Atlas Glass & Mirror

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2010

63 Beaver St Unit 2

Framingham, MA 01702

We are a glass contracting business and we directly serve the glass needs of both residential and commercial property owners and business owners in the Boston Metro West area. We provide free estimates. We are fully insured. We also provide our products and services acting as a subcontractor for general contractors, home builders, and remodeling contractors....

10/29/2018

bob B.

They are good, they are fair and I recommend them highly. I've used them before and their price is fair.

Description of Work
They provided window treatments.

Category window treatments

02/22/2018

Marcy G.

I was very happy with their responsiveness and professionalism. Window looks great!

Description of Work
replace 1 pane of double pane picture window

Category glass repair

We always love to learn our customers are satisfied. That is what we strive to earn. Thanks for using our services.

02/22/2018

JOHN Y.

The crew was very friendly and helpful and tried to explain the steps involved. They had some minor equipment issue and apparently was one person short. Nonetheless they did their best and was very professional throughout.

Description of Work
Replacement of broken window

09/19/2017

JOHN B.

There was no charge for quote, but credibility wasn't there. The job was to replace glass in old windows. Blew of concerns regarding sash problems, potential leaks. Although he looked and 42 panes of glass, he quoted on 38. A lot of jobs about details, if an inch to big it's a nice window, but not mine, if he wasn't measuring in a way that gave me confidence, where do you go. A nice guy that wasn't on his game.

Description of Work
They came out and gave a quote on replacing glass in windows

Category replacement windows

I have to respond to this as this review is very harsh unfair feedback and it is really uncalled for. It takes quite a bit of time to measure (38) windows for replacement glass. We have to determine not only the dimensions but also whether or not the glass has any special coatings to improve factors involving energy conservation and also to determine how the window sash come apart in order to determine the labor charges. If all the window are the same brand it reduces some of this work. Regardless properly measuring for glass replacement in window is learned from experience. It is an estimate based on knowledge acquired. Unless the sash is taken apart the "exact" dimensions are a not known. Contractors are not going to disassemble every window sash to get exact measurements and property owners would not allow it either. It would involve nearly the same amount of work as it would to replace the glass. No contractor to the risk the liability of doing this while providing a free estimate. We spent considerable time at this property to provide a FREE estimate and the thanks we get is this negative review. A very ungrateful person. We e-mailed our proposal to [Member Name Removed] in late June and [Member Name Removed] was so upset about our service that he responded to Angies List almost three months later. Also it just might be possible that he only showed us (38) window opening and not (42). We would gladly have returned to measure the other four. The comment about us not being concerned about potential window sash problems does not sound like the person who visited the site. I know he tries to inform property owners about issues he notices (like rotten wood or windows with defective hardware) or is asked about. Sometimes issues are not apparent on visual inspection and only become apparent when you take the window apart. Regardless our expertise is as glass contracting company not a window replacement company. Ultimately it is the property owners responsibility to do his due diligence and make a decision to either replace the glass in windows or the windows. If the windows themselves are in sufficiently good condition it is almost always more economical for the property owner to replace the failed insulating glass rather than the whole window. We try to provide competitive pricing and we especially we try to provide quality workmanship. Apparently [Member Name Removed] believes he knows more about how to measure windows for glass than experience glass professional. I cannot even remember the last time another property owner questioned our measurements. If we did a poor job measuring glass we would not be receiving the high volume of positive reviews we get and we would constantly be re-ordering insulating glass from our IGU vendors. Every contractor makes the occasional mistake but if we do we own up to it and we take care of it and make it right. I don't recall that [Member Name Removed] ever even responded directly to us after we sent him our proposal. In 30 years in business this is the 1st time anyone we have had dealings with ever gave us a negative review for providing an estimate. A, B, A, C, N/A does not average out to D.

08/12/2017

Timothy F.

Great job. Fixed and called to let me know it was done. I picked it up after hours and left payment. I appreciated the fact he got the job done and trusted me to pay for it after the shop closed.

Description of Work
replaced a broken pane of glass in our exterior garage light. A small job but he made sure it got done and that I could pick it up the same day.

Category glass repair

Thank You for using our services.

04/14/2017

Sherry W.

the estimate was done quickly, installation was done as soon as glass was ready, work was done efficiently and bathroom was left clean when the job was done.

