They have kept up well with the lawn. They just came out to trim most of the bushes and did a good job on that. I have had some issues in contacting them and not having them get back to me.

Description of Work
We use Barnard Landscaping Inc. They have done some mowing, some other lawn care and landscaping things for us. They trimmed most of the bushes during their last visit.

06/03/2011

Nancy N.

Bob made time to meet with us during his (and our) busy Memorial Day weekend. We agreed on an approach and plan of action to clean up the larger, oddly-shaped lot our recently purchased cottage sits on. Given its physical location (2 street corners), it had not only collected the trash of its previous owner, but litter from passers-by. The sparse lawn was overgrown; hidden rocks, tools and cinder blocks presented walking and mowing hazards; poison ivy abounds...but Bob's crew appeared and carefully raked, whacked and mowed their way through it all and left us with a respectable yard. On top of that, Bob appeared the next morning (today) to personally assess the job. He pointed out areas that he will have someone come back and address where the grass had flattened during mowing and now was standing up again; he also pointed out all the poison ivy and will be back to spray it then send workers to clear the dead vines away. Note that the price paid was the first month's payment on a 7 month payment plan to also include mowing, grooming and pruning from now until fall, and a fall clean-up. Everyone was friendly, professional and thorough. We are very pleased!

Description of Work
Yard clean up, trimming, mowing.

Category lawn service, leaf removal

05/24/2011

PATRICIA T.

Initially Bob and I had connected but he had not come out due to his busy scedule; however, once we had set up a time for him to preview my property and spent at least 2 hours with me going over my landscaping needs, he was prompt, very professional and gave me a time when his crew came out to take care of the spring cleanup. I was very impressed with how much time they spent and how hard they worked to make my home look in pristine condition, unlike it had never looked previously. He even came by at the end of the day to make sure that we were satisfied with the work. I am so happy with his service and look forward to having him take care of all my landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup, clean out of shrubs, edging, mowing, mulching and eventual of pruning of shrubs after blossoming season.

11/25/2010

Ellen O.

Bob Barnard provided us with an a la carte service designed to meet our particular needs. His workmen were skilled, polite and reliable. They arrived on time each day they were scheduled to work. We look forward to their service next season and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Mowed lawn, trimmed edges, edged beds, mulched beds, pruned shrubs, from April to November, as well as a Spring clean-up, and Fall clean-up.

11/19/2010

Harold Z.

I have used their service for about three years now.

Description of Work
They do my lawn and landscaping every month. I am satisfied with their work.

07/07/2010

Donald H.

They were very good. I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Barnard Landscaping put in a walk and front stairs. They also transplanted some bushes and put in a bunch of bushes in front of the house.

Category landscaping, masonry

07/02/2010

Alex W.

It went very well. Bob was very knowledgeable about landscaping and very honest about what was necessary and what was just nice. His crew was very responsive and listened and followed our specific instructions. They did a professional job and made my property look extremely well. They were very neat and left everything looking great when they left. Even though their contract was for full service, they allowed me to pick and choose only the services I felt I needed.

Description of Work
I hired the company to do Fall Cleanup in the Fall of 2008. I was very satisfied with their work so I hired them the following season to do Spring Cleanup and other lawn and landscaping jobs. They also shut down and started up my irrigation system. I contracted with them to do complete landscaping for me for 2010.

09/16/2009

Ellen O.

They are on time, are consistent and they do a good job. Their prices are reasonable and we would recommend them.

Description of Work
They did some landscaping work for us on several occasions. They have trimmed and pruned our shrubs and they have done mowing as well.

09/23/2008

Harold Z.

Mr. Barnard came over and explained in detail what needed to be done and it was done. I had used a cheaper lawn service before which did come regularly but things had gradually deteriorated under their care. Besides that I didn't like the owner of that business because he was arrogant. Then I tried another one which hardly ever came, but they also never sent me a bill. I guess they were used to doing bigger jobs because I saw their trucks everywhere. At any rate I had to call repeatedly to ask them to send a bill. So even though Mr. Barnard is more expensive, the job is getting done very well and I have no trouble contacting him.

Description of Work
I don't recall how much I paid for the initial cleanup, but they did a very good job. I now pay $415 monthly for maintenance and my lawn and bushes, etc. look much better.

05/21/2008

Donald H.

Bob Barnard came over promptly for the estimate. He was really helpful in designing the project. Price was fair and they started work remarkably fast (about 2 weeks after we accepted the estimate.) His masonry foreman, a swell guy named Dan, explained the plan and worked 5 days straight to completion. Dan worked with one helper, made some very helpful suggestions, took deserved pride in his work, kept the disruption to a minimum, cleaned up each day, and did a terrific job.

Description of Work
Demolished old front door steps, built new steps and landing and walk.

Category masonry

09/20/2007

NORMA W.

I have been very happy with Barnard Landscaping Inc. Robert Barnard is a regular and dependable man. I pay him on an annual basis which includes the mowing, trimming shrubs, removing dead trees and spraying for bugs. They tend the yard for the whole year and do whatever is necessary. This company provided the lowest estimate that I got.

Description of Work
They mowed and trimmed my 1/3 acre lawn.

Category lawn service, tree service

Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC

We are a fully functional construction company who can fulfill all of your home improvement needs. We can tackle any task from large to small inside or outside your home. With over 10 years of making customers happy, you can have full confident in knowing that we will handle your job with the up most care.

Offers by Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC on Angi
    Masstone Landscape Construction Inc.

Since 2006, Mass Stone Landscape Construction has been committed in providing our customers with the very best in landscape construction. From your driveway to your backyard patio, Mass Stone uses only quality products and the latest installation techniques in order to turn our customers' ideas into reality. Locally owned and operated in Massachusetts, our clients have learned to expect a high level of quality and customer service, which comes free of charge. Communication is key in any job, so we listen to our clients first to find the right solutions always keeping our customers updated throughout the construction process. - BBB Accredited Business - Fully Insured Company. - 10+ years of residential and commercial landscaping design & construction. - Free Estimates. - No trip charges. - Warranty Available.

CF Masonry

We have 30 years of experience. The best service, the best price! Waiting for your call. CF Masonry is a full service masonry contractor serving Eastern Massachusetts and Southern NH. CF Masonry is experienced in constructing stone, brick, CMU, hard stuck, pavers, natural and manufactured, stone veneers, brick veneers, brick and stone pavers, CMU buildings, CMU, retaining walls, walk ways, stairs, patios, elevators shafts, fireplaces, chimneys, tile, and more. Our experience includes commercial buildings, residential buildings, apartments and condominiums and retail stores. CF Masonry was founded in 2009, but we have 30 years of experience. We can provide references from former & existing customers. Call us for a prompt, competitive estimate.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Landscape maintenance and construction, excavation, trucking, masonry, chimneys, stone walls, patios, walks & steps.