Affordable Tile and Grout

Founded 1993 • With Angi since September 2013

Expert tile, stone, marble, glass installations onto back-splashes, tub-surrounds, fire-places, all walls and floors, and floor-tile grout restoration. We also do shower-grouts, water-proofing and repairs. No sub-contractors will be coming into your house; all work performed by me. 32 years exp...

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

tile installation (114)flooring (22)home remodeling (10)bathtub refinishing (2)

06/04/2022

Cristina H.

Ryan is a breed of contractor rarely found these days. His work is exceptional! He was running a bit behind & texted me, told me approximately when he'd arrive. I so appreciated this; it made me feel as though I was actually a person. He was so pleasant to deal with! When he finished, he cleaned up the work area carefully and told me to call him if any problems arose. I would absolutely hire him again....and again. Thank you, Ryan.

Description of Work
backsplash & trim

Work Completed On 06/04/2022

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 39755476

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]....its very humbling..

04/05/2022

Susan G.

Awesome, bathrooms look brand new and kitchen counter is refreshed. Ryan also went beyond and cut to length and installed wood moldings on shelf’s in bathroom that are visible. Terrific job with a smile to boot. Would rehire.

Description of Work
Tile work!

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 39686026

Thank-you for posting [Member Name Removed]

03/21/2022

Mark L.

Very well. Its a small area to tile in my kitchen. One day the tile was added. Then in a couple days later, Ryan comes back to grout.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

Thanks for posting [Member Name Removed]

12/03/2021

G D.

they were friendly, prof courteous and they cleaned up after themselves. the job that they did is amazing, its ,like brand new!!

Description of Work
bathroom tile cleaning, re grouted bath tile // dec 1st

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

thank-you for the feedback and the business.

08/13/2021

Mark P.

It went excellent. I'm very happy with the results . The quality is high. They resolved unexpectedly issues excellently and they have fairly price.

Description of Work
They install a new ceramic tile floor . They install a backsplash in the kitchen .

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

05/08/2021

Dot C.

It looks all new and and several stained tiles are white again Ryan is a pleasure and he loves dogs!

Description of Work
Remove old grout and replace. Repair tile. Applied and grouted new tile on one wall in shower

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

05/07/2021

Judith M.

Ryan and his team were tremendous. The replaced my kitchen tile and replaced the tile on my floor Reliable always responded right away to texts and emails Professional work Friendly - went above and beyond Five stars Cost 3 ,500

Description of Work
Affordable Tile and Grout

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 39323475

03/24/2021

Robert H.

Hired Affordable Tile and Grout for a bathroom re grout and tile cleaning. Ryan and his coworker did a fantastic job. I feel like we have a new bathroom. Communication was easy and he responded quickly to my calls and worked around my busy schedule. He and his co worker were as friendly and professional as could be. I will definitely use them again. Highly recommend. Robert

Description of Work
shower re grout and grout cleaning

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

Thank-you for the feedback

01/05/2021

Scott H.

