Masstone Landscape Construction Inc.

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2013

Since 2006, Mass Stone Landscape Construction has been committed in providing our customers with the very best in landscape construction. From your driveway to your backyard patio, Mass Stone uses only quality products and the latest installation techniques in order to turn our customers' ideas

A Service Provider's profile image

hardscaping (11)Patios (4)stone & gravel (4)masonry (2)

03/03/2021

Ronald W.

In a word "FANTASTIC"! I got numerous estimates and Mass Stone was the best by far. These guys were not only skillful with their craft but also very professional, personable and polite. They were timely on the installation, accurate with the estimates and when completed they cleaned up the area and even put down some loam. When my family, friends and neighbors need stone work I will alway recommend Mass Stone.

Description of Work
Pool Patio & Front Steps and walkway

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Review for Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. - 47 Gates St, Framingham, MA - 39226328

06/25/2020

Siobhan S.

They have been excellent with the estimate process, provided great ideas and solutions and I feel confident they'll do a good job on the project.

Description of Work
I have two separate areas that require attention. 1. Turn grassy area to a patio area at the back of the house 2. Walkway at the front of the house to pave with paving on both sides of the front door.

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

08/15/2018

Nancy H.

"Renato was great. We did not has a specific design for the patio and walkways that we wanted. Renato has able to show us lots of pictures and we came up with a design that we liked. The crew came in and got the work done very quickly. We were surprised about how late they were willing to work. Now we have a beautiful patio to enjoy all summer."

Description of Work
Patio, new front steps and walkway

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

07/30/2018

Judith P.

I had brick risers and steps for my front porch which had been repaired several times in the past. I decided to have this problem fixed altogether. I had the brick replaced with stone risers and bluestone treads and landing. Massstone completely took out the brickwork and replaced the stairs in just 3 days of work. Their price was very competitive with other estimates I received. They came when they said they would and cleaned up all the debris. Their stone work people were quite good and the results look terrific. They also had to disassemble some of the pavers of sidewalk and they replaced that as well. They also saved some of the old bricks and slate at my request, and placed it where I indicated. The only flaw was one scratch on a bluestone tread, which they say will wear out with weather. (We'll see). So far, the whole thing looks terrific. Their advice is not to use any salt in winter and not to put pots directly onto the bluestone, except if there is a saucer underneath.

Description of Work
front steps replaced

Category masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

09/23/2017

John B.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

10/20/2016

Darrin M.

The path install was done within 2 days and looked nice when it was complete. However, Renato told my wife that they always install pipes under the path for future projects. Great. Two months later when I was getting ready to install a new sprinkler system I emailed Renato several times asking where the pipes were because we couldn't find them. No response. I finally got him on the phone and he said he would check with his crew and call me back. Again no response after a few weeks. I emailed him several more times and left a voice mail. No response. Based on this I assume that they forgot to put the pipes in. The sprinkler installers had to dig up my yard drilling under the path. They also put the path directly on top of a thin wall drain pipe that was cracked and never said anything to me about it. Disappointing considering the amount of money we paid.

Description of Work
Install front path using brick pavers

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

10/13/2016

PATRICIA M.

They did an outstanding job. The results are beyond our expectations!

Description of Work
new stone walkway to our front entry. the old walkway pooled water whenever it rained, and would freeze in the winter making it treacherous at times

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

07/20/2016

Alison G.

The project went wonderfully. I was able to be scheduled almost right away. The crew put in long, hard days and did a superb job. The job took 7.5 days to complete because of the steep grade and length of the walkway. The worked from 7 am to 6 pm, weather permitting and even on Saturday. They took pride in their work and very much wanted to be sure I was happy with it. When I had questions or concerns, Renato promptly clarified. Moving large blocks of granite up the steep slope to my house was **** ** the crew and my garden. Once the stone work was done they also spread good loam on my garden and crushed stone on my drive - which was not expected. They left my drive and garden in better shape than when they had arrived. I highly recommend Mass Stone.

