Jancon Exteriors

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2013

PO Box F

Franklin, MA 02038

Jancon Exteriors is Central Massachusetts leading Exterior remodeling company, located in Franklin MA. Our services range from siding, roofing, installation of windows, doors and much more. We are committed to understanding your individual needs and take pride in providing the highest quality of

09/05/2021

Victor K.

Terrible. Mistakes everywhere, and all 4 things - roofing - decking - painting and siding - all are installed badly and are deteriorating already). I already left a review, I was hoping to add some pictures to my existing review but don't see how I can do it.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, exterior painting, replaced the deck.

Category decks, insulation, roofing

We also replaced his Deck Boards and Railings. We suggested that the customer replace the entire deck from top to bottom - including all the framing. He did not want to pay for the entire rebuild of the deck. We explained to him the new Azek decking and railings would not sit perfectly flat on an old frame. He was just interested in the lower price. We did not touch any beams or footings, nor were we contracted to do so. We only replaced the deck boards and Railings. The skirts that go at the base of the Azek post sleeves, there were 2 that broke (due to a manufacturer's defect). We sent 2 crew members on 5/21 to replace them. This issue was covered under the Manufacturer Warranty which we are not responsible for. We still sent 2 guys out and also purchased the new parts as a sign of good faith. The skirts broke for a second time, per the customer's pictures. We then called Azek and put in a Warranty Claim. I communicated this to the customer and told him the claims could take some time, and that it was in process. He tried to get us to re-plaster and paint his bathroom. He claimed there were cracks on the wall from when we did the roof. Our Contract that he signed, states that we are not responsible for plaster cracks during construction of roofing and siding. I believe these cracks were there prior and he was trying to get something for nothing. [Member Name Removed] has threatened me on many occasions of leaving bad reviews. Despite replying to all communications from [Member Name Removed], he has continuously texted me inappropriate messages to my personal phone at all hours of the night and on weekends during non business hours. I kindly asked [Member Name Removed] to not send me bullying and condescending texts on a Sunday to my personal cell phone, and he responds by writing this extremely inaccurate and unfair review. We have taken care of any and all issues that we are responsible for and have gone above and beyond for this customer . I Highly Recommend for ALL other contractors to stay away from this customer. Contractors Beware!

09/05/2021

Victor K.

Jancon exteriors did major renovation - to the tune of $96k - to our house in Dover, MA. They lied about everything. Convinced us to put additional insulation in the rafters, promised no icicles - I got icicles bigger than the house in the winter. The deck is awful - they didn't lay the beams right. The foot railings broke - and they refused to fix them. They painted the house - it's already peeling and the rusty nails are showing through. They also spent three years promising to fix some of these things - and now the owner tells me "not to bother him". Avoid at all costs!! And Angie - you have my permission to give my email to prospective buyers - I stand by what I said and I will be happy to elaborate!!

Description of Work
Replaced the deck and railing, replaced roof, replaced siding

Category decks, insulation, roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed] at [Member Information Removed] Hollow Drive in Dover, hired Jancon in 2017 to do the following projects- roof replacement, Install insulation on cathedral ceiling area, new PVC trim, new Azek decking and railings (NOT INCLUDING existing framing, beams and footings) The total project was for $75k not $96K. We provided him with a referral for a Painter after providing him with a quote to replace all of the Siding and Trim with New James Hardie Products, which he declined because he didn't want to spend the money. As for the rusty nails coming through, that is due to improper installation on the original siding project and the peeling paint was on a few clapboards that are at the end of their lifecycle. It was his choice to forego new siding (which we recommended) . Instead , He hired an independent Painting company and paid them 10,000. directly to paint the old Clapboard siding. (which would not address the issues that were referenced above) We do not provide painting services at Jancon. We also sent an estimate to him 3 months ago to replace 2 gable vents. We informed the customer that if he wanted to move forward with the repair, we would need a signed copy of the estimate and a deposit for the project. We never received either and now he is posting pictures of the damaged gable vent that we proposed to fix and he never hired us to fix. We added insulation in the cathedral ceiling area. We promised the customer that he would no longer get ICE DAMS and water infiltration in the affected area of the house. We did not promise there would be no icicles. Sometimes icicles are not a bad thing when there is a poorly designed/built section of a home.

02/11/2018

Paul B.

