ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston

HIC148962
Massachusetts
Massachusetts: Home Improvement
11/08/2021

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

401 Lowell St Ste 2

Lexington, MA 02420

We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Exterior projects, un-occupied spaces and urgent indoor repairs

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

After serving the Greater Boston and MetroWest markets for 14 years, Handyman Matters of Greater Boston is excited to join forces with ACE Hardware to re-brand as ACE Handyman Service Greater Boston! ACE Handyman Services has been serving the Greater Boston and MetroWest areas since 2005. In that time we have completed over 6,000 jobs for more than 2,500 customers. We are proud that 50% of our on-going business comes from customers we've done business with in the past. We are an 11-time Super Service Award winner!...

4.4

handyman (512)woodworking (64)door installation (56)interior painting (29)drywall (26)tile installation (25)window replacement (24)electrician (24)plumbers (18)lighting (18)general contractors (14)house painting (13)

03/31/2022

Purna V.

The carpenter, AJ, did a fantastic job. We needed a dryer vent put in the basement and a countertop removed to make space for a new washer/dryer. He made sure that we knew exactly what could be done and made sure the job was done to our satisfaction. He cleaned up the area after he was finished.

Description of Work
Dryer vent installation, counter removal

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

Thank you for your business and kind review! We are thrilled that AJ was able to help with your project and look forward to working for you again!

09/17/2021

Lisa S.

I contacted them through Angi. "They" sent me a text message but didn't identify who was sending the text message. I called during business hours and reached their answering service and left a message. No one returned my call. I called again 4 days later and left a voice mail. I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
Replace 2 bathroom fans

Category electrician

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

I am sorry you had problems connecting with us. Our office was a bit short staffed late last year to COVID exposures. If there is something we can still help you with, please reach out, we'd be happy to help!

08/29/2021

Lisa Marie N.

Bob Samson was fantastic! He was professional, responsible and made sure the job was executed on time. I would hire him again for any future projects.

Description of Work
installation of two custom doors

Work Completed On 08/29/2021

Thank you for your business and kind review. It was a pleasure working with you.

03/05/2021

PL R.

I would not recommend this location of ACE handyman. The owner/manager was quick with excuses and BS any time there was an issue. He quoted a price for two jobs- installing a new vanity and floor/tile. He never got back to me. After getting a plumber to install the vanity, I contacted him again about the floor. He claimed to have confused me with another person of similar name. (Even if such person existed, they wouldn't have needed the same, specific job done.) Finally, he sent a guy to do the job, which was perfectly adequate--what a handyman, rather than a trained flooring or bathroom professional, would do. He then sent an invoice for twice the quoted amount even though it was half the job I was quoted for originally, with a incorrect tally of hours and a suspiciously exact $200 charge for 'supplies'. When I clarified that he was charging me for supplies I had given the worker, he claimed the charge was actually for *other* supplies. He did not offer a breakdown of prices. As for the hours charged, he said I was wrong, and further claimed he always charged $100 an hour for employees to leave a job for three hours. At one point the employee broke a part on my newly installed, with all new plumbing, vanity, and I was charged $150 for him to drive to Home Depot for a replacement. We've used many tradesmen in our condo renovation and this is the single most shady outfit I have encountered. You can find great handymen on taskrabbit with guarantees on quotes and work. Do not use these guys.

Description of Work
Linoleum tile in bathroom

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

01/21/2021

Zach L.

Every facet of the process working with Ace Handy Services was excellent, from first contact through completion. Moreover, TJ, our handyman, was thorough, considerate, and did great work. I highly recommend this company to others!

Description of Work
Repaired interior stairs

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Thank you for your business and kind review. I am glad that we were able to repair your stairs for you. We look forward to working with again.

09/11/2020

Kathy L.

While he was very nice and kind, he let me know after about an hour and a half the project was not in his scope of expertise, I received a bill for two hours for just taking the old one down, which was a little disappointing.

Description of Work
I got a new one to replace the old one - I have it ready to be out up.

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

[Member Name Removed], It appears that you posted this review for the wrong Ace Handyman Services office. We are the Greater Boston location, most likely you were serviced by the Rhode Island office.

08/26/2020

Claire M.

Great work, but he didn't have the needed anchors, and had to buy them. However, he didn't charge for the extra time.

Description of Work
Grab bar installation

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

07/02/2020

M M.

Great communication, on time for scheduling and completion, very professional,

Description of Work
Decking for shed

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

07/02/2020

Douglas S.

From start to finish, Ace was professional, courteous, and communicative. They quickly responded to my inquiry, scheduled the appointment promptly, and in performing the service were very conscientious when observing social distancing guidelines. They did exactly what I needed and the quality of the work is excellent. A terrific experience and I will happily work with them again!

