Daniel Fox Roofing Co., Inc.

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2008

4.2

65 Flanagan Dr

Framingham, MA 01701

We serve our clients by delivering superior workmanship for projects that are on time and on budget. We take the responsibility of working on your home seriously and do our best to minimize any disruption that our presence my have on your life. Although our projects vary, our quality and commitment to our customers remains constant. We are proud that our business has been built on referrals from satisfied customers....

12/13/2017

George H.

Mr Fox and his crew came out and did the roofing on our house and garage. They worked hard but efficiently and did a great job. Very happy with their work. Would recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Complete roofing

04/15/2016

Margo L.

Description of Work
New asphalt roof over front porch and slate replacement as needed on house roof.

12/24/2014

Brandon S.

As planned

Description of Work
Roof replacement

06/27/2014

Anna D.

04/25/2014

Laura B.

I spoke with provider on 12/7/13. He said he would call when he planned to be in my area (which was to be appox. one week later). He never contacted me. I emailed him 2/20/14 to remind him of the deal but he never responded to my email.

04/19/2014

Samuel M.

I left multiple messages with him and never heard back.

02/17/2014

Maureen T.

I called Dan at 9am on Sunday morning and he was there within the hour. Very responsive and dedicated to his work. The water and ice is gone, thankfully. I highly recommend Dan. He was great!

Description of Work
Dan removed ice in our gutters that was causing water to drip into the house thru a bay window.

02/09/2014

KIRK B.

Never heard back after purchasing big deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Daniel Fox Roofing Co., Inc.

01/16/2014

Donna H.

see above

Description of Work
Mr Fox never showed up nor responded to an email. I asked for a refund

01/05/2014

Charles J.

I had seen the Daniel Fox roofing truck in Framingham at my Dentists office and also at a really big home in Newton. When I saw his offer on Angie's List and found out he was from my town, Framingham, I decided I wanted to use him. The project was to look into a small leak on my porch and seal it if possible and also give me an overall 3rd party review of the new roofing I had installed during the Summer. I was especially concerned with some new flashing the roofers had installed around my chimney, the new boots around 2 vent pipes and the 3 roof vents. These have been problem areas in the past and I can no longer go up on the roof myself to check them. Daniel checked everything and "touched-up" a few locations that I suspect I would have wanted to do myself if I still could. Overall his evaluation was positive, his attention to my concerns was thorough, and his service was prompt and fairly priced for what I needed him to do. I will definitely want him to come again to see that everything is in order and can comfortably recommend his service.

01/02/2014

Arthur T.

After this company did a spectacularly good job on our house and carriage house roofs (see our review dated 6/30/2013) we hired them to replace the wooden gutters on our large porch roof. This project did not go as well. The first problem was that there was no attempt to complete the job within the time frame that we had asked for, which coincided with an exterior paint job being done on our house. In fact, the job ultimately dragged on from August to mid November. The second problem was that when it was initially done, the work was both hasty and sloppy, with one downspout opening in the entirely wrong place and with large blobs of un-smoothed adhesive partially damming the flow of water. We discovered this problem only by going up on the roof ourselves after noticing the improper downspout placement. The problems were ultimately resolved acceptably, although it took many phone calls and text messages from us in order to make it happen. There were quite a few ?no show? commitments before the job was finished. Bottom line...great work on roofs, on wooden gutters not so good.

Description of Work
Replace wooden gutters on a large porch roof

12/12/2013

elena N.

I emailed the provider and explained the problem stating that my roof is old and many attempts were make to seal possible leaks. We agreed to meet and talk. He cancelled last minute because he was busy. We agreed to reschedule. He called and left a message. I called back and left a message, send a text and asked him to call again and reschedule. Nothing happened. A few days later I get a picture text of my roof and he is saying that he did a standard maintains. I was stunned. Not only I did not need any standard maintains as it was done already, but he ignored a "no trespassing" sign at my gate. This "deal" messed up my evening as I was deeply affected by this action and could not pull myself together to go on with my life. I would not do anything about it, but I still have the same leak in the roof and water goes into a wall visibly changing the color of finishing AFTER this company performed their services.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Daniel Fox Roofing Co., Inc. .

12/02/2013

David J.

