Please call for more details.

Door Systems Inc

Founded 1951 • With Angi since November 2002

120 Alexander St

Framingham, MA 01702

Door Systems is a family owned company that have sold, installed & repaired garage doors and garage door openers since 1951. Not sure about the door you should choose? Come to visit our showroom to make your choice easier. A high-quality garage door combined to our professional service is one of

07/27/2018

Walter T.

superb...the company was super responsive and Gregg the technician came out ASAP and diagnosed the problem, ordered the new Board and got the garage back up and running! I would give these folks my highest rating...competent and super responsive!

Description of Work
my garage got hit by lightning and it fried the board in the system...so, i needed a new unit

06/13/2018

Ralph S.

The technician did a great job installing the new motor unit and balancing the door. He was professional and courteous. He also took the time to show me what he did.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

04/16/2018

David S.

Able to fit me into schedule on a stormy day on short notice.

Description of Work
Replaced gear in garage door opener

10/18/2017

CHUNYU H.

Bruce, the sales consultant, came the next day I called and gave me quotes with a few different options the same day. He was also responsive with questions I had. I decided to go with Door system out of 3 bids based on the competitive price, confidence on the finished clearance I will have, and recommendation from a local contractor friend who is in business for more than 50 years and one competitor. Once the deposit was placed, I was contacted the same day for my availability for the door installation. They informed me the installer's name and a two hour time frame a day before installation day John, the installer, arrived on time and started the installation promptly. During the installation, he had concern about a rusted angle iron on the floor and He went above and beyond to help us remove the rusted angle iron which the door seal will have rest on. The finished door is great, we love it!

Description of Work
Replace Two car Garage Door,Frame,Motor

08/14/2017

Lawrence N.

It went very well. Installer came when he said. He successfully installed the openers and provided the direction needed to operate them.

Description of Work
Had to replace my two garage door openers

Category garage doors

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that the work went smoothly.

02/10/2017

Zachary D.

It was probably the single worst experience I have ever had with a home purchase of this size. The door was over $4,700 and the way in which I feel I was treated as a customer and how it was handled by door systems was terrible at every turn. Door was custom made up in Canada so the lead time was 6 weeks. No issue. Door shows up and it's the wrong site. Needs to be reordered. Mistakes happen. Second install attempt the installers are rude and careless. So rude to me it almost got to the point where I asked them leave. But at this point I just wanted my garage door. After this guy is done being jerk it turns our they don't have the right hardware and need to run to the store. When they leave some of my doors hardware falls off their truck into the street. They had no idea, luckily my neighbors find the brackets and bring them back. After 3-4 hours they realize they also have the wrong weather stripping and can't finish the job. Few days later they come back to finish and they can't, again, because of the wrong weather stripping. While there though they asked to borrow my chop saw because the last guys did such a bad job. I finally have to reach out and complain, my sales guy is the only person to get back to me (even though I requested to speak to a supervisor) and apologizes for all of the issues, I asked for some kind of compensation since I have now missed 3 days of work waiting for the install. He says he can't do anything. I write an email detailing my experience to Garaga Corp, next day I am issues a whopping $250 credit on my $4,700 door. 5% off. WOW. Door is now finally installed but the new weather stripping is not as large as the old weather stripping and now I need to paint around the garage. Not a big deal at all but it would have been nice to have been told that at the beginning of the process. I cannot stress enough to anyone looking to get a garage door, STAY AWAY from Door Systems. Plenty of other guys that can sell you Garaga brand door and I am sure do a fine job the first time and treat you like you should be treated.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement

02/10/2017

Zachary D.

Went about as bad as it could have. Everything that could have gone wrong did. Door got installed in the end and it looks good but I would just steer clear of using these guys.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement

10/31/2016

Peggy H R.

The technician called before to tell me when he would be here, was prompt and provided excellent service. The bill will be mailed to me so I do not yet know the cost.

Description of Work
I needed the remote opener fixed and the mechanisms that cause the door to go up and down oiled and serviced to work smoothly.

01/09/2016

Conor S.

I was very pleased with the entire experience. They were professional, polite, and punctual. And of the 3 estimates I got, theirs was the lowest. I highly recommend Door Systems.

Description of Work
Removed old garage door openers for our 2-car garage. Installed 2 new ones.

Category garage doors

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate your kind words

11/11/2015

James J.

It was excellent. They were very professional and responsive, and also answered all my questions. They showed up on time and did quality work.

