ProShield Exteriors

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2010

1100 WASHINGTON ST

Hanover, MA 02339

ProShield Exteriors of the South Shore provides siding, roofing, interior painting and exterior painting services for residential and commercial clients throughout Boston's South Shore including Braintree, Weymouth, Hull, Hingham, Cohasset, Hanover, Rockland, Abington, Whitman, Norwell, Scituate, Pembroke, Duxbury and other towns. As your local owner and project manager, I am always accessible to answer all your commercial or home improvement questions. I regard communication as essential to my customer’s satisfaction, after all your satisfaction is imperative to our continued success....

01/31/2021

Joseph L.

Hired Bruce to install Hardy board siding in 2019 product was improperly nailed down during inspection boards were loose crew had to come back and re nail siding it is inow coming loose I emailed Bruce and left 4 phone messages he has not responded PLEASE BE AWARE

Description of Work
Hardy Board siding

Category contractors, siding

10/17/2020

Patricia M.

I obtained an estimate from Proshield Painters for exterior house painting from Angie's list. Mr. Bruce Wheeler came to my home and gave me an estimate. We accepted this estimate in late June 2020 and spoke of a mid September date to have my house painted. We signed an agreement and waited. To this date, Oct 17, 2020, Mr. Wheeler has not answered any phone calls or emails. I hope that nothing unforeseen has happened to him but this is very poor business practice. No money was exchanged. I did however let 2 estimates go and now have to begin this process all over again for next year. This company has behaved very unprofessionally and I suggest that all those reading do not do any business with them.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

09/10/2020

Dianne P.

Not good, ProShield has never shown up or returned my calls, texts, or emails. I met with Bruce this past end of June 2020 for an estimate in Hanover, MA. He seemed very pleasant and professional and gave me a written cost proposal (including extras) which I accepted and signed and sent him my color choice. No money was given upfront (and he said there was no need for him to sign proposal as I did). He said he couldn't start job until end of August or thereabouts---and that was perfectly fine with me. However, it is now Sept 9, 2020. I have tried to follow-up on status of start date (just wanted to check back). Frustrating part is----Bruce has NOT returned my emails, texts, or phone calls. I've called 2 different phone #s and both say "mailbox is full, goodbye". I even had my brother stop by their office address in Hanover to leave a note to call me. Still NO RESPONSE. After 2 weeks of trying to contact them to ask about status of start date - I am at a loss. Either Bruce has disappeared/left/died or he is very unprofessional to not have a business # to accept phone messages or for him to return texts/emails/notes left. Maybe business is very good for them, and they just don't care about following thru on all their jobs or their customers needs and losses on our end. My time vested in this is just as important as their time. (I lives out-of-state trying to get my elderly aunt's home painted in MA). We've lost the whole summer and no house painted....so have to start all over and find another painter. As far as overall, responsiveness and professionalism....I have no choice but to give them a big F!! Would not recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

05/11/2020

Mike D.

My roofing project was completed in one day. Bruce's team removed the old roof, replaced plywood underlayment where needed, installed the new roof all in a day. The crew performed site cleanup throughout the day, including a sweep for any roofing nails throughout all of the landscaping. The roof looks fantastic and I can't thank them enough. I highly recommend them to anyone needing a new roof.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof

05/08/2020

Robert M.

