H & R Roofing

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2008

763 Waverly St

Framingham, MA 01702

H&R Roofing have been providing homeowners and developers with professional roofing services for over 20 years. They have built their outstanding reputation on providing friendly and honest consultation with the highest quality roofing services, all at an affordable price. H&R Roofing are certified roof installers and are trusted by all the major roofing manufacturers which enable them to give you the best warranties offered by the manufacturer as well as their own workmanship warranty. All H&R employees are also trained in the proper tear off and applications of all roof installations they provide, as well as being the neatest crews in the roofing industry. Our Promise is to always be Professional, Fair, Courteous, Respectful of Your Time, to Educate you on Products & Processes and to work with you to achieve the results you desire. Additional fax - (508) 270-9158....

04/26/2020

Michael F.

The job went as expected - High Quality in every aspect. Quoting was done by Dan and was prompt, informative and competitive. Dan was outstanding to work with. He is knowledgeable of the products and materials to be used. Dan was extremely responsive in all aspects - from detailed quoting to scheduling and delivery of services to communications and accessibility. The roofing materials was delivered the day before the job and the dumpster was dropped off that morning before work started. The roofers showed up on time and immediately started working. They are an extremely hard-working team; everyone knows what their part of the process and just does it. It was obvious that the installers are seasoned professionals, paying attention to details. It was clear that they take pride in their work. The job was done is a day which means that the driveway and yard was picked up and returned in the state that it was found in. Dan was there to check in and answer any questions during the install. Overall, extremely pleased with the process and results. Thank you, Dan and the whole H&R Team. The roof looks great and I know it will be in place for many, many years to come.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category roofing, chimney repair

07/12/2017

Rick G.

They did a terrific job. They were clearly lower. They actually did a fancier job than I even specified. I sent out the specifications I wanted. But to meet the 30 year guarantee for the warranty they had to even put more ice & shield on it than I felt necessary. They just included that in their price because they wanted to meet all the requirements for the warranty, a 30 year guarantee. They were authorized. In other words, a roofer has to be authorized first to be able to give the guarantee you know what I’m saying. Then the roofing company has a stringent requirement of everything that must be done. So it was even better than I wanted. And their price was clearly the best. There was lower prices from other companies, who wasn't guaranteed by anybody. You know what I'm saying. I had like 3 more quotes than I intended. I didn't want to annoy a lot of people. So I contacted 3. They were kinda slow. So then I contacted 3 more and then all the sudden all of them came and did an estimate. So I got 6 estimates. Because it didn't seem like the first ones were like moving. So anyways I got 6 estimates and they were hands down the best. There were one or two ones slightly cheaper but they weren't gonna follow my specifications, you know what I'm sayin' and it wouldn't be guaranteed because they weren't authorized to give a guarantee. H&R roofing met the qualifications. I got the guarantee sent to me by the warranty company. It's pro-rated after 15, you know. They went above and beyond. I'm a structural engineer and I know a lot about roofing. So I know exactly how I want it. And for somebody who doesn't, they don't even know what to ask for. Just ask for I want a guarantee by the roofing manufacturer. And then, the things they don't even know about will be done because the roofing manufacturer requires these things to be done in order to have the guarantee. So therefore someone who doesn't know anything, the one thing they should say is I want the roof guaranteed by the roofing manufacturer and then they can step back because the roofing manufacturer looks at their supply list and the stuff that was delivered. So therefore someone who doesn't know anything would get it done right. I have to say there's no short coming whatsoever. The one short coming, I mean they did their best. It was a very, very hot day and they put tarps over all the shrubs and stuff, but it was such a hot day that the tarps got so warm that they burnt the top of some of the shrubs. It was like new growth, you know it's the Spring. I don't know what could have been done. The only thing that could have been done was don't do it in late Spring. They finished it 2 weeks ago. And the thing is I was very surprised that the shrubs were burnt. It's something, you can't spray water on the tarps because there's a lot of crud coming down and you'd make soup you know what I'm sayin'. So I don't know what you could do to solve that. It's a time of the year issue. It's also the shrubs and flowers that were around. I'd recommend them to anybody. Their price was distinctly less. I mean some of the prices I had were almost $10,000 for the same job.

Description of Work
They did some roofing work.

06/06/2017

Ray T.

Awesome; period.

Description of Work
Roofing restoration project.

Category gutter repair, siding, chimney repair

06/05/2017

Alan B.