The folks at Jancon were friendly, thorough, professional, proactive, and responsive form start to finish. Jeff, the owner, showed us several options, beat a competing bid, itemized everything, walked us through the process so we knew what to expect, and kept us in the loop when weather delays slowed construction, which took place during the winter months. Jen, who takes care of the administrative end of things, was in regular contact, as well. Ron and Steve, who did the actual demolition and construction were skilled, conscientious, and engaged, despite what were often unpleasant working conditions. They delivered a beautiful deck that will be enjoyed for years to come. In short, Jancon is what you hope all of your contractors are like. Engage them without hesitation - our experience was outstanding.

Description of Work
Jancon Exteriors replaced our aging pressure-treated lumber deck with a new one built using Azek synthetic wood.

01/04/2018

John P.

Took about an hour and a half with a crew of four .... materials and truck .

Description of Work
Needed a tarp applied to previous roof damage before snow storm arrived. Jeff, the owner stopped bye, and made it happen that afternoon. His crew was very professional, friendly and did a great job.

11/02/2017

Shawn H.

We had a leak in our roof after a severe storm. Called mid to late morning and the woman who we spoke with was very professional and understanding and said that they had a lot of similar calls given the severity of the storm. She said that she would see if she could get someone to come out later that day or the next. Only a couple of hours later they were able to fit us in. The professionalism continued with the individual who arrived. He went on the roof, took some pictures and explained what he planned to do. He soon discovered some additional issues as a result of the original builder not installing the vent correctly. He took more pictures, came down off the roof and walked us through what he saw and how he would address it. Overall a very good experience. We would absolutely hire them again. Thank you for all of your help.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in roof around an exhaust vent.

04/06/2017

Seth H.

I contacted Jancon to get a quote on work needed for a house I am under contract on, They replied and told me they refused to even meet with me prior to my closing date which is a month away. I explained I was working on this now to get the work set up for immediately after closing so it would be complete prior to moving in as I understood that "good" contractors are often booked far in advance and time was a concern. They failed to acknowledge my reasons and emailed again saying they could meet with me after closing, and that the work would not be completed by my timeline because we weren't meeting until then. the cold, callous rude attitude was disheartening and not a company I would ever want to work with.

Description of Work
I contacted Jancon to get a quote on exterior wood repairs, roofing, gutter replacement and siding

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], I understand your frustration and would like to explain our procedures. Jancon Exteriors cannot send sales consultants to measure and later do a project proposal on property that is not owned by the client due to legal provisions. Jancon Exteriors would be happy to come out upon closing to give you an estimate. Due to the time of year and your scheduled move in date, we inform customers of the production lead time to be aware of timetables and expectations. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and assist you with your home improvement projects. Regards, Jeff Swahn President Jancon Exteriors

10/21/2016

Michael D.

A lot of the finish work had to be hand cut and fit - really dressed up our 20 year old porch.

Description of Work
Porch landing and stairs, railing, and lower porch trimwork

10/21/2016

Thomas L.

Couldn't have gone better. They did maintenance and repairs to a very large old wooden roof deck to extend its lifespan. We will definitely hire them to build a new one when time comes.

Description of Work
Deck repairs

07/18/2016

Andrea N.

Our experience with Jancon Exteriors was superb. From start to finish they were professional, thorough and responsive. As new homeowners they answered all of our questions and made sure that we were all on the same page throughout the process. I appreciated to detailed explanation of the work to be done and the attention to detail. The crew was extremely neat and careful in my home. I would highly recommend Jancon Exteriors for future projects.

Description of Work
We had eleven windows in our house replaced with new construction Harvey windows.

Category replacement windows

06/26/2016

Mary G.

BEST CONTRACTOR EXPERIENCE EVER. Jancon fixed a small problem with the siding on our home a couple of years ago and we were impressed with their responsiveness, so we decided to have them bid on replacing our roof - and we were not disappointed. From start to finish, Jeff and his crew were professional, responsive and transparent. The bid was mid-range and, unlike other contractors, never once felt like we were being sold something we didn't need. They started and finished as promised, were careful with our landscaping and the plant on our deck, and overall very respectful of our home. It was, by far, the best contractor experience we've ever had and we would recommend Jancon to friends and family without hesitation.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

04/22/2016

Stephen B.

I cannot recommend this provider highly enough. From the very beginning when the estimate was offered to final clean-up they did exactly what they said they would do. They were here every morning at 7. There was a project manager to over see every aspect of the job to see things were done right. The final results were impeccable. The were not the cheapest but like the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." We feel we got that and a little more. We will definitely be calling Jeff and the boys when it comes time to do our siding.