Description of Work
I needed to replace a long paved walkway with steps. I obtained quotes from three vendors. . I chose Mass Stone because of Renato's thoughtfulness in trying to solve my problems with the steps, his timely response and his clear, comprehensive project quote Previous installations hadn't lasted well and were awkward to climb. He showed me just why they hadn't lasted and what he would do differently. He also took careful measurements and spent more than an hour to create a whole new 'stepping plan' that would make the steps more comfortable to maneuver. The other vendors just measured length and width and offered no suggestions or changes in anything except the stone to be used. Mass Stone gave a warranty of 10 years and lifetime on materials. The other two vendors offered a warranty only after being asked and one for for 3 years and the other for 5. Mass Stone also offered more color choices. The quotes were all close in price.

Work Completed On 07/02/2016

06/07/2016

Loreen Y.

Upon meeting Renato, we knew he was the one for our project! It involved over 300 feet of stone walls (4 feet high), plus a paver patio and walk, along with a custom fire pit, and sod installation. He and his crew were professional, and they were able to complete this large job in 5 weeks, quality along with quickness! They are true craftsman in all components of the work, and very flexible as the project evolved and changed to meet our needs! We highly recommend Renato and his team. Hardworking, professional and a reliable company.

Description of Work
Over 300 feet of stone wall, paver patio walk, custom fire pit and sod installation.

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

05/07/2016

Ed L.

In each case Renato quoted a reasonable price and offered design insights that improved the appearance of my home. He fully understands his craft; he not only knows how to work with rock and gravel, he understands the principles of design and color matching. Every job for him seems to be a part of his legacy. He wants it to be the best it can be so you will be proud to show it off. Once a date is set, his crew arrives and puts in a full day. They clean up as they go, as they can, and they clean up everything when they are done. They have never left any sort of mess for me to clean up. Once you agree on a price, he sticks to it. For his first job with us, the patio, he quoted a reasonable price, Neither of us realized the backyard of ivy would cause the job to take longer and require excavating the underground portion of the plant, He never requested more money for either the time or the materials, He never hinted at wanting more. He is a man of his word. Because he is so busy, it can take time to get on his schedule, but it's worth the small wait. If you are looking for high quality at a reasonable price, with a "wow" factor, Mass Stone and Renato is the place to go.

Description of Work
I've hired Mass Stone six times over five years: Back yard patio, side walkway, front walkway, redoing a walkway to get rid of frost heaves, two slabs, and finally, to extend a slab.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/07/2016

04/28/2016

Michael P.

This is an outstanding company that delivers the results they promise. We installed a 60' x 20' patio, retaining wall and a sitting wall. The finished work was beyond our expectations. It is both structurally sound and looks beautiful. Renato's suggestions were fantastic. I would recommend him and the company to anyone needing landscape construction work.

Work Completed On 10/10/2013

04/26/2016

James H.

The job went more smoothly than any other job with a contractor we have experienced. The workers showed up on the date promised and worked continuously until the job was completed (8 days). There was no mess left at the end of the day. The workers were skilled, friendly and professional. They arrived promptly at 7:30am and did not leave until 7:00pm. At the end of the job the appearance of our house was transformed by the work, so much so in fact that we have had too many compliments to keep track, and have made more recommendations than I can remember. The bottom line for us is that this job EXCEEDED our expectations, and we are obviously very pleased. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
The contractor built a new walkway from the street to the front door (75 feet) then from the front door to the driveway (75 feet). In addition, the contractor installed a stone veneer to the concrete retaining wall along side the driveway.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

05/20/2015

Nancy C.

The team was on time and project was done in the time quoted. During the estimate it was explained exactly what was going to be done in detail. The guys where on the site early and cleaned up every night. They were very professional and I would hire them again. I highly recommend Masstone and Renato to friends and anyone wanting a professional job done.

Description of Work
Renato's team resided the front of the house with stone.

Work Completed On 05/11/2015

CS-103537
    Massachusetts
    Massachusetts: Contractors - Public Safety
    01/24/2023

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Masstone Landscape Construction Inc.

How is Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. overall rated?

Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. open?

Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. is open:

What payment options does Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. provide

Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Does Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Masstone Landscape Construction Inc.?

Yes, Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offer?

Masstone Landscape Construction Inc. offers the following services: Patios, stone, gravel, landscaping - hardscaping & pavers.