Affordable Mold Removal

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

Certified Mold Remediation for over ten years. We can handle the big jobs down to the small jobs. We offer free inspections and estimates. Locally owned and owner is on all jobs to answer any questions you may have. The service you get with us cannot be matched. Additional contact - Dina Oliver...

A Service Provider's profile image

+1 more images

mold removal (92)water damage restoration (9)air duct cleaning (5)insulation (4)basement waterproofing (2)well & water pump repair (1)roofing (1)carpet cleaning (1)

06/23/2022

Joseph C.

Team was very quick to respond and complete repair. Very professional and great pricing.

Description of Work
Mold remediation and attic ventilation replacement

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

04/27/2021

gerard G.

Guy and his team at Affordable Mold have simply been amazing to work with, very professional, responded right away, great pricing and trusted them in our home. We moved into a new home and after few weeks we discovered water damage and mold in 4 rooms after some heavy rainfall. Our Insurance company sent out a restoration crew that were not very responsive so I called Guy at Affordable Mold to take a second look. He came out the same day I called and took over the job for us. His crew showed up the next morning and took care of the affected areas. They handled everything from demo, clean up and the rebuild of the rooms. Their rebuild work was exceptional and very quick. They spread plastic on the floors, covered vents and cleaned up after their work every day. We had our rooms back in full use in no time. I highly recommend their services and definitely will use them again in the future if needed, not just for mold removal. His team of guys can do it all! Thank you Guy!

Description of Work
Mold/Water Removal and full Rebuild of 4 rooms.

Category insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 04/27/2021

Review for Affordable Mold Removal - 1248 Washington St, Holliston, MA - 39309861

11/10/2020

Michael G.

Excellent. He conducted a quick but thorough inspection and allayed my fears that there was mold problem.

Description of Work
Inspection

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Thank you for using our small business [Member Name Removed], happy to help anytime in the future. Thanks, Guy Oliver

06/30/2019

Steven C.

They $700 cheaper that the next closest quote. Very professional. They got the work done quickly, on time and on budget. Excellent work. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Attic Mold Removal

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Thank You [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks, Guy

03/13/2019

Amanda I.

Guy was so great to work with. He came out and gave me a quote that was WAY less than my first one. The day of work was performed by one of his workers, and he was so nice. Kept me up on what was happening throughout the process. They were able to do the mold and the 2 bathroom vents (soffit vents) easily. The even warrantied the work for 4 years! I am buying a new home and if I ever need this service, I would totally use them again!

Description of Work
Mold Remediation and Vents

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed], please let us know if we can be of service in the future. Thanks, Guy Oliver

08/08/2018

Jeffrey B.

The process went very smoothly. Guy sent one of his guys to check out my attic and give me an estimate. The estimate was right about where I expected it to be so I didn’t bother getting any other quotes. I scheduled the job with Guy and he was able to get me in the following week. His guys were punctual and pleasant. They finished the job sooner than I expected and it came out great!

Description of Work
Remediated some attic mold.

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the A review, it was a pleasure working for you. Thanks, Guy Oliver

07/15/2018

Leo G.

The team was excellent. They explained everything they were doing and what possible effect it would have on the air quality in our home. They performed the mold removal and left the workspaces as clean or cleaner than they were when they arrived. The final steps involving future mold prevention was greatly appreciated and the final cost was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend Affordable Mold Removal to anyone that has the mold issues we did.

Description of Work
The team roved mold from that third floor Attic and crawl spaces.

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

06/03/2018

Natalie L.

Great! These guys went above and beyond for us. Showed up on time, did exactly what they were asked to, Were very careful with everything around. Very professional. Cleaned everything spotless. Forgot to take out screws from a section of the ceiling, came back after they were paid and finished it.

Description of Work
Basement dry wall removal

Work Completed On 06/03/2018

Thanks a lot for the A review [Member Name Removed]! That was was a big job and glad it all went smooth! Please let us know if need anything. Thanks, Guy Oliver

01/27/2018

Theresa C.

The response to my call was very quick and it sounded like they would have come even sooner if we felt it was an emergency. Guy's three person team came and sealed off the area, working very quickly, neatly and with consideration for the rest of the house. Guy and his team were professional, courteous and efficient. They also took care of disposal.

Description of Work
We had mold growing in the basement due to a failure of a water filter system. They had to remove the top layer of vinyl floor squares and the top layer of plywood from the raised floor and then treat the mold.

Work Completed On 12/19/2017

Thanks you for the awesome review [Member Name Removed]! We are here if you need us. Thanks, Guy Oliver

12/11/2017

Bob D.

The crew of four did an excellent job, they were very polite and professional and cleaned up all debris before leaving. The project manager Guy was onsite to insure all went well. It was a very good experience that took only about 4 hours to complete and I highly recommend this company. Guy issued me documentation the following week that the mold remediation was completed and that the attic ecology was back to normal.

Description of Work
Mold Removal from Attic, Ridge Vent and Soffit Vents added, Two bathroom fans vented out through new soffit vents

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the nice review, I enjoyed working with you! Please let me know if you ever need anything. Thanks, Guy Oliver

11/15/2017

Eli G.