Estimate: Ryan came out to evaluate the bathroom and was on-time and polite. He showed us that he valued our time and quickly found the trouble spots and confirmed our fears about the water damage. He gave us very reasonable pricing for what we wanted and also suggested several different paths for us to take to not just make the bathroom functional, but to improve its aesthetics for a marginally higher investment. Pre Renovation: Ryan had outlined in his estimate, the cost for the work to be performed. We were able to pick the materials ourselves. He met several times with my wife to go over design options, patterns, colors and educated both of us on the finer points of bathroom design. This included coordinating tile, flooring, vanity, new fixtures with associated plumbing valves as well as of the incidentals. Prior to initiating our job, he staged the area nicely and cleanly and fit his schedule to meet ours. He also had to coordinate with other contractors, on our behalf, and did so professionally. On a site note, I know that dealing with people and helping them decide on big purchases can be frustrating but Ryan showed nothing but patience and understanding in guiding us through the process. From start to finish he was just an exceptionally nice guy which seems rare these days, especially in Covid times. Demolition: Ryan was on time and showed up with another worker. They began by removing the existing tile, it was done quietly and they constantly cleaned as they went. However, when the tile came down in the spot(s) that we were concerned about, we found extensive water damage. When the house had settled it left a gap several feet long between a chimney and the house exterior and water had been getting in for years. The wood had turned to peat and crumbled away by barely touching it. The insulation was ruined. There was nothing left of the wall, nor the studs. Just gone. The floors had similar issues but not to that extent. Without missing a beat, Ryan cleared the debris away, assessed the damage and began repairs. The wall and floor were repaired, new studs installed, new subfloor, new insulation and it looked amazing. When I saw this, I breathed a deep sigh of relief. If this had gone on much longer, who knows what would have happened. Ryan also went through the type of repair would be required to the exterior of the house and made suggestions to help get it solved quickly. The vanity was removed and the bathroom was a blank canvas. Remodel: Ryan and his associate began by doing the tile. I've had friends that had tiling work done and it was scary to look at. That was not the case here. Ryan worked methodically adhering, spacing and leveling each tile. He didn't just slap it up. We decided to go for a white and gray marble tile and he looked at every piece and placed them in an aesthetically pleasing pattern where each time would compliment the pattern of the tiles adjoining it. Where, under the window, tile had previously just been shoved in to fill a gap, Ryan designed a little window sill and just made it fantastic. He has such a great attention to detail and he doesn't rush. He takes the time needed to do it right and it shows. The floor came next and we went with a slate gray porcelain tile. One thing that I noted is the pattern of the tile wasn't necessarily straight on all of the pieces. Ryan noticed it too and was able to lay them so not only they would be straight and true but that the pattern in the tile would be symmetrical as well. The next thing that was obvious was the tub and toilet. Ryan let us know about glazing options that we are going to do at a later date but gave us some recommendations of whom to go to. But in relation to the tub/toilet/vanity came the new plumbing fixtures. He helped us there as well. The fixtures in place were dilapidated and heavily oxidized, which makes sense being 50 years old at this point. So we chose replacements. Ryan found a great plumber to do it for us. The copper lines were replaced with new pex. The valves were all installed and the plumber quickly and expertly installed full Moen hardware. It was surprisingly painless. Ryan also helped us find a great deal on a vanity with real Carrara marble. He picked it up and installed it with the plumber and again, it went in quickly and easily, which I suspect is because he did his research up front on which one was best. Result: My wife and I did not have the money nor the plan to do a complete bathroom renovation. We wanted to do the tiles, fix water damage, and potentially update the plumbing hardware. We had a major problem and wanted to throw a band aid on it. With Ryan's skilled craftsmanship and a marginal increase in cost of materials it feels like we have gotten a complete bathroom makeover. We have to do the ceiling, the wallpaper and the mirror later, as well as glaze the tub and toilet, but what was done looks simply amazing. The walls are strong again, the tiles and marble are breath taking, the grout work is clean, and even the porcelain floors feel soft on my feet. I feel like I got a 75k bathroom straight off of HGTV when I didn't even expect it. Overall: This is the best experience I had with a contractor in all of my years. He quickly saw what we needed. Gave us options. Was super nice and friendly and educational in helping us narrow our design decisions. Gave us a great price which was super competitive. Planned the job well. Coordinated with other contractors well. Was polite and cleaned after every single day and left no mess behind. Finished everything he promised and more. Looks fantastic. Now if you've read everything I've wrote until this point, let me finish with this. Ryan has exceptional skill, integrity with his work and he is a super trustworthy guy. I know I have more projects around here to do, and Ryan is the one I will be calling for them.

Description of Work
Initially, my wife and I noticed tiles coming loose from the wall in our original 1970s bathroom. We suspected there was some kind of water damage. Initially we were looking to just have the tiles re-grouted on, but later in the project decided to go for a more complete remodel.

