Chimney Doctor Plus Inc

Founded 1976 • With Angi since November 2002

4.1

P.O.Box 490940

EVERETT, MA 02149

A small family business that has been in Concord 30 years. Estimates for work are at no charge. Pricing for cleanings are a set fee. All other work is given to the customer on a written proposal. Referrals and insurance certificates are available upon request. We do not service gas fireplace units.

10/23/2020

Marcia S.

Service was prompt, skilled and efficient at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
N/A

10/23/2020

John Q.

No issues.

Description of Work
Flashing around where the chimney enters the house and replacement and repair around the stack opening.

10/19/2020

Katie E.

It went very good. He was very reliable, he came on time, he put new caps on two of my chimneys and cleaned it out.

Description of Work
He did some mason work on my chimney and he cleaned it out.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

10/14/2020

Matt F.

It was perfect, very clear, he knows what he's doing, did it well and thoroughly.

Description of Work
They installed a flue liner and chimney cap.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

03/31/2015

Tamara D.

They were great. Very experienced, knowledgeable, responsive, honest. All the things you would want!

Description of Work
Cleaned our chimney and liner.

06/16/2014

Michael W.

Work was done in a courteous and professional manner. Work had to be rescheduled at the last minute due to weather concerns, and it took longer than I would have liked to coordinate the new schedule. Owner includes valuable good advice, tips, and observations based on his years of experience

Description of Work
Replaced several firebricks in the firebox. Repaired a crack. Cleaned the flue.

01/19/2014

Betsey C.

I say No, re using them in the future, because I hope that it's a one-time repair that will not be needed again in my lifetime. They are responsive, pleasant to deal with, punctual, and clearly observe high standards of workmanship. The price ended up less than the estimate, a pleasant surprise. Overall, a positive experience and I can recommend Chimney Doctor Plus.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my chimney from the roof line up.

01/06/2014

Aaron S.

The technician showed up right on time, did a great job and left no mess! He even inspected the chimney for any damage that might be a hazard in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned the chimney of our wood burning fireplace stove insert. The job was quick, professional and perfectly clean! We will be calling next year when we need the service again!

11/09/2012

LISA N.

Answered call promptly, arrived on time, were professional and not greedy. They explained that chimney didn't always need to be cleaned and let me know it could still go a year. Explained how often it should be cleaned based on use. I never had a chimney sweep explain that to me before. It was much appreciated! They even had a diagram available for further explanation. When Walter went to leave the house when he was almost done, he left the door open behind him. I have cats and I am vigilant about outside doors remaining closed, I was nearby and shut the door. Walter explained he thought his associate was right behind him. I would certainly use them again!

Description of Work
Had them clean out the chimney

06/15/2012

Bayard P.

No flim flam here. The Chimney Dr is honest and professional. You may not love the price but you get what you pay for, that is thorough, detailed, honest work. . I will not use anyone else!

Description of Work
a flu liner at one house, a cap at another, inspections

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/28/2011

ELIZABETH K.

see above

Description of Work
put a liner in chimney that services the furnace.Measured the top of the chimney incorrectly so the cover didn't fit. Was late for appointments, didn't show. Measured a fireplace glass cover incorrectly so we waited three more weeks to get one that fit. Was supposed to submit a corrected invoice but didn't. Failed to contact us over the summer even though they had 3 phone numbers. Totally unprofessional.

05/25/2010

Dave R.

Chimney cleaned and cap put on. Everything is good

Description of Work
Had chimney cleaned and cap put on

09/27/2007

Laura G.

This is a very messy job. They did, however put down plastic and cleaned everything up. I was surprised at how much stuff was inside my chimney. They made sure to clean up the mess for the most part.

Description of Work
The Chimney Doctor cleaned my chimney with long brushes from the inside of my home.

09/21/2007

WILLIAM E L.

I thought this was going to be a big mess and I guess in a way it was. They did, however put down plastic and cleaned everything up. I was surprised at how much stuff was inside my chimney. They did a great job.

Description of Work
The Chimney Doctor cleaned my chimney with long brushes from the inside.

11/22/2006

EDWARD H.

The liner is probably clean. But, as in our experience with The Chimney Doctor in the past (with a single-story house & chimney, and when we asked them to install the 30' liner when we moved to this new house), this organization has proven to be very off-putting and difficult to work with. The first appointment this year included their arrival in the rain, only to scold us for having a bend in the pipe and to leave the job because of a wet roof (when they had full knowledge before arriving that the roof is tough). The second appointment was a no-show with no cancellation nor any call for re-schedule. The third appointment (when my wife was home alone) caused my wife to burst into tears because they belittled her and our fireplace so badly. My wife came very close to either throwing them out or calling the police. They scolded us for having a dirty chimney! ''People like you have no idea how to use a woodstove,'' they said, instead of offering helpful services or friendly advice.

Description of Work
Cleansed the 6'' woodstove chimney liner -- about 25-30' tall, including having to gain access from the rooftop, which is atop a very steep roof that extends over a major hill below.

04/01/2002

PHILIP & MEGHE S.

SAID MY CHIMNEY DID NOT NEED TO BE CLEANED BUT IT NEEDED A NEW LINER AND MASONRY WORK. THREE OTHER COMPANIES SAID THE WORK WAS NOT NEEDED. I WOULD NOT CALL HIMAGAIN.

Description of Work
CHIMNEY INSPECTION

11/29/2001

STEPHANIE C.

COMPANY RECOMMENDED EXTENSIVE WORK INCLUDING TEARING DOWN THE EXISTING CHIMNEY AND REPLACING IT. MEMBER SOUGHT SEVERAL OTHER OPINIONS, ALL OF WHOM TOLD HER SHE DIDNT NEED THAT MUCH WORK DONE.

Description of Work
ESTIMATE FOR CHIMNEY WORK.

07/01/2001

Description of Work
CLEANED AND REPAIRED THE CHIMNEY

07/01/2001

Description of Work
CLEANED AND REPAIRED THE CHIMNEY

04/27/2001

MARNI S.

THE PERSON THAT CAME OUT WAS VERY OFFENSIVE AND RUDE.

Description of Work
CLEANED OUT CHIMNEY AND INSTALLED CLEAN OUT DOOR

04/19/2001

ARCHIE & DIANA L.

HIGH QUALITY. EXPENSIVE, BUT GOOD.

Description of Work
CHIMNEY REPAIRS

01/08/2001

Description of Work
CLEANS CHIMNEY

01/08/2001

JAMES Y.

Description of Work
CLEANED

American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers Coupon

Eddie and Simon

Masonry; Stone wall, bricks, blocks, concrete, stairs, pavers, chimney, repairs.

MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Massachusetts
    Massachusetts: Home Improvement
    05/03/2024

Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Caps, Interior & Exterior Masonry Repairs, S.S. Chimney Lining, Brick Waterproofing, New Lead Flashing & Fireplace Repair

We do not maintain gas fireplace equipment