Caron Electrical

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2004

Framingham, MA 01701

We are a small company of 3 licensed electricians and donot use sub electricians to do our work.

05/03/2017

James H.

David was responsive, honest and fair. His team was great, took on the job and completed it in less time than his estimate. We paid a slight premium but the peace of mind, excellent responsiveness and high quality of work was worth it to us. We would definitely hire Caron Electrical again for future electrical projects.

Description of Work
Upgrade a 100amp service to 200amp.

05/16/2016

Michael P.

david is great--came right on time, great communication, got the job done quickly. prior to starting, he offered quite a bit of advice in advance for properly digging a trench, helping us pick out equipment that met code, and the proper order of getting work done (we're juggling several projects) glad my friend referred him to us. I've already gave his info to two people.

Description of Work
several electric projects

04/16/2016

Rebecca C.

I had a very pleasant experience with David and his team. We got a new range but felt really skittish about hooking it up to the circa 1950's wiring we had (no ground wire). I had another electrician over to try and snake a new cable through the impossible geometry of my house, but he was unable to do it. I called David Caron over to take a look and see what he thought. He took a look, agreed that we needed a new cable to safely feed the range and arranged for it to be done in 2 days. Long story short, one of the electricians from David's team came at the agreed upon time, was prompt, courteous, and extremely competent. He had the new cable snaked in no time flat. I was blown away because my attic is very tight and we have vaulted ceilings...not an easy task. The electrician even offered to reattach my flex duct which i'd removed to make attic access possible. He was the nicest guy. I'll definitely call David Caron and his team in the future should another electrical need arise.

Description of Work
Ran a new electrical cable, installed a new range receptacle, installed power cord on new range.

03/09/2016

Maggie H M.

The electrician was prompt and professional. He discovered the wiring was ok but that the box was loose within the wall causing a short and a dangerous situation (burning electrical smell, blackened box). He had to use tools to shave the wall to fit the new box in, but managed to do this without damaging the newly-installed backsplash glass tile. As always the work was excellent. I could not recommend this company more highly.

Description of Work
Replaced an outlet in the kitchen that was shorting out and melting due to a bad connection.

03/03/2016

Leah D.

Dave and his team are great. They are prompt, responsive, do a great job and clean up behind themselves. This is the second time I have used them and I have nothing but great things to say about them.

Description of Work
Caron Electrical installed a generator as well as switched out a large number of florescent lights for standard LEDs.

12/30/2014

Diana M.

They put in my full house air conditioning system for me also. They did a great job. One of the best things about them is they come out here just as soon as you call. Then you make an appointment and they call you like a half hour before the worker comes. It's very efficient, in terms of your time. They're not wasting any of your time.

Description of Work
They changed out a light fixture.

12/29/2014

Maggie H M.

David came early in the morning so that the cooktop was disconnected and removed, enabling the countertop to be installed. He came back later in the same day to reinstall the cooktop in the new countertop. It took a little extra work to get the cooktop in flush with the new counter as the countertop was not the same thickness as the countertop that had been removed. David worked to solve the problem and got the countertop reinstalled quickly.

Description of Work
David disconnected an electric cook top in preparation for installation of a new quartz kitchen counter and then returned later in the day to reinstall the cooktop.

10/02/2013

Maggie H M.

As always, very professional work. Punctual, efficient and polite. I could not recommend this company more highly. They provide excellent quality work.

Description of Work
When the rewiring was done earlier this month it was discovered the refrigerator and the dryer were sharing a circuit - which is unsafe and not up to code. A new circuit was installed for the refrigerator.

08/08/2013

Maggie H M.

Extremely professional high quality work. This was a complicated job and he was very thorough about assessing the needs and discussing options, getting permits, inspections and so on so that the wiring is safe and adequate for the needs of the house.

Description of Work
Service upgrade from 100 to 200 AMPS. Replaced existing panel with new 40 circ. main breaker panel and added dedicated lines to areas as needed. Replaced power feed to oven and cook top due to undersizing. Ran a new line outside for A/C unit. Installed new overhead light.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

03/18/2013

Jennifer L.

He was on time, knew his stuff, was willing to come on very short notice (we had a 3-day window to make a decision), and was very thorough. Had we purchased the property, he would have made a good amount of money on the project. However, he was very ethical in pointing out some major problems and issues that would have been a hazard and would have cost thousands to repair. Based on his assessment, we backed out of the purchase -- and he probably saved us a huge headache and thousands of dollars. We will use him again!

Description of Work
We were considering purchasing a condo, and hired Caron to come and do a fairly detailed inspection of the electrical system in the property.

12/31/2012

Arthur A S.

They did a fine job. David was very thorough in evaluating my needs for the emergency generator, which helped me pick out the right model. He did not sell me the generator - it was purchased elsewhere. The work was done quickly and professionally, with a minimum of disruption to my cluttered house. I've used the generator a few times since then, and everything has worked fine. Everyone I've dealt with from this company has been polite, professional, and punctual.

Description of Work
Installed an outdoor connection and a transfer switch for a gasoline powered generator.

08/24/2012

Paul S.

In order to obtain needed parts (and so that we could buy a new bathroom fixture to install), the job required two visits. The second had to be postponed unexpectedly, and Caron compensated us for the delay with a small discount. Almost two months later, everything is working well, and my only regret is that I postponed getting this work done for so long while I tried to figure out (or fix) problems myself. I won't hesitate to turn to Caron Electric for future work.

