Juniper Farms/Bolton Oil Co

Founded 1947 • With Angi since September 2005

Juniper Rd - PO Box 22

Hudson, MA 01749

24/7 Service, Always a live person will answer/return your call, Family owned over 65 years, Full service heating/oil/Air Conditioning - Payment plans available. Additional DBAs - Juniper Farms, Juniper Farms Bolton Oil, Juniper Farms JRRBC Inc.

02/22/2018

Rich W.

They did a good job. Its my first year in this house, with an oil burner. I needed some help and they were there. They came when they said they would, and their maintenance guy was excellent. I'm glad I hired them as my regular oil company. The people on the phone are always pleasant.

Description of Work
Maintenance on my burner and oil delivery

01/19/2017

JOHN B.

04/21/2016

Austin C.

Category propane sales

05/21/2015

Suzanne C.

Description of Work
Replaced an oil tank. They were very responsive. The tank was placed a little too close to the window but overall they were great.

06/03/2014

Christian G.

They come when they say they will, our burner has been operating at the same efficiency, and they are clean. It's a very old burner, and I feel like we are on borrowed time now, so any bit of extra lifespan we can get out of it is appreciated. Their cost seems fair to inexpensive in comparison to others. Getting an appointment in the fall is tough, like it is with all oil companies, but that's our fault for waiting.

Description of Work
We use Juniper farms for our annual oil burner cleaning and tune up.

06/03/2014

John S.

It worked very nicely and I was very pleased. I thought that they were reasonable.

Description of Work
Juniper Farms/Bolton Oil Co. provided me a heating & A/C service. They put in a central air.

05/27/2014

Jennifer C.

We are switching off oil for heating, but have a multifamily where our tenants hot water is still on oil heat. We were trying to time it so that we will have minimal oil in the tank when we make the switch, as I have been told it is hazardous waste at that point. I called the oil company that I had been getting delivery from for the past three years and asked to get 50-70 gallons worth when they were in the neighborhood for whatever price they thought was fair, and was told they never delivered less than 100 gallons. I tried another local company when I saw their truck on our street to see if they would deliver then, since their truck was already here. I got the same response; they never deliver less than 100 gallons. I tried about 10 companies in all, Sondra at Juniper Farms was the only one who offered to see what she could do, and got me the oil delivered the next time the truck was close. We hadn't been customers, and as we are moving off oil, there is no expectation that we will be customers going forward, so I really appreciate the helpful service that I received. If we weren't moving off oil, we would certainly switch our provider to Juniper farms.

Description of Work
Heating Oil Delivery.

11/27/2013

Elizabeth G.

A few months ago, our hot water stopped working so I called a plumber. The plumber gave me a list of things he could replace to see which one might fix it. I wanted someone to tell me the one thing that needed to be fixed, so I called Juniper Farms. They came out and told me exactly what was wrong, explained my options and then worked into the evening and early in the morning to get it fixed before the holiday. I spent a lot less money by getting a proper diagnosis of the problem. I also saved money because Juniper Farms advised me to buy a less expensive water heater than the one that the plumber had discussed. Looking back, I wish I had called Juniper Farms in the first place because I have bought my oil from them for 7 years and the service has always been trustworthy. If you have oil heat, you cannot go wrong with Juniper Farms because they understand the whole system and because they treat their customers like good neighbors.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water system.

10/30/2013

Brad P.

The appointment was scheduled in the afternoon (about two weeks in advance), and we already had a prior commitment at around noon, so we asked them to hold off until about 2pm. A couple days before the appointment we got a call to confirm the service and time and again we reminded them to hold off until 2pm and they gladly noted it on the file. 2pm on the day of service rolls around and right on time, Dennis shows up with a knock on our door. I showed him around to the oil tank and boiler and he went to work. I periodically interacted with him to try and learn more about the things he was doing and things to watch out for and he graciously answered all my questions. He educated me on general boiler maintenance and some brief troubleshooting procedures to attempt before calling for a service call, should I be without heat. He ended up replacing the oil filter, pump strainer and gasket, for about $20 in parts and ran the system through some tests, including an efficiency test. There was also some concern over the chamber liner brought up by my home inspector and upon Dennis's inspection, it proved to be old, but still in acceptable condition...especially not bad enough to warrant another $100-200 just for the chamber liner itself. Overall, he was there for about two hours for the flat $150 for a tuneup. Overall a good experience. Dennis was a nice guy who really seemed like he knew what he was doing and was easy to interact with.

Description of Work
Annual boiler tune-up (oil)

05/05/2012

Clare M.

