GRADY CONSULTING LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2010

71 Evergreen Street

Kingston, MA 02364

Grady Consulting LLC is a family owned and operated professional Civil Engineering Company serving Massachusetts since 1998....

02/18/2018

Mary M.

I was looking for a surveyor to do some work on our property. As a long time member I've used Angie's list in the past, but haven't had occasion to do so in quite some time. I looked at the companies that were available in our area and considered Grady Consulting. I was somewhat surprised to see that they only had one, brief review. I made the decision to call after viewing their web site. I first spoke with Marianne at Grady Consulting in late June. I mentioned to her that I had found them on Angie's list and was somewhat concerned that they only had one review. She told me that they were not an Angie's list member. Since everyone I had hired was a member, I appreciated that she informed me that they were not. Since we have never had a survey done of our property, I was unfamiliar with how things worked but told her that we wanted to have our property surveyed and the lines staked. We also wanted a plan showing the elevations and location of the house on our lot. I also mentioned that we wanted this information so that we could have an architect draw up plans for a possible, future addition. Marianne was my first contact and thus my first impression of the company came from her. I found her to be a good listener and very knowledgeable. She both asked and answered my questions and responded to all my concerns. She also asked me about my future plans. She was able to pull up our lot on her computer and to let me know that our property had some wetlands in one corner and said that they would also be able to have their botanist walk the property and mark any necessary areas of concern. She repeated back all that I told her I would like to have done and said she would work up a proposal for us. Then, after reviewing the proposal we could decide on what and how much we wanted to do at this time. After speaking with her, I felt that they were very professional in their approach and was comfortable in taking the next step. We received an email that showed our property on a map and were able to see the small area of wetlands that were mentioned. Also, a very comprehensive proposal that listed the scope of services, the estimated fee schedule, the payment schedule and a rate schedule. Out of the 13 listed services we decided to do the first 4. We decided to wait until the late fall, when they would be less busy, to have the work done. In mid November I called and gave the required retainer and said I would bring the signed proposal to their office because I wanted to show them some old plans we had showing a few changes that had been made over the years to bordering properties. I met with Mr Grady who was very polite and professional. He listened to my concerns, answered my questions and then made copies of the old plans. The next day the botanist came and flagged the wetland areas. He spoke with my husband who told me that he was very knowledgable and personable. Two days later two men came and spent a few hours working and then marked the corners of the property with stakes. The rest of the work on the property took place after the Holidays. My husband did have occasion to speak with the surveyor and mentioned that he was very professional and quite jovial considering the extreme, cold weather on that day. We received the progress invoice for the completed work and it was structured so that you could easily see what was done, who did it, how much time it took, what the rate was and how much we were billed for each service provided. The estimated fee given for this job was somewhat higher than the end cost. An envelope containing two copies of the existing conditions plan arrived a week or so later. Since we received a list of 13 services and decided only to do 4, we now have the information for future work we might decide to do.

Description of Work
wetland delineation, property line and topographic survey, stake property lines, existing conditions plan

Category fencing, land surveyor

Thank you for the review! Frequently there is some overlap between the proposal items such as doing a little more plan work in anticipation of the next proposal item so there is a very good chance that when you decide to proceed the remaining fee will be somewhat lower to complete the next item.

08/29/2015

Robert E.

Description of Work

Category fencing, land surveyor

A&A Fence Construction

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Fencing services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today! We offer installations, sales, and repairs of all types of wood, chain-link, pvc,and ornamental fence we are fully insured offer free estimates and are family owned and operated.

Fences2U / Fences4U

Professional fence Installation (all types) and repair company offering services for commercial and residential properties. We offer free estimate for all services and provide a wide variety of fence types. We can install Vinyl/PVC/Plastic, Aluminum/Ornamental, Wood, Chain link, and all other Fence Services. Please give us a call or click for an estimate today!

Chipman Family Fence

At Chipman Family Fence, we are committed to bringing you the highest quality fencing in the area at the best price possible. The only way to do this is by understanding and having been involved in every step of the process—from inception to installation. And we have been. We quote projects, design fences, and can manufacturer our own materials, do quality control, then build, assemble, and install them—plus we’re here to answer all your questions along the way. Of course that doesn’t mean we have to do it all. We can supply you with fabricated fencing for self-installation, install an automatic gate, or repair an existing fence. Our job is to meet your needs, not the other way around. That’s why Chipman Family Fence is quickly becoming the fence company you can count on for all your fencing, gate, and repair needs. Our fence supply and service region serves all of the South Shore region. Please feel free to reach out directly with any questions, or to request a free estimate.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    Professional Service

We offer Civil Engineering and 3d laser scanning services including commercial and residential site design, feasibility studies for land development, permitting, septic system design, sewer system design, pump design, drainage design, roadway design, wetland permitting, 3d laser scanning, 3d modeling. If you are planning a new building, addition, septic system, sewer connection, pool or anything that requires a land use permit from Planning, Zoning,Conservation or other we can help.