They were very responsive. They came out the same day and gave me an estimate. They cam in a couple days later and do the work. The attic looks Great!!! I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Our house had some mold in the attic as a result of not having a bathroom vent.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

09/21/2017

Thom K.

Excellent responsiveness and professionalism. We did not need to complete the work, but we would definitely call them again in the future!

Description of Work
Minor mold remediation on garage ceiling.

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

08/04/2017

Gabriel M.

Excellent--the crew of two was courteous, efficient, and they did a very thorough job. They also informed me about issues that they found that I should look into. Guy provided a prompt estimate and was easy to schedule.

Description of Work
Moved into a new (very old) 3-story house with about two dozen registers and ductwork that were filthy. Everyone in our family got sick and my toddler was wheezing.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

07/10/2017

Joseph H.

Affordable Mold Services were exceptionally responsive and fast, very accommodating to my schedule. They sprayed around the basement to remove the mold, removed old plasterboard, put two layers of polyethylene over the dirt, sealed the porous stone wall foundation, and installed a sump pump. They checked for mold upstairs where rainwater had once entered, and when they found no sign of mold did not charge me for checking. They did exactly what they said they would do and charged what they said they would charge (except for not charging for the mold search upstairs). They cleaned the basement and removed trash when they left. They are mold removal experts, not remodelers, so do not expect them to remodel (removed sheet rock was not replaced for example, and the polyethylene laid on the floor was sealed with tape and expansion foam). I would most definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Mold had long accumulated in a closed-up colonial dirt-floor basement having a porous stone foundation, causing allergies to those sleeping upstairs.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

Review for Affordable Mold Removal - 1248 Washington St, Holliston, MA - 36282152

06/27/2017

Rick C.

He inspected the attic and after a complete inspection said there was no sign of mold. He offer to check my basement and again found no signs of mold. I thanked him for his time and said it was no problem. Very pleasant and professional and would recommend him highly.

Description of Work
I believed I had a mold problem in my attic and asked him to come out to check.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

06/22/2017

robert P.

Calle Guy and asked him to stop by and give me some input about my family room in my basement. I had water damage and suspected that mold was a problem. Guy stopped by and looked at the family room and confirmed I probably had mold behind the paneling and in the Sheetrock. He emailed a price and I gave him the job. His crew showed up on time and were very professional, did a great job and clean up was right on. Very happy with this company.

Description of Work
Remove paneling, Sheetrock, insulation in my basement to remove mold

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

06/14/2017

John H.

The team was punctual and were able to operate shortly after the quote. Guy was willing to work with us on price / expectations. The only reason for "Bs" is that demolition wasn't complete. Given that they were doing mold remediation only, I'm very satisfied with the work and highly recommend them in the future. They cleared out a 25'x35' basement room and cleaned / perform mold remediation.

Description of Work
Basement demolition and mold remediation

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

05/22/2017

Yefim E.

....................................................................................................

Work Completed On 04/02/2016

03/20/2017

Christopher M.

They did a great job and were very professional.

Description of Work
We had mold in are attic and advanced mold company was great. They answered all of our questions were on time and very professional.

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

03/07/2017

mark C.

It was a good experience with them. They were just quick and clean, and they performed the job as they said they would. The owner was really pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Mold remediation in the basement and the attic.

Work Completed On 02/25/2017

06/13/2016

Brian S.

I highly recommend Guy and his team at Affordable Mold Removal. First, Mike came out to check out the roof to give an estimate on the cost. He was actually early, and I was the one that was late! He was very cool, and took a quick look and that was it. I received a quote that was extremely reasonable from Guy (the owner) later that night. Much cheaper than some of the other quotes received. They were able to turn around and perform the work 2 days later with no problems as well. The team showed up, 5 or 6 guys, and had everything taken care of in just a few hours. Great guys, friendly and outgoing. They cleaned the mold in the walk-up attic, added added soffit vents to the back of the roof and even added a few to the front at no extra cost! They also cleaned all of my ducts in the house, as we recently bought from a seller whose standards of hygiene were... not so good. Guy came out to walk me through the house, chat a bit, make some suggestions and observations, and also offer some recommendations based on what they found. He is an extremely friendly and nice person (trying to avoid using guy so much because that's his name)! I will definitely use Guy and Affordable Mold Removal when I have a ridge vent installed. They were the best, and most of all: honest, friendly, and care about their clients!

Description of Work
took care of mold in attic, added soffits to front and back of roof, cleaned all air ducts in house.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 06/10/2016

04/29/2016

Darshani G.

It is great to see the team work hard, and then clean up the work site. There was a question about the strapping being removed from our horse hair ceilings. Even though it was more work, he recommended removing it also, and keeping it clean. That was very good advice, and we are happy he was sincere about this advice.

Description of Work
We hired Guy and his team to remove mold and according to a mold remediation plan set aside by an independent mold testing company. Guy and team were extremely professional, good humored, and got it all done in a couple of days. They were willing to work around with my child's allergies and was extra careful. We only hired them for mold remediation, but then had them demo the ceilings too as we had to take care of the water damage.

Work Completed On 04/15/2016