Here are all the reasons why I rate Fox Roofing with A's across the board: Responsiveness - I booked the tune-up service on the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving. Within less than a week the service was scheduled and completed, even accounting for the Thanksgiving holiday. That is excellent responsiveness in my book. Follow-up - After doing the work, Danny called me, explained what he had found, what he did to correct the findings, and sent me pictures so I could see for myself. Very professional and much appreciated. Reasonable pricing - Danny did all the work for the original tune up price of $99. I had a small leak near one of the chimneys. It would have been easy (and probably reasonable as well) to say there was an additional charge to fix this, but he did it all for the original price. I would absolutely use him again in the future. This is one of the best experiences I have ever had with any sort of home repair. Definitely all A's in my book (and no, I am not a relative). Thanks for the high quality service!

Description of Work
He did a roof tune up, which including surveying the entire roof and addressing some issues around the chimney.

06/30/2013

Arthur T.

Job went well. See above for details.

Description of Work
Installed roof on house and free standing garage. Repaired an improper job that had been done by a previous roofer and had resulted in leaks. He came back several times including weekend after heavy rains to assess the situation and determine how to fix the problem. Rain delayed the start date but Dan appreciated the need to finish on time and remove the dumpster because of a graduation party where there were several elderly people coming who would not have been able to come into the house with the driveway obstructed. His crew worked in tremendous heat to finish the job and clean all debris .

03/06/2013

philip F.

The service was smooth and done quickly. It was also done at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
They repaired our damaged roof.

10/17/2012

William C.

We bought our home a few months prior to contacting Dan. We realized we had an issue with the roof when we noticed water coming through our garage ceiling and exterior wall. I called two contractors and the first company gave me the high pressure sales pitch and wanted me to sign a contract immediately. I thought they were a little pushy so I was reluctant to work with them. My second call was to Daniel Fox and he came out the next day, diagnosed what the problem was and shortly after gave me an estimate and told me I could call him on his cell phone if I had any questions. I did call him to verify the differences between the previous companies estimate and his. Although both companies diagnosed the problem with my roof consistently, Dan seemed like he would be easier to work with. After talking with him for just a few minutes, it was obvious that he knows his stuff. We were able to schedule the job for that same week and I no longer have water in my garage or dripping down my exterior wall.

Description of Work
Daniel Fox performed some repair work to my leaking roof.

07/02/2012

Catherine M.

Not well

Description of Work
This company did a roof replacement on my neighbors house. The dumpster co. Ran over a 10 year old Viburnum along the driveway of my house. When I spoke to Dan, he said that they do the best they can and didn't know they hit it. He went on to defend them. I told him I wasn't asking for a new shrub but that I thought he should know so he could tell them to be more careful. He continued to defend and said he would buy another bush and even plant it for me, all heavy with sarcasm. I also found trash in my backyard and nails on the driveway. This from a guy who I got an estimate from to replace my roof in the fall. I will be hiring someone else.

member, did call me upset about a "bush" that the dumpster company ran over, i told her im very sorry that youre upset and i was more than happy to accomadate her and make her happy, so i suggested that i will come by and take a look, but before even seeing it , i would be more than happy to replace it myself unseen, if it would make her happy. the street she lives on is a very very small dead end street that has 2or 3 houses on it. the street it self is barely wide enough for one car to drive on , never mind a large truck with a 30 yard dumpster on it. the street also has low hanging wires, so making it very limited as far as manuvering into a very small area to begin with. most people are very understanding, especially given the circumstances. even after i told her that i would replace it , even with out seeing it she repeated over and over and over again that the driver should have been more responsable. she must have repeated it 6-7 times. so i finally said once again im very sorry and i will replace it , you buy it i will pay for it and i will even plant it, so you dont have to do any work. she took it as sarcasm which is far from the truth. right from the start i tried to make her happy. but what makes this even more absurd is the fact thatSHE TOLD HER NEIGHBOR A MONTH BEFORE THIS HAPPENED THAT SHE WAS GOING TO RIP OUT THAT BUSH ALONG WITH OTHERS!!.THERE WAS ONE FOOT AND A HALF BROKEN BRANCH , YOU COULDNT EVEN TELL UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE POINTED IT OUT. BOTTOM LINE IS I DID EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE HER HAPPY. AS FAR AS DEBRIS ON HERE PROPERTY , IF THERE WAS ANY AT ALL TO PICK UP, WE WERE NOT GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DO SO AS SHE WOULDNT LET ANYONE ON HER PROPERTY.

12/04/2008

John W.

Generally it went very well. The only problem was getting a couple of small items done, in the gutter work, that had been missed which took a bit of prodding to get it done. At this time all is OK.

Description of Work
Re-roofed the entire house and replaced all wooden gutters.

10/30/2008

Michael S.

We are satisfied with their work. They were knowledgeable worked professionally. They showed up on time and finished when they stated. Their clean-up was done very well.

Description of Work
They replaced our slate roof and installed new gutters.