Puroclean Emergency Restoration Services

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2011

4.3

22 Squire Ct

East Walpole, MA 02032

There's no need to expose your family to airborne bacteria, dust mites, mold, and mildew. Puroclean Emergency Restoration air duct cleaning experts can help keep your home or business safe from airborne contaminants and toxins. Clean air can help alleviate allergies, headaches, and sinus problems,

04/21/2016

Cynthia C.

That was a disaster. I was not happy with them at all. In fact that was one of the reasons I dropped Angie's List because they came with really good reviews and they just ended up costing me a whole lot more. That $79 thing was absolutely nothing, they talked me into all this other stuff. They left the dryer vent all greasy. It took me a while to get off whatever they lubricated it with. I couldn't get the lint off because it had grease all over it. They made a hole in my duct work, I didn't realize he was going to make holes in it. I have my burner serviced every year and they said it needed some extra duct work cleaning. They were pretty punctual.

Description of Work
They did dryer vent cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to read that you had a bad experience. We wanted to let you know that our company acquired the vent company that worked for you after that work was done. After we acquired the vent company we learned that some of their people were using some questionable sales techniques. Since we took over, we have ended those practices. We have tried to work with the previous owners clients as best we can and would be happy to speak with you to see if we might be able to assist you with any current problems you may have. Please feel free to contact our offices at your convenience if you are interested. Again, thank you for your feedback.

02/22/2016

Ben K.

I think it was a little expensive, but other than that, it was fine. I think there might have been an additional cost. I would probably use them again.

Description of Work
I purchased a $79 Big Deal for Puroclean Emergency Restoration for air duct and dryer vent cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for your review and endorsement that you would consider using us again in the future. Should you, your family, friends, or anyone else you know have any need for our air duct/vent cleaning services or our other services such as carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, mold remediation or water and fire damage restoration, please contact our offices at any time 24/7. Thank you

02/17/2016

Qingsong L.

It did not go well. They tried to over sell me. They could be more efficient such as taking out screws and putting them back. They sent two guys and one of the guys just stood there watching. He didn't do much, but did try to sell me other things.

Description of Work
Puroclean Emergency Restoration Services cleaned my air ducts. It was a big deal purchase.

01/08/2016

Carolyn G.

This service provider failed to respond on a professional level to a complaint. All indications by Angie's List shows this company as providing service to my home in June 2014- problem was discovered shortly after the year was up showing that device sold the year before was sold on deceptive practice. Due to the timing, Angie's List could not take action. They sold a UV Purification Light but did NOT install the device because there was no power outlet for it to work- the service technicians walked out knowing that the device wouldn't work after charging $399 for a little light. Repeated attempts were made by MASSPIRG to rectify situation. Puroclean has chosen not to come to the table for mediation. This is not how a professional company handles concerns.

Description of Work
Air Duct cleaning services and sold a UV light for $399 but did not ensure that the device was plugged in to work.

07/08/2015

Marjorie O.

It was okay. It's really hard to tell. They take a picture of your air ducts and show it to you. There's no way I know that it was my own air ducts. Of course, I didn't look in the air ducts before they came. It's hard for me to believe whether our air ducts were as dirty as the picture they showed. Anyway, it's better now. There were additional charges beyond the big deal price of $59. It was kind of bait and switch. But I guess I knew that to begin with. They talked a good game.

Description of Work
They cleaned out the air ducts and dryer vents.

Category air duct cleaning

We appreciate your comments and wanted to respond to give some additional clarity to the situation. The work you described was undertaken by the prior management of the company who utilized certain upsell techniques that you described. Our company took over the business in September of 2014 and immediately stopped the use of those techniques. We provide a quote for services to be undertaken based upon our initial visit and review with the property owner. Should we encounter situations in which we feel additional work might be necessary, we will review our findings with the property owner, get their input or questions and only proceed with their informed authorization. Should you have any questions or additional input, please feel free to contact our offices. Thank you.