Description of Work
I had four jobs: the replacement of a basement ceiling fixture, the repair of two large fluorescent ceiling fixtures (one of them dating from the 1970s or earlier), and the diagnosis of a bathroom ceiling fixture given to intermittent flickering. The first was easy, insofar as anything is ever easy in dealing with 75-year-old wiring. The fluorescent ceiling fixtures needed fluorescent tube sockets replaced, which took a bit of time, especially on the old one. The bathroom fixture could not be repaired and had to be replaced.

05/31/2012

Judith E.

It went very well. He came on short notice and got the job done, allowing me to move on with my list of last mnute jobs before selling our house (the closing was imminent!).

Description of Work
Dave came in on very short notice to fix an electrical problem that needed to be fixed ASAP so we could sell our house. It was a relatively simple job: figure out why a particular outlet was not working, and fix it. He was terrific: very professional, timely, and got the job done. I would definitely use him again.

01/22/2012

Scot F.

David performed several separate jobs for me over a three-year period, one of them quite large. Outside of being very expensive, his work was solid.For the last job, I stayed home from work and waited for him to arrive. Eventually he called and said he had to cancel because another customer needed him. He said he would reschedule but he never called me back.I was left wondering whether he was the kind of guy who rated his customers by dollar potential instead of as a business relationship. I had told friends about him. I guess he already got what he wanted.

Description of Work
electrical, coax, ethernet cabling. wired the entire house for both coax and ethernet. Ii still have quite a bit of work I'd like to do and he was aware of that.

04/09/2011

Lauren Z.

Fantastic. A truly professional experience.

Description of Work
installation of lights, changing out outlets, etc

03/01/2011

Sarah M.

They are my local electricians. They job went well. They were here within half an hour of me calling them. They also replaced the air filter and cleaned the furnace. They are very responsive. They were the only one who go here within half an hour.

Description of Work
I recently used Caron Electrical last week as our furnace had broken down. The problem was with the blower motor. They replaced the motor.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/16/2010

Chris R.

David is a professional. He wasn't the lowest cost of the quotes I received but I was willing to pay a bit more because I liked his approach and felt more confident in his ability. David's electricians performed very well. Everything was installed as discussed. There was one hiccup along the way....one of the electricians called me to discuss.....and we found a solution. A few days after the installation, a closet light stopped working...David promptly came back out and fixed what turned out to be a bad switch. Overall, the experience was very good and would recommend David to others.

Description of Work
A basket of miscellaneous electrical items in my finished basement which I am renovating. Installed some outlets, some lighting, ran some speaker wire, and some outlets and low voltage cables for a wall-mounted TV.

06/14/2010

Barbara B.

David came same day. He fixed the problem within half hour and showed me how to correct it myself. He did not offer discount for Angie's List customers. I asked him about it. He appeared confused. I explained how his company appeared on the list. Then he said he offered 5% discount to Angie's List customers. I wouldn't liked him to mention that before I had to tell him.

Description of Work
Electrical.

01/29/2009

Michael S.

I called him and he came quickly and with in a few days he came with his team and walked thru the house with me and listened to what I needed done. The he set up his employers the other electrician to do the work and then he left and came back towards the end to make sure the work was done to my satisfaction. What I really like is that he sent me a bill. He did not stand around and wait for me to pay him.

Description of Work
They turned recess lights in to pendent lights and they installed recess lights. They installed 24 hour timers and relocated a phone cable.

09/22/2008

Donna F.

They were very timely, courteous and right on with their estimates. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
They upgraded some wiring and did some repairs.

09/09/2008

Erik D.

Excellent. Returned call promptly, gave estimate over the phone, scheduled service within a week, arrived on time, completed work and cleaned up nicely and charged same as estimate. Alternative estimates were much higher. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan in cathedral ceiling.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

04/04/2008

Linda D.

The job went very smoothly. I had bundled together a list of odd electrical jobs so they could all be done at one visit. David's employee was punctual and very efficient in his work. He cleaned up after the work and would never known he was there. David and his crew has done work for me before. I find David to be honest and straight forward. He is knowledgeable to his craft and to the rules of electrical code. I continue to use David and his group for all my electrical needs because of their professionalism and talents.

Description of Work
Installed a bathroom exhaust fan in the main bath area. Ran a new vent hose from fan exhaust in attic. Installed a door bell chime. Replaced a broken outlet in dining room and checked and fixed inoperative outlet outside the garage door.

01/04/2008

CATIE E.

Great! David is so responsive. He came to the house on the first day of the job and helped get his workers set up. He really took the time to understand what I wanted. After they left for the day, I found some things that I wanted to change, and he was very understanding and made sure on the second trip out to complete the project that everything was fixed to specifications. He takes alot of pride in his work and is very easy to get in contact with and work with. He is one of the best contractors that we have had work with us.

Description of Work
Replaced several light fixtures in house (including chandelier in 2 story foyer), installed new fixtures, installed new cable wiring.

11/12/2007

JUDY W.

I did not hire because "3-hour minimum" was too vague an estimate for me, especially not knowing what the hourly rate would be or if there were to be travel charges as well. As it turned out, I hired another electrician, and the work took just about 3 hours.

Description of Work
I emailed company with a list of 5 small electrical jobs. I got this prompt response: "I received your message and that sounds great, how we would work a job like this would be by a 3 hr. minimum. I wouldn't be able to come out to your house to estimate on such a small job and very little detail involved. If that still sounds alright to you, please let me know and I can go over the details." I emailed back, asking what the cost for the 3-hour minimum would be, if there were travel charges, and requesting proof of insurance. I never heard back.

09/19/2007

MICHELLE W.

They were very polite and considerate. They were neat and finished the job in about an hour. I felt very comfortable with their work and knew I could rely on them to do a professional job. I thought they did a great job.

Description of Work
Caron Electrical grounded an outlet for me in our house.