Description of Work
They replaced the whole door with new opener and remotes.

10/10/2015

Jamie D.

Our 17 year old liftmaster motor bit the dust, and Door Systems replaced it with a new one (which has an app that lets you check if your door is open or closed! talk about peace of mind! wish I'd replaced it sooner). Very pleased with service, courteous and knowledgeable staff, and the install was great. We are very happy with the way our garage works now. Price was very reasonable. I gave a "B" for punctuality because the tech was 90 minutes late on the first visit and I didn't receive a phone call to tell me he would be that far outside the time window I'd been given. Scheduling in general could be a little smoother -- would be more convenient to know 24 hours in advance (rather than same day) what the time window is for service. But that being said, the responsiveness from the customer service team was great.

Description of Work
Installed new motor and springs

Category garage doors, doors

[Member name removed] thank you very much for your kind review. So pleased that you are happy with your purchase. It really is amazing how far technology has come!

09/30/2015

Vince D.

The absolute most miserable assistant i have ever dealt with. This woman was extremely rude and sounded as if the company was going out of business and could care less to make an appointment.

Description of Work
Nothing, i didn't get past the rudeness of secretary

Category garage doors

I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience with our Company. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and long term relationships with our customers and like everyone, are always happy to have new customers. I certainly will address this with the office staff. Educational opportunities enable us to improve in all directions.

07/13/2015

James K.

Once we connected; all work was performed perfectly

Description of Work
Repair Garage Door Opener

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for letting us know that you were happy with our work.

06/01/2015

Richard M.

Took 9 months to get this panel ordered and then installed. Very poor responsiveness but they had installed the door originally. Wanted to be sure I got the correct panel so stuck with them. Panel was installed well in December, 2014, but by March door was making weird noise. We were away for several weeks. Door worse on return. Finally I called them to come check it out June 1st. They said it would be $143.00 just to check it out and then additional cost for repair!!! Outrageous service call price. Most other companies charge 49- 79. I said no thanks and they made no effort to adjust the cost even when they were the ones who installed it. Poor customer service. Not at all eager to solve a problem that their installation may have contributed to. Will never call them again!

Description of Work
Installed a new panel in one garage door. Checked function after installation.

Category garage doors

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had. I was out of work for several months and during that time new people were hired and because it was a very busy time of year for us, training was quickly done. I know that doesn't sound like a good excuse but there are no records of any other service calls after the section installation so I have nothing to go on. When someone told you the price of the service call...that is our standard price, but there would have been no way to know if the problem was connected to the section or not until we went out. Only then would we have known if it was chargeable. I will definitely bring this up with the staff and hope that this will be an educational opportunity. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, and again I apologize for what happened.

04/02/2015

Katy C.

The workman was on time, professional, and explained some things that I could do myself to keep the doors operating well. Unfortunately a week or so after he was here, the door started screeching terribly every time it was opened. I called back to ask what was going on and if they could send someone else back out, explaining I was a member of Angie's List and found them through the list. No one returned the several calls I made. The screech came and went, we oiled again, and learned to live with it.

Description of Work
Inspected my garage doors, fixed a coil, tightened and oiled door parts.

02/26/2015

Rob P.

It went really well. The technician that came to my house was very professional and replaced the worn rollers I had, made some suggestions for improvements to my garage door opening system and was in general very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Tune up of my garage door as part of a promotion through Angie's List

12/04/2014

Tom Z.

They were fast, did high quality work and were reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They installed a garage door opener and adjusting the door tracks.

10/20/2014

Mary L.

Worked out well. Talked to salesman after viewing website, then went to showroom to pick out final colors and designs for the doors. They had previously installed an opener, also through Angies' List, and that project went well, so I was looking forward to working with them again on the bigger project. Installer came on his own, and worked diligently most of the day. Left area clean and went over all the mechanics with me.

Description of Work
2 new garage doors and 1 new garage door opener

Category garage doors

Good morning [member name removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write up a positive review. It is our pleasure always to hear people are happy!

09/17/2014

Marc B.

They were fine, excellent, came at the point of time and the doors are working fine. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They did some maintenance of my doors.

Category doors

Good morning [member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. We all like to hear when we have done a service right! I will pass on your compliment to the technician. Thank you for using Door Systems, Inc.

09/06/2014

Alan B.

Phone contact when the opener broke was easy helpful and professional. Scheduling service appointment did require me to wait a week. They arrived on time,were clean about the installation, and completely professional.