03/27/2015

Chris H.

Two technicians came out and it took them about 3-4 hours. The service was great. I did have to pay extra and they told me that price upfront. They were on time and they quickly did everything I asked them to do.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from this company for complete air duct cleaning.

03/19/2015

Swami K.

who knows -- couldn't tell. they did try to up-charge me a hundred times. and the two kids they sent were totally unprofessional.

Description of Work
cleaned air ducts in theory

02/20/2015

Alyssa O.

Puroclean went above and beyond to clean the air ducts in my home. They arrived on time, were very professional, explained what they would do and how much things would cost. They even drove to the nearest Home Depot to purchase the filters I needed for my system as I couldn't tell them in advance what size I had. They did a good job cleaning up when they left. I will call them again next time I want to have my system cleaned.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts in my home.

02/09/2015

Sandra K.

The service was good. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I had my ducts all cleaned.

02/06/2015

Linda B.

He ended up just inspecting it but it was in good condition so he really didn't need to do anything. He was professional and everything was fine.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/06/2015

Gera;ld H.

It went very well. I ended up having to pay more money because my house was larger than expected, but the work was done well.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal (for $79) for air-duct cleaning (unlimited vents) plus free dryer-vent cleaning.

01/23/2015

Christopher D.

It was not so great. They weren't able to do much for me. They told me I have some problem with my venting and they couldn't fix it. There was no additional charge.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Puroclean Emergency Restoration.

Category dryer vent cleaning

01/14/2015

Scott R.

The service was fine and they did what they needed to. I have no complaints about this company.

Description of Work
They cleaned our air ducts.

11/12/2014

Alan T.

The 2 men that were sent to perform the service were friendly and professional. They were on time and I received a reminder phone call the day before. However, the wait time for an open appointment was about 3 months. I called in October and they scheduled me for January, but I was in no rush so I scheduled. I opted to have the additional service of cleaning and tuning up my furnace motor, which seemed to be in rough shape (result of not changing filter often enough), and applying the disinfectant solution and spray since the additional cost for these services seemed fair. (My ducts were not cleaned for over 10 years and I saw for myself the condition of the motor.) I in no way felt pressured or like I was getting a "hard sell". I purchased the $88 deal on Angie's List, which I admit makes the total cost seem like a huge mark up. However, after subtracting the additional work I had performed, the total cost was in line or a bit lower than other quotes I received or found online for duct and dryer vent cleaning. I also noted the writing on the deal that stated there would be an additional cost for more than one main line and return (I have 2 main lines and 4 returns), so I was not shocked by the price. I think disclosing an approximate price for these additional parts would satisfy a lot of the complaints I have read. One problem I had was with the dryer vent cleaning. After the service was performed, I noticed my clothes were still wet after going through the dryer. I took the line apart myself and pulled out handfuls of lint. I called to report this because I was afraid of the fire hazard and just wanted some assurance that the other work was not faulty. The response I got from the receptionist was not great. I was offered a refund for dryer vent cleaning (~$30) or for someone to come back, but no apology or desire to make sure the other work was done right. Luckily, the owner was in the office. He got on the phone and was excellent. He promised to come by the next day (a Saturday) and check all work. He arrived as promised, inspected and took pictures of the air ducts and gave the dryer vent a second look (apparently I did not remove all the lint when I took it apart, so he made sure it was done right). Honestly, he saved this review. I would use this company again because I know if a mistake is made, they will make it right (despite some of the bumps mentioned).

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning (with additional application of Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution and Spray) , dryer vent cleaning, and cleaned and tuned up furnace motor.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

10/22/2014

Deborah K.

It's frustrating that every duct cleaning company does this and refuses to build a deal that works for the average house. If it was $250 or $300 and they insured no additional costs for standard service I would think they would still do well. Any way they seemed to have done a good job and after the furnace filter showed a lot of junk the next month when I replaced it's been fairly clean.

