Morris Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2009

Morris Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to be Essex County’s most trusted HVAC team since 1998. Whether you need AC or heater maintenance, repairs, or complete replacements and new installations, the local company can handle it. Expect quality work and customer care every time. Morris Heating &

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

HVAC Companies (64)plumbers (5)metal fabrication (2)

06/09/2022

John M.

Justin and Cam, the technicians, did a great job. We have an old farmhouse with a very strange configuration of partial crawlspace and partial full basement, and water was leaking through the fieldstone foundation wall from the crawlspace. They quickly diagnosed that the problem was coming from 1 or 2 zones of the hot water radiator heating system, and they were able to shut off those zones to stop the leak, while allowing the house to still use water for sinks, toilets, and showers. We'll have to do more work later to replace pipes to the radiator but, because they are hard to access, we need to plan ahead for some construction work. I'm fully satisfied that these guys were able to find the problem and give us even a temporary solution that allows us to have our working plumbing again without the basement getting wet. Would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Water was leaking into my basement from somewhere, and I need it diagnosed and solved quickly.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

04/10/2020

Catherine R.

We worked with Andy, Matt and Alex to have a Mitsubishi split system installed in our home and they did an excellent job explaining the system and installing it. They worked with us in choosing the location and type of units we wanted with regard to function and aesthetics. Everyone was very pleasant and accommodating and the house was left in perfect condition each day when they left. We highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Mitsubishi split system with Kumo cloud installed

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

Review for Morris Heating & Air Conditioning - 56 Mitchell Rd, Ipswich, MA - 38492666

01/14/2020

James P.

Replacement of 2 heating and a/c systems. Went very well. Professional, courteous, and thoughtful.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]. Very glad the install went well. Enjoy the new system and let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you. Thanks again!

12/27/2019

Kalil B.

Steve Z. was awesome and he explained what he was going to do. He was polite, pleasant, and most definately a great ambassador for Morris Heating and Air Conditioning. Morris Heating and Air Conditioning is an A+ company in my mind - from Kaitlyn, who answers the phone to their field technicians.

Description of Work
Steve Z was the service technician who performed the annual service on my gas fired hot air system.

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

Thanks for the feedback [Member Name Removed]. I’m glad you were satisfied by the work done by Steve and that you had a positive experience from start to finish. Thanks for choosing Morris. Happy holidays!

06/12/2019

Ysidro R.

Peter is a knowledgable and professional in his work. He explained everything thoroughly in a way that could be understood. He was also very personable. I would highly recommend Morris Heating and Air Conditioning of Ipswich Mass. We have been very pleased with the service for over ten years.

Description of Work
service maintenance on HVAC unit

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

05/17/2019

Bill G.

Everything went extremely well. Kevin and Bobby were very professional and efficient. They showed up on time every day and worked hard all day. Andy, our initial contact with the company, was knowledgeable and down to earth. Can't recommend this company and crew highly enough!

Description of Work
Install air conditioning

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

12/10/2018

Noel M.

Prompt, clear communication and a job well done!

Description of Work
New furnace

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

11/19/2018

Charles R.

Very well. We also hooked up a Kumo Cloud wifi system. Chris, the technician, was well-informed and explained the operation clearly. We've seen that the bad reviews for Kumo Cloud, but we have only a single unit, and so far everything works fine--very simple and straightforward.

Description of Work
Install a heat pump

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

11/09/2018

Alison M.

Great!! Would not hesitate to recommend!!

Description of Work
Tune up on heating unit

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

10/22/2018

Harry C.

They came out and quoted me an outrageous amount to do some duct work in my basement..nearly $7000. Had to call them back to even get the quote after Chris said he would call back.

Description of Work
Outrageous quote!

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

08/17/2018

Patti C.

Morris Heating and AC provided service that should serve as a model for all other service providers. They were consistently professional, efficient and response, ultimately installed a system at a very good price and did so urgently as we were entertaining guests from out of town. From the front office (Heather and Kaitlin) to the service manager (Greg) to the individuals who actually did the work at the house - beginning with Julin, then Blaise and finally Christos who actually installed the system, I interacted with very pleasant and effective people.

Description of Work
Needed to have the 2nd floor central AC replaced but it took several visits to determine this.

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

06/25/2018

JAMES G.

We had a very good experience with Morris. They provided a detailed quote, explained the options and the process very well. Their installers were friendly and happy to answer questions. They did a clean and tidy job of the installation. The subs that they recommended for electrical work were also excellent. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Install a four zone Mitsubishi mini-split heating/air conditioning system

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

05/31/2018

Maria B.

Morris Heating and Air Conditioning staff quickly worked me into their schedule even though I was not a current customer. Service Pro Christos called when he was in route. He walked me through his troubleshooting and diagnosed incorrect wiring left by another HVAC service technician during furnace work in the winter. Problem resolved in 10 minutes. I am a Morris Heating and Air Conditioning customer now.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot AC Compresser

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

05/17/2018

Karen B.