Description of Work
Installed new roof on house and garage.

Category siding

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the terrific feedback! We are always striving to provide our customers with 100% satisfaction. It appears that the guys did just that! We definitely look forward to working with you again when it comes time for your siding project. Thanks again Amanda

03/21/2016

pam L.

The firm did a great job. They were responsive and actually identified a few additional problems that they were able to fix at no additional charge. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a skylight and did some roof repairs.

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business. We appreciate the great feedback also. If you need anything in the future, don't hesitate to call. Thanks Amanda

01/10/2016

TRACY W.

The crew was very pleasant and did a thorough job. Very happy with the crew as they seemed like they wanted to do a good job.

Description of Work
Siding repair with water shield and re-flashing and roofing where siding met with roof line.

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy that you had a good experience. If you need anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call. Thanks Amanda

12/15/2015

H J K.

Exceptional service from the two pre construction meetings to the final clean up. Jeff fully explained what he recommended, costed it out thoroughly, and further explained in detail how extra work and expense encountered would be handled. As they demolished and saw rotted plywood and what fix it required they pointed it out all along the way.The four man crew showed up each morning within five minutes of their stated arrival time and they were most professional and competent. The job came out perfectly, which was not surprising as they took all the time it required. Neighbors walking by daily commented on how this crew seemed to be doing this job so thoroughly, as compared to some "bang, bang" roofing crews that flew through some other homes in the neighborhood this past summer. The way they flashed everything was so superior to the roofing job I last had done. I have lived in this home for forty years, and have kept it up as well as possible, hiring numerous contractors over the years for replacements and upgrades. All others pale in comparison to Jancon. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Tear out roof and four skylights and replace all

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed], I cant say enough how happy we are that you were pleased with your roofing project every step of the way! We really appreciate your positive feedback. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to call! Thanks again Amanda

11/12/2015

Gloria A P.

The men worked as a well oiled team. Each one knew his job and completed it with accuracy and professionalism. Any question I had was answered directly. Did a walk around with the foreman half way through and at the completion. My satisfaction was important to this company. Had four estimates in all and this company was competitive in their price as well as having an excellent reputation.

Description of Work
Removed existing siding from two family house with attached garage. Installed new siding and added metal protection around all windows. Replaced small section of rotted wood. Removed all debris from yard including yard waste from bush trimming to allow access to the house.

Category siding, replacement windows

[member name removed], Thank you for the positive review! We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received from us. Our customers satisfaction is very important to us. Please don't hesitate to call us in the future if you need anything else. Thanks Amanda

10/28/2015

Andrew M.

We needed a siding job performed, as our house had ceder shingles and they were starting to rot. I met with Jeff S., the owner of Jancon, and he absolutely blew me away with how prepared he was to talk about the job and all the details around it. I have never been presented with such a thorough package of documentation for a job, including the estimate and how it was arrived at, the credentials and training his company has achieved, his qualifications and certificates, and memberships in good standing within the industry. He promised quality service at a reasonable price, and seeing how prepared and personable he was, he stood well ahead of the pack in the other 4 contractors we interviewed. The crew sent to work were a group of excellent people. It was quite obvious how much effort they put into the job, as well the pride they took in the work they did. They were all respectful of my family, and they were all polite and pleasant. (No vulgarity ever heard). They made sure they did not leave equipment and materials all over the place (worked organized) and ensured we could get in and out of our driveway consistently. They made a few mistakes when they were on the job, but instead of keeping quiet, immediately pointed them out and took responsibility for them, fixing them quickly. I appreciated this immensely. We discovered as part of their work that our house was not insulated properly. We worked out a service order for them to install the insulation. We also so problems with our gutters and gutter guards, and they also made adjustments for that work too. Again, I felt the pricing was reasonable - they did not hold the fact this work really needed to get done in order to complete the original job over our heads - they dealt with us very fairly to perform the other needed work. They showed talent in what they did. They created a "sunburst" over the top of my front porch out of the siding and flash materials. It looked like a pre-bought piece (I mean that in a good way), and I was very impressed by it. The also were super flexible. One part of the job we mistakenly tried to cover ourselves was the ordering of a new door for our side entrance. We went through a "big box store" to do this, and it turned into a nightmare as they continually pushed back the delivery, and eventually delivered the custom cut door and it was too big for the original door frame. Jancon had no problem with stopping work and coming back later to get the door in after we finally got it weeks later, and also worked out a deal with us to re-cut the frame to fit the door in properly - and always pleasant and accommodating in the process. Once done with their work, they cleaned up the property so you would never have known they were ever there. Even the subcontractor electrician on the job was a good pick. He worked during a heavy downpour to make sure my street connection was installed properly after the siding went up. Again, another well spoken and professional person. I don't know what more to say other that my experience with Jancon Exteriors was probably the BEST experience I have ever had with a company in the building business. They were fair, quality driven, experienced, professional, and pleasant to deal with. It was actually a pleasure to have met that crew and work with them over the course of the summer. I would recommend them with a full endorsement for anyone looking to get this kind of work done.