We couldn't have had a better experience. From the initial consultation to the final meeting after the work was complete, every member of the H&R team was professional, respectful, courteous and obviously dedicated to providing the best service possible. In our first meeting, Ray explained the roofing process, the materials, and the qualifications of his crew with enough detail to help us understand what they were proposing to do and why it was needed. He answered our questions about alternative approaches openly with a logical analysis of the pros and cons and without any pressure to accept the recommended plan. After we signed the contract, things moved quickly as H&R secured the necessary permits from the town and set a date for the work to be done. We had one weather-related postponement for only two days and Ray was considerate in the timing of informing us, waiting until it was clear that work could not be done on that day. When the crew arrived as scheduled two days later, we never saw people work so hard and efficiently. The foreman, Mauricio, explained the plan for the day and when afternoon rain did not come as predicted, he extended the planned working time and completed the entire house and shed in a single 12-hour day, even bringing on a few additional workers to do the shed! Clean-up was impeccable and when the driver of the dumpster truck took ill and could not pick up the dumpster the same evening, Rinaldo, the co-owner, came for it himself, apologizing for the late hour (8:30) and determined to spare us the inconvenience of keeping it in our driveway overnight. The finished roof is beautiful and when we noticed that a small section of one of our gutters had been bent in the process, H&R replaced it immediately. We were so pleased by everything about this company, including the reasonable price, that we will call them first when we plan to do other work on the exterior of our house.

Description of Work
Replaced 35-year-old roof on our house and shed, also replaced wooden gutters on the back of our house with aluminum.

Category gutter repair, roofing

03/31/2017

Gary E.

Excellent Work We own a commercial building,the quality and service we received from H&R from start to finish it was a five star experience, H&R is GAF certified and their quality of work is just outstanding We will hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement and gutters installed

01/12/2017

Wendy C.

Phenomenally! One and only go to for any and all future projects. Not kidding! We had an emergency hospitalization of our only child and the H&R team handled everything. When she was discharged and we came home it was like our roof, chimney and all extra work including gutters had been magically performed. There was zero debris left anywhere and not even my flower beds had been disturbed. Two of my neighbors requested H & R's contact info for their homes. The mason, Chris is an artisan with stone and brick and Ray is an affecinado bar none. They are in high demand but will work with you to get your job done on time, on budget and done correctly.

Description of Work
Roofing, gutters, and chimney rebuild.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

07/21/2015

ERIK C.

They did an excellent job. Crew was very friendly. Foreman was well informed and explained the process in detail.

Description of Work
Replaced roof shingles and skylights.

01/21/2015

Jonathan D.

Description of Work
H&R replaced the residential shingle-style roof on my house. The crew started promptly at 7AM on both days, and worked until the job was finished. Work included removing the existing shingles, installing new plywood throughout, new shingles, drip edges, and fascia. They completed the work on time and left everything immaculate. I would definitely recommend them.

Category gutter repair, roofing

06/27/2014

Scott P.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof and repointed my chimney. They did a phenomenal job and Ray was always making sure I was getting great service and even did a walkthrough afterwards to made sure everything was done to my satisfaction! I would highly recommend them.

01/11/2013

edward P.

From the start my wife called me telling me people where out side at 6:00 am setting up by the time i got home from work at 10:00 am the whole roof was striped down to the studs and everything was cleaned up. by the next day they where cutting the plywood and getting ready to shingle. I was more then pleased with the job they did. Know i have a roof that is going to last me 40 years plus. The clean up was good and prompt. I would defiantly refer them to anyone with a roof problem or a large job as i had.

Description of Work
Striped the hole roof down to the studs. RE- Ply-wooded all the roofs and on the wrap around porch. weather proofed everything with new flashing and re pointed the chimney & new gutters and down pipes.

05/13/2012

Richard B.

Very professional work. Careful of plantings, and very good cleanup after.

Description of Work
Repaired wind damage to ridge vents, and replaced roof on single car garage.

01/22/2012

Adrianne P.

It was a very good experience. The owner was very courteous and professional. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Half or the roof was replaced on my house. I only replaced half the roof, because the other half was in good condition.

10/17/2011

Tom C.