Description of Work
Came out for $88 duct cleaning and immediately told us the true cost. Cleaned the ducts

10/16/2014

Claudia G.

Good, but coupon didn't cover everything, so they upsold to us.

Description of Work
clean vent and dryer

10/08/2014

Robyn E C.

This $49 deal cost me an additional $543. The deal was for 1 main and unlimited vents. The reason for the additional cost was I didn't realize I had two mains and 4 returns. The blower motor was so clogged with pet hair that I needed to have that cleaned. The treatment of the air passages was an additional charge. In all fairness to this company we had never had the air ducts cleaned. The blower motor I believe has been service in the past when we've had the furnace cleaned. The service guys were very professional and puctional. The work was completed in a reasonable length of time. Now that I know the layout of the air ducts I believe I would need to purchase two of the deals

Description of Work
Cleaned vents and returns. Cleaned 2 main ducts. Cleaned motor. Treated air passages with sanitizer and mildicide.

09/30/2014

Susan M.

From the beginning to end, the company was very responsive and understanding of my concerns, as well as those of my tenants. They were very thorough, professional, respectful and kept in full communication throughout the process. Initially the person who came to evaluate the property was the owner, David. The cleanup work was performed by 2 of his employees, Lee and Jeff. Everyone was easy to deal with and they all demonstrated their knowledge. Both my tenants and myself felt comfortable that our concerns were appropriately addressed and that the work was thoroughly done.

Description of Work
This company performed a mold remediation cleanup in my basement as there were indications that there might potentially be some signs of mold and/or mildew in my basement.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

09/18/2014

Scott S.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that we purchased. It was fine. They did the work for the coupon but they said it was in really bad condition so they added another job to it. We paid another $300 to $400 because they did a bigger cleaning out of the vents. They came on time. They did the inspection and then recommended that we do a very thorough cleaning which they were able to do right away. I don't know if it was necessary or not but we just had a renovation done so we just wanted it done. They did it quickly. They actually knocked out a pipe that caused some flooding in our basement. They didn't notice it but they could have been more careful. We didn't compare the pricing. I wasn't unhappy with them but I would do a price comparison the next time.

Description of Work
They inspected and cleaned the vents.

09/13/2014

Jessica B.

I can see why these Big Deals are a good way for companies to make some money: they come in and find lots of other problems to fix! In our case, the technician showed me photos of the insides of our vents, showing me mold growing all over the interior. We also have two air exchangers for our zone HVAC, so there was an additional charge for that. Overall, I think they did a good job getting things cleaned up, and they charged us less than the a la carte pricing on all the services would have been.

Description of Work
Performed vent cleaning included with Angie's List deal, and added additional services totaling $700.

09/08/2014

Gloria L.

It went well, although more expensive than I anticipated

Description of Work
Cleaned all vents and ducts

Shailesh K.

Bought a deal to clean the dryer duct. As others have mentioned, the contractor has rescheduled 3 times citing an accident in the family 2 times and simply not shown up for the third time. Have contacted Angie's list for a refund which I don't know if it's possible. They may be going through a rough time but missing appointment 3 times is not permissible.

Description of Work
Bought the big deal for dryer duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

I am sorry we weren't able to keep our appointment due to a tragic accident with my brother on his motorcycle. Unfortunately without him we can no longer perform the job properly. You and Any other clients that we were unable to get to will be contacted by puroclean to honor the voucher unless you would like a refund then contact Angies list for that.

Timothy J.

Dave and his team were extremely professional. He was helpful and communicative and was able to fit me into his schedule on fairly short notice. The basement was mostly empty but they took great care in covering the washer and dryer, oil tank, and furnace prior to spraying. They pulled each and every nail from the floor joists (there had been an improperly installed tile ceiling in the past which caused the mold issue) to prevent the sealant from dripping on the floor as it dried. They also took down some sheet rock that had been left hanging by the previous owner. I could not be more happy with the cleanliness of the job and they definintely left the basement cleaner than they found it. They provided written documentation that the job was performed to EPA standards and guaranteed for two years. I would highly recommend Dave and PuroClean to anyone who needed mold remediation or disaster restoration services.

