ANDOVER CHIMNEYS

Founded 1971 • With Angi since September 2001

640 S UNION ST

Lawrence, MA 01843

SERVICE AREA LIMITED MOSTLY TO MERRIMACK VALLEY. DOES NOT WANT TO TRAVEL MORE THAN 30 MINUTES TO GET TO CUSTOMER. CHECK THE MAP TO SEE HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM THEM.

10/06/2015

Barbara T.

Category chimney caps

07/30/2012

Barbara T.

He came out in the deep winter snow to repair our chimney. Every year I have him check the chimneys and he never charges for the checks.

Description of Work
The chimney was pulling away from the house, causing leaks.

Category chimney repair

07/12/2012

mike.leboeuf L.

I spoke with David in person and he seemed very knowledgeable and reliable so I hired them to do a chimney sweep and install a cap. I purchased the house only a few months before but didn't want to use the fireplace since I didn't know when it had been cleaned last. David arrived on time with a helper (both older gentlemen so I would assume very experienced in this field) and installed the cap. When I inquired about the cleaning David informed me I didn't need one. Later the same day I had a very reputable roofing company come by to look at my roof to check its condition. They pointed out some issues but, he also showed me that the cap was installed on bricks that were loose and the whole chimney needed to be repointed since it had old porous mortar. He also said the cap shouldn't have been installed without that work being done. I was very disappointed that Andover Chimney did not check this and inform me. You trust professionals to alert you to these issues. It's like a mechanic replacing a belt on water pump that is about to let go or getting a cleaning on your teeth and they don't tell you you have a cavity. It's a shame I was ready to give them a review of all As until I found out about this.

Description of Work
Chimney cap installed.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

11/07/2003

AMANTHA T.

WHEN I CALLED, THE OWNER IMMEDIATELY GAVE ME SEVERAL REASONS WHY I PROBABLY DIDN'T NEED TO GET THE CHIMNEY CLEANED. HE EXPLAINED IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE CLEANED EVERY 150 BURNS OR SO. BECAUSE WE JUST BOUGHT THE HOUSE HE SAID TO LOOK AT THE HOME INSPECTOR'S REPORT. IT SOUNDED LIKE HE DID NOT WANT TO DO THE WORK, BUT TOLD ME HE WAS ONLY BOOKING TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE. DURING OUR FOLLOW UP CALL, HE ADVISED US TO GET A FLASHLIGHT AND LOOK UP THE CHIMNEY TO SEE IF IT REALLY NEEDS IT. HE ALSO REPEATED, WITHOUT SEEING THE CHIMNEY, THAT WE DON'T NEED IT CLEANED. WHEN ASKED ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT HE WOULD LOOK AT A SUSPECTED LEAK IN THE CHIMNEY, HE SAID THAT HE WOULD NEVER EVEN TOUCH ANYTHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE 'THEN YOU ARE MARRIED TO IT.' THEN HE SAID HE WAS TOO BUSY TO EVEN LOOK AT OUR CHIMNEY.

Description of Work
I HAD INITIALLY CALLED REGARDING HAVING THE CHIMNEY SWEPT. I CALLED AGAIN TO SEE IF HE WAS AT ALL INTERESTED AND ALSO HAD QUESTIONS REGARDING POSSIBLE CHIMNEY REPAIRS.

02/21/2002

PHILIP & MEGHE S.

HE ALWAYS RETURNS CALLS AND IS ALWAYS READY TO DISCUSS THE SITUATION.

Description of Work
INSPECTED CHIMNEY AND GAVE BID ON CHIMNEY WORK. INSTALLED CHIMNEY CAP, REPAIRED CRACKS AT BASE OF CHIMNEY, CLEANED CHIMNEY AND REMOVED DEBRIS.

11/24/2001

TREVOR B.

DAVID WAS VERY HELPFUL WITH WOOD SOURCES AND QUESTIONS, CHIMNEY CAP INFORMATION. HE CHARGED ME NOTHING FOR THE VISIT, INSPECTION AND ADVICE

Description of Work
CALLED FOR CHIMNEY SWEEP, SERVICE WAS INSPECTED FLUE AND SAID NO CLEANING NECESSARY

Jim Sullivan Masonry

I have been in the trade since 1976, bricklayers union local 3, first business started in 1985. I am the sole owner of jim sullivan masonry LLC. I am present on every job doing the work with one helper. It is a 2 man crew. We work for cash or checks & can make payment arrangements if needed. Award winning. Additional DBA- Sullivan Chimney Cleaning.

Offers by Jim Sullivan Masonry on Angi
    Horizon Chimney Services Inc

Family owned & operated. A CSIA Certified technician is present on every service call. Multiple year Super Service Award winner. We provide all facets of chimney maintenance to our many satisfied customers in MA&RI: Chimney cleaning, chimney liner installation, chimney cap sales and installation, chimney waterproofing, damper installations and flashing repairs. Wood, pellet and gas stoves installation and Masonry repairs. Massachusetts HIC license #163598, MA Construction Supervisors License #99139. Rhode Island contractors license #38641 and RI Decorative heat license #8319. No travel charges. See coupons for special offers for Angies List members. Additional emails - info@horizonchimney.com. Additional Service Areas: Central and Northern Rhode Island

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Horizon Chimney Services Inc on Angi
    Winni Chimney & Masonry Corporation

We specialize in chimney repairs and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

CHIMNEY SWEEPING, CHIMNEY CAPS, REPAIRS, ROOFING