Description of Work
installing a glass shower door

Category glass repair

We are pleased that you were satisfied with the work we perform in you home. Thanks for the feedback and for using our services.

04/11/2017

Jane B.

Perfect- calls were returned on time, work was done quickly, neatly and I would use them again-

Description of Work
Replace plate glass window at my small business-

03/28/2017

Myron Z.

Very well.

Description of Work
Replaced glass in a large window with a rounded top, and a front door window.

Category glass repair,replacement windows,doors

02/21/2017

Gianfranco Z.

they were very professional and resolved the issues which were associated with normal wear.

Description of Work
Service of glass shower doors installed by Atlas Glass in the past.

Category glass repair,home remodeling,doors

02/14/2017

Megan G.

After many people telling us that they would not work on the windows because of their age, atlas had no problems with the job and got it done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Broken panes of glass needed to be replaced.

02/08/2017

Richard L.

Tom and Jay are fantastic and extremely knowledgeable. They were quick to return my call and schedule an appointment for an estimate and installation. They were on my short list to install a glass shower enclosure (wish I had chosen them!) and I would definitely hire them again for any window/glass needs.

Description of Work
A very large insulated window in my family room had a crack in the corner. It needed to be replaced.

01/23/2017

Ken W.

Why does Angie's list keep harassing me over and over again for reviews that I previously posted on Angie's list. Each time I have to try to find all my records to make sure I am reporting correctly. Once is enough for me. The answers to questions below have previously been reported.

Description of Work
custom make a glass top for a dining room table

Category glass repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are very sorry that Angie's List keeps contacting you. I want you to know that Atlas Glass & Mirror is not initiating this. We will attempt to contact the appropriate dept. at Angie's List and do the best we can to request that they to stop bothering you. Thank you very much for the review. Customer's that are satisfied with the results of our work are what we strive for. Jay

10/17/2016

Rebecca Allen M.

They were great. Came to the house at the agreed upon time, measured, then sent an estimate. We discussed a couple options like the type of glass, gas, and seals. They were on time on the set date and took each window or door out one at a time, took off the old gasket, replaced the glass, and then replaced the window. They were efficient, friendly and considerate about my belongings. No issues I only wish I'd done this sooner. I had searched for same size window sliders for several years. Replacing the glass was much more efficient I knew about Atlas because I have taken broken storm windows to them for years. They've replaced both glass and screens very professionally

Description of Work
Old/cracked gaskets had allowed condensation & mineral fogging in-between double-paned glass sliders- on several windows and doors

Category glass repair,replacement windows,doors

09/03/2016

Susan H.

They did a wonderful job. They returned phone calls promptly, were easy to work with, were on time with the schedule and cleaned up everything before they left. I would hire them again . The cost was comparable to other estimates we received for the same project.

Description of Work
We hired Atlas Glass & Mirror to replace the shower enclosure in our master bathroom. This included the frame, glass and door.

01/12/2016

GARRETT C.

Atlas Glass did a great job from quote to completion. Their price was very fair and far less than several other estimates I received. Atlas was neat, polite and professional and they did quality work. We have had no problems with the door since they replaced the glass. Jay was great to work with. I later had Atlas back to custom make a screen slider for the same door.

Description of Work
They replaced the large double glass pane in a patio door.

Category glass repair,doors

Thank You for your comments. A customer who is satisfied with the quality of our work is what we strive for.

09/20/2015

Andrea F.

We had a real challenge for Atlas Glass. Some years ago we?d had some of our removable storm windows (?energy panels?) coated with an anti-UV film to protect our livingroom furniture from fading. Because the film had been improperly applied, it discolored and turned cloudy. The installer had gone out of business and the company that makes the film, which is still in business, disclaimed responsibility (though they had referred us to the installer). We decided the only remedy was to replace the glass in the storm windows, one of which is quite large (about 6 by 4 feet), with glass that inherently blocks UV. Of several glass specialists we contacted, only Atlas was able to find a suitable UV-blocking glass, and they were very honest with us that it would not be as effective as the film ? but probably, we decided, good enough to do the job. It could not have been more of a pleasure working with Atlas. Their quote was very reasonable, despite the challenge of taking apart and re-assembling the large window frame, and they lived up to every promise in terms of price, quality, and timing. It turned out one of the principals lives near us, and he graciously timed delivery of the finished windows so he could help me heave the big boy up into its outdoor casing. Atlas figured out how to do a job that stumped several competitors, and did that job well in every way.