Description of Work
Window Box Installation

Category handyman service, small appliance repair, window treatments

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

06/25/2020

Sandi S.

He was very honest and told me my windows were in great shape. Cost him a job! Very kind, prompt, and professional.

Description of Work
new windows

Category small appliance repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/07/2020

Domenic D.

Bob came out to look at the jobs to be done. Bob told me he send me a e-mail. He never did. It's as ben two weeks now, I don't think he's going to respond.

Description of Work
painting outside railings, doors etc.

Category small appliance repair, house painters

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

I apologize that you did not receive your Estimate when it was e-mailed to you the first time. I apparently missed the dot in your e-mail address. You should have your estimate now. A phone call or e-mail to the office would have alerted me to the issue and allowed me to resolve it quicker for you. Thank you for your consideration.

05/29/2020

Russell R.

They showed up as promised and completed the task correctly.

Description of Work
Remove storm door

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Thank you for your business, please let me know if we can be of any further service.

06/19/2019

Tad B.

Handyman Matters did a great job, knocked off a bunch of things on our list before we moved into our new place. And on top of it all, after getting several quotes, they were very budget friendly, but I don't feel that they skimped on doing quality work. I look forward to working with them again, for sure.

Description of Work
Replaced back door, sistered roof rafter, replaced shower gooseneck, moved ceiling fan, helped set up so I could attach a new fan

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

Thank you for your business and kind review, we appreciate it! I am glad that we were able to help get your new home ready for you. We look forward to working for you again.

06/18/2019

Marie D.

Went very well. Mike did an excellent job & made helpful suggestions.

Description of Work
Replacement of porch stairs

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Thank you for your business and kind review. I am happy that we were able to make your stairs more accessible.

05/16/2019

Huzaifa B.

The handyman was professional. He completed the job in the stipulated amount of time.

Description of Work
Install Attic Ladder

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

Thank you for your business, it was a pleasure working for you.

02/14/2019

Patricia C.

Great. Less time than expected, everything done well and quickly.

Description of Work
Doors trimmed

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

02/01/2019

Jim A.

This was a challenging job. Our 70+ year old stairs had become literally too steep and dangerous. Bob came for a first visit, and ultimately had Tom, his carpenter come and do the job. In order to make the stairs actually usable, after much assessment and measuring, Tom demolished the old stairs, and did a first mock-up. After adjustments were made to meet our needs, he built much stronger, perfectly suited stairs with an additional handrail on the outer side. Tom even came back to replace a piece of wood that had split after a couple of weeks. We couldn’t be more pleased, and now my wife can go down and up without fear!

Description of Work
Complete replacement of basement stairs

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

11/15/2018

Barbara T.

Scott was communicative and did a quality job.

Description of Work
Resealing shower and fixing water damage to a baseboard

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

Thank you for your business, it was our pleasure to help.

10/22/2018

Chris H.

We have used Handyman Matters three times now. Bob and Michael are extremely professional, responsive, and have a great breadth and depth of knowledge. Most importantly, they have very honest pricing and took special attention to keep doors for our pets. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Door replacement, several odd jobs

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

Thank you for your on-going business and very kind words. We look forward to continuing our relationship into the future.

10/11/2018

Pauline K.

I contacted the company to have my interior and exterior doors replaced. I was contacted by the company and had them come out to my home to take the measurements and discuss the project. A couple of weeks went by and I had not heard anything from them nor received an estimate for the job. I contacted the company and was told that someone would get back to me about the job by the end of the day. I still have not heard from them and it has been almost a week. I felt that my time was wasted as I had to take time off of work to meet with the company.

Description of Work
Interior/Exterior Doors

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

I apologize that you had to wait so long for your free Estimate. By way of explanation (not excuse) we have had some turnover in our office staff during a particularly busy period. Our normal turn-around time for Estimates is 3 - 5 days and we should be back in that range now. A phone call or email to the office if we extend beyond that time is always appreciated. You should have your Estimate at this time. I hope that you will continue to consider us for your project.

10/03/2018

Robert P.

Handyman Matters send a carpenter and he did the work fast, neat and no mess and smart. the doors are placed and now closing perfectly.

Description of Work
Fixed Doors on the Basement

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Thank you! We look forward to working with you again.

10/01/2018

Tera K.

The work was done quickly and efficiently. Michael pulled out the rotted supports of the staircase and rebuilt them so that the staircase was no longer rotting out and leaning to one side. He also replaced the bottom two stairs. I was very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Fix basement stairs