Description of Work
Warranty replacement electric garage door opener

Category garage doors

Alan, thank you so much for your positive review. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer!

08/29/2014

Michael P.

Pricing was very competitive. Looks like a high quality door and haven't had any problems with it. The installers where punctual and very professional. The only issue I have is it is the wrong color. We ordered Desert Sand and they installed White. I call and emailed Hank the issue. He responded saying he drove by and look at the door an in opinion they installed what we ordered. I sent another email with a picture of the door they installed and a picture of a Desert Sand door from their Web site to highlight how they don't match. I also requested they come out to the house with a color chip sample to compare and didn't receive any response. Resent the email again with no response. Very poor customer service. Met with Hank on 9/3 to look at the color chips and Door Systems installed the color I ordered. I ordered the color based on what is on their web site for Desert Sand which is a few shades darker then the chip. I take full responsibility for not asking to see the color chip. Hank was very professional and concerned that that I was a satisfied happy customer. And I am. While at my house Hank noticed the door was making an odd noise when it was opening and schedule a tech to take a look at it...Thanks! I've change the rating to an A and would recommend Door Systems.

Description of Work
Installed Acadia 138 Classic Garage Door

Category garage doors

Good morning [member name removed], I am sorry to hear about the problem you had. I am going to look into this and we will get back to you promptly. Thank you for your response-good or bad, we learn from everything.

08/27/2014

Mary L.

Arrived on time, visually inspected both garage doors. Tried various methods to re-set control board on old opener. Gave me Angie's discount on keypad with purchase of new opener. Installed everything and reviewed operations for me.

Description of Work
Installed new garage door opener when old one could not be repaired due to failed circuitry.

Category garage doors, skylights

[member name removed], thank you so much for your positive review. It is always nice when someone takes the time to say good things!

07/28/2014

Daniel C.

Provider was scheduled to perform service between 1 - 3 and called at 11:30 to say they were running ahead of schedule and were in the driveway. The technician (Tim) was great installed the unit quickly and explained all of the different features.

Description of Work
Provider scheduled appt within two days of initial call. Replaced the unit quickly.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your kind review. I will also pass on your comments to Tim. He is very conscientious and professional and a definite asset to our team.

07/16/2014

BRIAN D.

It went excellently. Door Systems, Inc. was professional and efficient in arranging an appointment for me right away when I called them. The technician (Paul) came right on time, as promised. Paul was courteous, exceptionally helpful, and very professional . He fixed the problem, left by the original installer, in about 1/2 hour. He also checked the door for proper operation, showed me how the various adjustments worked on the door opener, and tested the door's safety devices. He was a professional and a gentleman. I was very pleased with his services. My only regret is that I did not hire Door Systems, Inc last March when I began the process of purchasing/installing a new garage door. I think it would have been a pleasure to work with them. The company which I hired (Trinity Garage Door, Dedham, MA.), as part of an Angie's List "BigDeal" offer, was awful to work with and did such a poor job that I ended up contacting Door Systems, Inc. and a licensed electrician (John Vespa Electrical contractors of Dedham, MA) to correct the poor quality work done by Trinity Garage doors. Door Systems, Inc and John Vespa Electrical rescued me from an expensive mess (at a cost, of course but It was well worth it!)

Description of Work
Reinstalled an electric door opener to brackets which he attached to the garage ceiling. The previous installer (Trinity Door, Inc.) made such a mess of this job that I wanted a different garage door specialist to make the repairs

Category garage doors, doors

Thank you [member name removed], for such a sparkling review! I will definitely pass your kind words on to Paul. He definitely is an asset to our team. I wish I could apologize for your experience with the other door company, but since I can't, I am glad to know that should you need sales or service in the future, you know that you will be well taken care of by Door Systems, Inc. Again, thank you.

06/20/2014

Veronica and Saul F.

Henry from Door Systems came to give us an estimate. He was helpful and courteous. The estimate was sent to us by email shortly afterwards and work began on the specified date. We are pleased with our new doors. The old ones were disposed of by Door Systems and all debris cleaned up. We had a little difficulty with the electric eye at one point which the company came out to fix. This was partially due to the fact that our garage is not "square" since it's very old,. However, the electric eye works very well at this point. Would use this company again and would be glad to especially recommend Henry.

Description of Work
Replaced two garage doors.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your very kind review, which I am pleased to share with Henry also!