Description of Work
Replaced storm window panes with UV-absorbing glass.

09/04/2014

Brian C.

Responsive, came and measured and gave an estimate within a few days. Ordering glass took a little while and Installation was complicated by wrong size glass for basement window, but they came back the next day to finish it, all typical stuff. They were friendly and explained everything well, showed me how to open windows for cleaning. Overall what I expected and work was well done. I will use again in future for glass needs.

Description of Work
Replaced broken glass in window in bedroom, family room and basement window

08/13/2014

Margie S.

The experience was fine. I chose them because I might have gone to a couple of places and the price might have got me. The work they did was fine.

Description of Work
They redid a kitchen table top with the glass.

08/11/2014

Lauren O.

I have a good experience. That was the first time I've used them. They did it quickly. Whatever they quoted me was whatever the price was. It didn't change.

Description of Work
I used Atlas Glass & Mirror.

08/04/2014

Gianfranco Z.

Atlas dis avery good job. they were responsive, reasonably priced, accurate and returned when called to fine tune the installation when the glide mechanism they had installed started to bind. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Installed high end sliding glass doors and partitions in three bathrooms

Category glass repair,doors

08/04/2014

John N.

It was PERFECT. The job was done very well, and the price was very good. I most definitely recommend this company!!!

Description of Work
Mirrors in Bar, Glass in Front Door.

03/13/2014

Ken W.

I custom ordered glass from Atlas Glass to protect the top of my cherry walnut dining room table. They delivered and installed the glass within two days and the delivery was free. The service was excellent and they acted as consummate professionals. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
custom made glass

11/25/2013

steve H.

They did a great job. Came out measured it up, told me what we needed to do to prep for the new installation and returned with the new storm and installed without issue. They were very helpful and gave us a couple of options to consider.

Description of Work
We had a wild turkey fly into the storm window on the living room picture window - totally smashed it. Needed a new frame & storm window.

05/05/2013

Shoshannah G.

This is a professional, honest company. I found them on the internet, and send an online request. Within the same day, I received a call from Tom, even though the shop was closed that day, to discuss the details of the glass. Tom and Jay gave me two price options, and offered delivery service, since my car could not fit the mirror for transport. The mirror was delivered in a timely manner, and was exactly what we ordered. Thank you, Tom and Jay!

Description of Work
I ordered a custom mirror in May, 2013 to be delivered to my home.

07/23/2010

Aldo P.

They really did a good job. They are reasonably priced. They did the job in a neat manner, cleaning up well. It was very well done. They did a better job than I expected.

Description of Work
They did a glass project.

ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston

After serving the Greater Boston and MetroWest markets for 14 years, Handyman Matters of Greater Boston is excited to join forces with ACE Hardware to re-brand as ACE Handyman Service Greater Boston! ACE Handyman Services has been serving the Greater Boston and MetroWest areas since 2005. In that time we have completed over 6,000 jobs for more than 2,500 customers. We are proud that 50% of our on-going business comes from customers we've done business with in the past. We are an 11-time Super Service Award winner!

Offers by ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston on Angi
    Acton Woodworks, Inc.

As seen on "This Old House." For over 30 years, Acton Woodworks has specialized in residential design, design-build remodeling, additions, kitchen remodeling, cabinetry, home maintenance repairs and more. Our clients receive the most personal consideration with their designs, construction management, and workmanship. All design work is accomplished in-house with computer aided design and significant client participation. actonwoodworks@gmail.com

Rodenhiser Home Services

When it comes to great service for your home or business, it doesn't get better than the professionalism and dedication of Rodenhiser. It's an unsurpassed level of service built on a promise that ensures you get the very best - when you call Rodenhiser your satisfaction is guaranteed. With 90+ years of delighted residential and commercial clients, you can be sure that it's a promise that Rodenhiser delivers on every day. Additional contact name - Jon Manna. Additional phone - (508) 306-4845.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

We supply and installed many glass products including: shower doors/enclosures, insulating glass (for windows, doors, sunrooms, skylites), glass for (shelves, sneeze guards, partition walls, furniture tops, patio tables etc.), mirrors, decorative and pattern glass, screens. In addition for commercial property we sell, install, and repair..... commercial aluminum store fronts, entrances, door control hardware, safety glass, sun control glass, sound control glass, and much more.

Leaded glass, stained glass, auto glass.