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 39117711

I am humbled by this review.....thankyou

10/06/2020

MEREDITH B.

Excellent! He was friendly, professional, experienced, always called me back and was on time. Work result is gorgeous!

Description of Work
tub and tile surround

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/22/2020

Graeme C.

Very professional did a great job cleaning tile and grout.

Description of Work
grout cleaning

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

thanks for the feedback

06/12/2020

Rachael Y.

Ryan came all the way to Wilmington MA to do our kitchen tile install! He is a great guy and the back splash came out awesome. Our kitchen looks like brand new!

Description of Work
Great install!

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 38647095

Thank-you for posting

06/06/2020

q L.

Ryan is very skillful, and great attention to details. We are very happy with the quality of all the work he did with the bathroom. The tile arrangement for the wall and the recessed niche is nicely done, the bathroom looks awesome.

Description of Work
remodel bathroom

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 38626332

Thank-you guys for posting, and congrats on the new house!!

06/05/2020

Elizabeth P.

It went very well. There ended up being 4 layers of flooring/tiles so it was more work than originally expected. Ryan ripped up the existing flooring and put down a new subfloor. I chose gray plank tiles which look great. He did a very nice job with the tiling.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor tiles

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 38621286

It was a tough one....thanks for posting.

03/04/2020

Alison E.

While we were away on vacation, Ryan did a beautiful job on our grout and caulking. We came home to much neater caulking in our shower and kitchen, giving both spaces a more professional look. He also repositioned and re-grouted vinyl tile in our bathroom that had migrated, using matching tinted grout. He was easy to work with and gave knowledgable suggestions for improving the tile in our craftsman bungalow home. We appreciate his diligence and expertise.

Description of Work
scrape old caulking and replace with new material, repair vinyl tile

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

02/12/2020

Patrick Q.

Repaired tile and regrouted tub. Retained orginal 1960s tile, it looks great.

Description of Work
Tile Repair with calking and grouting.

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

Thanks for the feedback guys

12/07/2019

Daniel C.

Ryan was prompt, polite, and thorough. Looks great and we will certainly use him again and recommend to others

Description of Work
Subway tile backsplash

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

Thank-you guys...

11/09/2019

Peter G.

Ryan did an outstanding job. The tub looks better than it has in years, as does the floor. He spent extra time going the extra mile to make sure everything was done right. We are planning to use Ryan in the future to redo the whole bathroom. I would highly recommend Affordable Tile and Grout!

Description of Work
Redo tile grout in bathroom -- tub and floor.

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

10/21/2019

Tom F.

Spectacularly! Ryan Labbe does excellent work. He is a true professional. I was particularly impressed with how he quickly returned every call I made. He arrived on time all three visits. I would not hesitate to use him on any tiling job. His price was reasonable too.

Description of Work
Re-grout walls and Install New Mosaic Tile Floor

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 38186430

Thank you for the feedback guys!

06/16/2019

Kate H.

Ryan was excellent! He was punctual, talented, clean and affordably priced. Honest and trustworthy. Great workmanship. He was very responsive: my new bathroom floor was installed within a week of my estimate. While he was onsite, I kept asking him to do little extras... and he kindly did the extras without charging me. Because of the extras, my job took longer than he anticipated, and he kindly came back on the weekend to finish. If you want a trustworthy, reliable tile job, look no further.

Description of Work
Remove and replace tile bathroom floor. Remove and replace tile entryway. Re-caulk backsplash in kitchen. Re-caulk shower enclosure.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 06/16/2019

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 37932295

06/01/2019

David D.

Great job Ryan on bathroom tile ... See you this fall for kitchen.

Description of Work
Tile bathroom

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Review for Affordable Tile and Grout - 6 Murray Rd., Framingham, MA - 37905736

05/18/2019

Liz L.

Awesome refresh to my bathroom. Old caulk was discolored and yuck. Ryan was responsive, quality work & offered great suggestions. Will use him again!

Description of Work
RE-caulk bathtub & flooring

Category home remodeling