Description of Work
We were in process of purchasing our first home found what we thought might be mold in the basement during the inspection. Dave B. from PuroClean came highly recommended to perform the necessary mold remediation. He promptly came to the property to confirm the presence of mold and provide a free estimate. The following services were included on the quote: containment of the area, personal protective equipment, cleaning of structural surfaces with hydrogen peroxide solution, application of anti microbial agent, and application of white sealant to structural surfaces. The work was guaranteed for two years.

Category mold removal

Rita F.

I had called them twice yesterday and followed up wtih an email and as of this morning I have not heard back from them.

Description of Work
I had hired them to clean my air ducts and dryer vents.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

[Member Name], I apologize for not getting to your home or not calling. My brother whom is also my partner had a really bad accident and had been left unable to walk since. We've been dealing with that so my focus hasn't been 100% and unfortunately wothout him we can no longer do the job sos Puroclean will be contacting you to honor the voucher

08/14/2014

Holly N.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS unless you want to be ripped off and treated disrespectfully in your own home! Anthony and his coworker, John, came to my house today to do the airduct cleaning under the $59 deal I purchased. After inspecting the duct work, Anthony advised me it would be an additional $385 from what I paid. From the description on their deal I was fully prepared to pay an additional $60 for the extra 4 returns in my house, but they said that while I do have only one main line, I have 2 branches off my main line which would be an additional $119 each. When I stated that there was no mention of cost for branches I was told I should have read the deal more thoroughly or looked at their website for a diagram. Nowhere in the deal does it mention branches or that I should first look at their website diagram. When I advised them that I was not willing to pay that much extra and that I would request a refund from Angie's list, Anthony became extremely rude. I started to walk up my stairs but given his demeanor decided to go back down until they left. He did not hear me return and upon walking in to the room I heard Anthony say to his coworker, "she's a b****." At that point I told him to get out of my house immediately and that I would be sure to leave a bad review on Angie's List to which he replied, "I don't give a sh*t.". I had a friend over for lunch at the time and she was appalled by their actions as well. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Description of Work
Provided a deceitful "deal" and treated me with extreme disrespect

Radiant Cleaning Services Inc

Proudly Serving Residential & Commercial Customers Throughout MetroWest MA, South Boston & Portion of Worcester Areas. Affordable cost cleaning carpets, rugs, upholstery, tile, grout, janitorial services and power wash over 23 years of experience. Our customer satisfaction is our number-one priority and our outstanding reviews are proof that when it comes to value and quality, Radiant is the best choice. Our experience and state of the art equipment ensures that you receive the finest in value and quality for all your cleaning needs. Our services depend on repeat and referral business, so we do everything possible to make sure you will call us again and tell your friends what a great job we did! We are not a franchise and we are fully insured and bonded for your home or office's protection.

Offers by Radiant Cleaning Services Inc on Angi
    German Linares Electrician

We provide residential electric services and light commercial.

Newton Fire and Flood Inc.

Newtown Fire and Flood specializes in being a one-stop shop for all water damage, fire damage, Mold testing and Mold remediation problems. After a flood or fire, they also do the repairs of your home to complete the job - making them a true one stop shop. Phil, the owner and operator, answers the phone and takes care of the problem with his team. Newtown Fire and Flood won't leave a job until you are completely satisfied and will work with you and your insurance company after the job to complete the process. We are a 24 hour emergency service company, so if you have an immediate problem and need some help in an emergency, please give us a call! We look forward to working with you! Serving all of New England with offices in Southshore, Northshore, and Wooster - as well as greater Boston. Additional DBA - Newton Fire and Flood Inc.

Air duct cleaning - dryer vent cleaning, electrostatic filters, cleaning products, baseboard cleaning, window, & carpet cleaning

ask for details