Real Dry Waterproofing - Holyoke

Founded 1982 • With Angi since December 2007

137 Dupuis Rd

Holyoke, MA 01040

Family owned business since 1982. All long term employees, no salesman and an owner are on every job. We do not sub-contract unless it is a area of expertise outside of our field of business. We do offer financing and payment plans....

01/31/2022

Amy O.

Called to schedule a consultation and was informed they do not cover northern western Massachusetts - even though the website says they cover "all of Massachusetts." He was polite about it. But FYI.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

07/28/2021

Ken L.

Steve and his crew did an outstanding job!

Description of Work
Water proofing basement!

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

09/14/2019

Kathleen M.

Steve is the best. It has been a while since he did the work and I told him, at the time, that I intended to write a review. Unfortunately time passed and now I am finally writing the well deserved review as promised. Steve is the master. He knows precisely what to do and how to do it. He also was able to analyze a problem with the drainage and resolved it appropriately. He is most knowledgeable. He knows what he is talking about. He is experienced and professional. I will always call Steve. Do not waste your time or money with other companies,

Description of Work
Installation of sump pump and drain tiles

07/23/2018

John B.

My experience with Real Dry was exceptional throughout the whole process. Last year, we were getting water in our basement whenever there was a heavy rain. Steve came and assessed the situation, and recommended digging wells around our basement windows and door and filling them with gravel for better drainage straight down (rather than toward the house/windows). We initially talked about also digging a well in the front of the house, where water would pool due to our lack of gutters and then come in through the foundation. So the initial estimate included all of that. When Steve arrived on the actual day with his crew, I told him that I didn't think we needed to have a well in the front of the house because I was planning on getting gutters and that should take care of that. He adjusted the estimate accordingly with absolutely no hassle. The work itself was done quickly and professionally and the basement has been bone dry ever since, despite some incredibly heavy rain. I HIGHLY recommend this company for basement waterproofing projects.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

06/26/2018

Katheribe M.

Steve came right out and built dams on each side of the tree belt piping, using pebbles and earth. Again, a very creative and skilled solution. By the time the health inspector came out, our storm water was flowing right into the street storm sewer, as required. The inspector's only comment was "whoever did this knew what they were doing". So this firm has demonstrated over several years just how effective they are. They stand by their clients years after a job is completed, and possess knowledge and expertise to solve thorny problems. An exceptional firm and team. I highly highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We wee fortunate enough to hire Real Dry Waterproofing in late 2014 to fix a significant basement water problem, as our home was built over an underground spring. We have had a bone dry basement ever since. The storm water pumped out of our basement was so voluminous that it flooded our front yard. Real Dry devised a creative system of underground pipes to channel the water to the street storm sewer system. All within town codes and parameters. All was well for 3.5 years until an extremely wet spring and drivers driving over our tree belt, altered the drainage channel originally put into place by Real Dry. As a result, water started pooling between the tree belt and the street. Pesky town officials got involved, saying we needed to fix the problem. We called Steve at Real Dry to see if he could help again, before we got cited by the health dept.

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

05/16/2018

Mark A.

Took care of the water and without having to do the entire perimeter. Steve did exactly what he said, on time and on budget!

Description of Work
Interior drain tile in basement.

07/27/2017

Linda M.

Our basement flooded recently during a huge rainstorm. I called Steve and he came by the same day to assess the situation and give us a quote. His crew camew the next day and performed the necessary work. We were very pleased with all aspects of our experience. We felt the quote was very fair and they couldn't have been more responsive!

Description of Work
Excavating area outside around window wells and adding trap rock layer under dirt in order to prevent future flooding due to water accumulating in the window wells.

Category excavators,pavers, gravel

07/26/2017

Andrea T.

Steve called me back the same day and came out the following day to look at the situation. He immediately saw that my window well was not deep enough and during a heavy rain the water was coming in and traveling down between the foundation and the wall of the finished basement - seeping out onto the floor. His diagnosis make total sense to me. He quoted me a very reasonable price to 1) dig out the window well and line it with stone 2) install an extension of my downspout that takes the water several feet away from the house underground. He even designed it around my unground sprinkler system. Excellent service! I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
I get occasional flooding in my finished basement after a heavy rain. It only happens every few years but did so recently so I wanted to find a specialist while the basement was wet.

Category pavers, gravel,drain pipe

07/26/2017

Stefania M.

Steve from Real Dry is a consummate professional. He is honest, trustworthy and punctual. I was very very with impressed with my interaction with him and real dry. I wish all contractors, providers, vendors and service people were as upstanding as Real Dry. I highly recommend them for solving any water problem.

Description of Work
I live in Florida and I’m trying to sell my deceased father’s house in Springfield. I got a call and some photos from our realtor that there was water in the basement and a leak was running down the basement wall. I called Real Dry and left a message. Steve returned my call within 10 min. I explained the situation and sent a video the realtor took. From the video Steve determined that our gutters were clogged and water was pooling under the gutter leak. I knew a buyer would not be interested in a home with a leaky basement so I asked Steve to come to the house and assess the damage. He came the very next day. Long story short…. Real Dry found where the water was coming in. Steve determined that waterproofing wasn’t necessary and even offered to waive his charge for the inspection. That is how you do business!

07/06/2017

tonga T.

After Steve gave an estimate and after reading the other reviews on Angie's List, I was convinced this was the company to go with. Decision was not based on price alone but the text of the reviews read, it helped influence my decision. Good for his word - Steve described what they were going to do, kept the quote given and the amount of time needed to complete the project. (They finished ahead of schedule.) Even though electric jackhammers were used, the noise level was low, the project went smoothly and they cleaned up afterwards. Highly recommended and they stand behind a guarantee. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing . . . For many years my basement had constant water leakage after 24 hours of straight rain or after the snow melt during the spring thaw. Many attempts to control the water leakage failed, control was a reliable wet/ dry shop vac & a sump pump (that quit after 10 years) the cycle repeats itself yearly.

MicroGARD

With over 10+ years of mold testing and remediation experience, we are here to tackle all your remediation needs you may have.

Pioneer Valley Paving

Pioneer Valley Paving is the premier paving service company in the Western Massachusetts area. Located in Southwick, Massachusetts, PV Paving offers many services including asphalt paving, concrete paving, seal coating and repairs. We strive to provide next level paving services, ensuring outstanding, safe and visually appealing work. Please contact us via phone or email and we would be happy to get you a quote and get started on your new project!

Rueter Foundation Repair

We Stop Leaks! We Stabilize Walls! We Stop Worries! Do you have a WET BASEMENT? It could be from a single crack in your poured concrete foundation or bulkhead. WE Stop leaks in wall cracks, well, electrical, septic & sewer lines and bulkheads. We also Reinforce bowed concrete block walls with carbon fiber-kevlar straps. We Stabilize concrete walls with epoxy injection and carbon fiber staples. We provide a LIFETIME GUARANTEE which is transferable to new owners at no charge. This Guarantee covers any damage or cleanup that results after we have completed our treatments. Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License: CS-109145, MA HIC # 178586 Sole Proprietor. Balance due on completion of job. Estimates are usually free. During the sale of a house, there is an inspection fee. The inspection fee can be applied to the cost of the work, but is not refundable. WE DO NOT WORK ON STONE OR BRICK FOUNDATIONS, NOR DO WE INSTALL PERIMETER DRAINS OR SUMP PUMPS.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Crack Repair, Mold Removal, Sump Pumps, Backup Systems, Crawl Space Repair, Outside Drainage, Floor & Wall Coatings.