ProShield did the roof on the main part of my house last year, along with some associated carpentry, and did an excellent job at a very fair price. So, when a big tree fell on another part of the house causing lots of damage this past winter, I reached out to Bruce to see if his firm could take it on. After seeing the damage and providing a written estimate, his crew came right in and worked through a weekend to get that part of the house weatherproof again, which was really important. This prevented any further damage from occurring. The entire roof and most of the rafters and a good part of the end wall of the house had to be completely re-done, along with various trim boards, installing a replacement window, and a gutter. It also meant re-shingling that end of the house. Additionally, it meant a lot of interior work like creating a new pine tongue-and-groove cathedral ceiling to replace the one that was destroyed by the tree, as well as putting up sheet-rock and then painting the room. The ProShield roofing and carpentry crew was really nice. Very polite and friendly and they kept me informed on what was happening and maintained a good level of communication. The work they did was excellent. The house looks really great now (better than before the tree hit it!), with no sign that anything had ever happened to it. There were some little extra touches they added here and there that were not requirements, but made for a nicer job at the end, and I appreciate that they would go the extra mile to have it turn out so nicely. It was clear that they wanted to deliver a top quality job, and that is what they did. The painters came in to finish off the room after the roofing and carpentry guys were done. They were really great. They had to scrape off some wallpaper on several walls before they could paint, which they did, and then they methodically went around and fixed any little imperfections with some kind of putty or joint compound. They then sanded and then primed and painted, and stained the T&G ceiling. What a beautiful job they did. The room has never looked this good before. This was a big job that took a lot of work, and Bruce and his guys really stepped up and got it done, and I think the pricing was very fair. I would definitely recommend these guys to anyone.

Description of Work
Repair House after Tree fell on it

Category contractors, siding, wallpaper removal, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

08/31/2019

Ryan G.

We couldn't be happier - the crew did a fantastic job. The quality of the work was excellent, and the team was so professional and conscientious. I really appreciate how thoughtful they were about the work space and making sure to clean up thoroughly as they worked. I also can't believe how quickly they completed the project. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior paint job

07/29/2019

Robert M.

They were very good to deal with from start to finish. Friendly, professional, and responsive to all questions or concerns that I had, and the owner worked with me closely on defining the job and selecting the best materials for my house. When the crew arrived, they worked efficiently and quickly, and did a very good job of clean-up after finishing. The roof is done now and is beautiful. I am very happy with the work, and would not hesitate to recommend ProShield to anyone in the area. Very happy customer.

Description of Work
New roof and fascia boards

Category roofing, woodworking

07/23/2019

Diane W.

I completely recommend them. Very good. They have a very good communication. The work was excellent. His people work very long hours to get the job done quickly. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They painted my deck on spring and recently painted my garage.

07/23/2019

Robert D.

Excellent. They were out in the next day to fix it. The roof was very neat. Everything was pretty clean. The customer service was good. Price was the best. They were flexible.

Description of Work
They replaced roof.

08/29/2017

Robert A.

Carpentry work was well done. The job was easy to schedule. Communication was rather challenging at first but did get better. Good details and craftsmanship. Super nice workers and very professional.

Description of Work
Replace of exterior wood trim and paint preparation

Category contractors

08/29/2017

Robert A.

I was impressed by the quality of the work and the price. They were helpful with the paint selection, the brand I needed and the type of paint.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of wood trim and porch

06/15/2017

Sean H.

finished in day and 1/2. Would make sure you see white primer before they paint over it. Gave them a B because owner was responsive.

Description of Work
painted house, but there was a question on whether primer was used fully and correctly. Owner is nice and made sure things were not left unfinished, but once you paint its too late to go back and put primer on.

Category woodworking, house painters

11/21/2016

gilda C.

The whole project was neat, clean and professional. My neighbors cars were covered while the job was being done, as they were away during the project. I was so surprised how fast the whole project went. I did ask for my shutters to have an extra coat, and it was done with no problem. Also, we didn't have to pay until the job was complete and we were happy. Bruce had told me this in the beginning when I asked how and when we were to pay. I didn't have to worry about the job not being completed or my questions that needed answers. Bruce was available by email, phone or texting.

Description of Work
I live in a Duplex in Randolph. My neighbor and I had decided to have the whole house painted. This is not an easy task, since we both had to agree to certain colors and we both had specific areas that needed attention, particular to each side of the house. Bruce Wheeler was able to answer our questions and quoted us the lowest price, even though we had asked for an upgraded paint. The whole duplex(both sides) was power washed first. Two coats of the Aura paint from Benjamin Moore was used. The house is aluminum and vinyl siding and I wasn't sure how it would look. The shutters were done, my small deck area was stained and my neighbors mud room was done.