My 30 year old asphalt shingled roof was tired and needed to be replaced but as a classic procrastinator, I'd always found an excuse to stall the inevitable until Hand R Roofing showed up at my neighbor's house and replaced their roof in one day. The diligence and professionalism of the Hand R work crew persuaded me to approach them and ask for an estimate to do my roof. Ramon, their appraisor, came by shortly thereafter and gave me a rough estimate of $7,900 to completely replace my roof. Three days later, Ramon returned with a formal contract. He was accompanied by Renaldo, a Hand R crew chief. They went over the entire contract in detail with me so that I knew exactly what they were going to do, what materials would be used and what the contingencies were should they find any roof damage that they would need to fix beyond the scope of stripping off the old shingles and installing the new shingles. The final contract price was $7,900, the same as the estimate. I was given a target date and due to the vagaries of the weather, this date was pushed back a couple of times. If I had one complaint, it would be that Hand R Roofing should have kept me better informed when they knew that they were going to miss a target date. On Tuesday, Oct 11th, Renaldo and his 7 man work crew arrived at 7 AM sharp. They started by covering all the shrubbery with tarps. By 8:30 AM, the roof was completely stripped. By 11:45 AM the roof was completely reshingled and topped off with a new ridge vent. They completed the job by policing the grounds for another hour and a half. We have had several downpours since the 11th and I have not had any issues with the new roof. It looks great, just like my neighbor's. My thanks to Ramon, Renaldo and the Hand R Roofing crew.

Description of Work
Replace a 30 year old asphalt shingled roof.

02/09/2011

Jaime H.

After having water problems over the weekend and spending many hours outside shoveling most of the roof and chipping ice we decided we needed help. I called H & R at 3pm on Monday, they were at my house in 10 minutes to give me the quote and the crew was at my house at 4pm to complete the job. It took them 45 minutes to clear off the roof snow and ice. The crew worked like a well oiled machine. One of the crew members shoveled the snow and ice onto the snow banks while the other two finished up. They were professional and personable. My only question was was the price fair since my husband had already cleared more than half of the roof and chipped off some ice. But, given the current conditions and circumstances I didn't bother to ask about the price, I just wanted it done.

Description of Work
They removed the remaining snow and ice dams from my roof.

Category roof snow removal

02/04/2011

theresa S.

They did a good job. They were professional and did good work for the price.

Description of Work
They removed the ice and snow from my roof.

Category roof snow removal

Certified Chimney Inspections

We have been providing Top Class service to New England for nearly 2 decades. With over 4.5+/5 review on every rating service with nearly 1000+ verified reviews online CERTIFIED is clearly in a league of its own!! As central heating has evolved over the last 100+++ years, many of the venting systems/chimneys have not received proper if any updates. They are often overlooked (out of sight out of mind). In many homes original chimneys were built to be used much differently than what is needed nowadays. As your heating units change- from oil to gas or even coal; or the efficiency/btu output changes; or by adding or removing units, so should the exhaust system/chimney be updated to conform to current units manufacturers recommendations and requirements in order to function safely and efficiently. Many original chimneys are no longer suitable to vent the kind of heating units widely used nowadays. We use only 2-ply smooth-wall stainless steel Flue liners (greatly exceeds all IRC/NFPA requirements), as opposed to the majority of chimney companies that use code-minimum products (single ply or aluminum) for their customers. Although it does meet the minimum code requirements they are inferior in many ways. We use only UL listed material and offer a Lifetime Guarantee on the parts as well as a Lifetime Guarantee on the installation. Due to our volume we are always comparable if not lower in cost to our competitors using cheaper material. Our areas of expertise include: Chimney cleaning, chimney relining, Chimney caps, fireplace cleanings, damper replacement, Crown repair, brick repair, flashing repair, smoke chamber pargeting, Brick sealing, blockage removal, safety inspections, Insurance claim inspections, Oil to gas conversions, safe soot removal, new chimney installation, new fireplace installation, gas fireplace installation, wood burning inserts, wood-burning stoves, pellet inserts, pellet stoves, commercial chimneys.

Offers by Certified Chimney Inspections on Angi
    All Around Gutter & Home Repair

We offer all gutter services. Gutter cleaning, Gutter Repair, Gutter Installation, Gutter Covers, Fascia and soffit Repair We offer competative rates with a warranty for all work we do. We provide free estimates for all work I have been doing gutters work for 15 years. I am the owner and operator

Fox Gutter Cleaning

When you contact Fox Gutter Cleaning, you'll get outstanding service for all the gutter needs you have. For years, we have been the go-to gutter pros for homes and businesses throughout the Metro Boston area. Whether it's repair, cleaning, winter ice dam removal, or brand new installations, we always get the job done right. We have a machine to customize the size of your gutters. No seams, no leaks! Contact us today for your next project. We guarantee all of our work to meet your satisfaction.

Not Licensed
    CSL 101027
    MASS
    12/09/2017
    Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express

Roofing, Gutters, Siding, Additions, Dumpster Services.