Description of Work
Installed siding on house, replaced gutters, added insulation to main part of house, framed and installed side door.

Category insulation, roofing, siding, doors

[Member name removed] It appears that we have another raving fan! This is what we strive for.... Happy customers, All of the time, every time! We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with every aspect of the project. Thank you for choosing Jancon Exteriors, placing your trust in us and allowing us to exceed your expectations! Thanks Amanda

09/19/2015

James G.

I can't say enough about JANCON EXTERIORS JEFF and his crew did a fantastic job on every aspect of the house my roof and exterior look brand new including the inside of the house they were very attentive, they cleaned up after every piece of work they performed. They were at my house for one week. JEFF is a man of his word, he did everything he said he would do and then some if ever I need work done to my house he will be the person I call.

Description of Work
Repaired ice damage to the outside and inside of the house, there were two bedrooms and a garage and exterior clap board and roof.

Category roofing, siding

[Member name removed], It was a pleasure to work with you on your home Improvement project. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that you were 100% satisfied with everything! We strive to earn customers for life and it sounds as if we have earned you as one of our Loyal customers! Thank you again!

08/11/2015

Michael C.

My wife and I met with the Jancon President where we explained that our roof was allowing water leakage from ice dams and that we were looking for a improvements to the roofing system to mitigate the water leakage. We were impressed with the apparent knowledge and professionalism exhibited by the Jancon rep and we made the decision to go with them. The next visit was with the foreman for the crew who would be assigned to our job. He too was personable and knowledgeable. After some review of the roof, he explained in broad terms what they would do. He and his crew arrived on the agreed to date and worked daily. Cleanup was done each day and the roof was made watertight before they left for the day. I am not a roofing expert but from what I could see, they did what they said they would do which also included improving the flashing where the house walls interfaced with the roof. I am confident that the flashing was at least part of the problem and believe that these improvements will help resolve the leakage. Also, the roof had some flat places. These required some additional water proofing that goes beyond an underlayment and shingles. The work also included replacing and adding to the roof vents to improve air circulation in the attic to reduce the formation of ice dams. All of this work continued until the job was finished (about 2 weeks total). It was expensive but if it keeps the water out of the house, it will be worth it as this has happened twice now with expensive repairs inside the house. I feel good about the work that was done and I am optimistic that the problems we have had in the past are either elliminated completely or reduced significantly.

Description of Work
Replace existing roofing with improved water/ice barrier system underlayment and shingles

Category roofing, siding

Thank you for your honest feedback. We were extremely happy to be able to help you. If you need any assistance with anything in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We strive to earn customers for life and it seams that we have earned your trust and confidence to work with us again. Thanks again Amanda

03/02/2015

John G.

The office was responsive despite being overwhelmed with requests and Jeff was professional and courteous when he arrived with his team. They arrived as scheduled and did a good job despite the dangerous job and the workers being tired because of so many jobs to clear roofs during these exceptional snowstorms.

Description of Work
Cleared snow off roofs twice and created channels in the ice dams to permit water to escape.

Category roofing, siding

We appreciate your great feedback! We strive to give our customers 100% satisfaction. It looks like we succeeded. Please don't hesitate to call us in the future if you need anything. We are Exterior Home Remodeling specialists. If you would like some information about the products and services we offer, we can be found on the web at www.janconexteriors.com. Thanks Again

03/01/2015

James G.

as of 03/01/15 i have no water coming in to the house i am hoping what they did works i can't see the top of my roof because it is about 35-40 feet high i will also call them when this weather stops to see if there is any damage in the attic you could not to my belief that i could get a person in such a short time Amanda was fantastic so was Dennis i definitely will use them again again i thank you very much

Description of Work
cleared snow off the back of my roof only tried to put channels in the ice dam i have

Category roofing, siding

(member nae removed), It was a pleasure to help you with your snow removal. We appreciate the time you took to post a review. Please feel free to contact us in the future. We would be happy to take a look at your roof and attic to access for any damage. We also are experts at a wide array of other Exteriors remodeling Services. You can learn more about the products and services we offer on the web at www.janconexteriors.com. Thanks again for your business!