12/02/2015

Linda D.

The working crew that came out was excellent. They did a really good job at a fair price!

Description of Work
He painted & done carpentry work in the exterior of my home.

Category woodworking, house painters

10/01/2015

Andrew H.

Time will tell, but all seems good!

Description of Work
Spray for carpenter ants

09/29/2015

Judy M.

Started off OK. Did a good job prepping the deck for staining, something we hadn't done for several years. Several of the railings were in such bad condition they needed to be replaced and they did a good job putting in the new railings. Then the problems began. They began removing the old paint off the deck railings but did it without drop cloths so the paint chips were dropped everywhere, including between the boards. Then they started painting the railings. They did a fair job on the railings but again used no drop cloths and left drops of white paint in many spots on the deck. They proceeded to stain over the paint drops, which were left clearly visible under the semi-transparent stain. A second coat was required anyway and I asked them to make sure to sand off/remove the paint drops before putting the second coat of stain on. They did that while I was watching but as soon as I left they just stained again over the paint. By the time they came back to use a sander to remove the two coats of stain and the paint drops, it was too late to salvage. The final product left a heavy sheen in the areas where they had sanded away the stain/paint. The stain job will likely have to be started from scratch. While Bruce said all the right things -- apologizing for the unprofessional workmanship and promising to fix it -- he failed to follow through. He later said he let the crew go that had done the job because it was literally costing him money ( we obviously didn't pay the final 25% owed on the project). But it's going to cost us money and/or time to fix the poor work done by his crew.

Description of Work
They were hired to prep and repaint back railings and prep and stain our large, two-level deck.

Category contractors, house painters

08/29/2015

Catherine D.

We accepted quote. When contractor came to sign contract with us he indicated that thee were things he did not know when he gave quote. Therefore the cost would be higher. We disputed this and he walked away in anger.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for exterior paint on tri-level house and repair of any wood damage.

Category house painters

Proshield is an Angie's List Super Service Award winner and I trust that speaks to how I operate my business. In reviewing the job scope the member asked for a couple of things that were not originally quoted and I acquiesced as the requests did not cost much although I was getting the feeling that working with them on this project was not going to be a rewarding use of my skills. I've been in business for 7 years and have produced well over a thousand projects and this is the first time I have ever felt the need to walk away from business. Please continue to view the wealth of positive feedback from other happy Angie’s List customers.

08/24/2015

Michael T.

Excellent quality work by crew overall.very good detailing and cleanup.

Description of Work
Power wash and prep, repair trim and home exterior

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

01/01/2015

Joshua D.

Derek was excellent. Work was top notch and he even offered to come back to touch up the cabinets when he finished in the dark. We were so impressed we hired him to paint our dining room as well.

Description of Work
Painted custom cabinets and interior of home.

Category house painters, interior painters

11/13/2014

Sean C.

Bruce Wheeler was very pleasant to deal with. Prompt response, reasonable estimate, good quality work. Great job. I would use his firm again.

Description of Work
Exterior wash and painting trim on a split level

09/29/2014

Kathie E.

Bruce responded to my request for an estimate within a day of the request. He showed up as scheduled to give me an estimate, which I received within a couple of days. I had also received at least 10 other quotes some from Angie's List members others from local paper. I finally decided to go with Bruce Wheeler and I'm happy I did. He went out of his way to help me with my paint selection and he showed up on time with 2 of his workers. He went over everything that was to be done with the workers, and they were here for 2 days, (Friday & Saturday) plus one even came back to finish up on Sunday!!! I have already referred 3 friends to Bruce, and will refer more. I can't say enough good things about Bruce. Anybody looking for a fair and reliable painter look no further. Bruce and his company are it.