Excellent. Mike B very professional and knowledgeable: technically. Thorough and explained all services performed.

Description of Work
Yearly AC maintenance service

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

Thank you very much for trusting Morris with your annual maintenance [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for taking the time to write and have a wonderful summer. All predictions around here are that it's going to be a hot one!

05/12/2018

Tim S.

was able to stop it without costing a lot

Description of Work
leaking outdoor faucet

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/12/2018

04/12/2018

Susan M.

It went perfectly. Morrison heating and air conditioning company on Cape Ann, MA is one of the most professional companies we have ever worked with.

Description of Work
Heating and cooling system

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

So kind of you to write [Member Name Removed]. We sincerely appreciate that and want you to know that we are here for you 24/7 should you need anything at all -- please don't hesitate to call. Have a great summer and thank you very much for placing your trust in the Morris team.

03/21/2018

Anya C.

Called the office and was able to schedule an appointment within the hour, technician arrived quickly, very friendly and helpful. He couldn't find the main cause but helped clean connection points and get the unit running again quickly - provided detailed explanation of service. Provided tips on ducting, I will book a service call for Morris to look at current furnace and make suggestions. Would highly recommend based on my 1st appointment!

Description of Work
Furnance wasn't working

Work Completed On 03/21/2018

Thank you very much for your A rating [Member Name Removed]. We very happy to hear that your furnace is up and running again. It sure has been a long winter! Thank you very much for your business and please don't hesitate to call us any time we can help you. Thank you again.

03/10/2018

Rick B.

Attentive service. Problem diagnosed quickly and repaired. Efficient work...

Description of Work
Emergency Heating Repair

Work Completed On 03/10/2018

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. Please call us anytime we can help you out in the future. Have a nice spring -- if it ever gets here :) Thank you again for your business.

03/07/2018

Joyce F.

Peter and John arrived on time and were absolutely Professional..Work was done on time and I was very pleased..Would not hesitate to hire Morris Heating and Air Conditioning in the future..

Description of Work
installed dual Mitsubishi units

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

Peter and John will really appreciate your kind words [Member Name Removed]. We hope you love your Mitsubishi units! Please call us if you have any questions regarding their operation (and we actually have a great videos online which many folks have found helpful with tips on cleaning the filters, operating the remote, etc) I've included the link here should you find it useful https://morrisheatingandair.com/about/videos/ Thank you again for your business and have a wonderful day.

01/11/2018

PAULA D.

Zach Brown initially came to fix leaking water situation and then realized there was damage due to water seepage. After that damage is repaired, Zach will return to put plumbing back in order, including replacing faucets which had to be cut out to allow removal of granite countertop, reconnect water lines and possibly reinstall a new Reverse Osmosis system since the old one had to be removed. Can't say enough about Zach -- his professionalism, his explanation of what's being done and options for replacing/improving plumbing under kitchen sink, pipes, etc.

Description of Work
This is frozen water pipe situation with the attendant water damage to property -- so it's a work in progress and involves coordinating with water/mold remediation, removal of granite tops and removal of cabinets to get to wall behind kitchen sink to assess damage and eventually repair. . So it's not black and white what all needs to be done before project finished. Can't determine final price at this point.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 01/11/2018

12/14/2017

NANCY S.

I needed it fixed immediately, as the heat was dropping rapidly in the house. I called my usual company that I've used for years, and was told that no one could service my furnace until "maybe tomorrow". Not good enough. I'm hearty but not going without heat for two days. I called Peterman and they sent a rep, Jason, out in a couple of hours. Jason was great, and happy to explain what was going on. Fried circuit board. He had to go get one, but he replaced it, did a cleaning, replaced our filter with a better one, and was on his way. Jason was great, knew his business, and I will call again. After he left, I later saw the receipt, which was emailed to me. It was quite vague; I was charged for "1 unit" of this and that. No prices. I want to know exactly what I am being charged for each item, not just a total. It is also flummoxing that it cost an additional $20 to pay a year's contract up front than to pay monthly. This is mind-boggling. No one is allowed to auto-debit my checking account. I pay in full. Other than these small issues unrelated to the repair itself, all went well.

Description of Work
Furnace abruptly stopped working and it was around 20 degrees outside. I noticed at 2 am, and by 7 am, it was getting quite cold. I am glad I called Peterman.

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

We believe this is for a company called Peterman (not Morris Heating & Air Conditioning) -- and we do not have a Jason on our team, so I'm sorry we can not respond to this review as we believe it was incorrectly posted to our account.

11/15/2017

Alan W.

Great. They were very professional and courteous

Description of Work
Maintenance

Work Completed On 11/15/2017