02/16/2015

Katelyn C.

The service was fantastic! I could not have asked for a better contractor. They were attentive to my needs as a customer. They stuck to their original estimate, I never felt like I was being asked to spend more money. The workers were always very respectful and polite. I trusted the provider as a contractor, which is definitely hard to find these days. I would recommend them to anyone interested in siding, roofing and windows.

Description of Work
They replaced our windows. They also removed old siding and replaced it with new siding.

Category siding, replacement windows

[Member name removed], Thank you for this fantastic review! We really appreciate your business and enjoyed working with you. Your finished project looks beautiful! Ironically, I was working a home show in Marlborough on Saturday and someone at the home show came to me and mentioned that they drive by your house everyday to and from work. They said that the transformation was amazing and that it looks absolutely fantastic! It was really nice to hear and I'm sure you also appreciate hearing that. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can get back and finish the last few things that need to be done. Thanks again for the great feedback!

01/21/2015

Mary J.

The project went very well. Jeff brought samples of the fiber cement we were to use. He printed up complete report of everything he would do, p;roof of insurance, references, etc. He was very thorough, polite and had equally the well trained workers. Everything was done neatly with precision in a timely manner, very satisfied.

Description of Work
One side of our house was stripped of rotten siding. Some of the plywood underneath had to be replaced also. New fiber cement siding was installed as well as new certainteed "plaster" cover boards. Also various pieces of siding were replaced all over house and other sills replaced. All new sills and siding were painted.

Category siding

[Member name removed], Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that you are 100% satisfied with your Remodeling project. We take great pride in our work and use all of our customers feedback to try and improve in any areas necessary. It is very nice to hear that we have another happy customer! We really enjoyed working with you. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We work through the winter and we also added interior remodeling to our forte. Thanks again!

12/24/2014

Steven S.

There was some initial delay in getting the inspector here, but the job was finished in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Inspect the roof and provide information as to what needed repair, and general condition of the roofing materials.

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name], Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate it. Our #1 goal is to give our customers 100% satisfaction. Your feedback will help us to improve our company procedures and services in order to reach that goal. We apologize for the initial delay as one of our key employees was out for several weeks with a family emergency. We always do our best to make sure we are scheduling and following up with our customers within a timely manner. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the Roof Inspection Service. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to call us again. We would love the opportunity to work with you again.

10/28/2014

Gail M.

Our house had water damaged soffit and facia boards due to improperly hung gutters. Due to the uncertain nature of job, the extend of the water damage wood was found to be worse than initially anticipated after the existing facia boards were removed. The job increased in price as the water damage and wood rot was more extensive and I also agreed to increase the scope of the project at Jancon's recommendation (added ridge vent, soffit vents, new gutter brackets). The project ended up costing more than I initially thought, but ultimately the job was done thoughly and done properly. The work crew was very courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and did a high quality job. They explained any needed work changes/recommendations.

Description of Work
Remove and replace 230' (+/-) of water damaged soffit and facia boards, repair /replace some rake boards, replace 2 sections of gutters - 1 section of downspout, rehung gutters properly, install nail cleats on garage, install ridge vent and soffit vents, paint everything. Removed existing built-in a.c unit, plywood, re-shingled, sheetrock. Repair some deteriorated wood shingles.

Category remodeling, roofing

(member name removed), Thank you for your honest feedback. We certainly appreciate it. It was unfortunate that there was a lot of unexpected water damage that needed to be repaired. We do understand that the added cost was substantial . However, we are happy that you decided to have the repairs done completely and correctly. In these cases we understand that this can be a stressful situation so we do our best to be upfront, honest, and compassionate. We want our customers experience to be the best that it can be despite the circumstances. It sounds as though you were pleased with your overall experience. Now you will have peace of mind that all of the water and rot issues have been repaired and you wont have any issues down the road such as mold or leaking. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to helping you with any future projects.

10/24/2014

Sarah C.

The service turned out well. They seemed pretty prompt. They are reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They fixed some siding and a leaking area.

Category siding

We appreciate the good feedback. We also appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to helping you with any future projects you have. Thanks again!