Description of Work
Painted living room/kitchen, bedroom walls and ceiling. Primed and painted all woodwork and doors (they were previously stained).

Category house painters, interior painters

09/12/2014

Jerry N.

A great experience all around. Finished job on time and at budget. Bruce is great to work with.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of home

08/25/2014

Elizabeth H.

It took 4 months to get here once they did they a great job.

Description of Work
painted 4 d30ecks and one side of the house. Filled woodpecker holes and painted then

Category deck cleaning, house painters

08/05/2014

Kerri M.

I received a call promptly after contacting Bruce, and he also came by to provide an estimate for the work I requested right away. I was very pleased when I received a formal proposal for the work along with the estimate for such a small job. It also included in addition to the painting, items such as caulking, puttying, etc. which other painters I had out for estimates did not mention. I was satisfied with the work performed and feel the price was both fair and reasonable. I would hire Bruce again.

Description of Work
I hired Protect Painters to paint some exterior window sills and trim that I had replaced.

06/19/2014

Inez M.

From the first contact, this company was a pleasure to work with. The owner, Bruce Wheeler, responded to my initial phone call within an hour, and came to my home the next morning to look at the job. Much of the trim on the outside of my house needed to be repaired and repainted, or replaced. I had a limited budget for the project, though. I explained this to Mr. Wheeler and he spent a good amount of time with me, looking at all the different areas, and helping me to see what was a priority, and what could wait until a later time. I received a proposal from Mr. Wheeler shortly thereafter; the price was very reasonable, and would work with my budget. After I accepted the proposal, Mr. Wheeler kept me informed about how soon they could start the work. Work was actually started earlier than we had expected. The initial work was so good that I asked for some additional areas to be done. Again,the price was very reasonable, and the painters came back the next week to do the additional work. Throughout the process, the three men were careful not to disturb the surrounding area, and did an excellent job of cleaning up at the end of each day. Kurt, Aaron and Dennis were friendly, professional and checked with me to make sure they knew exactly what I wanted to have done before they started work. I asked for their advice on some other areas that I wanted to do myself, and they gave me some great tips. Mr. Wheeler kept in contact with me during the workdays to make sure that things were going well. I couldn't be happier with my entire experience with ProShield Painters, and I intend to have them back whenever my house needs more TLC. I recommend them highly!

Description of Work
ProShield painted the trim on the outside of my house, and the railings on my deck.

On Point Home Remodel

Interior and exterior remodeling services. On Point Home Remodel is a hub for all your remodel needs, we take pride in being able to handle all facets of your project, no multiple contractors for you to deal with. With more than ten years of experience in the home remodeling market we can handle anything. We are a family owned remodeling service company that adds value to your home !

One Way Painting & Construction Inc.

We are a family owned and operated painting company with one way to do things... THE BEST WAY to get the best results with over 20 years of experience. For One Way Painting & Construction Inc. each project is treated and tailored according to each customer's needs and wants. We pay attention to detail, we love painting, we are passionate about it and we show it. Our crew is as passionate and detailed oriented as the owners and we take pride in it. There is no other way to treat painting. This is more than a business, it is an art. We can transform a place just applying the right colors and textures to the interior or exterior surfaces of a room in your home or your business. Contact us for a free estimate. We are here to help! Call or Text: 6179394307 Email: onewaypaintingservices@gmail.com Website: www.onewaypaintingservices.com Instagram: onewaypainting Facebook: @1waypainting Youtube: https://youtu.be/5lVkd6DMagY Tiktok: 1waypainting

Star Painting

193227
    Massachusetts
    Massachusetts: Home Improvement
    01/12/2023

In addition to interior and exterior residential and commercial painting services, ProShield can also help you with replacing areas of rotted wood, deck staining, pressure washing, drywall repair and wallpaper removal. Through our sister company ProShield Exteriors we can also build or renovate your deck and replace your roof and/or siding.