I think they are great. They always come by quickly. The person who comes talks me through everything that is going on so I get a lot of information, which I appreciate. We are very happy with them. They will do a lot of other things like the yearly maintenance on the furnace, and check for leaks. We had our furnace go out before and they have come to fix it. I would use this provider again.

Description of Work
They provide heating oil.

03/15/2012

John N.

Excellent service. Dennis was the technician. He was thorough and informative. Provided helpful tips.

Description of Work
Annual cleaning and maintenance

08/07/2010

JODY Z.

They were marvelous. One weekend morning we found a leak in our hot water system but they sent someone to come fix it up. It was really nice that they did it so quickly and with no trouble. They also have an ice cream truck that goes around town which is good public relations. I had put away a bunch of budget money for the oil for the rest of the year but we had a house fire and we wouldn’t need that money set aside any longer. I asked if they could reimburse me for the amount that they had in the bank and they wrote me a check for the whole amount when I went it. They are just great and if I still had an oil system I would definitely use them.

Description of Work
Bolton Oil Co was our oil company for seven years.

07/16/2010

Lynne T.

Whenever I call with a question they have been great and answer my questions. They lock in the oil price so they do the contract on that price agreed.

Description of Work
They deliver our oil and do the furnace cleaning for us.

08/22/2008

Lynne T.

They did an excellent job. They showed up on time. Did a fast job of removing the old boiler and did an excellent job installing the new one. I did have to call them to come back to fix some minor problems, but they responded quickly.

Description of Work
They put in a new hot water boiler that heats my home.

09/24/2007

Norma B.

This company is really good and the other thing I like about them is the fact they are affordable. I mean, for a job with parts being repaired, you may have a hundred bucks visit. For a regular routine visit, its like fifty bucks. They show up, they are respectful, they are professional and I like them a lot. I am totally satisfied with them currently.

Description of Work
This company cleaned out our oil system this year in our 2000 square foot home. They serviced it. I don t think this year they had to replace any parts, so the visit was pretty routine and mundane.

10/20/2006

LEAH C.

They were terrific when I initially contacted them, helpful, efficient and courteous.

Description of Work
They will be servicing our furnace and providing heating oil.

10/26/2005

ROBERT L.

THEY PROVIDE THE AUTOMATIC DELIVERY SERVICE WHICH IS GREAT AND THEY HAVE A TERRIFIC 24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE.

Description of Work
THEY DELIVER MY OIL AND THEY DELIVER WHEN THEIR RECORDS SHOW WHEN IM GOING TO NEED SOME. THEY DID REPAIR WORK ON MY FURNACE.

09/30/2005

DENNIS L.

THEY DID A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
INSTALLED WATER HEATER.

Category water heater repair

Home Service Doctors, Inc.

We always put customers and their satisfaction first, which makes us one of the top HVAC companies in Boston metro area . We never compromise on the quality and swiftness of our services, ensuring that we provide every residential and commercial client with the best and premium experience of working with us.

Rodenhiser Home Services

When it comes to great service for your home or business, it doesn't get better than the professionalism and dedication of Rodenhiser. It's an unsurpassed level of service built on a promise that ensures you get the very best - when you call Rodenhiser your satisfaction is guaranteed. With 90+ years of delighted residential and commercial clients, you can be sure that it's a promise that Rodenhiser delivers on every day. Additional contact name - Jon Manna. Additional phone - (508) 306-4845.

Cooling Unlimited Inc

Cooling Unlimited, Inc. is a full service HVAC company that has been accommodating the heating, cooling, and plumbing needs of the Greater Boston area for over 25 years. It is a family owned and operated company that has built an excellent reputation in the air conditioning, heating, and plumbing industry and in the community we serve, through vigorous dedication to service and excellence. Our company specializes in residential, commercial, and new construction sales and service, and has certified technicians capable of repairing, replacing, or servicing every major make and model of HVAC and equipment. In addition to heating and air conditioning, our company also offers solutions for plumbing, refrigeration, air purification, ventilation, and indoor air quality. We offer only the highest quality products in the industry and have established strong relationships with vendors and distributors. Our fleet of ten trucks and over 20 full time employees allows us We typically respond to a service request on the same day it is received and regularly are able to complete an installation within two business days. Moreover, we have an experienced technician available for emergency calls 24 hours a day to ensure that a minimum amount of time elapses between an urgent request and the satisfaction of that need. We offer competitive preventative maintenance agreements wherein our technicians visit your home twice per year to evaluate, maintain, and clean your systems to assure maximum efficiency of operation. At Cooling Unlimited, we are very selective in hiring our installers, technicians, and office staff to ensure that each and every member of our team is qualified to service our customers. All of our field technicians are NATE certified, which means they have earned a national competency certification that helps ensure your satisfaction.

Propane Sales Services